BSG X -Eden -Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Vorret

Re: BSG X -Eden -Day 3

Post by Vorret »

Grund 

RMC next.
Sooo convenient you scanned another dead person, right?
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Vorret wrote: Grund 

RMC next.
Yeah, because as a Wolf that is what I would do. I have just not chosen well.

Remus sent a little barb at me, that I was evil earlier in the game, I thought he might be a wolf playing the long game.

Bad choice again on my part. Sorry.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
stessier

Post by stessier »

bb2112 wrote:
Lassr wrote:
1 Vorret………….
2 BB2112………..
3 Grundbegriff.
4 Moliere……….
5 Triggercut……
6 RMC…………….
7 stessier……….
8 LordMortis….
Guys, we have to be careful today. There are 3 Cylons out of 8 of us left. If we lynch the real Athena today we lose. So let's take our time and talk this out.
You think the real Athena is still alive?

Grund 

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Wonder who will die next night, it won't be RMC since he's a cylon ...

Maybe me :shock:
Isgrimnur wrote:
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

RMC next.
If you're not a Cylon, the. you should point that thing somewhere else. I'm Athena.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Grundbegriff wrote:

RMC next.
If you're not a Cylon, the. you should point that thing somewhere else. I'm Athena.
Sure you are!
Isgrimnur wrote:
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Grundbegriff wrote:Decent chance Unagi was Ellen.
That is what I'm thinking. If Ellen was alive she probably would have blocked the real Athena. Either that or team Cylon saw through that ploy and chose for Ellen to not block anyone. I was really hoping for a block to make this easier today.

The thing is if we choose wrong between Grund and RMC, and one of them is Athena, it is game over. If both are Cylons trying to play us, I am not sure what we are going to do. At some point we are going to have to take a leap of faith and choose a path.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

bb2112 wrote:
That is what I'm thinking. If Ellen was alive she probably would have blocked the real Athena. Either that or team Cylon saw through that ploy and chose for Ellen to not block anyone. I was really hoping for a block to make this easier today.

The thing is if we choose wrong between Grund and RMC, and one of them is Athena, it is game over. If both are Cylons trying to play us, I am not sure what we are going to do. At some point we are going to have to take a leap of faith and choose a path.
I'm killing all of the fake Athena, or anyway trying to.
That's my plan.
Isgrimnur wrote:
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Vorret wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:

RMC next.
Sure you are!
Vorret, unless both RMC and Grund are evil Cylons, you are not going to get to test your theory. The game will be over and we will have lost. Let's talk this out a little more.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Vorret wrote:
bb2112 wrote:

I'm killing all of the fake Athena, or anyway trying to.
That's my plan.
So your leap of faith is that both Athena's are lying and we need to string them both up. As discussed, that is one very real possibility.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

bb2112 wrote: The thing is if we choose wrong between Grund and RMC, and one of them is Athena, it is game over. If both are Cylons trying to play us, I am not sure what we are going to do. At some point we are going to have to take a leap of faith and choose a path.
It's impossible for us both to be evil Cylons. There are 8 people in the game right now. If Unagi wasn't an evil Cylon, then there are 4 evil Cylons in the game right now. And yet the game continues.

It continues because I'm a good Cylon. ;)

Edited for iPhone madness
Last edited by Grundbegriff on Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

stessier wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Lassr wrote:
1 Vorret………….
2 BB2112………..
3 Grundbegriff.
4 Moliere……….
5 Triggercut……
6 RMC…………….
7 stessier……….
8 LordMortis….
Guys, we have to be careful today. There are 3 Cylons out of 8 of us left. If we lynch the real Athena today we lose. So let's take our time and talk this out.
You think the real Athena is still alive?

Grund 

One of them has to go.  Grund 

. Exactly one thing will change my mind on that vote and it's moliere. Well, 2. Helo but if Helo didn't come out for Newcastle and if Helo didn't come out for Unagi then I have >< this much hope for Helo being in hiding.

However, the question is do both Grund and RMC have to go, To me it's beginning to look a lot like I don't think the real Athena is alive and that we have to kill them both and roll the dice.

Trig and BB it's on you whether or not to wait for moliere. I make three and I'm pretty certain RMC will make 4 whenever he gets around to it.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

I think before we go too much further, we should probably ask each of the non-Athena's what their thoughts are on this situation.

Vorret - Thinks both RMC and Grund are evil Cylons and need to swing
Moliere -
Stessier -
Lord Mortis -
Triggercut -
bb2112 -
stessier

Post by stessier »

bb2112 wrote:
Vorret wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:

RMC next.
Sure you are!
Vorret, unless both RMC and Grund are evil Cylons, you are not going to get to test your theory. The game will be over and we will have lost. Let's talk this out a little more.
A corollary to this is that if we lynch Grund and the game continues, he was not Athena. So we have that going for us.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Grundbegriff wrote:It's impossible for us both to be evil Cylons.
What kind of jedi mind trick is that supposed to be?
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Grundbegriff wrote:
bb2112 wrote: The thing is if we choose wrong between Grund and RMC, and one of them is Athena, it is game over. If both are Cylons trying to play us, I am not sure what we are going to do. At some point we are going to have to take a leap of faith and choose a path.
It's impossible for us both to be evil Cylons. There are 8 people in the game right now. If Unagi wasn't an evil Cylon, then there are 4 Cylons in the game right now. And yet the game continues.

It continues because Imy a good Cylon. ;)
No. Wrong. Unagi had to be an evil cylon otherwise the game would be over right now. 4 cylons, 4 humans. There can only be 3 evil cylons left in the game.

You and RMC could both be evil cylons stirring up trouble knowing the real Athena is already dead. It would explain why nobody came out to save Holman when we could have lynched Unagi that day.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Dudes-- I know math is hard, but Ima put this right here again for y'all's edification....
Grundbegriff wrote:
It's impossible for us both to be evil Cylons. There are 8 people in the game right now. If Unagi wasn't an evil Cylon, then there are 4 evil Cylons in the game right now. And yet the game continues.

It continues because I'm a good Cylon. ;)
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Honestly, the only one I can maybe see as the real Athena is RMC but ... I have a hard time believing someone can be THAT unlucky with scans, half of them, maybe but all of his scans pretty much died on the same night, to me, that's way too convenient and slightly hard to believe.

Grund, well he was 3rd in line as far as Athena reveal, for some reason he also survive his first big night as our seer (as well as RMC) and also has a bunch of non-important scan except now claims Stessier is a cylon (he might be, but I doubt it).

I don't really see what good option we have here, we cannot believe any of them, how could we? If we lynch the good Athena we still end up with a Cylon result so we'll never really know so with the info we have I say we lynch Grund, then RMC and gamble on the last kill (assuming we're right and they're both real cylon)
Isgrimnur wrote:
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

bb2112 wrote:I think before we go too much further, we should probably ask each of the non-Athena's what their thoughts are on this situation.

Moliere -
Stessier -
Lord Mortis -
Triggercut -
bb2112 -
Trying to figure out who to kill after Doral explodes?

No matter. I am leaning really strong to both RMC and Grund being evil. Coincidences have stacked all game long like a Lego Tower. Like every day and every night.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

bb2112 wrote: No. Wrong. Unagi had to be an evil cylon otherwise the game would be over right now. 4 cylons, 4 humans. There can only be 3 evil cylons left in the game.

You and RMC could both be evil cylons stirring up trouble knowing the real Athena is already dead.
How would evil Cylons find out such a thing?
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Grundbegriff wrote:
bb2112 wrote: No. Wrong. Unagi had to be an evil cylon otherwise the game would be over right now. 4 cylons, 4 humans. There can only be 3 evil cylons left in the game.

You and RMC could both be evil cylons stirring up trouble knowing the real Athena is already dead.
Ellen
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Unagi obviously wasn't Doral unless he forgot to put an N-1 order but that's borderline impossible

I didn't get an answer on this earlier but if we lynch Daniel, does he come back human or Cylon?
Isgrimnur wrote:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

LordMortis wrote:
bb2112 wrote:I think before we go too much further, we should probably ask each of the non-Athena's what their thoughts are on this situation.

Moliere -
Stessier -
Lord Mortis -
Triggercut -
bb2112 -
Trying to figure out who to kill after Doral explodes?

No matter. I am leaning really strong to both RMC and Grund being evil. Coincidences have stacked all game long like a Lego Tower. Like every day and every night.
With an even number of players, Doral doesn't really matter. It will be one cylon for one human and reduce the pool to 6. We need to go forward and not worry about Doral right now.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Vorret wrote: I don't really see what good option we have here, we cannot believe any of them, how could we? If we lynch the good Athena we still end up with a Cylon result so we'll never really know so with the info we have I say we lynch Grund, then RMC and gamble on the last kill (assuming we're right and they're both real cylon)
Sure you can believe. I've given you an evil Cylon wrapped up in a bow.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Vorret wrote: I don't really see what good option we have here, we cannot believe any of them, how could we? If we lynch the good Athena we still end up with a Cylon result so we'll never really know so with the info we have I say we lynch Grund, then RMC and gamble on the last kill (assuming we're right and they're both real cylon)
Yeah but the problem is I don't trust you or your scans so I'll listen and mingle with the rest of us non Athena.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

bb2112 wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:

Ellen
Ah. Ok, so it's technically possible that RMC and I could be doing some contrived and insidious pas de deux on the grave of pre-scannned, slaughtered Athena. But that's not what's happening. I can assure you that RMC and I are on opposite teams and that I'm the nice one!
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Vorret wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Yeah but the problem is I don't trust you or your scans so I'll listen and mingle with the rest of us non Athena.
Test me via strssier. When he comes back Cylon, what will your theory be? That all the evil Cylons conspired to maintain their cover by systematically killing each other off?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Honestly, if you refuse to see the logic in this, it's hard to avoid supposing that you, RMC, and stessier are in league.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Vorret wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Test me via strssier. When he comes back Cylon, what will your theory be? That all the evil Cylons conspired to maintain their cover by systematically killing each other off?
I like gambling, I really do, but this makes no sense, you're trying to save your own hide and pointing the gun at someone else, my vote stays on you.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Then we've lost the game. Needlessly.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I doubt it!
Isgrimnur wrote:
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Moliere: trusted (power)
Grundbegriff: Athena
stessier: Leoben (Athena-scanned)
RMC: evil (by misbehavior)
Vorret: evil?
triggercut: good (Athena-scanned)
bb2112: good?
LordMortis: good?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Vorret wrote:I didn't get an answer on this earlier but if we lynch Daniel, does he come back human or Cylon?
Cylon
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Hmhmm okay thanks
Isgrimnur wrote:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Case Against RMC:

1. His scans have been EPICALLY bad. I have never seen this while playing WW.

Night 0 - Scanned Scoop - Scoop is killed that night (odds 1 in 195)
Night 1 - Scanned Newcastle - Newcastle is lynched Day 2
Night 2 - Scanned El Guapo - El Guapo is killed Night 3
Night 3 - Scanned Grund - Came up with Loeben - let's shelve that for a minute
Night 4 - Scanned RW - RW is killed that night (odds 1 in 63)

I don't know what the cumulative odds for this scan and almost instantly the scan gets killed but it if f'ing almost impossible. Stess, you are a numbers guy, could you come up the odds? I would really like to know.

2. He could have come out on Day 3 and saved Holman. At that time El G was still alive and he scanned El G the night before, so he could have come out with a proven too. He waited until Day 4 to come out, but by then El G was conveniently dead.

3. The one scan that doesn't die almost instantaneously is Grund. RMC came out early with no pressure on him. Only one of three possibilities.
> RMC is Athena and he really did Scan Grund for Leoben
> RMC is a bad cylon and Ellen found GrundbeAthena that night so RMC is taking a chance knowing that only 1 more miss will mean a village loss. Plus he can actively discredit any Grund scans when Grund comes out as Athena
> RMC is a bad cylon working with Grund to create enough confusion that we somehow trust one of them enough to let live to the end for fearing the last miss scenario

I really can't find anything that says RMC may be telling the truth except for epically bad luck in his scan decisions and then his poor choice to not come out when Unagi claimed Athena. I think the evidence is pretty damning.

Now for Grund.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Sorry, have a meeting. Grund's analysis will have to come afterwards.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Players ----------- Voted For:
1 Vorret…………. Grundbegriff
2 BB2112………..
3 Grundbegriff. stessier
4 Moliere……….
5 Triggercut……
6 RMC…………….
7 stessier………. Grundbegriff
8 LordMortis…. Grundbegriff
Targets ----------- Voters
( stessier………. 1 )--- Grundbegriff
( Grundbegriff. 3 )--- vorret --- stessier --- LordMortis
( )---
( )---
( )---

Deaths
Scoop…………. Stoned (N-0)
No death (D-1)
No death (N-1)
Newcastle…… couldn't take it anymore (D-2)
Chaosraven… blown (N-2)
tru1cy…………. poked (N-2)
Holman……….. Oops(D-3)
El Guapo…….. No head(N-3)
Unagi………….. deactivated (D-4)
Remus West.. split(N-4)

Majority = 5
Deadline is: August 5th
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

bb2112 wrote:Case Against RMC:

1. His scans have been EPICALLY bad. I have never seen this while playing WW.

Night 0 - Scanned Scoop - Scoop is killed that night (odds 1 in 195)
Night 1 - Scanned Newcastle - Newcastle is lynched Day 2
Night 2 - Scanned El Guapo - El Guapo is killed Night 3
Night 3 - Scanned Grund - Came up with Loeben - let's shelve that for a minute
Night 4 - Scanned RW - RW is killed that night (odds 1 in 63)

I don't know what the cumulative odds for this scan and almost instantly the scan gets killed but it if f'ing almost impossible. Stess, you are a numbers guy, could you come up the odds? I would really like to know.
Yeah...no. :)

Your analysis missed another strike against RMC. Think about it after you finish with Grund.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Grund 

I am a good guy, with bad luck in my scans. But I did find one Cylon, - Grund.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

RMC wrote: Grund 

I am a good guy, with bad luck in my scans. But I did find one Cylon, - Grund.
You're only just now voting against me?

Had to confer first?