Dungeon World Character and World Creation

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Dungeon World Redux about to Start

Post by bb2112 »

Since we can play with our world a little, kobolds are highly social race and love to travel. They have wanderlust and typically like to travel alone or in pairs. Picture Kender of Dragonlance without all the 5 finger discounts.

His name is Korval. Although I just call him Kobold. Sometimes when my temper gets the better of my and I hurt him, he understands. He gets me.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Just as a FYI...I just need to fill in Remus' sheet and ask some questions of him and Madmarcus and we will be ready to start. Now that we have character names and classes take a look at the bonds on your sheets and fill in at least one blank with another character's name. Those are roleplaying ideas for interactions with other characters and if they get resolved are worth xp.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Madmarcus wrote:Wow, I spent the last few hours struggling to get a nicely formatted character sheet and tons went on. Ere, human fighter specialized in axe fighting has been uploaded. Unfortunately while I'm not officially working today I do have students coming by to build a robot in an hour or so which is going to cut into my interactions this afternoon.

Ere is a broad man with a shaved head, broad red mustache, and tanned skin. A born peasant he talked his way into a job as a merchants guard so he'd never have to farm. Through the years he has traveled far using his skill at fighting. His initial aim, money and a life better than a peasant is obviously good, but he has found that his real goal is measuring himself against others. I gave him a good charisma which isn't really mechanically useful because we thought is that would have some access to magic in words. I'm not sure how feasible it is but at least he's a slightly better than nothing party face.
Ere, your last job was as a caravan guard for a traveling group of Kobold minstrels. They were a family looking for their missing son Korval. The last report was that he was in the company of a strange dragonborn near Zigana Pass. Unfortunately as you were nearing the pass the group was attacked by a raiding party of orcs. Now if you were at your post you would have defeated them. Where were you instead?

In the past you were trained by a master. What was his name? What did he ask you to do with his dying breath after he was murdered by your fellow student, an elf named Trovis.

What is your greatest fear?
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

IB, if something triggers my cruelty with a party member, what would happen? Do I pull my weapon and attack?
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Well you don't have a weapon right now, but you do have your dragon abilities.

The answer is....maybe. In general you would attack whatever you are already fighting, but if for some reason you flubbed a roll that caused your draconic heritage to flair up and there weren't any enemies around you will have to hurt something....and if the party members are the only living things around to hurt.....
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

YIKES!!! My niave, innocent woodlands protector has stepped into the den of evil! Too late to change him to an over-zealous, lethal protector??? :) :)

(Kidding, I'm good w/ my plan).

So we have:

orphaned human ranger raised in the woods by a forest spirt with his panther brother
an evilish dwarf priest of a neutral god trying to convert the ranger
a power-crazed, sadistic dragonmage (human) w/ a masochistic kobold butler
an evil, greedy Halfling thief who takes no responsibility for his actions
and a neutral human fighter trying to prove he's the baddest a-- around

That about cover the high-level? (helpful to know for creating bonds with my charming new friends!)
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

IceBear wrote: Ere, your last job was as a caravan guard for a traveling group of Kobold minstrels. They were a family looking for their missing son Korval. The last report was that he was in the company of a strange dragonborn near Zigana Pass. Unfortunately as you were nearing the pass the group was attacked by a raiding party of orcs. Now if you were at your post you would have defeated them. Where were you instead?
The night before the attack the caravan had stopped at an inn. During the evening a deal of bragging and good natured rivalry went on between myself and the locals. I bested everyone in the inn at wrestling but Arn, the local blacksmith, was already asleep so no one was willing to admit that an outsider was better. As the kobolds prepared to move on in the morning I did some fast talking saying that some of the gear needed mending and I'd be able to catch up in the afternoon prior to making camp for the night. The trip shouldn't have been dangerous with the daylight and the fact that we weren't in the pass yet. On the other hand the gear really didn't need to be mended; I just wanted a chance to wrestle with the local champion. It was a good bout of my technique versus his raw strength. He won and we parted on good terms.

I caught up to the caravan around midday but the orcs had already attacked. They had most of the troop including the one other guard, and the head of the minstrels. Korvel's mother, grandfather, and sister were the survivors. My arrival had driven off the orcs before they could break into the wagon where the 3 were sheltering. Naturally we parted ways at that point; the kobolds heading back to towards some distant relatives while I went in search of the orc leader.

I'm not expecting to regain the good graces of the kobolds but that orc needs to realize that he shouldn't have been able to win the encounter.
In the past you were trained by a master. What was his name? What did he ask you to do with his dying breath after he was murdered by your fellow student, an elf named Trovis.
My initial training was under a man named Zolton. He lead the guards in the first real caravan I traveled with. He took in a strong and willing farmer and trained me in weapons, armor, and the ways of foreigners. But my master was a dwarf named Brodo. I met him in the port of Mallinkat during a brief stint as a personal bodyguard to the Boyar. Brodo recognized that money alone was not a reason to fight; instead mastering fighting was a reason to fight all on its own. I studied with him for 3 years mastering fighting with the axe, a weapon that I preferred even though Zolton had tried to make me a swordsman. Wanderlust and a lack of funds made me take a break. When I returned there was obvious discord among the students. I had barely settled into the routine of practicing student when Trovis killed Brodo while he slept.

Brodo's last wish was for me to take a letter to the master who trained him in fighting, Ligano. Brodo told me that he knows Ligano still lives but he could not say anything more that made sense. The letter is written in a script that I can not read.
What is your greatest fear?
Being completely dependent on others whether slavery, illness, or other permanent states of weakness.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Sorry that I've been lame. I have been thinking about the character a lot. I just haven't put anything down on paper.

I'm going to see if I can get it to work.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

Zenn7 wrote: So we have:

orphaned human ranger raised in the woods by a forest spirt with his panther brother

That about cover the high-level? (helpful to know for creating bonds with my charming new friends!)
Fun crowd! Ere would point out that he's at least leaning towards the good and lawful sides of neutral.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Madmarcus wrote:

Fun crowd! Ere would point out that he's at least leaning towards the good and lawful sides of neutral.
For reference, the human ranger is neutral (no good people in this party). That isn't a change, it's what I started as. As a protector of nature and animals, I expect to possibly but heads with the dragonmage depending on where/how he vents his anger, and the dwarf priest, depending on what his god suggests as appropriate actions.
Scoop20906

Dungeon World Redux about to Start

Post by Scoop20906 »

This is a great start.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I finished my human hunter, Tarn.

But I'm not sure how to upload my sheet.

He's neutral. His parents were healers in a rural village. But he's spent more time hunting and tracking. That is primarily what he does now. He's a bit of a mercenary. Any job that pays. :)

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Scoop20906 wrote:I'm available to play characters if someone needs to be AFK while an extended period of time and want to come back and take over.

I promise not to get you too killed.
:snooty:

:wink:

Black Lives Matter

Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

TheMix wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:I'm available to play characters if someone needs to be AFK while an extended period of time and want to come back and take over.

I promise not to get you too killed.
:snooty:

:wink:
If my rolls in the last game are anything to judge by, I won't need any help in getting killed. I will be the first to level (and to die). :p
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Madmarcus wrote:

Would just like to point out that Zordan is not human. He is Dragonborn. Picture a humanoid lizard with a tail.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

bb2112 wrote:
Madmarcus wrote:

Would just like to point out that Zordan is not human. He is Dragonborn. Picture a humanoid lizard with a tail.
Picturing something like the D&D Dragonborn (4th Ed I think I remember them from, don't have 5th Ed books). FYI - this is not improving your image as a trusty fella to travel with. :eusa-naughty:
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

TheMix wrote:I finished my human hunter, Tarn.

But I'm not sure how to upload my sheet.

He's neutral. His parents were healers in a rural village. But he's spent more time hunting and tracking. That is primarily what he does now. He's a bit of a mercenary. Any job that pays. :)
Hmmmm....in the first post there should be a link to a Google Drive folder that you should be able to upload to. I just drag and drop files into it from my PC....not sure if it's a different interface for non owners. If you have trouble just email it to me at thaleric at yahoo.com
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Zenn7 wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Madmarcus wrote:

Picturing something like the D&D Dragonborn (4th Ed I think I remember them from, don't have 5th Ed books). FYI - this is not improving your image as a trusty fella to travel with. :eusa-naughty:
That's why I have a big cloak. Also I have an 8 charisma. I figure this is one of the ways it comes out. Good thing I have a friendly Kobold to help smooth the waters. :D
Last edited by bb2112 on Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

And RW, I'm a little slow. I just figured out why the polar bears. Awesome. :lol:
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

Ere's bonds -

I worry about Dar's ability to survive in battle. In the wilds he's a great asset but he'll fold when he's locked in combat.

The Dragonborn owes me his life, whether he admits it or not. If I get word to the kobolds that I've found their wandering son they will do anything to get him back out of a mixture of relief and grief.

I'll add these to my character sheet but Foxit doesn't seem to play nicely with some of the text boxes.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

TheMix, I have Tarn up on the shared folder. I was just looking at the repeating crossbow:
Repeating Crossbow: This special type of crossbow utilizes an integral magazine to rapidly shoot
bolts. It requires no action from its user to reload until the magazine is empty, once it’s empty it
may take up to a minute to unload and mount another magazine.
I'm going to consider 3 ammo one magazine, so if you ever use up the third ammo in one fight it will probably take the rest of the battle before you can reload.

Some questions:

1) Your repeating crossbow is a rare and wonderous device. Who gave it to you and who helps you repair it when it's damaged?

2) You have just met a wandering dwarven priest near Zigana Pass. The two of you have agreed to travel together for companionship and safety in known orcish lands. Why were you in this area?

3) How has the Human Decline effected you and your family

You can answer any that you want in secret.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Remus West wrote:I have a bit of a start:
Rurgosh the Dwarven Cleric

Sharp Eyes, Mohawk (strange hair), Common Garb, Knobby Body

Str: 9
Dex: 12
Con: 16 +2
Int: 13 +1
Wis: 15 +1
Cha: 8 -1

Evil - will harm others to advance the cause of my faith

I am working on converting Dar to my faith

My Diety's name is............Orso Di Ghiaccio - God of hidden things and knowledge. Precept: Trial by Combat - petition through personal victory

His avatar is a great white bear similar to those common to my Northern home but much much larger. The smaller white bears, called Polar Bears, in the common tongue are venerated as his children and treated with respect and awe (along with no small portion of fear). When properly petitioned they act as guides to all sorts of knowledge and treasures. When improperly petitioned they tend to claw. Leaving marks similar to the three jagged scars that run along the right side of Rurgosh's head/face from the top of his eye down the back of his neck. Those that survive the application of these marks by his children are said to be favored of Orso Di Ghiaccio. Those that would slay his children are considered to be the worst sort of sinner and must be punished. This punishment typically takes the form of removing all knowledge from the sinner's head by removing the brain and crafting a drinking mug from the skull. None of faith would ever drink from these cursed vessels though lest the sin pass into them.

Rurgosh has traveled to this inhospitably hot clime in order to track down a group of Southerners who committed atrocities by slaying and skinning one of Orso's children and not at all due to a lack of trust in him by his high priest. Nope, not the trust thing at all. Simply the need to punish sinners. That nobody saw. And left no tracks.

Hows that for a start?
Ok...need you to pick your gear:

Your Load is 10+Str. You carry dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight) and some symbol of the divine, describe it (0 weight). Choose your defenses:
Chainmail (1 armor, 1 weight) or Shield (+1 armor, 2 weight)
Choose your armament:
Warhammer (close, 1 weight) or Mace (close, 1 weight) or Staff (close, two-handed, 1 weight) and bandages (0 weight)

Choose one:
Adventuring gear (1 weight) and dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight) or Healing potion (0 weight) (keep in mind you start with 5 rations)

Some questions while you're at it:

1) Describe your holy symbol (you have to do that for the gear anyway)
2) Do all dwarves come from the north or are there other dwarves in other places?
3) How do dwarves feel about the other races? Especially Humans, halflings, kobolds, and dragonborn.
4) Are there other gods? Do all the dwarves where you are from worship your god? If there are dwarves in other places do they worship the same gods?
5) Are your gods the gods of all the races or just dwarves?
6) If there are other dwarven gods, who is the god that most opposes your god and how?

That'll probably be enough to start the campaign with.

Oh, still need bonds from you
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Madmarcus wrote:Ere's bonds -

I worry about Dar's ability to survive in battle. In the wilds he's a great asset but he'll fold when he's locked in combat.

The Dragonborn owes me his life, whether he admits it or not. If I get word to the kobolds that I've found their wandering son they will do anything to get him back out of a mixture of relief and grief.

I'll add these to my character sheet but Foxit doesn't seem to play nicely with some of the text boxes.
Thanks...added to your sheet...you're ready to go ;)
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

IceBear wrote: Thanks...added to your sheet...you're ready to go ;)
Thank you. I added the damage die, hp, and similar things. I also named my weapon style although if asked Ere says that the name is just his shorthand for Brodo's idea that a fight is like a conversation; a exchange with and take, reactions, and ultimately a desire to get your viewpoint across.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Ok...need you to pick your gear:

Your Load is 10+Str.
You carry dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight) and Necklace hung with the Claw of a child of Orso Di Ghiaccio (0 weight).
Choose your defenses:
Chainmail (1 armor, 1 weight)
Choose your armament:
Warhammer (close, 1 weight) and bandages (0 weight)

Choose one:
Healing potion (0 weight)

Some questions while you're at it:

1) Describe your holy symbol (you have to do that for the gear anyway) - The Claw of a Child of Orso Di Ghiaccio
2) Do all dwarves come from the north or are there other dwarves in other places - Children of Stone may be found anywhere you would find a stone.
3) How do dwarves feel about the other races? Especially Humans, halflings, kobolds, and dragonborn. - Slightly disdainful but more of pity than disgust. After all, they lack true awareness of stone.

Humans - Worth trading with. Our
Halflings - Meddlesome. Tend to poke their nose in where they should not be. Less dangerous than they are rude and annoying
Kobolds - Pretty much Halflings with scales
Dragonborn - Are these guys very common? Would it be plausible that we do not encounter them enough to have a "racial" attitude towards them?

4) Are there other gods? - Absolutely. As many gods as there are areas of need for a god.

Do all the dwarves where you are from worship your god? - In one way or another but not all worship him as their primary deity. Much as all Norsemen knew and paid homage to Odin but some preferred Thor.

If there are dwarves in other places do they worship the same gods? Again, in one way or the other. Orso Di Ghiacco takes a different name in the south - Orso Di Nero
5) Are your gods the gods of all the races or just dwarves? Primarily Dwarves but there are no restriction regarding who may pay them homage. In many areas my Gods are worshiped by other races simply under different names.
6) If there are other dwarven gods, who is the god that most opposes your god and how? Balena Assassina. He is the God of Warfare and Deceit. Both of which destroy knowledge. Their opposition is mostly political but reducing the number of worshipers of the opposing Deity is rarely frowned upon.

I wrote 1 bond about trying to convert Dar to my Faith. I'm happy to add Tarn to that and have two bonds.

Also, my Holy Symbol is from the bear that marked me so is particularly valuable to me personally even if no more valuable to the church or world at large.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Madmarcus wrote:
IceBear wrote: Thanks...added to your sheet...you're ready to go ;)
Thank you. I added the damage die, hp, and similar things. I also named my weapon style although if asked Ere says that the name is just his shorthand for Brodo's idea that a fight is like a conversation; a exchange with and take, reactions, and ultimately a desire to get your viewpoint across.
Doh, thanks for that...I completely missed that stuff was not filled in.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Remus West wrote:Ok...need you to pick your gear:
Choose your armament:
Warhammer (close, 1 weight) and bandages (0 weight)
Technically the bandages only come with the staff, but it's not a big deal and more bandages the better.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Remus West wrote:Some questions while you're at it:

1) Describe your holy symbol (you have to do that for the gear anyway) - The Claw of a Child of Orso Di Ghiaccio
2) Do all dwarves come from the north or are there other dwarves in other places - Children of Stone may be found anywhere you would find a stone.
3) How do dwarves feel about the other races? Especially Humans, halflings, kobolds, and dragonborn. - Slightly disdainful but more of pity than disgust. After all, they lack true awareness of stone.

Humans - Worth trading with. Our
Halflings - Meddlesome. Tend to poke their nose in where they should not be. Less dangerous than they are rude and annoying
Kobolds - Pretty much Halflings with scales
Dragonborn - Are these guys very common? Would it be plausible that we do not encounter them enough to have a "racial" attitude towards them?

4) Are there other gods? - Absolutely. As many gods as there are areas of need for a god.

Do all the dwarves where you are from worship your god? - In one way or another but not all worship him as their primary deity. Much as all Norsemen knew and paid homage to Odin but some preferred Thor.

If there are dwarves in other places do they worship the same gods? Again, in one way or the other. Orso Di Ghiacco takes a different name in the south - Orso Di Nero
5) Are your gods the gods of all the races or just dwarves? Primarily Dwarves but there are no restriction regarding who may pay them homage. In many areas my Gods are worshiped by other races simply under different names.
6) If there are other dwarven gods, who is the god that most opposes your god and how? Balena Assassina. He is the God of Warfare and Deceit. Both of which destroy knowledge. Their opposition is mostly political but reducing the number of worshipers of the opposing Deity is rarely frowned upon.

I wrote 1 bond about trying to convert Dar to my Faith. I'm happy to add Tarn to that and have two bonds.

Also, my Holy Symbol is from the bear that marked me so is particularly valuable to me personally even if no more valuable to the church or world at large.
Sorry I missed that about the bonds. I wasn't so much wondering if humans and such were allowed to worship your god, but whether or not they worshiped gods at all. There was one series that I was watching on Youtube and it was determined that only the dwarves had gods as all of the gods belonging to the other races had died. Anyway, if it becomes important during play I will ask more questions.

As for the dragonborn, they aren't very common according to bb2112 so it's possible you have never met one but you have heard of them

Your sheet is now on the shared drive
Last edited by IceBear on Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Basically need bonds for the dragonborn, hunter, and thief and we'll be ready to go

I have the party currently split into three groups (though about to meet) - dragonborn, ranger and thief in one group, the cleric and hunter in the second and the fighter alone. That sound about right from the questions and answers or did I miss something?
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Most of our bonds suggest we are already together, but could be we just came up with those a little prematurely and they'll just be ready for when we do meet. Poor thief, nobody bonding with him... :p
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Yeah....when we end a "chapter" you can add new bonds based on play. You should all be meeting very soon so the binds for those you haven't met will be valid then. ThWY are just a means to gain xp at the end of the first session
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

1) Your repeating crossbow is a rare and wonderous device. Who gave it to you and who helps you repair it when it's damaged?
This old thing? I don't recall. I picked it up in some city bazaar. It caught my fancy. I haven't run into any damage, yet, that I couldn't repair myself. Hopefully it will never come to that.

2) You have just met a wandering dwarven priest near Zigana Pass. The two of you have agreed to travel together for companionship and safety in known orcish lands. Why were you in this area?
Sight-seeing. I do a lot of guiding. So I was checking the area out to see if it was worth expanding my offerings.

3) How has the Human Decline effected you and your family
Other than more non-humans hiring me than before, there hasn't really been of a noticeable affect.

Bonds
Finds Rurgosh confusing and puzzling. He bears watching (no pun intended).

[Future] Hopes to find common ground for respect and maybe trade some knowledge with Dar. But is a little concerned by the religious aspects.
[Future] Wonders if Omar has recruitment potential.

Black Lives Matter

IceBear

Re: Dungeon World Character and World Creation

Post by IceBear »

I will put them all on your sheet for now if that's ok.

I changed the title of the thread as I am planning on starting a new thread for the actual gameplay
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Works for me. Thanks.

Black Lives Matter

IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Just waiting for bb2112 and Moliere to provide bonds. If you can't think of one there should be 3 or 4 samples in your playbook that I will post below.

Also, waiting for Moliere to answer these questions that I asked a few days ago. The answers might be important to the opening scene.

I will ask some questions about Zigana Pass. You have heard a legend about this pass. What is it? There is a tribe of orcs living in the mountains. What are they called and what do they hate halflings more than any other race?

Here are the sample thief bonds:
Bonds Fill in the name of one of your companions in at least one:
I stole something from _______________.
_______________ has my back when things go wrong. _______________ knows incriminating details about me. _______________ and I have a con running.
And the dragon mage:
Fill in the name of one of your companions in at least one:
_____________ seeks power like mine, but is not yet ready. _____________ and I are bound by blood, shared or otherwise.
_____________ has much to learn about the world. _____________ cannot comprehend my chaotic whims.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

IceBear wrote: And the dragon mage:
Fill in the name of one of your companions in at least one:
_____________ seeks power like mine, but is not yet ready. _____________ and I are bound by blood, shared or otherwise.
_____________ has much to learn about the world. _____________ cannot comprehend my chaotic whims.
Omar the Halfling Thief seeks power like mine, but is not yet ready. It is hard from me to make friends, but I understand the draw of power. It seems the Halfling has that draw and it makes me able to like and eventually appreciate him in ways I could not find among my own people.

Ere the Human axe Fighter and I are bound by blood, shared or otherwise. Ere does not know it, but he has Dragonborn blood in his ancestry. This makes me respect him and I would rather not see him die. Finding one with ties to my people outside of our lands is extremely rare and something to be valued. Even if my people did not value me, I still value them, and by extension, Ere.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Page Holder
IceBear wrote:Dungeon Gear
Adventuring Gear 5 uses, 20 coins, 1 weight
Adventuring gear is a collection of useful mundane items such as chalk, poles, spikes, ropes, etc. When you rummage through your adventuring gear for some useful mundane item, you find what you need and mark off a use.

Bandages 3 uses, slow, 5 coins, 0 weight
When you have a few minutes to bandage someone else’s wounds, heal them of 4 damage and expend a use.

Poultices and Herbs 2 uses, slow, 10 coins, 1 weight
When you carefully treat someone’s wounds with poultices and herbs, heal them of 7 damage and expend a use.

Healing Potion 50 coins, 0 weight
When you drink an entire healing potion, heal yourself of 10 damage or remove one debility, your choice.

Bag of Books 5 uses, 10 coins, 2 weight
When your bag of books contains just the right book for the subject you’re spouting lore on, consult the book, mark off a use, and take +1 to your roll.

Antitoxin 10 coins, 0 weight
When you drink antitoxin, you’re cured of one poison affecting you.

Dungeon Rations Ration, 5 uses, 3 coins, 1 weight
Not tasty, but not bad either.

Personal Feast Ration, 1 use, 10 coins, 1 weight
Ostentatious to say the least.

Halfling Pipeleaf 6 uses, 5 coins, 0 weight
When you share halfling pipeleaf with someone, expend two uses and take +1 forward to parley with them.