[WW] Danger Zone REDUX! -- Night 3

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: [WW] Danger Zone REDUX! -- Day 1

Post by bb2112 »

Grundbegriff wrote:As someone pointed out in the aborted game, faking Cheryl is a good play for evil; real Cheryl will be disinclined to step forward, since her doing so grants evil a free random scan.
Different game, different rules. Now Cheryl is not just a prize for evil. If RMC is lying, it is worth the real Cheryl to speak up.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

bb2112 wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:Vorret, Unagi, El Guapo, triggercut, Remus West

Withdraw RMC 

What is this list? If it is people we are waiting to hear from you forgot LM and NC.
Not it!

Well, assuming no one comes out to counter RMC, this could be a good thing. We either have an infiltrator placed in our hands or we end up with three known good guys with no first night kill on day one and a nice pool to choose from for Lana to protect.

Heck, if someone comes out to counter RMC, it won't be a total loss. We'll get two scans, one of which will be accurate and one Cheryl will be known to be a cyborg plant.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Yeah, was a holiday weekend and boy did I abuse.
Now... that was one hell of a train on RMC, why didn't we lynch the "I can't read my PM properly" person today instead? ;)
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Oh and I can't counter claim RMC either...
Isgrimnur wrote:
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Moliere 

Go me!
Isgrimnur wrote:
Holman

Post by Holman »

Vote Tally:

(2) RMC: Grundbegriff, stessier
(1) Scoop: Moliere
(2) Moliere: LordMortis, Vorret
(1) Vorret: Newcastle

Not voting:
Unagi, El Guapo, bb2112, triggercut, Remus West, RMC, Scoop, Chaosraven, Lassr

Majority is 8
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Ok. So to start, I think it's fair to conclude that bb2112 isn't spoofing. I suppose the only other possibility is that the wolves hit Lana's protection, and then had Barry come out as Archer to try to draw the real Archer out. BUT that would mean exposing a wolf without any pressure, which would be crazy. Plus there's been no counter-claim.

I suppose it's more likely that RMC is spoofing, but in the absence of a counter-claim I think we have to assume that he's not for today, anyway. As for scan choices...not bb2112. Other than that, we don't have a ton to go on. My inclination would be to pick a good player to verify their aligment early (or at least, to verify it contingent on RMC's loyalty. Maybe Grund, since we don't typically get much out of him early.
Black Lives Matter.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

As nobody is currently dead, we have a protector to protect someone who counters, so there shouldn't be a reason for them to allow Assassins to spoof today.

As there have been no "hey wait *I*m so-and-so" responses, is there any reason we shouldn't believe our two?

Cheryl should scan and post results.
Lana gets to play chicken with Assassins on an Archer/Cheryl tonight, which should force them to go third target.
Unless they hit Mallory, we end up with 2 scans from her tomorrow.

I would actually suggest EVERY player post an "I am not really Mallory, but I scanned (player)" to allow the real Mallory to post who they targeted last night so we don't waste Cheryls scan (simply avoid any name listed among the Fake plus a Real scans.

Thoughts?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

And did someone say Three earlier?
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

LordMortis wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:Vorret, Unagi, El Guapo, triggercut, Remus West

Withdraw RMC 

What is this list? If it is people we are waiting to hear from you forgot LM and NC.
Not it!

Well, assuming no one comes out to counter RMC, this could be a good thing. We either have an infiltrator placed in our hands or we end up with three known good guys with no first night kill on day one and a nice pool to choose from for Lana to protect.

Heck, if someone comes out to counter RMC, it won't be a total loss. We'll get two scans, one of which will be accurate and one Cheryl will be known to be a cyborg plant.
Ah, the Carol scan included in case of an ISIS result.
"Where are you off to?"

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

RMC, I would suggest either Grund or RW as your scan. Preference would be Grund.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:RMC, I would suggest either Grund or RW as your scan. Preference would be Grund.
I'd scan triggercut.

Also, I don't like CR's suggestion that everyone post a "scan" since posts clearing bad guys will let them know "not Mallory" and thereby narrow the field.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Chaosraven wrote:As nobody is currently dead, we have a protector to protect someone who counters, so there shouldn't be a reason for them to allow Assassins to spoof today.

As there have been no "hey wait *I*m so-and-so" responses, is there any reason we shouldn't believe our two?

Cheryl should scan and post results.
Lana gets to play chicken with Assassins on an Archer/Cheryl tonight, which should force them to go third target.
Unless they hit Mallory, we end up with 2 scans from her tomorrow.

I would actually suggest EVERY player post an "I am not really Mallory, but I scanned (player)" to allow the real Mallory to post who they targeted last night so we don't waste Cheryls scan (simply avoid any name listed among the Fake plus a Real scans.

Thoughts?
The wolves don't necessarily have to play chicken, as they have Katya's power. They could choose to go third target, but they do have the power to kill Archer (or anyone else) at will tonight. I guess unless we get lucky and hit Katya with our lynch.

I don't understand your Malory proposal here. So everyone would post this "I am not Spartacus" bit, and then Cheryl would pick a scan name that's not posted? Wouldn't that let the wolves direct Cheryl's scan?
Black Lives Matter.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Whomever we choose, with Cheryl outed I agree that RMC needs to choose one of us and scan and post it. WIth Katya still in the game, the risk is way too high that the assassins will use Katya on him otherwise.

If we're posting scan preferences, this might be helpful.
(6) RMC: Scoop, Grundbegriff, stessier, Chaosraven, Lassr, Newcastle
I guess though that any of us are a decent scan choice, excepting bb2112. There's no reason I can see to not fully accept that he's truthful about being Archer.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

triggercut wrote:Whomever we choose, with Cheryl outed I agree that RMC needs to choose one of us and scan and post it. WIth Katya still in the game, the risk is way too high that the assassins will use Katya on him otherwise.

I guess though that any of us are a decent scan choice, excepting bb2112. There's no reason I can see to not fully accept that he's truthful about being Archer.
Agreed, All good choices, maybe I'd hold on Newcastle, I doubt a wolf would cast a vote on BB after he announced he was Archer....
Isgrimnur wrote:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Vorret wrote:
triggercut wrote:Whomever we choose, with Cheryl outed I agree that RMC needs to choose one of us and scan and post it. WIth Katya still in the game, the risk is way too high that the assassins will use Katya on him otherwise.

Agreed, All good choices, maybe I'd hold on Newcastle, I doubt a wolf would cast a vote on BB after he announced he was Archer....
yeah a normal wolf wouldn't....but a newcastle wolf? C'mon imma a different breed there my friendly canuckian friend.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

RMC, why didn't you use your scan on the first night??!?
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Scoop20906 wrote:RMC, why didn't you use your scan on the first night??!?
I think he can scan at any time , no ?
Isgrimnur wrote:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

why would he waste it on such a vast pool of suspects? Much more useful later in the game. Him dying at night is the only case of us losing the scan.
Point is mute now since he is outed but I would hold the scan as long as I could until it could be a difference maker.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Vorret wrote:
Crap, you are right. He could scan right now. Sorry, finding it hard to believe him because ...

RMC IS THE DEVIL!!

Enlarge Image

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Vorret wrote:
Crap, you are right. He could scan right now. Sorry, finding it hard to believe him because ...

RMC IS THE DEVIL!!

Enlarge Image

That's what I said earlier but nobody believed me!!!
Isgrimnur wrote:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Remus West wrote:Also, I don't like CR's suggestion that everyone post a "scan" since posts clearing bad guys will let them know "not Mallory" and thereby narrow the field.
Actually I didn't ask for a reveal of the "scan", did I?

Just names.
"Where are you off to?"

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Chaosraven wrote:
Remus West wrote:Also, I don't like CR's suggestion that everyone post a "scan" since posts clearing bad guys will let them know "not Mallory" and thereby narrow the field.
Actually I didn't ask for a reveal of the "scan", did I?

Just names.
that could lead to some interesting conversations here and in the wolf forum...

not sure of the pros and cons though.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Chaosraven wrote:I would actually suggest EVERY player post an "I am not really Mallory, but I scanned (player)" to allow the real Mallory to post who they targeted last night so we don't waste Cheryls scan (simply avoid any name listed among the Fake plus a Real scans.

Thoughts?
Don't get this?

Wouldn't RMC get the results of his scan today as in right now if he put the order in? Mallory wouldn't have to select her scan until tonight so she shouldn't select RMC's scan unless she REALLY doesn't trust RMC. I see no point.

Also, I vote RMC scans Lord Mortis. No way I can get a read on that guy. If not him, then Remus of course since bb2112 was most likely targeting last night.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Didn''t she get a scan last night?
"Where are you off to?"

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I can make no counter to RMS's claim.
Unagi

Re: [WW] Danger Zone REDUX! -- Soliciting

Post by Unagi »

Holman wrote:Running Player List:
At start there are 12 ISIS players (4 special, 8 regular) and 3 Assassins.

1) Newcastle
2) Vorret
3) Grundbegriff
4) Unagi
5) Stessier
6) Scoop
7) Moliere
8) Chaosraven
9) El Guapo
10) bb2112
11) Triggercut
12) Remus West
13) RMC
14) Lassr
15) LordMortis

Majority is 8.

Night 0: No death.
Day 1:

Holman, the above is a post you made before the start of the night, I believe. (but you edited it on July 2nd)
In that, it looked to me like you were saying this:

Why did you write that there? Was our Night 0 guaranteed to have No Death/was that a rule-change?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

OK, reading other timestamps, I am pretty sure you just cut-n-pasted that in accidentally .... Just to cause confusion. :horse: :wink:
Last edited by Unagi on Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holman

Re: [WW] Danger Zone REDUX! -- Soliciting

Post by Holman »

Unagi wrote:
Holman wrote:Running Player List:
At start there are 12 ISIS players (4 special, 8 regular) and 3 Assassins.

Day 1:

Holman, the above is a post you made before the start of the night, I believe.
In that, it looked to me like you were saying this:

Why did you write that there? Was our Night 0 guaranteed to have No Death/was that a rule-change?
That post is reserved for a running list. I edit it as results come in. Before the dawn it said nothing about Night 0.

If you had been assassinated, I would have put in "Night 0: Unagi assassinated."
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Ohhhh, that one post of yours on Page 1 will continue to be updated.

OK, I get it.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Unagi wrote:I can make no counter to RMS's claim.
nor to RMC's :oops:
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Scoop20906 wrote:Also, I vote RMC scans Lord Mortis.
I have no objections to this.

My memory of games long ago was that I'd scan Remus because even when he looks guilty as hell and is, you guys let him live. But my memory is from a long damned time ago and the personality of the game morphs over time.

Also I am under the impression raven's Mallory play is that if everyone claims not Mallory and publishes a scan then if/when Mallory dies (if we find out her identity at death) then we know what she knows. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Doesn't it sort of allow the wolves to hone in on her? Is that worthy of the insurance of gaining her knowledge? I dunno.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

But we'd need to know which person is Malory if any of the information is to be useful. How do we find out who she is if she is killed at night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

OMFG

People.

The entire point was for CHERYLS FUCKING SCAN.

Not for us to figure out who Mallory is.
Not for people to make up who is and isn't an Assassin with an actual result added.

To potentially avoid an overlap with LAST NIGHTS scan.
"Where are you off to?"

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Oh!!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

So this is like To Tell the Truth. I'll play.

I'm Mallory Archer and I scanned RMC.

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Chaosraven wrote:The entire point was for CHERYLS FUCKING SCAN.

Not for us to figure out who Mallory is.
OK, so what's your plan for figuring out Mallory then? I don't get it.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I have no idea what's going on :?
Isgrimnur wrote:
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Wait. That didn't just happened, did it?
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."