Amazon has whacked our affiliate account. Hosting Donations/Commitments $2063 of $1920 (Sept 13/18). In Hand $1466 (Lump sum payments minus paypal graft). Paypal Donation Link Here

Dungeon World Campaign #2

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Post Reply
User avatar
Remus West
Posts: 32664
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 5:39 pm
Location: Not in Westland

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by Remus West » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:44 pm

IceBear wrote:I will let Dar finish that spear thrust he started hours ago
Yep. Just stated my next intention. I figure there are a bunch of things that could change between now and actually making my move.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken

User avatar
bb2112
End of Days
Posts: 5410
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:10 pm
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by bb2112 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:04 pm

IceBear wrote:
Maybe they somehow know the disc is no longer in the temple?

Zordan is rushing at the 5 in front of the entrance. They throw more discs at him as he closes.
I assume you meant Eye, unless I'm missing something. Zordan will dodge as he charges.

I assume Defy Danger - Dex. If this is not right, then ignore the roll in the spoiler tag.
Spoiler:
Defy Danger: 2D6+1 = [2, 2]+1 = 5 Just call me a pincushion with experience. :ninja:
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.

Madmarcus
Posts: 2446
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:18 am

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by Madmarcus » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:44 pm

For a moment Ere thinks about throwing at one of the creatures near Dar but when Rurgosh comes out his roll with a solid smash he grins and moves towards the opening to engage another opponent. As he circles looking for an opening he moves in an attempt to get between the creatures such that he, and perhaps Zordan, can keep a sort of lane open to the maze that the other three can run through when they get clear of their current opponent.

User avatar
IceBear
Posts: 12252
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:58 pm

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by IceBear » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:05 pm

bb2112 wrote:
IceBear wrote:
Maybe they somehow know the disc is no longer in the temple?

Zordan is rushing at the 5 in front of the entrance. They throw more discs at him as he closes.
I assume you meant Eye, unless I'm missing something. Zordan will dodge as he charges.

I assume Defy Danger - Dex. If this is not right, then ignore the roll in the spoiler tag.
Spoiler:
Defy Danger: 2D6+1 = [2, 2]+1 = 5 Just call me a pincushion with experience. :ninja:
Yes, sorry, meant the Eye. Really apologize for the mistakes. On my phone and rushing to get back to work.

The discs swerve unerringly towards the dragonborn and deal 5 damage (if you wish to use a blaze to make it 4 let me know). But now you are next to the closest one and may attack if you wish.

BTW - in general I assume people will try to dodge, but depending on how you describe your actions it might be something else. That's why I just say Defy Danger. For example, if someone was in a tavern and I said that some crossbowmen were shooting at you, and you say "I grab the table and lift it between me and the crossbows, that would be a Defy Danger - STR. If it makes sense in the fiction, you could even say that you shrug off the blows (maybe if it was someone punching you, but sorry, not an axe to the face) and do Defy Danger - CON. Heck, if you were playing your character as a Sherlock Holmes type (from the movie) you could even say "I analyze the trajectory of the discs and step half a foot to the side so they miss me - Defy Danger - INT. It's all in how you describe your action and what's consistent with the fiction.

User avatar
IceBear
Posts: 12252
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:58 pm

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by IceBear » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:17 pm

Madmarcus wrote:For a moment Ere thinks about throwing at one of the creatures near Dar but when Rurgosh comes out his roll with a solid smash he grins and moves towards the opening to engage another opponent. As he circles looking for an opening he moves in an attempt to get between the creatures such that he, and perhaps Zordan, can keep a sort of lane open to the maze that the other three can run through when they get clear of their current opponent.
Ok...not sure how we want to do this. Are you studying their movements and then moving in between them to hold the center (Defy Danger - INT), or just jumping into place quickly when the opportunity presents itself (Defy Danger - DEX)? Or were you thinking something else. No idea what your stats are right now...think you're mostly STR and CHA

User avatar
bb2112
End of Days
Posts: 5410
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:10 pm
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by bb2112 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:30 pm

Yes, I will use 1 blaze for armor +1 and the other for Piercing Claws.

Hack and Slash:
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.

User avatar
bb2112
End of Days
Posts: 5410
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:10 pm
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by bb2112 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:33 pm

BTW, I have taken (2+4) 6 damage so far. That leaves me at 12hp.
Last edited by bb2112 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.

Madmarcus
Posts: 2446
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:18 am

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by Madmarcus » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:37 pm

IceBear wrote:
Madmarcus wrote:For a moment Ere thinks about throwing at one of the creatures near Dar but when Rurgosh comes out his roll with a solid smash he grins and moves towards the opening to engage another opponent. As he circles looking for an opening he moves in an attempt to get between the creatures such that he, and perhaps Zordan, can keep a sort of lane open to the maze that the other three can run through when they get clear of their current opponent.
Ok...not sure how we want to do this. Are you studying their movements and then moving in between them to hold the center (Defy Danger - INT), or just jumping into place quickly when the opportunity presents itself (Defy Danger - DEX)? Or were you thinking something else. No idea what your stats are right now...think you're mostly STR and CHA
Str and Cha are +2
Con is +1
Dex and Int are 0
Wis is -1

I figured it was just looking for opening to take advantage of (dex)

Defying danger and trying to get into a good position: 2D6 = [2, 6] = 8

User avatar
bb2112
End of Days
Posts: 5410
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:10 pm
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by bb2112 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:40 pm

Madmarcus wrote:
IceBear wrote:
Madmarcus wrote:For a moment Ere thinks about throwing at one of the creatures near Dar but when Rurgosh comes out his roll with a solid smash he grins and moves towards the opening to engage another opponent. As he circles looking for an opening he moves in an attempt to get between the creatures such that he, and perhaps Zordan, can keep a sort of lane open to the maze that the other three can run through when they get clear of their current opponent.
Ok...not sure how we want to do this. Are you studying their movements and then moving in between them to hold the center (Defy Danger - INT), or just jumping into place quickly when the opportunity presents itself (Defy Danger - DEX)? Or were you thinking something else. No idea what your stats are right now...think you're mostly STR and CHA
Str and Cha are +2
Con is +1
Dex and Int are 0
Wis is -1

I figured it was just looking for opening to take advantage of (dex)

Defying danger and trying to get into a good position: 2D6 = [2, 6] = 8
Now if you tried to do it with style or intimidation, you might have been able to use CH. Or to just brute strength your way in, then maybe STR. I am just guessing. :ninja:

BTW, if that would work, that would turn your 8 into a 10.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.

User avatar
IceBear
Posts: 12252
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:58 pm

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by IceBear » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:31 pm

bb2112 wrote:BTW, I have taken (2+4) 6 damage so far. That leaves me at 12hp.
For some reason I had you at 16 of 18hp before the fight started...putting you at 10.

Whenever you roll 10+ on hack and slash you have a choice - deal your damage and avoid the counter attack or do and extra 1d6 damage but suffer a counter attack.

I can't remember where the +2 from damage comes from...think it's related to your cruelty but with it you do enough to kill the creature without needing the other d6

User avatar
IceBear
Posts: 12252
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:58 pm

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by IceBear » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:33 pm

Madmarcus wrote:
IceBear wrote:
Madmarcus wrote:For a moment Ere thinks about throwing at one of the creatures near Dar but when Rurgosh comes out his roll with a solid smash he grins and moves towards the opening to engage another opponent. As he circles looking for an opening he moves in an attempt to get between the creatures such that he, and perhaps Zordan, can keep a sort of lane open to the maze that the other three can run through when they get clear of their current opponent.
Ok...not sure how we want to do this. Are you studying their movements and then moving in between them to hold the center (Defy Danger - INT), or just jumping into place quickly when the opportunity presents itself (Defy Danger - DEX)? Or were you thinking something else. No idea what your stats are right now...think you're mostly STR and CHA
Str and Cha are +2
Con is +1
Dex and Int are 0
Wis is -1

I figured it was just looking for opening to take advantage of (dex)

Defying danger and trying to get into a good position: 2D6 = [2, 6] = 8
As you start to dodge through the spears to take control of the central lane to the exit you notice movement in the shadows of the maze exit. Do you still want to move into the middle?

User avatar
bb2112
End of Days
Posts: 5410
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:10 pm
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by bb2112 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:18 pm

IceBear wrote:
bb2112 wrote:BTW, I have taken (2+4) 6 damage so far. That leaves me at 12hp.
For some reason I had you at 16 of 18hp before the fight started...putting you at 10.

Whenever you roll 10+ on hack and slash you have a choice - deal your damage and avoid the counter attack or do and extra 1d6 damage but suffer a counter attack.

I can't remember where the +2 from damage comes from...think it's related to your cruelty but with it you do enough to kill the creature without needing the other d6
Maybe from when I damaged myself to keep people from falling to their deaths? I think this is still the same day???
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.

Zenn7
Posts: 2438
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Michigan
zenntt777’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by Zenn7 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:29 pm

Dar finally escapes that time delayed tunnel and strikes at the one still facing him (with Shadow coming at the creature's back).

Hack & Slash (Spear):: 2D6 = [5, 4] = 9

At this stage, I'm going to take an option that damages me or puts me in danger and still lets me inflict damage (we need to kill these things quickly before more come along!) - just some feedback for whatever you are about to throw at me.

Spear damage (+ Shadow):: 1D8+2 = [5]+2 = 7

User avatar
Remus West
Posts: 32664
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 5:39 pm
Location: Not in Westland

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by Remus West » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:42 am

Remus West wrote:
IceBear wrote:With that damage....Rurgosh will kill the target (though not before taking damage himself)
Grinning with malice as the bug falls Rurgosh moves towards the one remaining in close to our bowman and spinning his hammer looks to kneecap to death it too.
Spear thrust complete. Rurgosh moves in to finish the bug off.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken

User avatar
bb2112
End of Days
Posts: 5410
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:10 pm
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by bb2112 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:50 am

Zenn7 wrote:Dar finally escapes that time delayed tunnel and strikes at the one still facing him (with Shadow coming at the creature's back).

Hack & Slash (Spear):: 2D6 = [5, 4] = 9

At this stage, I'm going to take an option that damages me or puts me in danger and still lets me inflict damage (we need to kill these things quickly before more come along!) - just some feedback for whatever you are about to throw at me.

Spear damage (+ Shadow):: 1D8+2 = [5]+2 = 7
With Shadow's aid do you get +1 to your attack? I don't know, but if that is the case, it could make a big difference in what happens next.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.

Zenn7
Posts: 2438
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Michigan
zenntt777’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by Zenn7 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:00 am

bb2112 wrote:
Zenn7 wrote:Dar finally escapes that time delayed tunnel and strikes at the one still facing him (with Shadow coming at the creature's back).

Hack & Slash (Spear):: 2D6 = [5, 4] = 9

At this stage, I'm going to take an option that damages me or puts me in danger and still lets me inflict damage (we need to kill these things quickly before more come along!) - just some feedback for whatever you are about to throw at me.

Spear damage (+ Shadow):: 1D8+2 = [5]+2 = 7
With Shadow's aid do you get +1 to your attack? I don't know, but if that is the case, it could make a big difference in what happens next.
The bonus for animal companions is only to damage, not to attack. The amount is variable based on what you choose on setting up your pet (I picked something that gave me +2).

User avatar
bb2112
End of Days
Posts: 5410
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:10 pm
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by bb2112 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:40 am

Zenn7 wrote: The bonus for animal companions is only to damage, not to attack. The amount is variable based on what you choose on setting up your pet (I picked something that gave me +2).
Got it! Thanks!
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.

User avatar
IceBear
Posts: 12252
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:58 pm

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by IceBear » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:06 am

Zenn7 wrote:Dar finally escapes that time delayed tunnel and strikes at the one still facing him (with Shadow coming at the creature's back).

Hack & Slash (Spear):: 2D6 = [5, 4] = 9

At this stage, I'm going to take an option that damages me or puts me in danger and still lets me inflict damage (we need to kill these things quickly before more come along!) - just some feedback for whatever you are about to throw at me.

Spear damage (+ Shadow):: 1D8+2 = [5]+2 = 7

A 7-9 on Hack and Slash means you deal your damage and you suffer an attack in return...no choices on your part I'm afraid so....

You and Shadow work together and after a few moments you have landed a couple of spear blows and Shadow has bitten one of its arms deeply. The creature suddenly spins and with a massive kick launches Dar 30ft up into the air and into a tree. Feeling the heat you glance around quickly you see that the tree just 10ft away is on fire.

BTW....will be away from keyboard most of the day

Zenn7
Posts: 2438
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Michigan
zenntt777’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by Zenn7 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:52 pm

OOC: In our next campaign, remind me to play a race that flies. :p

IC: Dar scrambles down the tree and heads back toward the fight (pausing to collect weapons/gear if needed). Once Dar is clear of the fire, he will fire bow and arrow at the one who kicked him if it's still standing. Otherwise, he will fire at the ones by the cave entrance. Shadowstalker will assist with whichever target Dar chooses (if it's the ones by the cave, I know he will not get there for a round or two).

(I may be jumping ahead a little, just outlining what I am shooting to do narratively as you prepare to tell me what rolls I need to make to avoid becoming Char-Dar).

User avatar
IceBear
Posts: 12252
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:58 pm

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by IceBear » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:15 am

Climbing down the tree in such a rush to avoid the fire is a Defy Danger (most likely Dex but depends on how you describe it)

Zenn7
Posts: 2438
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Michigan
zenntt777’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by Zenn7 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:52 pm

IceBear wrote:Climbing down the tree in such a rush to avoid the fire is a Defy Danger (most likely Dex but depends on how you describe it)
Being raised in a forest, Dar is very familiar with climbing up and down trees swiftly and nimbly...

Climb down tree (dex): : 2D6+2 = [4, 1]+2 = 7

... of course, those trees weren't on fire. Which apparently makes a bit of differences.

User avatar
IceBear
Posts: 12252
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:58 pm

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by IceBear » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:28 am

Zenn7 wrote:
IceBear wrote:Climbing down the tree in such a rush to avoid the fire is a Defy Danger (most likely Dex but depends on how you describe it)
Being raised in a forest, Dar is very familiar with climbing up and down trees swiftly and nimbly...

Climb down tree (dex): : 2D6+2 = [4, 1]+2 = 7

... of course, those trees weren't on fire. Which apparently makes a bit of differences.
Dar climbs swiftly down the tree, but just before he reaches the bottom one of the tree's branches wraps around his ankle. Stepping out of the exit is a huge insectoid wearing a feathered head dress who seems to be channeling some magical energy that is animating the tree Dar was climbing


As a FYI, I am on my own for the next two weeks in one area of work so I might be very sporadic in posting this week

Zenn7
Posts: 2438
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Michigan
zenntt777’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by Zenn7 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:43 am

IceBear wrote:
Zenn7 wrote:
IceBear wrote:Climbing down the tree in such a rush to avoid the fire is a Defy Danger (most likely Dex but depends on how you describe it)
Being raised in a forest, Dar is very familiar with climbing up and down trees swiftly and nimbly...

Climb down tree (dex): : 2D6+2 = [4, 1]+2 = 7

... of course, those trees weren't on fire. Which apparently makes a bit of differences.
Dar climbs swiftly down the tree, but just before he reaches the bottom one of the tree's branches wraps around his ankle. Stepping out of the exit is a huge insectoid wearing a feathered head dress who seems to be channeling some magical energy that is animating the tree Dar was climbing


As a FYI, I am on my own for the next two weeks in one area of work so I might be very sporadic in posting this week
OOC: what fun for you!

IC: Looking at what's wrapped around his ankle, unless it looks small enough he can just jerk his leg free, Dar will get out his dagger and hack his way free.

User avatar
IceBear
Posts: 12252
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:58 pm

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by IceBear » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:19 am

You whip out your dagger and cut away the branch, dropping the last few feet to the ground. You notice that a green magical engery suffused with dark streaks flash out of the cut and vanishes. The large insectoid bellows in rage and speaks (in a language you can understand!!) "How dare you resist the will of Nutaria!! Your body shall feed the jungle!"

User avatar
Remus West
Posts: 32664
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 5:39 pm
Location: Not in Westland

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by Remus West » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:34 am

IceBear wrote:You whip out your dagger and cut away the branch, dropping the last few feet to the ground. You notice that a green magical engery suffused with dark streaks flash out of the cut and vanishes. The large insectoid bellows in rage and speaks (in a language you can understand!!) "How dare you resist the will of Nutaria!! Your body shall feed the jungle!"
:shock: Can Rurgosh hear this?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken

User avatar
IceBear
Posts: 12252
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:58 pm

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by IceBear » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:57 pm

Yes, this one is speaking the common language from your world/time so everyone can hear its yell

User avatar
Remus West
Posts: 32664
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 5:39 pm
Location: Not in Westland

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by Remus West » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:35 pm

IceBear wrote:Yes, this one is speaking the common language from your world/time so everyone can hear its yell
Rurgosh lifts his holy symbol over his head and shouts "Hold! We are on the same side. We serve the Gods. I am a cleric of Orso Di Ghiaccio. We too oppose the Titans."
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken

User avatar
IceBear
Posts: 12252
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:58 pm

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by IceBear » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:01 pm

Hmmm....misunderstanding.

Dar sensed none of his goddess' essence coming from the creature or its magic....what he feels is coldness and Shadow...like when that shadow creature attacked

Zenn7
Posts: 2438
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Michigan
zenntt777’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by Zenn7 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:19 pm

IceBear wrote:Hmmm....misunderstanding.

Dar sensed none of his goddess' essence coming from the creature or its magic....what he feels is coldness and Shadow...like when that shadow creature attacked
Dar, not sensing any of Nutaria's essence in the magic or the creature... screams back "YOU ARE NOT A CHAMPION OF NUTARIA! YOU WILL DIE FOUL CREATURE!"

Shadowstalker concurs (I hope as he is a devote champion of Nutaria).

We will be focusing our efforts on destroying this abomination. Think I need to wait for everyone else to take an action (mine was to climb down/free myself from the tree and if any left, ove away from the immediate threat of the fire so I can start shooting this thing while Shadowstalker charges straight at it).

User avatar
bb2112
End of Days
Posts: 5410
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:10 pm
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by bb2112 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:27 am

I guess my action will be to help open the hole to the passageway that Ere started. I will attack.

Blaze Up

Blaze Up: 2D6+2 = [4, 6]+2 = 12

3 Blaze - 1 blaze into Piercing Claws

Hack and Slash:
Spoiler:
Hack and Slash: 2D6+2 = [4, 4]+2 = 10

Hit with no strike back

Damage
Hack and Slash Damage: 1D8 = [1] = 1 Pierce 3. Yeah, was expecting that after 2 good rolls
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.

User avatar
IceBear
Posts: 12252
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:58 pm

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by IceBear » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:28 am

Zordan moves into the mix he starts slashing about with his long, sharp claws. The large "druid" insectoids senses the menace and with a wave of his arms, the grass and vines in the area become streaked with shadow and lash out at Zordan. They hold him tight for a moment, preventing him from causing any serious damage to the other 5 insectoids (you did 1 point to one of them), but in the end, his claws and dragon might was too much and he rips himself free.

User avatar
Remus West
Posts: 32664
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 5:39 pm
Location: Not in Westland

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by Remus West » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:52 am

Seeing no pause in the insectoids attacks Rurgosh brings his hammer down in a fierce blow against the insectoid warrior's knee.

Hack and Slash Insectoid Warrior: 2D6 = [6, 2] = 8

Damage to Warrior: 1D6 + 1D4 = [3]+[1] = 4

Succeeding in giving him a slight contusion.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken

User avatar
IceBear
Posts: 12252
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:58 pm

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by IceBear » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:13 am

Remus West wrote:Seeing no pause in the insectoids attacks Rurgosh brings his hammer down in a fierce blow against the insectoid warrior's knee.

Hack and Slash Insectoid Warrior: 2D6 = [6, 2] = 8

Damage to Warrior: 1D6 + 1D4 = [3]+[1] = 4

Succeeding in giving him a slight contusion.
(This is the one still over by Dar, right?)

Rurgosh's warhammer slams into the creature's leg, cracking the exoskeleton slightly (1 damage). As Dar's spear and Omar's dagger come at it from behind, it leaps high into the air, avoiding the attacks, and landing solidly on the dwarf, knocking him down. Standing over the dwarf, it raises it's spear to plunge into him, while it whips throwing discs at Dar and Omar.

User avatar
Moliere
Posts: 11855
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:57 am
Location: Walking through a desert land

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by Moliere » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:47 am

IceBear wrote:Standing over the dwarf, it raises it's spear to plunge into him, while it whips throwing discs at Dar and Omar.
Not sure how far Omar is after the bug's leap so...

Omar slices his dagger through air where the bug was standing only moments ago. He watches as the dwarf is jumped upon, a spear about to be plunged down. Omar moves to dodge the incoming disc while making a leap towards the bug in order to knock him off balance.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow

User avatar
Remus West
Posts: 32664
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 5:39 pm
Location: Not in Westland

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by Remus West » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:00 am

Rurgosh brings his hammer around into another whack at the thing's knee while attempting to spin out of the way of the spear thrust.

(Is it possible to "attack" the spear to try and break it?)
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken

User avatar
IceBear
Posts: 12252
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:58 pm

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by IceBear » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:59 pm

Moliere wrote:
IceBear wrote:Standing over the dwarf, it raises it's spear to plunge into him, while it whips throwing discs at Dar and Omar.
Not sure how far Omar is after the bug's leap so...

Omar slices his dagger through air where the bug was standing only moments ago. He watches as the dwarf is jumped upon, a spear about to be plunged down. Omar moves to dodge the incoming disc while making a leap towards the bug in order to knock him off balance.
Roll a Defy Danger-Dex to see if you can avoid the throwing discs and then roll 2d6 + 0 (you don't have any bonds with Rurgosh) to try to assist him with the bugman

User avatar
IceBear
Posts: 12252
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:58 pm

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by IceBear » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:08 pm

Remus West wrote:Rurgosh brings his hammer around into another whack at the thing's knee while attempting to spin out of the way of the spear thrust.

(Is it possible to "attack" the spear to try and break it?)
You can roll Hack and Slash (but wait to see if Omar helps you). You can try to break the spear but then it just has two short spears (which is useful but maybe not exactly what you want).

Something I want to point out rules wise. These things do 1D8 damage. They will do 1D8 damage with a spear, a dagger, a throwing disc, etc. As long as it makes sense that it could hurt you then it will do 1D8 damage. So if you disarm it it might still be able to hurt you (if it can jump 30ft in the air or kick the ranger up in a tree then I consider it reasonable that it could kick someone for 1d8 damage). Just explaining that if you have a choice of breaking its spear or its face, go with the face. Now if you were fighting a man and you were wearing a full suit of plate mail and you took away his sword then fictionally it wouldn't make sense that he could punch you for damage, normally

User avatar
Moliere
Posts: 11855
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:57 am
Location: Walking through a desert land

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by Moliere » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:57 pm

IceBear wrote:
Moliere wrote:
IceBear wrote:Standing over the dwarf, it raises it's spear to plunge into him, while it whips throwing discs at Dar and Omar.
Not sure how far Omar is after the bug's leap so...

Omar slices his dagger through air where the bug was standing only moments ago. He watches as the dwarf is jumped upon, a spear about to be plunged down. Omar moves to dodge the incoming disc while making a leap towards the bug in order to knock him off balance.
Roll a Defy Danger-Dex to see if you can avoid the throwing discs and then roll 2d6 + 0 (you don't have any bonds with Rurgosh) to try to assist him with the bugman
avoid discs: 2D6+2 = [4, 1]+2 = 7
Assist the dwarf: 2D6 = [1, 2] = 3
Somehow I don't think that's going to help anyone. Sorry, I tried. :oops:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow

Zenn7
Posts: 2438
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Michigan
zenntt777’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by Zenn7 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:12 pm

IceBear wrote:
Remus West wrote:Seeing no pause in the insectoids attacks Rurgosh brings his hammer down in a fierce blow against the insectoid warrior's knee.

Hack and Slash Insectoid Warrior: 2D6 = [6, 2] = 8

Damage to Warrior: 1D6 + 1D4 = [3]+[1] = 4

Succeeding in giving him a slight contusion.
(This is the one still over by Dar, right?)

Rurgosh's warhammer slams into the creature's leg, cracking the exoskeleton slightly (1 damage). As Dar's spear and Omar's dagger come at it from behind, it leaps high into the air, avoiding the attacks, and landing solidly on the dwarf, knocking him down. Standing over the dwarf, it raises it's spear to plunge into him, while it whips throwing discs at Dar and Omar.
At the point he's throwing discs at Dar - isn't Dar in a tree, near a fire, trying to climb down and not get burnt to a crisp (or maybe up to the point of hacking the limb that's holding him)?

This thing really wants me dead! :)

Under the circumstances, I doubt Dar is paying any attention at all to discs being thrown at him, but if there is a chance to do something about the discs, Dar will attempt to dodge them.

User avatar
Remus West
Posts: 32664
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 5:39 pm
Location: Not in Westland

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by Remus West » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:40 am

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken

Post Reply