[WW] Danger Zone REDUX! -- Night 3

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: [WW] Danger Zone REDUX! -- Day 2

Post by bb2112 »

Grundbegriff wrote:Amazing how much effort some people are putting into not voting against stessier.
Fine. Let's see where this rabbit hole goes.

Stessier 

That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Scoop20906 wrote:Are you lumping Unagi in with me? Very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I highly doubt both of you are assassins. You are playing too lovey dovey in the open to do that, but one of you could be leading the other on. If you both are then that is some ballsy play.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Scoop20906 wrote:Vorret, any reason why you won't vote El Guapo?

Grund, does my logic on El Guapo make sense to you?

bb2112, I know you are semi-proven so I can trust you aren't lying but I am asking you to think through my reasoning and see if you won't join the El Guapo vote.

Moliere, voting with me will be the most uncool, arbitrary, against the rulez thing you have ever done and I promise if El Guapo turns out to be ISIS and I am wrong then I will vote for you next.
Good question, he hadn't crossed my mind until today when people started voting for him, probably since he wasn't participating much. I *prefer* Stessier but you're also right that usually El Guapo posts alot so it could be a wolfy play to stay hidden as much as possible.

He's not really defending himself, so I'll wait until the week start and give him a chance to at least talk (weekends aren't good for most people, me included).
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Vorret wrote:

bb2112, I know you are semi-proven so I can trust you aren't lying but I am asking you to think through my reasoning and see if you won't join the El Guapo vote.

Moliere, voting with me will be the most uncool, arbitrary, against the rulez thing you have ever done and I promise if El Guapo turns out to be ISIS and I am wrong then I will vote for you next.
Good question, he hadn't crossed my mind until today when people started voting for him, probably since he wasn't participating much. I *prefer* Stessier but you're also right that usually El Guapo posts alot so it could be a wolfy play to stay hidden as much as possible.

He's not really defending himself, so I'll wait until the week start and give him a chance to at least talk (weekends aren't good for most people, me included).
This would otherwise be ezmating (if I understand this correctly), but since the suspicion seems to be only quiet-based - I haven't said much lately since I spent the past half week in a cabin in Maine, and I don't love to play this game via phone for the most part.

As for yesterday I spent most of the day waiting for RMC's scan. Once it came in, IIRC Trig got to n-2 or n-1 within a few hours. THEN I spent time waiting for Trig to speak. Once he spoke he was lynched within a couple hours.

So there you go. I've only skimmed Newcastle's latest koans to see if there's much substance there, but he's still raising my suspicions. I could be talked into Scoop; not feeling stessier as much, but I do need to go back and review both of their posts.
Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

El Guapo wrote:
Vorret wrote:

This would otherwise be ezmating (if I understand this correctly), but since the suspicion seems to be only quiet-based - I haven't said much lately since I spent the past half week in a cabin in Maine, and I don't love to play this game via phone for the most part.

As for yesterday I spent most of the day waiting for RMC's scan. Once it came in, IIRC Trig got to n-2 or n-1 within a few hours. THEN I spent time waiting for Trig to speak. Once he spoke he was lynched within a couple hours.

So there you go. I've only skimmed Newcastle's latest koans to see if there's much substance there, but he's still raising my suspicions. I could be talked into Scoop; not feeling stessier as much, but I do need to go back and review both of their posts.
Hey El Guapo. I'd very much like to hear what you think especially if I am wrong about it. And there is nothing wrong with claiming you were busy especially on the weekends but I will say your lack of posting is out of character and thats what caught my interest.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
stessier

Post by stessier »

It amazes me anyone is willing to follow The Bull.

Hey Remus - where you at?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote:It amazes me anyone is willing to follow The Bull.

The Bull?
Black Lives Matter.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I'm also curious as who our bull is.
Isgrimnur wrote:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

So, first principles. We know RMC was good, so Remus is essentially proven. bb2112 could theoretically be a wolf, but that would require the wolves hitting Lana protection and then essentially choosing one of their own to be out center stage, knowing that Archer would be available to counter. That seems highly unlikely, so I'll put that aside.

Unagi and Grund both played a prominent role in nailing Trig to the wall. They're certainly not proven (especially with Grund being so wily), but I would lean good on them.

That leaves:

Scoop
Vorret
Moliere
Stessier
LordMortis
Newcastle
Lassr
Chaosraven
The Bull
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Analyzing...
Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I'll venture a guess he means Grundbegriff. Or maybe Unagi. Or maybe me?

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Ok, cutting the list. Narrowing it to five:

Stessier
Scoop
Newcastle
LordMortis
Lassr

Right now this is based mainly on my general recollection of events - I should also do a reread, though that will have to wait for this evening. Stessier and Scoop both have made odd posts - stessier stands out as having a high ratio of odd to useful posts. Scoop mainly stands out for his odd trig maneuverings, though I should reread that whole exchange. Honestly it's also a significant factor that Unagi and Grund are focusing on them, I am leaning good on them, and they are both very good at this.

Newcastle and Mortis stand out slightly in my mind for high noise-to-substance. Newcastle is making a lot of wacky role playing type posts, which seems like a good way to mask low substance. For Mortis I need to check on my reread whether my recollection of his posting is accurate or not. With Lassr it's more qualitative - mostly the heebie jeebies honestly, plus Unagi is focused on him and he's the man.

Oh, and there's The Bull, of course. I definitely don't want to follow him.

I'll have more this evening.
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Vote tally:

(4) stessier: Vorret, Grundbegriff, LordMortis, bb2112
(4) Scoop: Moliere, Lassr, stessier, Chaosraven
(3) El Guapo: Scoop, Unagi, Newcastle
(1) Newcastle: El Guapo

Not voting:
Remus West

Majority is 7
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

El Guapo wrote:Newcastle and Mortis stand out slightly in my mind for high noise-to-substance. Newcastle is making a lot of wacky role playing type posts, which seems like a good way to mask low substance. For Mortis I need to check on my reread whether my recollection of his posting is accurate or not. With Lassr it's more qualitative - mostly the heebie jeebies honestly, plus Unagi is focused on him and he's the man.
I haven't been around enough to generate noise, so I'd think my signal to noise ratio would be way up. (Which is to say a lot more signal to a lot less noise) but that's neither here nor there. If I make all y'all's bad list (scoop, newcastle concurring with scoop, Guap, though scoop has backed off) I recommend taking stock and if you think I'm an assassin get it out there. Sooner is better than later.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Scoop20906 wrote:Moliere, voting with me will be the most uncool, arbitrary, against the rulez thing you have ever done and I promise if El Guapo turns out to be ISIS and I am wrong then I will vote for you next.
You're saying that if I follow you on your vote for ElG and it turns out to be wrong then you will vote for me next? Why would I follow you only to be your next target?
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Dude. You've been begging for votes all game and I promise to do it and now it gives you pause????

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote:So, first principles. We know RMC was good, so Remus is essentially proven. bb2112 could theoretically be a wolf, but that would require the wolves hitting Lana protection and then essentially choosing one of their own to be out center stage, knowing that Archer would be available to counter. That seems highly unlikely, so I'll put that aside.

Unagi and Grund both played a prominent role in nailing Trig to the wall. They're certainly not proven (especially with Grund being so wily), but I would lean good on them.

That leaves:

Scoop
Vorret
Moliere
Stessier
LordMortis
Newcastle
Lassr
Chaosraven
The Bull
I just want to remind folks that it is fine to have some players leaning good but don't take your attention away from them. Hate for Unagi and Grund to be the last two assassins and we give give them a free ride to the end.

I am willing to change my vote from Scoop to EL Guapo or Stessier to test out their intuition.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Lassr wrote:
El Guapo wrote:So, first principles. We know RMC was good, so Remus is essentially proven. bb2112 could theoretically be a wolf, but that would require the wolves hitting Lana protection and then essentially choosing one of their own to be out center stage, knowing that Archer would be available to counter. That seems highly unlikely, so I'll put that aside.

That leaves:

Scoop
Vorret
Moliere
Stessier
LordMortis
Newcastle
Lassr
Chaosraven
The Bull
I just want to remind folks that it is fine to have some players leaning good but don't take your attention away from them. Hate for Unagi and Grund to be the last two assassins and we give give them a free ride to the end.

I am willing to change my vote from Scoop to EL Guapo or Stessier to test out their intuition.
Of course, but Unagi got the ball rolling on Triggercut who turned out to be an assassin, I'm not saying he's 100% in the clear but he sure is leading good, good.

Grund I'm skeptical though, still, I'd rather vote for Stessier right now, he's triggering my wolfdar.
Isgrimnur wrote:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lassr wrote:

That leaves:

Scoop
Vorret
Moliere
Stessier
LordMortis
Newcastle
Lassr
Chaosraven
The Bull

That's fair enough. They're definitely not proven (and Grund is certainly smart enough to play the long game), but they are leaning good for me. I appreciate the reminder to not get too firm on anyone too early, though.
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Scoop20906 wrote:Dude. You've been begging for votes all game and I promise to do it and now it gives you pause????
Got it. Was wondering about the logic. Thanks for explaining.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Lassr wrote:

That leaves:

Scoop
Vorret
Moliere
Stessier
LordMortis
Newcastle
Lassr
Chaosraven
The Bull

If you are willing, why don't you change your vote now?

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Lassr wrote: Hate for Unagi and Grund to be the last two assassins and we give give them a free ride to the end.
I figure we have two days for Mallory tell us what's going on with regard to Unagi unless the assassins elect not to kill bb2112 or Remus to play mind games with Mallory's identity. I don't have the faith in Grund but nether is he at the top of my personal list.
Scoop20906 wrote:If you are willing, why don't you change your vote now?
I am also willing but my preference is still Stess. Get back to me if we end up in stale matey situation. I don't consider Monday morning stale matey.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Lassr wrote:

That leaves:

Scoop
Vorret
Moliere
Stessier
LordMortis
Newcastle
Lassr
Chaosraven
The Bull

If you are willing, why don't you change your vote now?
I'm trying to decide which way to go. You are pushing more for El Guapo and Unagi and Grund were leaning more Stessier.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Scoop20906 wrote:

Of course it is you...it's always you! (Although a search showed that to be a lie, I'm sticking with it.)

But beyond that, it's a good play on words.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

My pool of players I feel the most uncomfortable with are:

Scoop, Grund, Newcastle

2nd tier everyone else except BB & Remus and I'll add Unagi to the 3rd tier.

I do agree Unagi really looks like he is on our side but I cannot put 100% trust in him. More like 60%. The fact that he lists me so high on his list is what makes me leery of him. Using some excuse about my interaction with triggercut which was so very limited.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

stessier wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:

Of course it is you...it's always you! (Although a search showed that to be a lie, I'm sticking with it.)

But beyond that, it's a good play on words.
THIS was that moment and I was right back then too. If history is repeating itself I should be voting for you stess.

And this proves also that whether I'm right or wrong NO ONE BELIEVES ME. I should sell cars.

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

/exits heat of bear
/slowly stretches his arms and toes

"Substance. What is substance? Is it posting? Is it naming suspects? Is it pointing out incongruities? Is it placing votes? Is it being present? If that's one's definition of substance? Than I am a definition of substance.

stessier 

(n-2)

for now El Guapo's posts have sated my desire for his substance to the game.

/folds hands together
/relaxes into grinning sloth
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Vote tally:

(5) stessier: Vorret, Grundbegriff, LordMortis, bb2112, newcastle

Not voting:
Remus West

Majority is 7
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Scoop20906 wrote:
THIS was that moment and I was right back then too. If history is repeating itself I should be voting for you stess.

And this proves also that whether I'm right or wrong NO ONE BELIEVES ME. I should sell cars.
Scoop - work on your breathing. If you are right or wrong, it doesn't matter. Being able to perceive is a solid step in the transcendance.
Bayraktar!!!!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Ohhmm Ohhmm

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Holman wrote:Vote tally:

(5) stessier: Vorret, Grundbegriff, LordMortis, bb2112, newcastle

Not voting:
Remus West

Majority is 7

/feels the lifegiving force
/humbly states

Alas my powers of double voting should not be allowed. It would be unfair, especially since I am one with all.
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier 

and reading that link, I miss Qantaga. :(
and theohall hasn't been around in a while.

anywho, I will board the stessier train.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lassr wrote:My pool of players I feel the most uncomfortable with are:

Scoop, Grund, Newcastle

2nd tier everyone else except BB & Remus and I'll add Unagi to the 3rd tier.

I do agree Unagi really looks like he is on our side but I cannot put 100% trust in him. More like 60%. The fact that he lists me so high on his list is what makes me leery of him. Using some excuse about my interaction with triggercut which was so very limited.
Lassr wrote: stessier 

anywho, I will board the stessier train.

/feels another shift in the waves of the cosmos

"but why Stessier lassr? If he is not in a top 3? With vagueness you are approaching your choices.

/clucks tongue
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lassr said-
and reading that link, I miss Qantaga. :(
and theohall hasn't been around in a while.
/OOC

Theohall hasn't been around since December i think. I checked a bit ago since I'd not seen him around for a while. Might even be july of last year since he played.
Lagom has also gone awol as well. (at least from playing, i've not seen him around)
Truicy hasnt been playing; proner, semaj the list grows....

Lots of fallen and fadded away comrades
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

withdraw stessier 

Lassr 

Because.....his motives feel murky within the cosmos.

/a smile spreads
/fully engages in the grinning sloth
Bayraktar!!!!

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Before anyone does anything dumb, that's n-1 right?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Chaosraven wrote:Before anyone does anything dumb, that's n-1 right?
N-2
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Newcastle wrote:
"but why Stessier lassr? If he is not in a top 3? With vagueness you are approaching your choices.

/clucks tongue
It is more from the push of Unagi and Grund. I am willing to see if it bares fruit.
As I have stated many times in the past, I find it harder and harder to guess who the bad guys are these days as you get more and more games under your belt. Less mistakes are made. It is more intuition. If Unagi and Grund feel certain that they see something which stessier then I am willing to see if they are right.
So a stessier vote may provide me more info right now.

My list:
The only thing I had on Scoop was those few posts I mentioned that just didn't feel right but you know how many times in the past I have thought for sure Scoop was evil and ended up wrong? More times than I was right. Grund is sneaky and I have a hard time trusting him until he is proven. And as for you this game, the thought crosses my mind that you are hiding behind your narratives in this game.

Weak explanations but that is where I am right now.

Black Lives Matter
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

stessier 

Ok, let's hear the n-1
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Reading and avoiding influencing too much. As I'm known ISIS I don't want folks using "follow Remus" as their battle cry. Too much experience with how that works out for me. :oops:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken