BSG X -Eden -Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

El Guapo

Re: BSG X -Eden -Night 0- Game On

Post by El Guapo »

LordMortis wrote:
El Guapo wrote:Guys, guys. Taking a look through this thread, I have already spotted a wolf here. Check it out:

stessier 

I am so good at this game.

That's was my very first thought but then I'm like it's not fair to off him instantly two games in a row.

My second thought was obligatory "Why Scoop?" which takes me to, because he totally nailed last game. And then I quickly follow up with but the Lassr bluff, really?

So while I sit and wait.

moliere 

while I put together my real top 4.
Right, but at the same time, and not to engaging in racial profiling or anything, but just look at the guy.
Black Lives Matter.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scoop, it should have been me. IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ME!!!
What have you animals done.

Seriously though. I think we can make a leap hear that our wolves don't like finger painting.

Players that like order to the game:
Me. (I can't deny it)
Grund
Remus
bb2112
chaos (ironic, but true)
el guapo
triggercut

Not that the rest of you embrace chaos, but I can see the above group deciding to silence an unknowable.
(this is pretty preliminary, so don't hold me to this)
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Good list.
Scoop can be volatile and hard to read, odd first kill since he can easily be lynched by his action even when good.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Unagi wrote:Scoop, it should have been me. IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ME!!!

Seriously though. I think we can make a leap hear that our wolves don't like finger painting.

Me. (I can't deny it)
Grund
Remus
bb2112
chaos (ironic, but true)
el guapo
triggercut

Not that the rest of you embrace chaos, but I can see the above group deciding to silence an unknowable.
Look, let's just save everyone a bunch of time, and have you tell us who the first wolf is, and then we'll lynch him.
Black Lives Matter.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

El Guapo wrote:

Me. (I can't deny it)
Grund
Remus
bb2112
chaos (ironic, but true)
el guapo
triggercut

Look, let's just save everyone a bunch of time, and have you tell us who the first wolf is, and then we'll lynch him.
Shit, I can get behind that idea, worked well the last time.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Unagi for world leader of first kill.

Who's in ?
Isgrimnur wrote:
Holman

Post by Holman »

Me. (I can't deny it)
Grund
Remus
bb2112
chaos (ironic, but true)
el guapo
triggercut

Does a somewhat chaotic village player actually hurt the wolves? Wouldn't they want to keep him alive to see if he draws fire?

In our last game, Scoop was a Good Special and his play nearly got him killed. Wouldn't the wolves want to see that again?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

1 Newcastle -----
2 Remus West ----
3 Vorret --------
4 Chaosraven ----
5 BB2112 -------
6 El Guapo ------ stessier
7 Unagi ---------
8 Grundbegriff ----
9 Holman -------
10 Moliere ---- Newcastle
11 Triggercut ----
12 RMC ---------
13 tru1cy -------
14 stessier ------
15 LordMortis ---- Moliere
Newcastle ---- 1
stessier ---- 1
Moliere ---- 1
----
----

Majority = 8
Deadline is: July 28th 7PM CDT
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Me. (I can't deny it)
Grund
Remus
bb2112
chaos (ironic, but true)
el guapo
triggercut

I don't see scoop as order at all but you know I'm your huckleberry. Remus or Grund? :D They're the first two on your list.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Holman wrote:

Me. (I can't deny it)
Grund
Remus
bb2112
chaos (ironic, but true)
el guapo
triggercut

Does a somewhat chaotic village player actually hurt the wolves? Wouldn't they want to keep him alive to see if he draws fire?

In our last game, Scoop was a Good Special and his play nearly got him killed. Wouldn't the wolves want to see that again?
I agree with this. Scoop is a random factor that ups chaos. The good guys want order, the bad guys want chaos. Scoop is an odd choice since his killing reduces that chaos the wolves need to survive. Logic based wolves would tend to not kill the chaos inducing players. Free thinking wolves would tend to not care who they kill. I think everyone is experienced enough that they could and would violate this, but I also think the people not on Unagi's list hold more potential for being bad than the ones on the list.

Oh, and I would add Stess to Unagi's list and I'm not sure about CR's inclusion. He seems very comfortable in or out of chaotic environments.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

LordMortis wrote:

Me. (I can't deny it)
Grund
Remus
bb2112
chaos (ironic, but true)
el guapo
triggercut

I don't see scoop as order at all but you know I'm your huckleberry. Remus or Grund? :D They're the first two on your list.
You missed the point then. Scoop isn't order. So those that would like to play in an orderly game that they may have some control over - may get rid of Scoop.

