The Resistance: Avalon (Game Over)

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: The Resistance: Avalon

Post by bb2112 »

Isgrimnur wrote:If any of our scanners were good, they should have revealed an evil finding. That leaves two reasonable possibilities. El Guapo is evil and has kept the scans on his team or El Guapo is good and the chain has managed to remain lucky enough to ID good players.
Don't start acting reasonable now! :ninja:
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

bb2112 wrote:
Moliere wrote:OK, any other opinions before I make the group official?
I don't believe the first 2 of the scan group.

Therefore I would put the last group with Stess. However, we still need to find a perfect 5 for the final quest.

I would suggest:

bb2112
Moliere
Remus West
Stessier
RMC

Either that will work or I just remuscided the group. :lol:
My concern with your perfect group is RW because I don't know who to trust between him and Chaos.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Moliere wrote:My concern with your perfect group is RW because I don't know who to trust between him and Chaos.
I will try to make this simple.

FACT: Chaos said RW was good.

IF it was an evil CR trying to provide cover for an evil RW, they both would have voted for the last quest and won the game for team evil. - Therefore cannot be true.

IF CR is good and he scanned RW then RW is good. This is possible.

IF CR is evil and he scanned RW and called RW good. This is possible.

In the above 3 possible scenarios, the first one is not possible. The last remaining 2 possibilities both leave RW good. So how can you say you don't know who to trust? RW is good, it is now just a matter whether CR is good or not.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Now back up that same logic on CR. If CR was evil, why would he give us a trusted in RW? If he were evil and pegged RW as evil to gain trust while eliminate a good member from consideration, that would net a swing in his favor.

There's no real reason why an evil scanner would scan a good player and give us a good result. They should keep the scans in-house on team evil, or scan a good and lie, telling us that they're evil so as to cast doubt and eliminate a good player from consideration.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Isgrimnur wrote:

There's no real reason why an evil scanner would scan a good player and give us a good result.
That is not true.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:pop:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
stessier

Post by stessier »

bb2112 wrote:
Moliere wrote:My concern with your perfect group is RW because I don't know who to trust between him and Chaos.
I will try to make this simple.

FACT: Chaos said RW was good.

IF it was an evil CR trying to provide cover for an evil RW, they both would have voted for the last quest and won the game for team evil. - Therefore cannot be true.

IF CR is good and he scanned RW then RW is good. This is possible.

IF CR is evil and he scanned RW and called RW good. This is possible.

In the above 3 possible scenarios, the first one is not possible. The last remaining 2 possibilities both leave RW good. So how can you say you don't know who to trust? RW is good, it is now just a matter whether CR is good or not.
It depends how far down the rabbit hole you want to go. If RW thought the List of Adventurers was doomed anyway, he could earn far more cred for coming out against it. With them not being able to coordinate, though, that is pretty far down the hole.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

bb2112 wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:

There's no real reason why an evil scanner would scan a good player and give us a good result.
That is not true.
And this is why I can't decide on my group members. :clap:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
stessier

Post by stessier »

Moliere wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:

That is not true.
And this is why I can't decide on my group members. :clap:
So you know there is one bad guy in your group. Who do you think it is?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

stessier wrote:So you know there is one bad guy in your group. Who do you think it is?
Which group? This one: Isgrimnur, Moliere , bb2112, and Remus West?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I'm not understanding how El G could possibly be a choice over me?

I know I'm Good.
I know Remus is Good.
El G scanned me as Good.

NONE of that makes El G a GOOD alignment.

WTF?

Who's pushing for that?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
stessier

Post by stessier »

Chaosraven wrote:I'm not understanding how El G could possibly be a choice over me?

I know I'm Good.
I know Remus is Good.
El G scanned me as Good.

NONE of that makes El G a GOOD alignment.

WTF?

Who's pushing for that?
It's not over you, it's in addition. We need 5 this time.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Chaosraven wrote:Team three had at least one evil
Isgrimnur
Moliere
bb2112
Remus West

=============
Chaosraven ACCEPT - not party2 (where at least 2 Evil lurk)
Isgrimnur ACCEPT - not party2 (where at least 2 Evil lurk) (party3rd min 1 evil)
Moliere ACCEPT - not party2 (where at least 2 Evil lurk) (party3rd min 1 evil)
bb2112 ACCEPT - not party2 (where at least 2 Evil lurk) (party3rd min 1 evil)
Remus West REJECT - not party2 (where 2 Evil lurk) GOOD

Scoop20906 REJECT - not party2 (where at least 2 Evil lurk)

Fuck.

If there are actually the other 2 evil in Isgrimnur/Moliere/bb2112...

But Scoop did reject that team.

stessier REJECT - PARTY2
RMC REJECT - PARTY2
Holman ACCEPT - PARTY2
El Guapo REJECT - PARTY2

Along with 2 Evils if it's stessier/RMC, or stessier/El Guapo, or RMC/El Guapo.

AAAARGH

bb2112 REJECT
Chaosraven ACCEPT
El Guapo ACCEPT
Holman ACCEPT
Isgrimnur ACCEPT
Moliere REJECT
Remus West REJECT
RMC REJECT
Scoop20906 ACCEPT
stessier REJECT

REJECT: 5
ACCEPT: 5
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

stessier REJECT - PARTY2
RMC REJECT - PARTY2
Holman ACCEPT - PARTY2
El Guapo REJECT - PARTY2
================================
El Guapo ACCEPT
Holman ACCEPT
RMC REJECT
stessier REJECT
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

PARTY 2 has split itself
"Where are you off to?"

stessier

Post by stessier »

bb2112 wrote:
Moliere wrote:OK, any other opinions before I make the group official?
I don't believe the first 2 of the scan group.

Therefore I would put the last group with Stess. However, we still need to find a perfect 5 for the final quest.

I would suggest:

bb2112
Moliere
Remus West
Stessier
RMC

Either that will work or I just remuscided the group. :lol:
You know you have 6 in that group?

Edit: wow, no you dont. Geez, my bad.
Last edited by stessier on Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

This game is even more frustrating than Hitler.
"Where are you off to?"

Holman

Post by Holman »

Seriously. I'm not sure how to play here.

I was pegged evil for reasons I don't get, and I don't know how to judge whether the people pegging me are themselves evil or just mistaken.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus, what do you think a good combination would be? Maybe not even a whole team - who do you feel good about?

We need something from Scoop. Silent votes are not helping.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I have a team suggestion and some reasoning, but I'd like to hear from those two first.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Since we are on a knife's edge of losing this game, it may not be a bad idea for everyone to give their list of 5.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Also, RW had shoulder surgery yesterday and I am not sure how available he is going to be going into the weekend. Especially since he tends to not be as active over weekend periods. Hopefully he will surprise us, because I would really like to hear from him too.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I don't think we have to hurry this so I personally don't mind waiting. Overall this one has been going fairly quickly.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

OK, looks like we're sitting on this until Monday. I don't want anyone complaining that we rushed a decision.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I find this game really confusing. I'm a good guy. I vote to accept or reject. Beyond that I don't do anything.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

If you have to choose between chaos or me then it's fairly easy. ME!
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

I understand the issue with ElG, Chaos, and RW. Can someone remind me why Holman is supposed to be Evil. I don't remember him involved in any action besides regular votes.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Moliere wrote:I understand the issue with ElG, Chaos, and RW. Can someone remind me why Holman is supposed to be Evil. I don't remember him involved in any action besides regular votes.
Stessier started pushing the idea the I was evil just after he and I (and RMC and El Guapo) were involved in the failed Quest 2.

I don't know if it makes him evil or not. I made sure to leave him out of my proposed quest group, and it was really after that that he started accusing me.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

bb2112 wrote:Since we are on a knife's edge of losing this game, it may not be a bad idea for everyone to give their list of 5.
Hello? Is this thing on?
RMC

Post by RMC »

I am driving around Ohio today, going to our Management Services Center for the day to meet with the big wigs and stuff, so most likely no OO today.

Man going up the food chain is supposed to give me more time to screw around, not less, right????
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Scoop20906 wrote:I find this game really confusing. I'm a good guy. I vote to accept or reject. Beyond that I don't do anything.
I mean, at this point in the game I feel like we can't really accept this as reasoning. The point is that the bad guys are trying to sneak onto teams and then voting to cause missions to fail (though of course they can, and in Mission #1 apparently did, pass a mission to keep their cover).

So, like any game with a saboteur mechanic, read what people posted and how the votes came out and make guesses as to who you think is evil. Even if they're bad guesses you'll be providing the village with information.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Since we are on a knife's edge of losing this game, it may not be a bad idea for everyone to give their list of 5.
Hello? Is this thing on?
I would be happy to stick with the party that Isgrimnur suggested (Isgrimnur, Moliere, bb2112, Remus West, Chaosraven. I know for sure that two of the members (CR and Remus) are good, so it will therefore succeed as long as we did not have an evil member voting to pass on Mission #3. Which is a risk, but intuitively it seems like a lesser risk than adding a comparative unknown (or a tainted) in place of one of the other Mission #3 members.

Of course, ideally Isgrimnur would add me in place of one of (Isgrimnur, Moliere, or bb2112) since then I would have three members that I know are good. I don't have super strong feelings between those three. I guess gun to my head I would put myself in place of Moliere, which would make it:

Isgrimnur, El Guapo, bb2112, Remus West, Chaosraven.
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I will not vote for any party containing Holman, El Guapo, or Chaosraven. I've laid out my reasons for those repeatedly. Since there are only 4 Evils and they need 2 to scuttle this mission any combo not including those three works for me right now.

I lean good on Scoop, stessier, and bb2112 but not strongly enough to request they be included (although Scoop feels good and would be the closest just because I can not picture him playing a bad guy this way).

Any party of 5 would depend on the results of this next mission as I am the sodden tart so will get to have a piece of solid information after that.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

After weighing all the comments I am going to go with this group for the next quest.

Moliere
Scoop20906
Holman
Isgrimnur
bb2112 

Since all of the scanners are unreliable I am not including any of them.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Moliere wrote:After weighing all the comments I am going to go with this group for the next quest.

Moliere
Scoop20906
Holman
Isgrimnur
bb2112 

Since all of the scanners are unreliable I am not including any of them.
As already noted then I will be voting to reject and I suggest that folks also reject this party.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Wanted to add that it is weird you would go from Chaosraven as the member I object to and replace him with Holman, another whom I object to but much more strongly. :?
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Remus West wrote:As already noted then I will be voting to reject and I suggest that folks also reject this party.
I know. I couldn't make everyone happy. If this group doesn't get a majority we'll see if Scoop can do a better job picking members.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Moliere has tapped himself, Scoop, Holman, Isgrimnur, and bb2112 for the fourth quest. Please PM me your vote, whether you ACCEPT or REJECT
stessier

Post by stessier »

I think this choice was hasty and I'm going to vote Reject - we need more discussion.

My thought is that we need to test someone from the El Guapo, RMC, stessier, Holman group now...but not Holman. :) We know 2 in that group are Bad, but that also means 2 are good and we can't win on the last day without 1 of the two in the Group. We can have 1 bad now and I think it is better to test one of them now rather than later. Maybe. I think. It was a thought I was playing with on Friday and I really stopped thinking about it once I learned Remus wouldn't be back until today. Thoughts?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote:I think this choice was hasty and I'm going to vote Reject - we need more discussion.

My thought is that we need to test someone from the El Guapo, RMC, stessier, Holman group now...but not Holman. :) We know 2 in that group are Bad, but that also means 2 are good and we can't win on the last day without 1 of the two in the Group. We can have 1 bad now and I think it is better to test one of them now rather than later. Maybe. I think. It was a thought I was playing with on Friday and I really stopped thinking about it once I learned Remus wouldn't be back until today. Thoughts?
We can't test anyone, unfortunately. I mean, at least not in a "we can later win the game" kind of way. If we choose poorly and wind up with 2+ evils in the quest group, we get information about who is evil (in fact, we would learn everyone's identity!) but we lose. If we wind up with 1 evil in the quest group, we probably get zero fail votes (because the evil person would know that he can't cause the quest to fail and would have no reason to vote to fail).

It would be helpful to know who Scoop might propose as the party members, because it would be helpful to know what the alternative is to the proposed party. Though we would have one or two more chances after Scoop to put a party together, of course.
Black Lives Matter.