Re: PARTY FOUR

Post by Chaosraven »

bb2112 wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:I propose

Isgrimnur
Moliere
bb2112
Remus West 

You made the same mistake as Holman. Picking 4 out of 6 and hoping to get a pass, or as you explained in later emails, hoping to get 2 fails to clear you and Scoop. All the while knowing Issy or Moliere is out there to tank the quest.
???

Are you trying to convince me you're the one Evil in the last FAIL?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: The Resistance: Avalon

Post by bb2112 »

Chaosraven wrote:Team three had at least one evil
Isgrimnur
Moliere
bb2112
Remus West

=============
Chaosraven ACCEPT - not party2 (where at least 2 Evil lurk)
Isgrimnur ACCEPT - not party2 (where at least 2 Evil lurk) (party3rd min 1 evil)
Moliere ACCEPT - not party2 (where at least 2 Evil lurk) (party3rd min 1 evil)
bb2112 ACCEPT - not party2 (where at least 2 Evil lurk) (party3rd min 1 evil)
Remus West REJECT - not party2 (where 2 Evil lurk) GOOD

Scoop20906 REJECT - not party2 (where at least 2 Evil lurk)

Fuck.

If there are actually the other 2 evil in Isgrimnur/Moliere/bb2112...

But Scoop did reject that team.

stessier REJECT - PARTY2
RMC REJECT - PARTY2
Holman ACCEPT - PARTY2
El Guapo REJECT - PARTY2

Along with 2 Evils if it's stessier/RMC, or stessier/El Guapo, or RMC/El Guapo.

AAAARGH
You should have seen the mess that I had going trying to figure this out. I pared it all down to something much simpler and stream lined before I posted. Nobody was going to read my original mess. :lol:
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Chaosraven wrote:
bb2112 wrote:

Isgrimnur
Moliere
bb2112
Remus West 

You made the same mistake as Holman. Picking 4 out of 6 and hoping to get a pass, or as you explained in later emails, hoping to get 2 fails to clear you and Scoop. All the while knowing Issy or Moliere is out there to tank the quest.
???

Uh, no. That is a total illogical leap from what I was trying to say. I'm just saying your party make up suffered from the same problem as Holman's.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

What happened to Stess and RW? I was really hoping to hear something from them.
Holman

Post by Holman »

bb2112 wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:
bb2112 wrote:

Isgrimnur
Moliere
bb2112
Remus West 

???

Uh, no. That is a total illogical leap from what I was trying to say. I'm just saying your party make up suffered from the same problem as Holman's.
I still don't know why this is a "problem." You're taking something very simple (avoiding a tainted crew) and making it very complicated. The only other option was to intentionally INCLUDE people tainted by a failed quest when untainted players were available.

Yes, evil players were also still out there and unaccounted for, but there was just no way to know who was who.

Sorry to keep defending this choice of mine, but it's all I've done in the game, and it's being used completely inappropriately as a basis for suspicion. I feel like I'm in upside-down world dealing with bb2112 and RW in this game.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Which makes bb likely good as Remus.

Which leaves us Moliere and Isgrimnur to pick from.

We still need another SUCCESS beyond this one, right?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

stessier, RMC, Scoop20906
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Chaosraven wrote:Which makes bb likely good as Remus.

Which leaves us Moliere and Isgrimnur to pick from.

We still need another SUCCESS beyond this one, right?
Yes. In order to win we need to: (1) pass this quest; (2) pass quest #5; and (3) avoid having team evil assassinate Merlin.
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Holman wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:
bb2112 wrote:

Isgrimnur
Moliere
bb2112
Remus West 

???

I still don't know why this is a "problem." You're taking something very simple (avoiding a tainted crew) and making it very complicated. The only other option was to intentionally INCLUDE people tainted by a failed quest when untainted players were available.

Yes, evil players were also still out there and unaccounted for, but there was just no way to know who was who.

Sorry to keep defending this choice of mine, but it's all I've done in the game, and it's being used completely inappropriately as a basis for suspicion. I feel like I'm in upside-down world dealing with bb2112 and RW in this game.
The idea of "tainted" is kind of ridiculous when you apply it to yourself. You KNOW you're not Bad - so should have included yourself.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

Grundbegriff wrote:stessier, RMC, Scoop20906
I thought that was your idea of who was Bad. :oops:

Although I guess, in a manner of speaking...
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Holman

Post by Holman »

stessier wrote:
Holman wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:
bb2112 wrote:

Isgrimnur
Moliere
bb2112
Remus West 

???

The idea of "tainted" is kind of ridiculous when you apply it to yourself. You KNOW you're not Bad - so should have included yourself.
Maybe I'm still wrapping my head around this game, but I thought the idea was to get Good teams not only assembled but voted in. With my name attached, that wouldn't have happened.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

stessier wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:stessier, RMC, Scoop20906
I thought that was your idea of who was Bad. :oops:

Although I guess, in a manner of speaking...
:lol:
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

RMC has until 11:25am EST
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Chaosraven wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:The downside is we know ONE evil voted FAIL there.

Which means one of the NON-Remus is Evil.

Using that party means a Guaranteed single FAIL.

What are the chances a second EVIL voted SUCCESS of the other two?
CR, I have flipped back and forth on you many times. Either you or Scoop are evil. People are going to have to decide which of you are telling the truth. El G's fate hangs with yours. IF both you and El G are good, then it means there are 2 bad guys out of Stess/Holman/RMC. I can see RMC being bad. As I drew my charts and photos with big red arrows on them it just seemed more likely to me that you and El G are not good. I have to pick a path and make a guess.
I have no idea if El Guapo is Good or Evil.
He WAS in the 2 Evil of 4 Party, which makes him 50/50
But why not spike my reputation?
It doesn't take much to make people suspicious of me in these games.
Important:
There is one other reason why to think both CR and El G have to be the same alignment. If El G was bad, why would he pick a good guy and give the scan power away so early? Especially picking a good guy and then declaring him good. That only provides cover to him and turns over the scan to team good. Terrible move for an evil El G. However, an evil El G turning over the scan to another evil and declaring him good, very smart. Therefore if El G is bad, CR would be bad. Of course, the same logic applies if El G is good. If he is good, he is not going to lie about CR's alignment. Therefore both would be good.

What tips the scales for El G being evil is why didn't El G scan someone in the original party as Stess was practically begging? Best case scenario he would have scanned one good guy and then could have confirmed the other two bad. Worst case is he could have confirmed one of the two bad guys in the mix and then we could have had better discussions on pinpointing the other bad guy. By not picking one of the original party, he ensured the max confusion. Not usually what good guys try to do, and not usually what a good El Guapo would do.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Grundbegriff wrote:RMC has until 11:25am EST
Sorry. I am here..
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Grundbegriff wrote:"The quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little and it will fail, to the ruin of all."

Arthur has commissioned you to seek, find, and retrieve the Golden Fleece. Leader Isgrimnur proposes the following party for Quest #4: Isgrimnur, Moliere, bb2112, Remus West, Chaosraven. Please send me your vote, whether you ACCEPT or REJECT.
The round Table has rejected the proposed party on a tie vote:

bb2112 REJECT
Chaosraven ACCEPT
El Guapo ACCEPT
Holman ACCEPT
Isgrimnur ACCEPT
Moliere REJECT
Remus West REJECT
RMC REJECT
Scoop20906 ACCEPT
stessier REJECT

REJECT: 5
ACCEPT: 5

The vote counter is at 1/5.

The next Leader is Moliere. Please propose a Questing Party of Five members.

Quest #4 will fail only if at least two party members choose to fail.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

So, is there a group that would be accepted by a majority vote?
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Why did you reject it?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Well that was close.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Isgrimnur wrote:Why did you reject it?
I don't trust Moliere. <shrug> Just a feeling.
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
stessier

Post by stessier »

bb2112 wrote:RW is pushing to oust CR, even after CR's scan says he is good. RW would not try to throw CR off the team if both were on team evil, especially since RW would be very happy to have CR with him on the quest if that were the case. If CR were good and RW evil, CR would not have declared RW good. Based on this, I feel pretty good about RW.

My initial thoughts were El G and CR are bad. I have flipped back and forth on this repeatedly, but I really didn't like how CR was picked for the scan. It felt more like El G was directing it instead of the village forcing the scan choice. A villager would have taken more of a vote, an evil would have tried to direct. This is just gut feeling.
This is the weakest part of everything I've read. I could totally see Bad RW trying to throw Bad CR off of a team.

I still don't see any way a Bad guy gives a Good Guy the scan ability - so once the chain goes bad, it should stay bad.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Isgrimnur wrote:Why did you reject it?
Because it's hard to know what to think of the 3 scanners. The RW/Chaos feud seems weird and I can't decide whom to trust.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Scoop20906 ACCEPT
Chaosraven ACCEPT
El Guapo ACCEPT
Holman ACCEPT
Isgrimnur ACCEPT

So going under my belief of team bad, they all wanted to accept the proposal. And Scoop. As usual, he keeps me guessing to what he is doing. :D

Moliere REJECT
Remus West REJECT
RMC REJECT
stessier REJECT
bb2112 REJECT
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

stessier wrote:
bb2112 wrote:RW is pushing to oust CR, even after CR's scan says he is good. RW would not try to throw CR off the team if both were on team evil, especially since RW would be very happy to have CR with him on the quest if that were the case. If CR were good and RW evil, CR would not have declared RW good. Based on this, I feel pretty good about RW.

My initial thoughts were El G and CR are bad. I have flipped back and forth on this repeatedly, but I really didn't like how CR was picked for the scan. It felt more like El G was directing it instead of the village forcing the scan choice. A villager would have taken more of a vote, an evil would have tried to direct. This is just gut feeling.
This is the weakest part of everything I've read. I could totally see Bad RW trying to throw Bad CR off of a team.

I still don't see any way a Bad guy gives a Good Guy the scan ability - so once the chain goes bad, it should stay bad.
Not necessarily. Team bad only needs to tank one quest. This would be the perfect time to build cred. If I am right in my team bad assessment, then CR and Issy could have tanked the last quest if it would have been voted in. If RW was bad, why not vote yes on the quest and win? Why draw it out and potentially lose?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:
What tips the scales for El G being evil is why didn't El G scan someone in the original party as Stess was practically begging? Best case scenario he would have scanned one good guy and then could have confirmed the other two bad. Worst case is he could have confirmed one of the two bad guys in the mix and then we could have had better discussions on pinpointing the other bad guy. By not picking one of the original party, he ensured the max confusion. Not usually what good guys try to do, and not usually what a good El Guapo would do.
I think I've explained this a couple times, but playing the odds I very likely scan an evildoer (probably Holman) if I scan within the Quest #2 party. I then know for certain that Holman is evil, which is good (although I already knew that was probably the case beforehand). I then also know that one of stessier and RMC is evil, so each one has a 50-50ish chance of being evil. I wouldn't want to include either on a quest anytime soon, I still don't know who to trust between them, and on top of that Team Evil now has the scan, presumably for the rest of the game (or, alternatively, it would be pretty easy for an evil Holman to sow confusion by scaning whichever of stessier / RMC is good and proclaim them evil).

Given all that it seemed more useful to get information on somebody that we knew nothing about and who could easily sneak onto a party if evil (but who would probably be good, so that we could safely include on parties and so that we could probably retain the scan).

Also it's not true to say that stessier was "practically begging" me to scan Holman. That was his position, but at the end of the discussion he agreed that Chaosraven was a reasonable alternative (which gave me some comfort that I wasn't screwing up).

Though I am now kind of regretting that I didn't scan Scoop, since we have almost zero direct info on him.
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

So no suggestions for "safe" quest members?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Quest three with one member you think is trustworthy.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Isgrimnur wrote:Quest three with one member you think is trustworthy.
Isgrimnur, Moliere , bb2112, and Remus West + ??

stessier
RMC
Holman
Chaosraven
Scoop20906
El Guapo

Do we have to eliminate RW and Chaos because of their feud? If so, I will need two replacements.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Two replacements opens it up to a greater possibility of failure, and therefore loss.

We have a traitor in mission 3's set of four. We have two in mission 2's set of four. We have one unaccounted for that could be in that group or CR/Scoop, or the failed missions.

If you don't mistrust the entire scanner chain, I'd go with ElG. If you mistrust the entire scanner chain, you eliminate ElG, CR, and RW completely.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Isgrimnur wrote:Two replacements opens it up to a greater possibility of failure, and therefore loss.

We have a traitor in mission 3's set of four. We have two in mission 2's set of four. We have one unaccounted for that could be in that group or CR/Scoop, or the failed missions.

If you don't mistrust the entire scanner chain, I'd go with ElG. If you mistrust the entire scanner chain, you eliminate ElG, CR, and RW completely.
I say we go with El G. I want to believe that he is good, and that his scan was good.

But I will reject anything with Moliere in it.
stessier

Post by stessier »

RMC wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:Two replacements opens it up to a greater possibility of failure, and therefore loss.

I say we go with El G. I want to believe that he is good, and that his scan was good.

Why? They need two Bad Guys to spike this quest. If you believe the scan chain, then the Quest is highly unlikely to fail.
RMC

Post by RMC »

stessier wrote:
RMC wrote:

Why? They need two Bad Guys to spike this quest. If you believe the scan chain, then the Quest is highly unlikely to fail.
Ahh.. I forgot the two bad guy thing. Okay, in that case one bad guy can't spike the quest?
stessier

Post by stessier »

I mean, I didn't read anywhere that someone can vote Fail twice, so I'm going with "Yes, a single Bad Guy can't lose this quest for us."

:)
RMC

Post by RMC »

stessier wrote:I mean, I didn't read anywhere that someone can vote Fail twice, so I'm going with "Yes, a single Bad Guy can't lose this quest for us."

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

RMC wrote:
stessier wrote:
RMC wrote:

Ahh.. I forgot the two bad guy thing. Okay, in that case one bad guy can't spike the quest?
So, are you still going to auto-Reject any group that includes me or can I add ElG as the 5th member?
RMC

Post by RMC »

Moliere wrote:
RMC wrote:
stessier wrote:
RMC wrote:

So, are you still going to auto-Reject any group that includes me or can I add ElG as the 5th member?
I am guessing your the only bad guy, so I will approve that group with El G.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

OK, any other opinions before I make the group official?
stessier

Post by stessier »

I have a hard time believing our Scanners have only found Good Guys. I don't know what to do. I need to think a bit.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

If any of our scanners were good, they should have revealed an evil finding. That leaves two reasonable possibilities. El Guapo is evil and has kept the scans on his team or El Guapo is good and the chain has managed to remain lucky enough to ID good players.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Moliere wrote:OK, any other opinions before I make the group official?
I don't believe the first 2 of the scan group.

Therefore I would put the last group with Stess. However, we still need to find a perfect 5 for the final quest.

I would suggest:

bb2112
Moliere
Remus West
Stessier
RMC

Either that will work or I just remuscided the group. :lol: