[WW] Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves - Good wins!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Grundbegriff

Re: [WW] Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves - Day 1

Post by Grundbegriff »

Scoop20906 wrote:Ugh. I forgot about the protector. And since he can protect back to back RMC is effectively safe. Ok forget I said anything. Still think he is lying.
This is incorrect. The protector cannot protect back to back, but must alternate. Non-consecutive.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I read that wrong too? Ugh
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

El Guapo wrote:Given these roles, it seems like it's only really bad for the village for RMC to reveal if RMC is Robin or Azeem, right (and most especially if he's Azeem)?
Pretty much.
If he's Marian, then Azeem protects her and Robin scans her tonight.
And if he claims Marian and another Marian steps forward to dispute the claim, Azeem does what? Flip a coin? Meanwhile, evil will know which is which.
If he's Will, then at least the village benefits from knowing who our turncoat is (Will would also be naturally reluctant to publicly identify his role, because he may hope to live on as a member of Team Evil).
I don't think Will would ever claim Will under these rules... except for flair in betrayal when making a victory-securing move.
I'm also wondering whether if Robin is identified, whether the wolves would imprison him or kill him. Imprisoning him lets him keep scanning (which could be devastating if the village offs the Sheriff within two days), but also essentially offers up the chance of an extra night kill.
The downside of imprisoning Robin is that he accumulates lore. The upside is that the lore fades away with him unless the Sheriff dies within three days. Assuming it'll be hard to find the Sheriff, I suppose evil benefits more from tossing Robin in the pokey and killing someone else.

I'd like to hear from RMC on the question of whether self-revelation would make a difference in his case.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Grundbegriff wrote:
El Guapo wrote:Given these roles, it seems like it's only really bad for the village for RMC to reveal if RMC is Robin or Azeem, right (and most especially if he's Azeem)?
Pretty much.
If he's Marian, then Azeem protects her and Robin scans her tonight.
And if he claims Marian and another Marian steps forward to dispute the claim, Azeem does what? Flip a coin? Meanwhile, evil will know which is which.
In that scenario we've exposed a wolf, and we would almost certainly lynch one of them, so Azeem would know what to do come night. And honestly, Marian's powers at first blush don't seem all that amazing to me, so I would be inclined to take an exposed wolf and a coin flip on protection in exchange for exposing Marian.

Also, I would assume that a wolfish RMC would claim Azeem or Robin, since they are much more valuable for the wolves to expose.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:pop:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:shifty:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

remus west 

ok. Let get some movement please.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Scoop20906 wrote:Ok. I feel the need to point out the Remus wasn't the first to express that RMC should announce his role. If he is lying and the Sheriff why wouldn't we want to get him today before the he potentially scans and locks up Robin Hood tonight?

That's the risk we take. Also, if he is a good guy isn't it a waste of a scan to use it on him.

Yes we have lots of scans. Let's put them to good use.

I think he is lying, btw. Remember RMC is the devil.
What happened to this? Giving up on it?
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Meh. I'm waiting to hear from RMC.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote:Meh. I'm waiting to hear from RMC.
I think we need to get more votes on RMC if we want to hear from RMC. I think he's at n-3 currently?
Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I gave up

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Get him up to N-1. Maybe I will finish him off.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Isgrimnur wrote:Moliere (1) - Remus West
Chaosraven
bb2112 (1) - RMC
RMC (3) - Scoop20906, bb2112, RevHempus71, Chaosraven, El Guapo
Vorret (0) - RevHempus71
stessier
El Guapo
Grundbegriff (1) - Moliere
RevHempus71 (1) - Vorret
Remus West (3) - stessier, Grundbegriff, Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Quorum is six votes.
I think this is current.
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Him posting at all would be a start.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote:Him posting at all would be a start.
I imagine that he's posting a lot, just not in this forum.
Black Lives Matter.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

That makes his protest seem like one of those "I'm evil and targeted; I guess I should say something in my defense" splutterances.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Grundbegriff wrote:That makes his protest seem like one of those "I'm evil and targeted; I guess I should say something in my defense" splutterances.
"That" = RMC's silence?
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

I want to hear from RMC.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

If the only way to get him talking is the vote..
Why are you not voting?

That being said,  RMC 

Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

I did. :D
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
RMC

Post by RMC »

Sorry guys, had to drive to the main hospital. I would prefer to let the scanners prove me tonight honestly rather than come out with my role.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

RMC wrote:Sorry guys, had to drive to the main hospital. I would prefer to let the scanners prove me tonight honestly rather than come out with my role.
I don't get that. Why waste a scan and then announce it tomorrow. Just announce it now and be done.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:
RMC wrote:Sorry guys, had to drive to the main hospital. I would prefer to let the scanners prove me tonight honestly rather than come out with my role.
I don't get that. Why waste a scan and then announce it tomorrow. Just announce it now and be done.
Plus, wouldn't this necessarily involve *another* special revealing themselves? Like, if RMC were Marian, he could be proven by being scanned by Robin, but would only be proven to the village if Robin stepped forward and announced it. But obviously that seems unwise.

Also, Marian seems to be the only good role that could be proven by being scanned by a good special. Robin can verify "not evil" (again exposing himself), but that's it.

Unless RMC is counting on the Sheriff throwing him/her in prison?
Black Lives Matter.
RMC

Post by RMC »

El Guapo wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Plus, wouldn't this necessarily involve *another* special revealing themselves? Like, if RMC were Marian, he could be proven by being scanned by Robin, but would only be proven to the village if Robin stepped forward and announced it. But obviously that seems unwise.

Also, Marian seems to be the only good role that could be proven by being scanned by a good special. Robin can verify "not evil" (again exposing himself), but that's it.

Unless RMC is counting on the Sheriff throwing him/her in prison?
Or trying to throw me in prison.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

If thats all you have I am going to be voting for you. I'll wait for an official vote count as I don't want to accidentally off you but vague claims and spending more of our resources on you just don't do it for me. Make your claim openly or go to the noose.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:
If thats all you have I am going to be voting for you. I'll wait for an official vote count as I don't want to accidentally off you but vague claims and spending more of our resources on you just don't do it for me. Make your claim openly or go to the noose.
I'm curious why the hurry? We have a claim - if he dies tonight, we know he was on our side. If he's alive in the morning, we discuss the noose then. This has always been our MO - so what's changed?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

stessier wrote:
Remus West wrote:
I'm curious why the hurry? We have a claim - if he dies tonight, we know he was on our side. If he's alive in the morning, we discuss the noose then. This has always been our MO - so what's changed?
It is has been that way for the last few years since I have joined OO. Maybe when we started adding multiple roles instead of just having a seer?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:
stessier wrote:
Remus West wrote:
It is has been that way for the last few years since I have joined OO. Maybe when we started adding multiple roles instead of just having a seer?
Yeah FWIW it has always been our MO for as long as I've been playing WW to demand a specific claim when specialness is asserted.

Which, of course, does not necessarily mean that we shouldn't change our MO.
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I mean, if we just assume our normal MO we can be confident he is our Seer and move on. :D
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote:I mean, if we just assume our normal MO we can be confident he is our Seer and move on. :D
Heh, fair enough. But as a corollary of that, if we assume that he is our seer and move on, by virtue of that he would turn out to be the Sheriff.
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

No, I'm pretty sure the Sheriff will be the second guy we run all the way up - but he will claim Seer which will force a counter claim. We will lynch the true Seer and the Sheriff will laugh at us all night long.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote:No, I'm pretty sure the Sheriff will be the second guy we run all the way up - but he will claim Seer which will force a counter claim. We will lynch the true Seer and the Sheriff will laugh at us all night long.
No, exposing the Sheriff would be too good of a result for this. It will be Mortianna, who will claim seer. And the Sheriff will laugh at us all night long.
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

But we'll wait a day for the lynch - Azeem will protect Mortianna instead of the Seer. The Seer will choose Azeem as his scan. Day 2 we have a worthless scan, a doomed Seer and no protector, although we got rid of Mortianna. Oh, and they manage to convert Will. That seems about right...
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote:But we'll wait a day for the lynch - Azeem will protect Mortianna instead of the Seer. The Seer will choose Azeem as his scan. Day 2 we have a worthless scan, a doomed Seer and no protector, although we got rid of Mortianna. Oh, and they manage to convert Will. That seems about right...
Sounds like a plan!
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote:
This is where we are:

Moliere (1) - Remus West
Chaosraven
bb2112 (1) - RMC
RMC (4) - Scoop20906, bb2112, RevHempus71, Chaosraven, El Guapo, RevHempus71
Vorret (0) - RevHempus71
stessier
El Guapo
RevHempus71 (1) - Vorret
Scoop20906

Though I understand if you want an "official" vote tally.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Moliere (1) - Remus West
Chaosraven
bb2112 (1) - RMC
RMC (4) - Scoop20906, bb2112, RevHempus71, Chaosraven, El Guapo, RevHempus71
Vorret (0) - RevHempus71
stessier
El Guapo
RevHempus71 (1) - Vorret
Scoop20906

Quorum is six votes.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

BAM!
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:D
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Nice