So yeah, Holman - I'm just one thought ahead of you here (don't mean to be condescending there), I only mean to say that I had the exact same thought when it was scoop that was killed, which then made me wonder who would call for that starting kill. I honestly don't know if scoop has ever been the night 0 kill.
Holman wrote:Does a somewhat chaotic village player actually hurt the wolves? Wouldn't they want to keep him alive to see if he draws fire?
And yet here we are and he is dead. And the wolves did it. And there is no way he was picked because they thought he would randomly make a bold move like that again and make it work for the village. I wouldn't think, at least.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Unagi wrote: So yeah, Holman - I'm just one thought ahead of you here (don't mean to be condescending there), I only mean to say that I had the exact same thought when it was scoop that was killed, which then made me wonder who would call for that starting kill. I honestly don't know if scoop has ever been the night 0 kill.
Holman wrote:Does a somewhat chaotic village player actually hurt the wolves? Wouldn't they want to keep him alive to see if he draws fire?
And yet here we are and he is dead. And the wolves did it. And there is no way he was picked because they thought he would randomly make a bold move like that again and make it work for the village. I wouldn't think, at least.
Well, we certainly don't have a lot to go on in reading a Night 0 kill. But I don't think "tidying the village" is a motive we should assume.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

bb2112 wrote:Scoop is a random factor that ups chaos. The good guys want order, the bad guys want chaos. Scoop is an odd choice since his killing reduces that chaos the wolves need to survive.
OK , so far we agree... We have "Chaos Loving Wolves" but they just killed the "Chaos God"...

"Chaos Loving Wolves" just describes US ALL, as wolves.... but I am trying to figure out who finds Scoops play as being hard to play with. I FULLY admit I am one of those players.
Now, maybe I'm just looking at this from a 'find the wolves' perspective, but I think EVEN wolves find Scoops play hard to field... Guessing El Guapo and Lassr would agree there.
bb2112 wrote:Logic based wolves would tend to not kill the chaos inducing players.
I generally agree, but I think Scoop takes it one notch over that.
bb2112 wrote:I think everyone is experienced enough that they could and would violate this
OK, so any valid point I make could be given this counter. So, maybe we just all say the above back and forth to each other the rest of the game?
bb2112 wrote:Oh, and I would add Stess to Unagi's list
Maybe. I think he plays way way more 'loose' these days.
bb2112 wrote:and I'm not sure about CR's inclusion. He seems very comfortable in or out of chaotic environments.
That's the illusion he creates, but it's always him trying to build an understanding of things, he just is chaotic about it .... Inside, he is the eye of his own storm.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman wrote:Well, we certainly don't have a lot to go on in reading a Night 0 kill. But I don't think "tidying the village" is a motive we should assume.
Yeah, you're building my comment up too much, frankly. I'm making a preliminary guess at things, cause I felt like the village demanded my input. I'd love to hear more people react and come up with their own preposterous theories.
Night 0 kill is usually 'Up for grabs' really... which is why Remus kills bb2112, or RMC kills Remus, etc. on Night 0... 'for fun'... So, this kill was likely also mostly "random".... but someone thought it would be nice/fun/excusable to pick Scoop.

Now that I say that. Perhaps Scoop was killed just cause he got so lucky and had such a great game last time, that the wolves though he was the one player that 'could take it', without hard feelings, etc.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Unagi wrote:
Holman wrote:Well, we certainly don't have a lot to go on in reading a Night 0 kill. But I don't think "tidying the village" is a motive we should assume.
Yeah, you're building my comment up too much, frankly. I'm making a preliminary guess at things, cause I felt like the village demanded my input. I'd love to hear more people react and come up with their own preposterous theories.
Night 0 kill is usually 'Up for grabs' really... which is why Remus kills bb2112, or RMC kills Remus, etc. on Night 0... 'for fun'... So, this kill was likely also mostly "random".... but someone thought it would be nice/fun/excusable to pick Scoop.

Now that I say that. Perhaps Scoop was killed just cause he got so lucky and had such a great game last time, that the wolves though he was the one player that 'could take it', without hard feelings, etc.
Hey! okay, I resemble that remark. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Holman

Post by Holman »

Unagi wrote:

I think something like that is probably more like it.

I wasn't casting suspicion on you, just challenging the idea that we can read much (such as a list of suspects) from this kill.

All the same, we do need a justification for a lynch, and the wolves are unlikely to give us any information. My externally founded suspicion would fall on El Guapo simply because Scoop led the kill on him last time, but that seems too flimsy for j'accuse.
Newcastle

Re: BSG X -Eden -Day 1- Game On

Post by Newcastle »

So we have law and order Wolves
Empathy wolves (ie want to let returning players live & Scoop's on a high)
AND
Newcastle Framing wolves!!!
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Unagi wrote:
You missed the point then. Scoop isn't order. So those that would like to play in an orderly game that they may have some control over - may get rid of Scoop.
I guess I'm still missing the point, wouldn't cylons who want order want their order and not order imposed by humans? Still, you know you are my Adama of bloodhound until you do something crazy or someone says otherwise. Maybe there is something to being orderly hiding among orderly humans.

Enlarge Image
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Holman wrote:All the same, we do need a justification for a lynch, and the wolves are unlikely to give us any information. My externally founded suspicion would fall on El Guapo simply because Scoop led the kill on him last time, but that seems too flimsy for j'accuse.
I don't buy that from El Guapo unless it's a double fake.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Unagi wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Scoop is a random factor that ups chaos. The good guys want order, the bad guys want chaos. Scoop is an odd choice since his killing reduces that chaos the wolves need to survive.
OK , so far we agree... We have "Chaos Loving Wolves" but they just killed the "Chaos God"...

"Chaos Loving Wolves" just describes US ALL, as wolves.... but I am trying to figure out who finds Scoops play as being hard to play with. I FULLY admit I am one of those players.
Heh, yeah, I remember you force choking him. One of the most hilarious moments I can remember. Scoop thought he had free reign to run his mouth by having a character that would survive the first lynch or night kill.
Unagi wrote: Now, maybe I'm just looking at this from a 'find the wolves' perspective, but I think EVEN wolves find Scoops play hard to field... Guessing El Guapo and Lassr would agree there.
bb2112 wrote:Logic based wolves would tend to not kill the chaos inducing players.
I generally agree, but I think Scoop takes it one notch over that.
So you are stating that the wolves find Scoop's play so over the top chaotic that they would rather night kill him than let the village eventually have to deal with him? That is a theory, but I'm not sure I'm buying it. I still like your list, but I am just approaching it from the other side. Order loving wolves still want the God of Chaos around. Free thinkers I don't think would be as concerned. As you said, has Scoop ever been a night zero candidate? And more importantly, does this mean Chaos has to share his night zero t-shirt?
Unagi wrote:
bb2112 wrote:and I'm not sure about CR's inclusion. He seems very comfortable in or out of chaotic environments.
That's the illusion he creates, but it's always him trying to build an understanding of things, he just is chaotic about it .... Inside, he is the eye of his own storm.
I guess I can concede this point. His reactions and posts are sometimes chaotic, but that is him just having fun. When it gets to a certain point in the game, he starts building logic chains and tries to create order to figure out patterns.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Unagi wrote: Now that I say that. Perhaps Scoop was killed just cause he got so lucky and had such a great game last time, that the wolves though he was the one player that 'could take it', without hard feelings, etc.
This also seems very plausible. Which means it is day one with nothing substantial to go on yet.

Moliere 

No real reason except his shoes look like they have been recently wiped down.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Alright I think I'm caught up.. Not really sure I what to think of Scoop being taken out first. I find it odd the Unagi would list himself first and honestly, I think I want to put my vote there
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lassr wrote:1 Newcastle -----
2 Remus West ----
3 Vorret --------
4 Chaosraven ----
5 BB2112 -------
6 El Guapo ------ stessier
7 Unagi ---------
8 Grundbegriff ----
9 Holman -------
10 Moliere ---- Newcastle
11 Triggercut ----
12 RMC ---------
13 tru1cy -------
14 stessier ------
15 LordMortis ---- Moliere
Newcastle ---- 1
stessier ---- 1
Moliere ---- 1
----
----

Majority = 8
OK Lassr, this had me scratching my head.
Is this the first time this notation has been used for vote counting. Even by you?
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Newcastle wrote:So we have law and order Wolves
Empathy wolves (ie want to let returning players live & Scoop's on a high)
AND
Newcastle Framing wolves!!!
Or Newcastle trying to make it look like he's been framed by taking out the original Scooper so you have no more competition this game for that role. :wink:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Actually Newcastle did it to avoid having to vie for the "Scooping/Newcastling" debate on final votes.

