[WW] Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves - Good wins!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Scoop20906

Re: [WW] Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves - Good wins!

Post by Scoop20906 »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:I'm wondering is this is the most pathetic showing of evil in OOWW history.
No misses and a successful proection? Probably as close to a perfect game as is feasible.
Credit should be given to the good guys. I don't think we fooled anyone. You guys were on point.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:I'm wondering is this is the most pathetic showing of evil in OOWW history.
No misses and a successful proection? Probably as close to a perfect game as is feasible.
Credit should be given to the good guys. I don't think we fooled anyone. You guys were on point.
To be fair, picking RMC as the first person on the block on day 1 was dumb luck, then the rest of the baddies wound up coming out from that first successful lynch.
Black Lives Matter.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

bb2112 wrote:I was Will btw. Evil should have scanned me instead of killing me night 1. :twisted:
Worst possible case for evil. Too funny.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Scoop20906 wrote:Stess killed bb2112 so he could run the next hilter game.
:lol: I'll bet that's true!
stessier

Post by stessier »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Stess killed bb2112 so he could run the next hilter game.
:lol: I'll bet that's true!
It is. We didn't have time to post much, but Isgrimnur could post the forum we used.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Plus accidentally killing their convertible ally.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Isgrimnur wrote:...
Night 1
Scoop20906 (Sheriff) scans Grundbegriff (Azeem) (no result)
Night 2
Scoop20906 (Sheriff) tries to see if Chaosraven is Will Scarlett. He is not.
Scoop20906 (Sheriff) scans Revhempus, arrests Robin
Scoop20906 (Sheriff) tries to kill Grundbegriff (Azeem), Grund fights him off
Why did the Sheriff get distinct Will and Robin scans on Night 2 but not on Night 1? Or was I scanned for both Willness and Robinness on Night 1?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

From the Baddie forum wrote:If there is anyone who would most likely be caught naked in a waterfall it us Grund. I'm thinking about scanning him.
What does this mean? Are you saying I'm Phoebe Cates?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:...
Night 1
Scoop20906 (Sheriff) scans Grundbegriff (Azeem) (no result)
Night 2
Scoop20906 (Sheriff) tries to see if Chaosraven is Will Scarlett. He is not.
Scoop20906 (Sheriff) scans Revhempus, arrests Robin
Scoop20906 (Sheriff) tries to kill Grundbegriff (Azeem), Grund fights him off
Why did the Sheriff get distinct Will and Robin scans on Night 2 but not on Night 1? Or was I scanned for both Willness and Robinness on Night 1?
When Robin and Marian find each other it allows team evil to make a Riddler guess ("does x play y role?") as well as allowing good to do the same (if they identify a living baddie). So presumably Scoop's guess was "Is Chaosraven Will Scarlett?"
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Grundbegriff wrote:
From the Baddie forum wrote:If there is anyone who would most likely be caught naked in a waterfall it us Grund. I'm thinking about scanning him.
No offense Grund, but I wish that were true. 8-)
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I went berserk with posting because I had a hunch I was tracking down.

If other peoples logic hadn't said we were looking for the Sheriff it wouldn't have stuck with me.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

El Guapo wrote:When Robin and Marian find each other it allows team evil to make a Riddler guess ("does x play y role?") as well as allowing good to do the same (if they identify a living baddie). So presumably Scoop's guess was "Is Chaosraven Will Scarlett?"
Ah. I had forgotten about that. Thanks!

Scans for everyone! You get a scan! And you get a scan! And you! And you!
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

bb2112 wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Srsly, tho. Is that a reference to some Robin Hood flick I haven't seen?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Chaosraven wrote:I went berserk with posting because I had a hunch I was tracking down.

If other peoples logic hadn't said we were looking for the Sheriff it wouldn't have stuck with me.
Well, you were right on target. Chaos method vindicated!
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Grundbegriff wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Srsly, tho. Is that a reference to some Robin Hood flick I haven't seen?
K Costner butt
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Grundbegriff wrote:
El Guapo wrote:When Robin and Marian find each other it allows team evil to make a Riddler guess ("does x play y role?") as well as allowing good to do the same (if they identify a living baddie). So presumably Scoop's guess was "Is Chaosraven Will Scarlett?"
Ah. I had forgotten about that. Thanks!

Scans for everyone! You get a scan! And you get a scan! And you! And you!
Not me. :(
Black Lives Matter.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Chaosraven wrote:K Costner butt
Dances with Wolves?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

And now it can be known. The Marian rules were changed specifically to avoid serving them up with the last baddie and ending the game with a quickness. Not that it made much of a difference to the outcome. :)
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Any feedback on the game design? Too many scanners? No day actions to be taken? Incompetent baddies? :wink:
RMC

Post by RMC »

Isgrimnur wrote:Any feedback on the game design? Too many scanners? No day actions to be taken? Incompetent baddies? :wink:
Hey, I was framed from the last game! And I didn't really have a chance to do anything...So maybe a little bit bumbling but incompetent, come on! :)

I like the concept of all the scanners, but they didn't really get a chance to shine. Well other than Grund..
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

I like the arrest with pending execution mechanism. I don't think silencing the detainees is necessary. It might be more fun to let them lament their impending doom. :)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Might put them on a post limit, and make them direct it through the mod. They can get word out through a messenger, but only a small amount, and it may not be timely.

:think:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I don't like that idea given it is the Seer being imprisoned. One of the main bad guy early goals is to silence the Seer and imprisoning him where he can not be killed but allowing him to talk is counter to that goal. Why let him share is scans from the safety of a cell?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote:I don't like that idea given it is the Seer being imprisoned. One of the main bad guy early goals is to silence the Seer and imprisoning him where he can not be killed but allowing him to talk is counter to that goal. Why let him share is scans from the safety of a cell?
Yeah, I agree with this. Already it seems like it's on a fine line of being a useful wolf power. I was already wondering whether the wolves might choose to night kill Robin (if they have a good sense of who he is) rather than imprison him. If he is allowed to talk, then I would definitely night kill him rather than imprison him.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Remember the rule that public identification of the baddie triggers an immediate kangaroo court and execution. The idea was to give them the information to allow village influence, but not be able to state definitively that X is Y and we should kill him.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Isgrimnur wrote:Any feedback on the game design? Too many scanners? No day actions to be taken? Incompetent baddies? :wink:
Seemed like a fine design overall. Honestly it's kind of hard to tell for sure because essentially everything broke in favor of the village. My only significant criticism is that the rules were confusingly written in a few places, but part of the point / benefit of running through the game is to work the kinks out.

Also personally I'm not a huge fan of conversion dynamics where the village gets no notice of the conversion (as that often makes it essentially impossible for the village to have reliable information about people), though that wasn't a factor here on account of stessier's excellent kill choice. :)
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Isgrimnur wrote:Remember the rule that public identification of the baddie triggers an immediate kangaroo court and execution. The idea was to give them the information to allow village influence, but not be able to state definitively that X is Y and we should kill him.
That's different from the Sheriff's imprisonment power - that's Marian's power. Which I also think is of marginal use - I think the village would rarely make use of the riddler guess, given that the potential cost to the village is steep and the benefits are marginal.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

You are correct. My mistake.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Isgrimnur wrote:You are correct. My mistake.
Incidentally, this was moot because we got the identity of a dead wolf, BUT if the village gets the identity (not the role) of a live wolf, are they limited to guessing about that wolf's role, or can they guess about some other person? Like if we got Scoop's identity (but stessier were still alive), could we have guessed "Is Stessier Guy of Gisbourne?"
Black Lives Matter.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

El Guapo wrote:
Remus West wrote:I don't like that idea given it is the Seer being imprisoned. One of the main bad guy early goals is to silence the Seer and imprisoning him where he can not be killed but allowing him to talk is counter to that goal. Why let him share is scans from the safety of a cell?
Yeah, I agree with this. Already it seems like it's on a fine line of being a useful wolf power. I was already wondering whether the wolves might choose to night kill Robin (if they have a good sense of who he is) rather than imprison him. If he is allowed to talk, then I would definitely night kill him rather than imprison him.
Just take away his scans while he's imprisoned. Problem solved!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The royal couple gets the team on living baddies. In this event, without the rules change, Robin and Marion would have flat been told: Scoop is on Team Evil. Which, seeing as there was no Will conversion, would have been the last member.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Just take away his scans while he's imprisoned. Problem solved!
Except you haven't taken away the knowledge of what he learned prior to imprisonment. He could still relay that information. Can't do that while dead.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken