Presidential Primary Debates

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

Re: Presidential Primary Debates

Post by Lassr »

bb2112 wrote:
Lassr wrote: His last post brings out what I was thinking the whole time and I agree with him and he is ok with us voting for him.
Hilarious. I did something similar earlier in the game with a +1 on one of your comments and I have been in your cross hairs ever since.
All about timing.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Grundbegriff wrote:I don't mind saying that I think all of you-- Lassr, Isgrimnur, bb2112, and Newcastle-- are acting like Republicans, skilled werewolves to a man. If the Democrats lose this game, it'll be for that reason.
Edit: to change the edit count from 1 to 2.
So we are all acting like the bad guys? If that is your thinking, I am not sure "skilled" means what you think it means.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

bb2112 wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:I don't mind saying that I think all of you-- Lassr, Isgrimnur, bb2112, and Newcastle-- are acting like Republicans, skilled werewolves to a man. If the Democrats lose this game, it'll be for that reason.
So we are all acting like the bad guys? If that is your thinking, I am not sure "skilled" means what you think it means.
I was assuming he meant Democrats...did he poke the innocents! j/k
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Lassr wrote: His last post brings out what I was thinking the whole time and I agree with him and he is ok with us voting for him.
Hilarious. I did something similar earlier in the game with a +1 on one of your comments and I have been in your cross hairs ever since.
All about timing.
:lol: I like you Lassr.

(Thinks to self, crap, that probably just made me his number one suspect again. :( )
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Votes Received
(3) Newcastle: Isgrimnur, Grundbegriff, RevHempus71
(0) Lassr:
(0) Isgrimnur:
(0) bb2112: RevHempus71
(0) Grundbegriff:
(0) RevHempus71:

Four votes are needed to make a majority.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Newcastle 

Let's see.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Grundbegriff wrote:
bb2112 wrote:I am going to assume by Grund's vote, that Newcastle is not the player he scanned.
That's sort of a funny assumption. :D
Hence why I haven't voted yet. I still have this little nagging doubt and it bugs me that we don't know the scan yet. I would rather not screw this up while we are in the final chapters of this game. By your posts about Isgrimnur, I am assuming he is the one you scanned.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Well, there we go then. :D
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Lassr is a Democrat.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

bb2112 wrote:
I mean you're all acting very convincingly Democratic, which is just what a skilled Republican would do.
(If you don't believe me, just look at Washington DC in a non-election year.)
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Grundbegriff wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
I mean you're all acting very convincingly Democratic, which is just what a skilled Republican would do.
(If you don't believe me, just look at Washington DC in a non-election year.)
ah, political humor. :lol:

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

As Oliver Hardy might've said, the suspenders are killing me.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Newcastle wrote:/checks his Smartphone
/reads his Newcastle for US Pac APP and sees Citrus Assoc. has dropped 10K more in the kitty
/thinks to self probably too late to save my hide seeing how my poll numbers are dropping
Newcastle rings for his aide. No answer. Rings again. No answer.
"What is this, lunchtime?"
Newcastle walks into the outer office.
"Didn't you hear my buzzer?! I need that polling data..."
But the office is empty. Everyone has left Newcastle for a more viable candidate. The Democrats have abandoned one of their own.

It's now Night. Send me your orders.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

well...shit

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Grundbegriff wrote:Lassr is a Democrat.
So Lassr was your scan? So then it is Isgrimnur!

So if things go according to Hoyle (and not Murphy), Grund will be protected tonight, he will have a scan tomorrow, then game over! Wooohooo!
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

bb2112 wrote:

So if things go according to Hoyle (and not Murphy), Grund will be protected tonight, he will have a scan tomorrow, then game over! Wooohooo!
are you really happy or fake happy?

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

:binky: :doh: :binky:

Seriously? Seriously?

I really didnt have more time to defens myself...asshats
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote:
bb2112 wrote:

are you really happy or fake happy?
Really happy. If you were the scan, then I know the outcome of the game now. I know you don't, but that is the price of you being scanned. Grund will report tomorrow (as long as the protections go as I think they are going to) and we will all know. Maybe he will drag it out like he did today, but that will only torture you and Rev. Isgrimnur and I already know the score. Well, I guess Isgrimnur has known since the start, but now I've finally have come to the party. Tonight will bring Grund, and tomorrow will bring the rest of you.

I do like to see if I can survive to the end of these things.

Of course, knowing that Isgrimnur has lost, he may just kill off reservation again...
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle wrote::binky: :doh: :binky:

Seriously? Seriously?

I really didnt have more time to defens myself...asshats
And it wasn't me! Sorry NC. I was pushing for your death all game. Console yourself with you were in the same boat as me at the end. If either of us were voted out yesterday, then it does clarify the field for tomorrow. Another consolation has to be that your posts, and Scoops, were hilariously entertaining. I haven't had this much fun as a villager since I don't know when. Thank you. Now that you have that warchest built up, and no candidacy plans, the old bb fund needs a pick up. Although it looks like a Grund/Rev ticket is going to be hard to beat.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Ima punch you if you're fakin' all that glee.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Grundbegriff wrote:Ima punch you if you're fakin' all that glee.
Ha, no punches for me then. Besides, you are going to scan me or Isgrimnur soon and you will know the truth.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

We should have this in the bag.
Grund do your thing,
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Everyone wakes up after a peaceful night of sleep. No sirens. No police. All was quiet.

It's now Day.

Votes Received
(0) Lassr:
(0) Isgrimnur:
(0) bb2112:
(0) Grundbegriff:
(0) RevHempus71:

Three votes are needed to make a majority.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Grundbegriff can we eliminate the pesky Republican now.
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Isgrimnur 

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

So it is Issy as I suspected.

I'll wait to hear from Grund, just to be sure.

Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Obama is guilty of treason! Bring back the gold standard! The US is a Nazi state and there won't be an election in 2016! Prisons turn people gay and Obamacare will be the downfall of this great Christian nation! The pledge and In God We Trust prove that the founders wanted a Christian nation! WHARRGARBL!
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Still, there was much stabby stabby. Well played.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Isgrimnur 

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Wow! I can't believe I won! I thought for sure the Democrats were going to smoke us. J/K.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Good job Democrats. Boss Tweed is proud of your efforts in rooting out the Republicans.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Thanks for playing another one of my Political WW games. Everyone did a great job playing their parts and staying on theme. It was always my intention to have Webb's power limited to a new protection each night. Just one of those typos when writing up the rules. Hopefully the rule change mid-game didn't cause too many issues, but I feel like it balanced the game. This could have easily gone to the Republicans if Grundbegriff doesn't correctly lead the charge against Remus and Scoop. Even after that Isgrimnur could have possibly won if he had stabbed Grundbegriff instead of RMC.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Good Job!

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I gotta say this game really involved some

available now in time for Christmas!
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Also, thanks for running the game, Morliere - really a lot of fun.
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

I feel bad that Trump never had a chance to use his conversion. That unknown is always my favorite part of these games. I still like the mechanic (i.e., limitation) I put against it and with the slight change to Hillary's use of her resurrection power. Anyone else have any thoughts on these 2 rules?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Moliere wrote:I feel bad that Trump never had a chance to use his conversion. That unknown is always my favorite part of these games. I still like the mechanic (i.e., limitation) I put against it and with the slight change to Hillary's use of her resurrection power. Anyone else have any thoughts on these 2 rules?
I thought that the limitation on Trump's conversion was pretty reasonable (of course, having been on the side that benefited from it not being able to be used). Personally I dislike "anytime anywhere silent" type conversions, because it often makes any kind of real logical analysis by the village effectively impossible since anyone in the game could have switched sides at any point during the game and there's essentially no way to know (at least until you hit the starting number of wolves).
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

SO when Grund lived the 2nd day I was baffled and I tried to go back and find some loop hole where he somehow got converted and was republican and the rules made it impossible. Then I was trying to think of any advantage the republicans gained by not attempting to take out Grund and again I could think of none. BB posts summing up what I had figured out made me get away from my BB=republican equation unless he realized after the fact that he screwed up. I didn't buy that because he had his head in the game.

I never suspected Newcastle any the whole game until his confusion on the rules but then I thought he had his head in the game the whole time and even if he thought the rule was Ben died if attacking the protected he still had to go for it or the game was over. Newcastle is better than that.

That led me to Issy. You hate to use META info but he posted it in the game thread and that was the only thing I could think of for the RMC killing. If I was going through what Issy was going through I would not have my head in the game either...

So sorry Newcastle for taking you out against my better judgement but I wanted to give Issy the benefit of the doubt due to his circumstances.

Black Lives Matter