With no Scoop, the competition is practically over.
Unless we lynch Newcastle first.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Chaosraven wrote:Actually Newcastle did it to avoid having to vie for the "Scooping/Newcastling" debate on final votes.

:o

What's this obsession you got with lynching me early on now Mr. Order Raven? Eh? Watcha got against little ole. I'm a simple engineer who just so happens to specialize in the inner workings of an airlock. Well my day job is getting those raptors up and running ya know. I dabble in the airlocks at night when no one else can hear folks scream as they are jetted out into space...i meant where the ...oh what the heck...no one cares about the inner workings and dreams of airlocks.

/heads off to check the munitions depot.
Bayraktar!!!!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

:binky: :P :pop: :binky:
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:Actually Newcastle did it to avoid having to vie for the "Scooping/Newcastling" debate on final votes.

:o

What's this obsession you got with lynching me early on now Mr. Order Raven? Eh? Watcha got against little ole. I'm a simple engineer who just so happens to specialize in the inner workings of an airlock. Well my day job is getting those raptors up and running ya know. I dabble in the airlocks at night when no one else can hear folks scream as they are jetted out into space...i meant where the ...oh what the heck...no one cares about the inner workings and dreams of airlocks.

/heads off to check the munitions depot.
Hmmm, seems to have an affinity for mechanical things. :P
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi 

Being an actual Cylon is the only possible way he overrode the true kill order. It really should have been him.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote:

OK Lassr, this had me scratching my head.
Is this the first time this notation has been used for vote counting. Even by you?
Yes, I was trying to make it easier on me than what I used to do due to time constraints. I'll try to clean it up and make it clearer.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Players ----------- Voted For:
1 Newcastle……
2 Remus West.. Unagi
3 Vorret………….
4 Chaosraven…
5 BB2112……….. Moliere
6 El Guapo…….. stessier
7 Unagi…………..
8 Grundbegriff.
9 Holman………..
10 Moliere………. Newcastle
11 Triggercut……
12 RMC…………….
13 tru1cy………….
14 stessier……….
15 LordMortis…. Moliere
Targets ----------- Voters
( Newcastle…… 1 )--- Moliere
( Moliere………. 2 )--- El Guapo --- bb2112
( stessier………. 1 )--- LordMortis
( Unagi………….. 1 )--- Remus West

Majority = 8
Last edited by Lassr on Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

moliere 

why not? Smells like puke ya know...you should get that checked out bro-heim.
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

That look better? Trying to find an easy way to just post from my excel spreadsheet without much editing.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Players ----------- Voted For:
1 Newcastle…… Moliere
2 Remus West.. Unagi
3 Vorret………….
4 Chaosraven…
5 BB2112……….. Moliere
6 El Guapo…….. stessier
7 Unagi…………..
8 Grundbegriff.
9 Holman………..
10 Moliere………. Newcastle
11 Triggercut……
12 RMC…………….
13 tru1cy………….
14 stessier……….
15 LordMortis…. Moliere
Targets ----------- Voters
( Newcastle…… 1 )--- Moliere
( Moliere………. 3 )--- LordMortis --- bb2112 --- Newcastle
( stessier………. 1 )--- El Guapo
( Unagi………….. 1 )--- Remus West

Majority = 8
Last edited by Lassr on Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lassr wrote:That look better?
Honestly ?

I mean, do what ya need to do, I just want to see who's got votes, by who , more or less - with maybe the list of who hasn't got a vote.
No biggie. Maybe it's just me.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Moliere killing Scoop makes sense as fallout from the Archer game. They had fun sparring over there.

That's not much to go on, but I'll add my vote to see what a little pressure reveals.

Moliere 

RMC

Post by RMC »

Slow moving train, but it is still a train, on Moliere.

But I don't want to get too scattered and uncover any of our specials on day one.

So  Moliere 

I have no real reason, other than I don't want to uncover specials, and we might get lucky and he is a wolf. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Yeah, considered some more while playing Overwatch and yeah, that list  Unagi 

put together and listing himself first just strikes me as wrong
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I wanted to kill Moliere in the past game and didn't get to do it, this is my chance !

Moliere 

Isgrimnur wrote:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I was hoping to read a little from triggercut today. I'm not really getting any strong feelings. Plenty of little weak ones but nothing I'd feel like staking my reputation on.

Personally, I think I rather like the vote on  Newcastle 

I can see him and scoop having a bit of a bb2112/Remus thing here.