Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

Re: Samurai Versus Ninja (ww) Roles Out! Get your PM

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote:
Lassr wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Lassr wrote:
RMC wrote:Anyone want to give suggestions on the three to scan?
If we go with the find three good guys plan, I think Lassr, Unagi and......maybe El Guapo.
I agree with the plan. I don't have a firm list of good guys yet, but I would be inclined to go with, bb2112, El Unagipoop, and, let's say Holman.
I noticed you did not included yourself... :ninja:
That's because I was thinking about it in terms of three which other players do I think might (at this stage) be good - like an opportunity to consider that issue at the same time. I'm certainly happy to be included as well (probably in place of Holman, on that list).
I included myself in the list of 3 because that means I only had to guess which other two are possibly good instead of guessing all 3.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Yeah? Well nobody asked you why you included yourself, did they? So you are just offering us this information to clear your mind?

You come across as covering your ass right now.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Unagi wrote:So, you feel that bb2112 is not evil.
That's my current reading. But it's also possible that I'm way off base at the moment and an evil bb2112 is kind of glomming onto me to push my off base guesses in a safe way for him.
Black Lives Matter.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lassr wrote:I included myself in the list of 3 because that means I only had to guess which other two are possibly good instead of guessing all 3.
Although....
Yeah. El Guapo didn't inject any personal desire to learn much when he felt his 3 people wouldn't include himself... As, what you describe is exactly why I was happy when my name was suggested on the list of 3... Main goal is to come back with "no wolves here: " and from El Guapo's list - from his perspective, he didn't see that angle. apparently. if ya follow
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Unagi wrote:
Lassr wrote:I included myself in the list of 3 because that means I only had to guess which other two are possibly good instead of guessing all 3.
Although....
Yeah. El Guapo didn't inject any personal desire to learn much when he felt his 3 people wouldn't include himself... As, what you describe is exactly why I was happy when my name was suggested on the list of 3... Main goal is to come back with "no wolves here: " and from El Guapo's list - from his perspective, he didn't see that angle. apparently. if ya follow
Not totally sure I'm following you, but what I was looking for was to learn more about other people (since I already know that I'm good). That, and to do an exercise in "who do I currently think is good?", since this is probably mostly academic anyway since RMC is likely to either be evil or dead in the morning.
Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Quick reminder to Night Specials!! Get me your orders by 5:00 pm EST!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Just to help ya follow. (and sadly, I agree, it's likely pointless)

Getting a Wolf in the list would be 'problematic' - in that we would have 3 names and likely 1 wolf.
So, we all kinda agreed that the BEST result would be to get only Good people in the scan.

In Theory: both Good and Bad players would/should declare that they are "Great Candidates" to be on that list of 3 good-guys.
I'm sure we all easily agree on this.
Good guys - for the real good reason.
Bad guys - because they are faking good, and wouldn't mind making the scan more 'problematic'.

You went a step further and thought "Well I know about me! So let's roll the dice and learn about 3 OTHER people".

But Lassr and I feel that you also SOLD YOURSELF SHORT there (in an information gathering respect).... because by "Guessing at 3 Good players" but not "stacking the odds by placing yourself on the list" .... You run/ran the very real risk of guessing 1 player wrong, and then forcing yourself to figure out where you guessed wrong.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Unagi wrote:Just to help ya follow. (and sadly, I agree, it's likely pointless)

Getting a Wolf in the list would be 'problematic' - in that we would have 3 names and likely 1 wolf.
So, we all kinda agreed that the BEST result would be to get only Good people in the scan.

In Theory: both Good and Bad players would/should declare that they are "Great Candidates" to be on that list of 3 good-guys.
I'm sure we all easily agree on this.
Good guys - for the real good reason.
Bad guys - because they are faking good, and wouldn't mind making the scan more 'problematic'.

You went a step further and thought "Well I know about me! So let's roll the dice and learn about 3 OTHER people".

But Lassr and I feel that you also SOLD YOURSELF SHORT there (in an information gathering respect).... because by "Guessing at 3 Good players" but not "stacking the odds by placing yourself on the list" .... You run/ran the very real risk of guessing 1 player wrong, and then forcing yourself to figure out where you guessed wrong.
I don't mean to convey that this was some well thought out, very nuanced list. I spent about 5 minutes thinking about it before posting. I was thinking "ok, let's think about 3 people who might be good." I didn't really consider myself because since I know I'm good I tend to think about other people's alignment.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Scoop20906 wrote:Quick reminder to Night Specials!! Get me your orders by 5:00 pm EST!!

Wolves, don't let Scoop stress you out. You take your time - you do you. You could probably not think about this until 4:59 and still have time to get your kill order in before the deadline.

Also, to be clear, by "EST", he means "Especially Sacramento Time", which is like a slang term for pacific time.
Black Lives Matter.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

And, he did say EST not EDT - which I am guessing everyone THINKS he said.

Nope. EST.

And, I'm pretty sure that means the deadline is NOW. :twisted:
RMC

Post by RMC »

Unagi wrote:And, he did say EST not EDT - which I am guessing everyone THINKS he said.

Nope. EST.

And, I'm pretty sure that means the deadline is NOW. :twisted:
You are a tricksy one, but I am guessing he used the wrong time factor thingy... :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Is it EDT? Did I get it wrong?

Oops. Well, I'll push the deadline back 24 hours.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Scoop20906 wrote:Is it EDT? Did I get it wrong?

Oops. Well, I'll push the deadline back 24 hours. Image

No! The deadline must be strictly enforced, or society will descend into anarchy.
Black Lives Matter.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Maybe you can extend it 1 hour, but why 24?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote: You come across as covering your ass right now.
well, I do have pants on right now.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote:
Although....
I knew you would come around...

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Scoop20906 wrote:Is it EDT? Did I get it wrong?

Oops. Well, I'll push the deadline back 24 hours. Image

Maybe he wasn't kidding... ?
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Day 2

Day arrives. One is dead. His name is Lassr.

Enlarge Image

Dead:
Remus West
newcastle
Lassr

Living:
Moliere
bb2112
Holman
RMC
El Guapo
Unagi
Vorret

The day will end when majority of 4 votes has been reached or the hard deadline is reached on Monday, May 10 at 5:00 pm EDT.

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Ok, that was not expected.

RMC - who did you scan and why are you still alive?
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Wow, Lassr.
odd choice - but I wont harp on it.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Wait--the ninjas didn't off RMC?

--

Scoop, a clarification, please: were the roles randomly drawn from the list you posted, or did you pick them for balance?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Holman wrote:Scoop, a clarification, please: were the roles randomly drawn from the list you posted, or did you pick them for balance?
Mod Response: First I randomly set the number of roles: 2 to 3 roles for Samurai, 1 to 2 roles for Ninja. Then I randomized the roles for each team. There were no changes after the randomizing.There was no attempt to balancing things.

The point of this game was not to provide a fairly balanced game but to create scenarios outside of our normal werewolf games and remove the reliance on our tried and true deductive methods. I hope people are enjoying this.

Holman

Re: Samurai Versus Ninja (ww) Day 2: Lassr dead

Post by Holman »

Looking at the list, we would be very lucky to have drawn both a seer (PI) and a protector.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Here are the results:

Lassr, Unagi and El Guapo ... All are samurai

Of course we lost Lassr, so my scan only gives us 2 'provens' if you trust me. :)

My power is over, but that leaves the following:

Moliere - ?
bb2112 - ?
Holman - ?
RMC - Samurai
El Guapo - Samurai
Unagi - Samurai
Vorret - ?

So we are down to 2 ninja in:

Moliere - ?
bb2112 - ?
Holman - ?
Vorret - ?

I would guess:

BB2112 and
Holman

Not sure why the left me alive, other than BB would assume he could paint me as lying about whom is who.
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Holman

Post by Holman »

RMC wrote: I would guess:

BB2112 and
Holman
I'm curious as to why that is.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Holman wrote:

BB2112 and
Holman
BB because he is the type to think he is smart enough to get you all to lynch me. :)

You because you can play the "Oh I am innocent and I am new to these types of games." line. I did it, and it worked, so I am always looking for it.

And it is also a guess on my part. Not a ton to go on in all honesty. :)
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

RMC wrote:
Holman wrote:

BB2112 and
Holman
BB because he is the type to think he is smart enough to get you all to lynch me. :)

You because you can play the "Oh I am innocent and I am new to these types of games." line. I did it, and it worked, so I am always looking for it.

Ha, that's funny. I would have offed you so fast if I was a baddie. Can't let a scanner live if you are evil.

I have to think about this. I have flipped flop back and forth on whether I believe you or not.
Holman

Post by Holman »

RMC wrote:
Holman wrote:

BB2112 and
Holman

I can't fault you for not having much to go on, but you have to admit that your situation (i.e. remaining alive) is a weird one.

You claim to have scanned Lassr, Unagi, and El Guapo, and the same night Lassr is assassinated. That might be a ninja move, since it superficially looks like a "wasted" scan and lends an aura of innocence to Unagi and El Guapo and you for the rest of the game.

We don't even know if there's a scanner in the game who could take a look at you.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lynching me proves I am not lying. Which makes me wonder on why they did not off me.

I am guessing they thought I might have been something else, and my track record as being a little bit 'off' in these games is well documented. :)
Holman

Post by Holman »

RMC wrote:Lynching me proves I am not lying. Which makes me wonder on why they did not off me.

I am guessing they thought I might have been something else, and my track record as being a little bit 'off' in these games is well documented. :)
Lynching you? Don't you mean night-killing you?
RMC

Post by RMC »

Holman wrote:
RMC wrote:Lynching me proves I am not lying. Which makes me wonder on why they did not off me.

Lynching you? Don't you mean night-killing you?
No, if you lynch me I come back a Samurai, which might be the only way to prove my role to some.

The Ninja, might like to keep the questions flowing on if I am telling the truth or not. A night kill would prove me, but why bother with that now, my one power is used up and I am a distraction now alive then I ever will be dead to them.

We have to run the numbers and see what losing me during the day, and then one of my provens at night. Would cost you all. I think that might be a huge swing to give up.. Not sure what our other special is, but if they can validate anything I am saying, and prove themselves it would be awesome...
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I think they did the math and they think they can win if they get us to kill you.
Holman seems intent on seeing that plan through.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Unagi wrote:I think they did the math and they think they can win if they get us to kill you.
Yeah, that is what I am guessing as well.

BB and Holman are still my best guesses. But BB has a point, the times I have been on team bad with him, he was always more willing to go after the specials. <hmm..> Nope, I still suspect him. :)

Let's see what El Guapo has to say, he is the other 'proven' of our little group.

You know, Vorret could be a wolf as well, after looking back over the topic.. That crazy Canadian can be wily sometimes.... hmm..
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

They, now,won't kill you at night
I assume they argued you may be protected last night.
To kill you tonight would be a waste, but once they kill me and El G, well , that may be end game?
Holman

Post by Holman »

Unagi wrote:I think they did the math and they think they can win if they get us to kill you.
No, I don't want to kill RMC unless he's a ninja. I'm just trying to figure out the info flow with so little to go on.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

This is the problem I'm having.

If RMC is good and we lynch RMC, we can prove his scans but we will lose another villager to a bad lynch. The baddies kill either El G or Unagi at night and then we are down to 5 with one proven and either one or two wolves. If there is one wolf, not so bad, but if there are two, that leaves us in a have to nail a wolf or lose situation tomorrow.

If RMC is evil and we lynch him, hooray.

If RMC is good and we don't lynch him, then we don't really know if he is good and we are guessing if his scans are any good.

If RMC is evil and we don't lynch him, we are letting a baddy walk and will have to come back to him at some point or risk losing.

Does anyone have any powers to shed any light on this? Now would be a good time to step forward.

Should the rest of our powereds step forward so we can narrow the pool a little more? I'm struggling with this one too.

Thoughts?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I'm pretty sure that RMC actually is who he says he is, and the wolves are trying to get us to waste time testing him.

I am certainly not saying this because RMC put me on a 'good list', it's mainly from my re-read-through of the game up to this point.

That will annoy the wolves too, if we don't test RMC right away here, and <gasp> just make the leap to trust him.

(I may be being the fool here, but with the random nature of this game, I'm kinda not worried about playing it loose)

Personally, I am OK with a Holman vote. He was looking a bit wolfy to me as well, actually 2nd on my list from my re-read.

bb2112 was topping my list earlier, but I've got him on stand-by after my re-read. Moliere, however, has been on the top of my list though and hasn't moved.

If one of them is a Zerker wolf, it would be the casual play by Moliere that is that wolf, IMO.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Hmm. really bb2112? You can't get a read on the RMC thing? and you just maybe think the other special(s) should come out now?

I don't really share those thoughts. I guess those are my thoughts.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Sorry, my first post was not in reply to your post - I hadn't seen it when I started my post... 2nd post is in reply. :P
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

bb2112 wrote:If there is one wolf, not so bad, but if there are two, that leaves us in a have to nail a wolf or lose situation tomorrow.
This, this annoys me.
I've done this little trick before. I've had it played on me too.

You either didn't read the rules and really don't know that we HAVE 2 wolves (special-ness is 1 or 2, if I read it right)
or
You, as a wolf, realized that possible misread and you are playing it to great potential effect.

Me No Like You. :naughty: