Post by Scoop20906 »

Crap. Yeah to you Holman.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Re: Secret Hitler

Post by Scoop20906 »

Both are a risk. Vorret is less of a risk. Yes you have been consistent. No that doesn't make you liberal. That is my point!

Holman

Post by Holman »

Scoop20906 wrote:Both are a risk. Vorret is less of a risk. Yes you have been consistent. No that doesn't make you liberal. That is my point!
My point is that, if I'm bad, then Vorret is no less of a risk than CR would be--Vorret and I would have been building trust all along for this Big Hitler Moment.

If I'm good, you can trust me that CR is good, and you're left acknowledging that Vorret still *might* not be.

There's no scenario in which Vorret is less of a risk than CR.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

I'm waiting for votes from bb2112, El Guapo, stessier, and Vorret.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Holman wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Both are a risk. Vorret is less of a risk. Yes you have been consistent. No that doesn't make you liberal. That is my point!
My point is that, if I'm bad, then Vorret is no less of a risk than CR would be--Vorret and I would have been building trust all along for this Big Hitler Moment.

If I'm good, you can trust me that CR is good, and you're left acknowledging that Vorret still *might* not be.

There's no scenario in which Vorret is less of a risk than CR.
This is true which means when you picked chaos this really seemed like a set up. I don't care if you've been consistent about it. You could be consistently lying, right?

Holman

Post by Holman »

It's true that I could have been consistently lying all this time, but that would require a degree of forethought (and in a totally new game) of which I doubt I'm really capable.

This game isn't Werewolf. Scans aren't public. Lynchings don't whittle the field. Special powers exist but are meant to be avoided by the good guys. I'm looking forward to the post-mortem because I can't decide whether I think this design is brilliantly frustrating or just frustrating.

If you trust me, it's because you see that I've acted to put Liberal policies on the table and to try to identify bad guy behavior. I'm not sure that there's anything I can offer to convince you that you haven't already seen.

Plus I'm about 75% thinking that all this drama is Fascist smokescreen.
Holman

Post by Holman »

By the way: according to Grund's announcement, you've already voted anyway...
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Scoop20906 wrote:Dude! Are you serious?
I voted No the moment I said this Holman. I could be wrong and we have a great chance to win the game. I'd be very happy to be wrong. But if I'm right then yeah it would suck to let the fascist steal the game at the 11th hour.

I don't expect you to agree. I'm talking for the benefit of the other liberals.

Holman

Post by Holman »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Dude! Are you serious?
I voted No the moment I said this Holman. I could be wrong and we have a great chance to win the game. I'd be very happy to be wrong. But if I'm right then yeah it would suck to let the fascist steal the game at the 11th hour.

I don't expect you to agree. I'm talking for the benefit of the other liberals.
I certainly understand how the dynamics of the game deny you certainty. I had a scan after certain lines had been drawn, but that's just because I was lucky in the player order.

We'll see who's who soon enough. I do feel good about the chances of having at least one L in the card draw, and of course I'm 100% sure about Chaosraven.
stessier

Post by stessier »

All we need is for the Liberals to vote Yes. Scoop is clearly not a Liberal. We'll be fine.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Ack, honestly, I kinda knew you we're gonna pick CR but I was still hoping you'd pick me to make my choice easier.

Yaddi yaddi yadda we passed alot of L policies and you're probably as liberal as it gets (next to me anyways) , I dunno.

THis one is hard I'm going to take a step back real quick and reanalyse before voting and making a mistake, we're neck and neck, can'T screw it up.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Vorret, I didn't pick you because there's still a 5% chance that you're evil. (And if you are: Bravo! You've played it brilliantly.)

With CR, the scan proves good.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Remus West wrote:So, Scoop, if you vote no here are you intending to go to another flip or are you intending to vote for my ticket (since you proclaimed Moliete Fascist)?
Do you feel comfortable with this ticket?
More comfortable than I would with any you are likely to suggest at this point.

Really, if YOU look at it, the next President would be Moliere - whom you have declared Fascist. After that would be me. So, either you vote yes on this ticket or on mine or risk another flip for the game. Which is it you're trying to accomplish here? Did I suddenly do something that has made your opinion of me solidify to the point you want to risk the game on me rather than Holman?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

All depends what Holman passes me.

Assuming of course, this passes

And if you are L, Scoop, you may have fucked us by voting no.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

All it takes is one nonfascist to screw this up.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Vorret is a bigger risk by far - IF Holman is liberal. If Holman is Fascist then he would have gone the popular Vorret route in my opinion. Highest odds are of his drawing FFL and a Fascist Holman would simply pass FF along to anyone he gets elected with and thereby win the game. I'm not overly worried about a Fascist President selecting Hitler as his running mate because he doesn't need Hitler in office to win at this point. He only needs a patsy to set up and pass a F policy then refuse to veto. Easy peasy.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:All we need is for the Liberals to vote Yes. Scoop is clearly not a Liberal. We'll be fine.
I finally agree with stessier on something. :?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

bb2112 and Vorret: time to vote!
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Grundbegriff wrote:bb2112 and Vorret: time to vote!
No and Yes. Done.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Well I certainly hope I'm wrong.

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Do not read too much into this comment: from the catbird seat, I'm not sure how this game is going to end.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Without confirmation of the scans and no kills, the dynamics are impossible to know with any certainty. And the fear of Hitler is strong, which can ruin the most rational plan.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
stessier

Post by stessier »

Yes, so at some point you just have to trust something. I chose to trust Holman. If I'm wrong, we lose. But if you trust him, Chaos has to be the choice...there is no way around it. And Chaos is extremely unlikely to be Hitler. Hitler doesn't call out El Gaupo. Which is why Scoop's comments are amusing rather than troubling. I guess Moliere was was the Liberal after all...which makes sense based on his willingness to chose Vorret as the out order President. There is still a very small chance that Vorret is Hitler and Remus is Liberal, but I tend to doubt it.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Holman

Post by Holman »

The game started a month ago today. Let's finish it off right now with a Liberal win.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I agree but I hope everyone realizes this is risky.

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

The election of Holman/Chaosraven succeeds on a vote of 5 to 3 with 1 abstention.

bb2112 ABSENT
Chaosraven YES
El Guapo NO
Holman YES
Molière YES
Remus West YES
Scoop20906 NO
stessier YES
Vorret NO

President Holman may draw three cards when he is ready. The government will then remain silent until Chancellor Chaosraven takes action.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

I have chosen in this instance to take action since bb2112's vote, whatever it may be, does not determine the outcome, and since moving the game forward seems more important than waiting.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Huh, Vorret was Hitler.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

stessier wrote:was
Game's not over.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

stessier wrote:Huh, Vorret was Hitler.
No I think he just agreed with me this is the wrong ticket or I have totally misread this game.

I guess we will know soon.

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

We'll see the outcome whether I was right or not to vote no.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Scoop20906 wrote:
stessier wrote:Huh, Vorret was Hitler.
No I think he just agreed with me this is the wrong ticket or I have totally misread this game.

I guess we will know soon.
:lol: It is comical how fascists continue to act all innocent right up to the very end.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Being handed two Fascist gives me no choice.

FASCIST POLICY.
"Where are you off to?"

stessier

Post by stessier »

Of course you had a choice...you could have vetoed.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

stessier wrote:Of course you had a choice...you could have vetoed.
Pretty sure he's messing with you, Grund makes the annoucements.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Yep. Liar liar lair

stessier

Post by stessier »

Vorret wrote:
stessier wrote:Of course you had a choice...you could have vetoed.
Pretty sure he's messing with you, Grund makes the annoucements.
Nope, Chancellors announce their own policies.... been that way the whole game.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Veto Power

If five Fascist Policies are enacted, then the Chancellor gains a veto over the pair of policies provided secretly by the President: rather than have to enact one of them, the Chancellor may-- only with the President's concurrence-- reject them both and do nothing. If this happens, the game proceeds as normal but the count of failed elections increases by 1.
Chaosraven, we can use veto to skip this policy. We both have to agree, and of course I agree to it right now.

I drew F-F-F. (Grund tells me that a reshuffle occurred in the midst of the draw because we got down to 2 cards.) I had no choice but to pass F-F to CR, but the veto cancels it.

Incidentally, if CR and I agree to the veto, that's new information: everyone now has 100% confirmation that we are good (and bb2112 and El G are bad); if either of us were bad, he would decline the veto.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

This is exactly what I warned against. Lying!!!!

stessier

Post by stessier »

Just marveling at the math....if Vorret has been telling the truth, the chances of F F F are remarkably low.