The Resistance: Avalon (Game Over)

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Isgrimnur

Re: The Resistance: Avalon

Post by Isgrimnur »

Official.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Isgrimnur wrote: Official Proposed Party 

Isgrimnur
Moliere
bb2112
Remus West
Chaosraven
Vote to reject this party everyone.
Chaosraven is very likely evil and any 1 other evil in the group costs us the game.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

"The quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little and it will fail, to the ruin of all."

Arthur has commissioned you to seek, find, and retrieve the Golden Fleece. Leader Isgrimnur proposes the following party for Quest #4: Isgrimnur, Moliere, bb2112, Remus West, Chaosraven. Please send me your vote, whether you ACCEPT or REJECT.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote: Official Proposed Party 

Isgrimnur
Moliere
bb2112
Remus West
Chaosraven
Vote to reject this party everyone.
Chaosraven is very likely evil and any 1 other evil in the group costs us the game.
I agree with Remus. Vote to reject this.

I have not had a chance to put down my thoughts yet and was hoping Isgrimnur would wait for a couple of hours until I did. Either he doesn't value what I was going to say, or is trying to rush this vote for some evil reason. Or both.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:roll:

Team posted for review at 9:40 PM
bb2112 posted in the thread at 6:41 am
Team submitted at 9:53 am

But I'm supposed to wait even longer for him to review it.

Vote it down if you want. I'm past caring.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Isgrimnur wrote::roll:

At 11:30am he specifically said wait a bit as he was writing up his thoughts. There was no rush to move this forward.

BB2112 - post your thoughts. They are as valid now as they would have been without the official roster. I'm inclined to vote Yes on this one.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Isgrimnur wrote::roll:

This could potentially be the last quest of the game, therefore it is kind of important. I really do like the fact you threw it out there for discussion before putting it up for a vote. I think that was very smart. However, I asked for a couple of hours at 10:30 OO time since I was just reviewing some past posts this morning. You decided to go ahead with your official team post 17 minutes later at 10:47. Yeah, whether you were past caring or not, a little longer than 17 minutes would have been nice.

But it is not the end of the world. We can vote this down and try again.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
stessier

Post by stessier »

I need more than "Vote this down because I haven't had my say."
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

stessier wrote:I need more than "Vote this down because I haven't had my say."
I get it and can respect it. I'm getting back to it now after many many interruptions. Do what you need to in the mean time. It is not like we are going to get all the votes until CR gets off of work/jury duty tonight anyway. The urgency factor has been reduced now that a vote has been called for. And besides, even after I write it, I still expect a percentage of people wont agree with it anyway. Technically I really only know one role, mine. Everything else is just my speculation that ultimately will not be proved valid one way or another until after the game.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I don't have to do anything, since, as you mention, Chaos is a ways off. :)

You're part of the group so your thoughts could potentially change my Yes to a No. Or perhaps clarify my Yes. Or maybe I'll just ignore you. I'm rather fickle. :P
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Dammit, my post is getting way too long. It is starting to look like a crazy Russel Crowe creation from A Beautiful Mind.
Last edited by bb2112 on Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Analysis to follow:

Team Evil:
Holman
Chaosraven
El Guapo
Moliere/Isgrimnur (I think Issy, but not 100% sure)
stessier

Post by stessier »

Heh. That was not the long post I was looking for.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

stessier wrote:Heh. That was not the long post I was looking for.
bb2112 wrote:Analysis to follow:
:D
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

bb2112 wrote:
Forever teasing us. I am curious how I got implicated.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

RW is good. I explained this in a previous post.
stessier wrote:Wow.
So, 2 bad guys in a group of 4 players. 2 Bad guys remaining in a 6 player group. Let's choose 4 and see what happens. No chance there will be at least 1 Bad Guy in the group, right?
Geez, people, math!
I wish Stess would have said this much earlier. He stated it after the 2nd failed quest.

Holman – Evil or not aware of the odds? I’m thinking evil. He seems a lot more thoughtful to me.

Holman goes off reservation after the 1st failure. Why? He says it was to avoid the whole mess of the tainted 5 {Stess/RMC/Holman/El G/ and by scan CR}. That takes 5 people out of the mix, and he nominates 4 of the remaining 5. He nominates: Scoop/bb2112/Isgrimnur/Moliere
Leaving RW out. At least 2 of the bad guys were in the first mix he avoided, which means (most likely) 2 bad guys were in the mix he nominated. This was over Easter weekend and my house was hosting. I didn’t really think this through at the time and was upset when it was voted down. But thinking about it now, this was not going to bring back a favorable result. Unless CR and RW were the other 2 bad guys, this quest was doomed to fail. So did Holman know this, or was he just randomly throwing out names? Being a quest organizer, I would hope he would spend more time thinking this through (at least more than I did at the time).

PARTY THREE VOTE: - Knowing it is most likely doomed, who accepted?:
Holman ACCEPT
Chaosraven ACCEPT
Isgrimnur ACCEPT
Moliere ACCEPT
bb2112 ACCEPT

Isgrimnur & Moliere – 1 is good, 1 is evil
Second failed quest by 1 – proposed by CR. We have 1 evil in: Isgrimnur/Moliere/BB2112/Remust West

Remus West is good. BB2112 is good. That leaves (at least) one evil between Moliere and Isgrimnur. Both also voted Yes for the doomed quest from Holman.

Chaosraven & Scoop – 1 is good, 1 is evil
There was only 1 failed vote on the 3rd quest, not 2. CR and Scoop are the 2 that were not included in this quest. So unless one of the 4 above was evil and voted Yes, that means one of these two has to be evil.
Scoop20906 wrote:Oh crap. To not be a dick I still have no idea what the strategy is so I thought I'd throw a reject down to see what happened.
Is Scoop being genuine? I think most people are saying yes. But if we believe Scoop is good, that means CR is bad.

El Guapo
If CR is bad, then El Guapo is bad. Both are either bad or good based on El G’s scan.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Moliere wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Forever teasing us. I am curious how I got implicated.
Actually, if I had to guess, I would guess you good and Isgrimnur bad of the two. I just couldn't really distinguish you from him in anything you did. Maybe you or someone else can? :D
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

There is only one thing (Ha only one) that really bothers me in the above analysis, maybe Stess or someone else can help walk me through it.

El G asked for a scan candidate. Only Stess responded and asked for Holman. Assuming Holman, CR and El G are part of team evil, why didn't El G just choose Holman to placate Stess and still choose an evil player? The only thing I can think of is Holman was part of the initial fail and we have more information on him than we did CR. Meaning if we somehow triangulated Holman as evil, then El G would also get implicated. Thoughts?
stessier

Post by stessier »

bb2112 wrote:RW is good. I explained this in a previous post.
I'm lazy - which post?
El Guapo
If CR is bad, then El Guapo is bad. Both are either bad or good based on El G’s scan.
If El Guapo is Bad, then I think all the scanners are Bad. I don't think a Bad Guy gives the power back to the Good Guys once they get it.
stessier

Post by stessier »

bb2112 wrote:There is only one thing (Ha only one) that really bothers me in the above analysis, maybe Stess or someone else can help walk me through it.

El G asked for a scan candidate. Only Stess responded and asked for Holman. Assuming Holman, CR and El G are part of team evil, why didn't El G just choose Holman to placate Stess and still choose an evil player? The only thing I can think of is Holman was part of the initial fail and we have more information on him than we did CR. Meaning if we somehow triangulated Holman as evil, then El G would also get implicated. Thoughts?
If El G picked Holman and named him Good and was lying (ie, both El G and Holman were actually Bad), then he would turn two people against him - me and RMC as he would essentially be saying we are both Bad. By naming Chaos, he turns no one against him and everything is merely a gray area. Naming him Bad is equally problematic because of what that means for future scans - they would all be discounted. This way, far more mayhem could ensue.

Assuming, of course, El G is Bad. I have to think about that a bit more.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

stessier wrote:
bb2112 wrote:There is only one thing (Ha only one) that really bothers me in the above analysis, maybe Stess or someone else can help walk me through it.

If El G picked Holman and named him Good and was lying (ie, both El G and Holman were actually Bad), then he would turn two people against him - me and RMC as he would essentially be saying we are both Bad. By naming Chaos, he turns no one against him and everything is merely a gray area. Naming him Bad is equally problematic because of what that means for future scans - they would all be discounted. This way, far more mayhem could ensue.

Assuming, of course, El G is Bad. I have to think about that a bit more.
YES! This makes total sense! Thank you!
Holman

Post by Holman »

bb2112 wrote: Holman – Evil or not aware of the odds? I’m thinking evil. He seems a lot more thoughtful to me.

Holman goes off reservation after the 1st failure. Why? He says it was to avoid the whole mess of the tainted 5 {Stess/RMC/Holman/El G/ and by scan CR}. That takes 5 people out of the mix, and he nominates 4 of the remaining 5. He nominates: Scoop/bb2112/Isgrimnur/Moliere
Leaving RW out. At least 2 of the bad guys were in the first mix he avoided, which means (most likely) 2 bad guys were in the mix he nominated. This was over Easter weekend and my house was hosting. I didn’t really think this through at the time and was upset when it was voted down. But thinking about it now, this was not going to bring back a favorable result. Unless CR and RW were the other 2 bad guys, this quest was doomed to fail. So did Holman know this, or was he just randomly throwing out names? Being a quest organizer, I would hope he would spend more time thinking this through (at least more than I did at the time).
This makes no sense. All I did was avoid people (included my self, whom I knew to be good but still tainted by association) who had been a part of Quest 1 & 2. As I explained at the time, I just skipped CR (tainted by association through ElG's scan) and picked the next four names in the game list, all of whom were free of association with the failed quest 2.

Was there some other way for a low-information player to pick a fresh, clean team? At the time you even said it was a good idea. I thought it was safest.

All the suspicion heaped on me by RW and now bb2112 really makes them look dangerous.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

bb2112 wrote:Isgrimnur & Moliere – 1 is good, 1 is evil
Second failed quest by 1 – proposed by CR. We have 1 evil in: Isgrimnur/Moliere/BB2112/Remust West

Remus West is good. BB2112 is good. That leaves (at least) one evil between Moliere and Isgrimnur. Both also voted Yes for the doomed quest from Holman.
Taken with a grain of salt since it is based on you self-declaring as Good. :wink:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:RW is good. I explained this in a previous post.
stessier wrote:Wow.
So, 2 bad guys in a group of 4 players. 2 Bad guys remaining in a 6 player group. Let's choose 4 and see what happens. No chance there will be at least 1 Bad Guy in the group, right?
Geez, people, math!
I wish Stess would have said this much earlier. He stated it after the 2nd failed quest.

Holman – Evil or not aware of the odds? I’m thinking evil. He seems a lot more thoughtful to me.

PARTY THREE VOTE: - Knowing it is most likely doomed, who accepted?:
Holman ACCEPT
Chaosraven ACCEPT
Isgrimnur ACCEPT
Moliere ACCEPT
bb2112 ACCEPT

Isgrimnur & Moliere – 1 is good, 1 is evil

Chaosraven & Scoop – 1 is good, 1 is evil
There was only 1 failed vote on the 3rd quest, not 2. CR and Scoop are the 2 that were not included in this quest. So unless one of the 4 above was evil and voted Yes, that means one of these two has to be evil.
Scoop20906 wrote:Oh crap. To not be a dick I still have no idea what the strategy is so I thought I'd throw a reject down to see what happened.
Is Scoop being genuine? I think most people are saying yes. But if we believe Scoop is good, that means CR is bad.

El Guapo
I agree with you that Holman is probably evil. Because I was on Quest #2 I started at that point with a 67% chance that he was evil, and since then his explanations and actions haven't really made a lot of sense taken together, which has only increased the probability in my eyes that he's evil. Which is partly why I voted his proposed party down.

As for Isgrimnur & Moliere obviously I don't have the benefit of knowing the loyalty of Mr. bb2112, so (now having the results of Chaosraven's Remus scan) my grouping is that there's one evil (and probably exactly one evil I would guess) in [Isgrimnur, Moliere, bb2112]. You do seem engaged and helpful generally. My guess is that the evil in the group is Moliere, mostly because I have the benefit of knowing that Chaosraven is good.

You make a good point about Scoop. I haven't given him a ton of thought (in large part because he's been pretty MIA this game), but I'll have to consider that some more.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Moliere wrote:

Taken with a grain of salt since it is based on you self-declaring as Good. :wink:
I get what you are saying, but I do know I am good. That is the one thing I know for certain. But even if you want to lump me in with you and Issy as 1 possible bad guy, it doesn't change the rest of the analysis.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Holman wrote:
bb2112 wrote: Holman – Evil or not aware of the odds? I’m thinking evil. He seems a lot more thoughtful to me.

This makes no sense. All I did was avoid people (included my self, whom I knew to be good but still tainted by association) who had been a part of Quest 1 & 2. As I explained at the time, I just skipped CR (tainted by association through ElG's scan) and picked the next four names in the game list, all of whom were free of association with the failed quest 2.

Was there some other way for a low-information player to pick a fresh, clean team? At the time you even said it was a good idea. I thought it was safest.

All the suspicion heaped on me by RW and now bb2112 really makes them look dangerous.
To quote Stess, it is all about math. There were 2 evil in a set of 6. That means you would have had to pick the team of 4 perfectly to get a pass. What are the odds? This was the worst choice. And yeah, I wasn't thinking it through at the time and was begging for somebody to think it through for me when the team was voted down. Sadly nobody did then, but Stess did point it out later.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:
Moliere wrote:

I get what you are saying, but I do know I am good. That is the one thing I know for certain. But even if you want to lump me in with you and Issy as 1 possible bad guy, it doesn't change the rest of the analysis.
It does, however, significantly impact the odds that Isgrimnur is evil, which is pretty germane to the question of how to vote on Isgrimnur's proposed party. :)
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:
Holman wrote:

To quote Stess, it is all about math. There were 2 evil in a set of 6. That means you would have had to pick the team of 4 perfectly to get a pass. What are the odds? This was the worst choice. And yeah, I wasn't thinking it through at the time and was begging for somebody to think it through for me when the team was voted down. Sadly nobody did then, but Stess did point it out later.
If only there was some wise, ruggedly handsome man out there who was wise enough to stay away from any Holman-proposed party at the time of the voting, thus ensuring that a Holman-organized party never sallied forth.
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

bb2112 wrote:
Holman wrote:

Whom would you have picked, and why? On what basis? What was known?

The only information events that had occurred were two quests (the second failing with 2 evils) plus one scan by a tainted Lady. I avoided everyone involved with those (including myself)--what else was I to do?

I don't know if you're good or evil, but I know you're drawing conclusions out of thin air. First you declare suspicion of me because I skipped CR, then you immediately turn around and cast suspicion on El G and CR. I can't make sense of your pattern except as blowing smoke.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I know for a fact both RW and I are GOOD. (my role and my scan)

I cannot say about El Guapo, even if he did scan me as GOOD.

I would lean towards GOOD as he could have simply tainted my name with an EVIL proclamation.

As I know RW is GOOD, that leaves a smaller portion of people to be the 1 EVIL vote.

I think all this chatter is intended to drive us away from this Party which makes me more inclined to believe its a QUEST that will not fail to 2 votes.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Isgrimnur, Moliere, bb2112, Remus West, Chaosraven.

Isgrimnur, Moliere , bb2112, and Remus West. 1 FAIL vote
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

The downside is we know ONE evil voted FAIL there.

Which means one of the NON-Remus is Evil.

Using that party means a Guaranteed single FAIL.

What are the chances a second EVIL voted SUCCESS of the other two?
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

HOLD THE PHONE

PARTY ONE
stessier, El Guapo, Holman
All ACCEPT
(S)(S)(S) - SUCCESS

Perhaps a Single EVIL chose to not give himself away.

PARTY TWO
RMC, stessier, El Guapo, Holman
All ACCEPT
(S)(S)(F)(F) - FAILURE
(means at least One of PARTY ONE is EVIL)
(means at least Two of PARTY TWO are EVIL)

=============================================================

PARTY THREE
(Holman chooses): Isgrimnur, Moliere, Scoop20906, bb2112
Split
stessier REJECT - PARTY2
RMC REJECT - PARTY2
Holman ACCEPT - PARTY2
El Guapo REJECT - PARTY2

Chaosraven ACCEPT - not party2 (where at least 2 Evil lurk)
Isgrimnur ACCEPT - not party2 (where at least 2 Evil lurk)
Moliere ACCEPT - not party2 (where at least 2 Evil lurk)
Scoop20906 REJECT - not party2 (where at least 2 Evil lurk)
bb2112 ACCEPT - not party2 (where at least 2 Evil lurk)
Remus West REJECT - not party2 (where 2 Evil lurk)
"Where are you off to?"

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Chaosraven wrote:The downside is we know ONE evil voted FAIL there.

CR, I have flipped back and forth on you many times. Either you or Scoop are evil. People are going to have to decide which of you are telling the truth. El G's fate hangs with yours. IF both you and El G are good, then it means there are 2 bad guys out of Stess/Holman/RMC. I can see RMC being bad. As I drew my charts and photos with big red arrows on them it just seemed more likely to me that you and El G are not good. I have to pick a path and make a guess.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Team three had at least one evil
Isgrimnur
Moliere
bb2112
Remus West

=============
Chaosraven ACCEPT - not party2 (where at least 2 Evil lurk)
Isgrimnur ACCEPT - not party2 (where at least 2 Evil lurk) (party3rd min 1 evil)
Moliere ACCEPT - not party2 (where at least 2 Evil lurk) (party3rd min 1 evil)
bb2112 ACCEPT - not party2 (where at least 2 Evil lurk) (party3rd min 1 evil)
Remus West REJECT - not party2 (where 2 Evil lurk) GOOD

Fuck.

If there are actually the other 2 evil in Isgrimnur/Moliere/bb2112...

But Scoop did reject that team.

stessier REJECT - PARTY2
RMC REJECT - PARTY2
Holman ACCEPT - PARTY2
El Guapo REJECT - PARTY2

Along with 2 Evils if it's stessier/RMC, or stessier/El Guapo, or RMC/El Guapo.

AAAARGH
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

bb2112 wrote:

CR, I have flipped back and forth on you many times. Either you or Scoop are evil. People are going to have to decide which of you are telling the truth. El G's fate hangs with yours. IF both you and El G are good, then it means there are 2 bad guys out of Stess/Holman/RMC. I can see RMC being bad. As I drew my charts and photos with big red arrows on them it just seemed more likely to me that you and El G are not good. I have to pick a path and make a guess.
I have no idea if El Guapo is Good or Evil.
He WAS in the 2 Evil of 4 Party, which makes him 50/50
But why not spike my reputation?
It doesn't take much to make people suspicious of me in these games.
"Where are you off to?"

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:

Fair enough. I think it's on Scoop / Chaosraven that you go awry. I'll set aside my knowing from my scan that Chaosraven is good (because obviously you don't know if I am telling the truth on that or not). Scoop's only real contribution to the discussion in this game that I can recall is his post that he didn't want to be part of a party because he was worried that he might screw it up, which is totally nonsensical because you literally cannot screw up a quest you are on if you are good.

To be fair, because of his silence there's not a lot of basis for assessing his loyalty (which may be by design), but there's no real basis that I see for concluding that Scoop is good.
Black Lives Matter.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

But based on your analysis I would have to put Scoop down as Evil, then.
"Where are you off to?"

bb2112
End of Days

Re: PARTY FOUR

Post by bb2112 »

Chaosraven wrote:I propose

Isgrimnur
Moliere
bb2112
Remus West 

You made the same mistake as Holman. Picking 4 out of 6 and hoping to get a pass, or as you explained in later emails, hoping to get 2 fails to clear you and Scoop. All the while knowing Issy or Moliere is out there to tank the quest.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

stessier REJECT - PARTY2
RMC REJECT - PARTY2
Holman ACCEPT - PARTY2
El Guapo REJECT - PARTY2

Along with 2 Evils if it's stessier/RMC, or stessier/El Guapo, or RMC/El Guapo.

Throw in Scoop based on that Voting.

Known that there's one in the new party means all 4 accounted for, right?
And it takes TWO evil to screw us?

Means 3 are in the stessier,RMC,Holman,ElGuapo,Scoop group with the 2 Good.
Leaving us with one who cannot end us.

And based on the voting of the above 5 players we may yet see who doesn't like that.
"Where are you off to?"