BSG X -Eden -Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Chaosraven

Re: BSG X -Eden -Day 1- Game On

Post by Chaosraven »

Actually as long as Scoop wasn't Starbuck, it gives her a Proven to do the Chicken Dance with. She can protect herself or a target, but not on consecutive nights. So this allows a back and forth. She doesn't want to randomly protect due to the 2nd time killed protecting a toaster.

It also gives Athena someone to avoid scanning as we have a proven.
Assuming Athena wasn't Scoop and didn't scan Scoop or Moliere, we have that going for us.

So not a waste.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

uh, I mean, what?

Lynch Newcastle, yeah dawg.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

/finishes shining Sabrina,
/coos

"You're such pretty, pretty airlock, am so so sorry. You'll be used soon, your turn is coming. NO it's not that you weren't pretty enough. You had wonderful shine, your knobs were upright, your doors were so alluring and that locking mechanism is so out of this world. I promise you. "

/looks at Moliere
/pats him on the back
/passes him his dry cleaning
"Got that uniform all pressed up nicely for you. Kind of felt bad using you as a bib. Anyway..yes, you are special. Glad that's been proven. You've done a great service to the fleet for taking one for the team. Thank you. I know you might feel a bit raw, BUT short of nabbing a cylon, that was probably the best outcome we could have hoped for. No other specials were outted and it gives our night operatives a bit more time to work. "

Sooo...can we go after Unagi tomorrow? See I've got this bread here, and it's like a diving rod, each time i turn, it tries to pull me in Unagi's direction.

I would like to see a wee bit more discussion also.

/wanders off
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Chaosraven wrote:uh, I mean, what?

Lynch Newcastle, yeah dawg.
:snooty:
Bayraktar!!!!

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

El Guapo wrote:
tru1cy wrote:
RMC wrote:
Moliere wrote:
Holman wrote:Does that put Moliere at n-2?
I'm special.
You said that. Your only power is you survive a lynch. So to test you we lynch you.

Unless I am missing something.
You're not missing anything and his reticence is speaking volumes. His only use is to give us a proven good.
The new "I'm special" post is clearly a joke.
Thank you for getting it. :clap:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Lassr

Re: BSG X -Eden -Night 1- Game On

Post by Lassr »

Rules Clarification:

Daniel plants a bomb in a room to blow someone up at night. Starbuck is only safe if she is out of her room protecting someone else. If she protects herself then she is in the room with the bomb. Protecting herself only works against the normal Cylon night kill not Daniel's bomb. This is the ONLY situation that her protection will not protect her.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Lassr wrote:Rules Clarification:

Daniel plants a bomb in a room to blow someone up at night. Starbuck is only safe if she is out of her room protecting someone else. If she protects herself then she is in the room with the bomb. Protecting herself only works against the normal Cylon night kill not Daniel's bomb. This is the ONLY situation that her protection will not protect her.
So if she is protecting say Moliere tonight and Daniel plants the bomb he'll get both of them?
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

tru1cy wrote:

So if she is protecting say Moliere tonight and Daniel plants the bomb he'll get both of them?
No. When Starbuck protects she is not sitting with them.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Update coming when I get out of my meeting this morning.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lassr wrote:
tru1cy wrote:

No. When Starbuck protects she is not sitting with them.
If Daniel misses with his bomb (due to targeting someone protected by Starbuck, or targeting Starbuck while she is out protecting someone) is it used up? Also, do we get any sort of alert or news if that happens (e.g., "there is a loud explosion, but everyone's ok")?
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

It is used up. The room they should have been in will be a mess though and they will need a new room for the next night so yes everyone will know.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Everyone was more prompt for the breakfast assembly this morning. Everyone was anxious to see if anything happened last night.
The group began munching on fruit and looking around. “Where is Triggercut?” BB2112 yells.
“Over here.” Triggercut is seen sitting on a rock under an overgrown tree.
“Moliere, Moliere is gone.” RMC says as he heads off to look for him and as he reenters the ruins he crashes into Moliere. “Oh, there you are.”
“Yea sorry. Some of that fruit does not agree with my digestive system. So do not go in that last room in the center corridor.”
“Frak dude, we have a whole jungle to use.”
“Sorry, it was a rather urgent need.”
As the crowd ate and took inventory of the people there they realized no one was missing. But everyone knew there was still a Cylon amongst them.

Players ----------- Voted For:
1 Newcastle……
2 Remus West..
3 Vorret………….
4 Chaosraven…
5 BB2112………..
6 El Guapo……..
7 Unagi…………..
8 Grundbegriff.
9 Holman………..
10 Moliere……….
11 Triggercut……
12 RMC…………….
13 tru1cy………….
14 stessier……….
15 LordMortis….
Targets ----------- Voters
( )---
( )---
( )---
( )---
( )---

Deaths
Scoop…………. Stoned

Majority = 8
Deadline is: July 29th 7PM CDT
Last edited by Lassr on Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lassr wrote:0600
But everyone knew there was style a Cylon amongst them.
Just how fashionable is this Cylon? Could Scoop have beat them? :D Think you meant still.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Re: BSG X -Eden -Day 2- Game On

Post by Newcastle »

Ooh oooh and first!
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Newcastle wrote:
Lassr wrote:0600
But everyone knew there was style a Cylon amongst them.
Just how fashionable is this Cylon? Could Scoop have beat them? :D Think you meant still.
dyac!

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Nice! This means that Starbuck successfully protected someone, right? Looking at the rules there seems to be no other way to not have a night kill?

Either that or maybe there aren't any cylons around here after all. Maybe Scoop was a tragic accident.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

This is awesome! Way to go Starbuck!
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

El Guapo wrote:Nice! This means that Starbuck successfully protected someone, right? Looking at the rules there seems to be no other way to not have a night kill?

Either that or maybe there aren't any cylons around here after all. Maybe Scoop was a tragic accident.
Daniel... Now has to find and read through the rule again. I hate you.
– She can protect one person per night. She can protect the same player more than once but NOT on consecutive nights. She may choose to protect herself or no one (protecting herself does not protect Starbuck from Daniel's bomb).
If cylons attack Daniel at night, cylons will be informed they found Daniel and will be able to PM with Daniel for the remainder of the game.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

No edits to reading again
There will be no kill that night but the Cylons will learn the identity of a least 1 citizen. (if no citizens are left then you will learn nothing).
Seem pretty important to consider.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

LordMortis wrote:No edits to reading again
There will be no kill that night but the Cylons will learn the identity of a least 1 citizen. (if no citizens are left then you will learn nothing).
Seem pretty important to consider.
Ohhhh good catch. So Starbuck may not have successfully protected - this could also be the cylons hitting on Daniel.
Black Lives Matter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

All that said, my guess is Starbuck protected moliere but it's not impossible that this was not the case.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

LordMortis wrote:All that said, my guess is Starbuck protected moliere but it's not impossible that this was not the case.
Yeah, odds of the cylons hitting Daniel on night 1 are low (unless Daniel's been dropping hints that the cylons picks up on but I haven't, which is possible), so I agree - probably a Moliere clash but Daniel's definitely a possibility.

Actually I suppose Ellen could have found Daniel on night 0, which would raise the odds of this being Daniel, but still somewhat unlikely.
Black Lives Matter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Anyhow, I'm ready for the day to begin. There are worse things that could happen than having one citizen and zero cylons die with a known living over the course of 3 chances at shots.

Personally, I think I rather like the vote on  Newcastle 

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I always knew you liked me LM.
Bayraktar!!!!

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Newcastle wrote:I always knew you liked me LM.
I like you too!

Newcastle 

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
RMC

Post by RMC »

Moliere wrote:
Newcastle wrote:I always knew you liked me LM.
I like you too!

Newcastle 

I'm not feeling Newcastle, I think he is acting way to out there to be a Cylon.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
stessier

Post by stessier »

tru1cy 

He knows way too much about small household appliances.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Holman

Post by Holman »

Why Newcastle?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Players ----------- Voted For:
1 Newcastle……
2 Remus West..
3 Vorret………….
4 Chaosraven…
5 BB2112………..
6 El Guapo……..
7 Unagi…………..
8 Grundbegriff.
9 Holman………..
10 Moliere………. Newcastle
11 Triggercut……
12 RMC…………….
13 tru1cy………….
14 stessier………. tru1cy
15 LordMortis…. Newcastle
Targets ----------- Voters
( Newcastle…… 2 )--- LordMortis --- Moliere
( tru1cy…………. 1 )--- stessier
( )---
( )---
( )---

Deaths
Scoop…………. Stoned

Majority = 8
Deadline is: July 29th 7PM CDT

Black Lives Matter
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I'm going to re-read this thread again, but I want to see if anyone was trying to suggest they are special to draw the cylon's attention. No one jumps at me yet as being obvious, but that the only place I see as a starting point before laying down a vote
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Hmmm so which one to poke...which one to poke? Do i poke the bear, the shark or the great whale WHich one..eenie meenie...minnie.....ah what the heck

[acuse] grund [/accuse]

am sure this poke wont work; he tends to ignore me.....but lets see him bring his big brain to bear on this little feral toaster problem we have here.

/looks at Moliere

Really wish you could make toast for us. But it's not to be.
Bayraktar!!!!

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Holman wrote:Why Newcastle?
Out the special then follow unagi's pick. We took a detour yesterday and while it didn't suck, and combined with last night, hopefully helped Athena start assembling a truth table for us.... and while it didn't suck... the formula is out the special and then follow rainm... unagi.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle wrote: [acuse] grund [/accuse]
You know that didn't work, right?
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

LordMortis wrote:
Out the special then follow unagi's pick. We took a detour yesterday and while it didn't suck, and combined with last night, hopefully helped Athena start assembling a truth table for us.... and while it didn't suck... the formula is out the special and then follow rainm... unagi.

so youre saying yesterday didn't suck? ANd wow...didnt realize i had the power to out specials all....on...my....own...helluva power i must say. Dont you? And yesterday was a win for the good guys. We didn't out any of our own specials (except moliere- who if you think about it is really an extra HP for the village & well the bad guy scan). But...everyone else pushed for him to reveal once he said it. What other way should it be played.

You realize he came after me first right? SO i responded in kind, not my fault a train built on him. Its not as if I was really pushing for him. I do consider it lucky we got him. And am almost thinking he's got to eb our lynch tonight simply to prevent that scan from falling into the toasters hands.

And hwo did i follow unagi's pick? Or do you mean YOU are following UNagi's pick...are you two toasters...c'mon you can tell me!!!!

OH and
 GRUND 

Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

tru1cy wrote:I'm going to re-read this thread again, but I want to see if anyone was trying to suggest they are special to draw the cylon's attention. No one jumps at me yet as being obvious, but that the only place I see as a starting point before laying down a vote
as an aside...
by the way truicy two GIant thumbs up on the participation. You've historically been quite. Love hearing what you have to say. Wish this new and improved truicy would come out of retirement and hang with the WW players a bit. Anyway, am sure wishful thinking
Bayraktar!!!!

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Newcastle wrote:
LordMortis wrote:

so youre saying yesterday didn't suck? ANd wow...didnt realize i had the power to out specials all....on...my....own...helluva power i must say. Dont you? And yesterday was a win for the good guys. We didn't out any of our own specials (except moliere- who if you think about it is really an extra HP for the village & well the bad guy scan). But...everyone else pushed for him to reveal once he said it. What other way should it be played.

You realize he came after me first right? SO i responded in kind, not my fault a train built on him. Its not as if I was really pushing for him. I do consider it lucky we got him. And am almost thinking he's got to eb our lynch tonight simply to prevent that scan from falling into the toasters hands.

And hwo did i follow unagi's pick? Or do you mean YOU are following UNagi's pick...are you two toasters...c'mon you can tell me!!!!

OH and
 GRUND 

You are the guy from NIN's "Get Down Make Love" cover intro.

I can respect that.
so youre saying yesterday didn't suck?
Coulda been a whole lot worse. While I don't really understand about how we got moliere, we got to stalemate on day one. Not the best. Normally I would rather hunt than stalemate... But stalemating got us known. A known whom starbuck presumably protected, which hopefully brought Athena a free day in hunting. Out of three likely BSG kills, one actually happened. Now would I prefer 0 and cylon?, yes, but that wasn't an option.
Nd wow...didnt realize i had the power to out specials all....on...my....own...helluva power i must say. Dont you?
Never said you did. Collectively, we outed a special.
You realize he came after me first right?
I wasn't even considering that. My vote comes literally from.
Unagi wrote:I was hoping to read a little from triggercut today. I'm not really getting any strong feelings. Plenty of little weak ones but nothing I'd feel like staking my reputation on.

Personally, I think I rather like the vote on  Newcastle 

I can see him and scoop having a bit of a bb2112/Remus thing here.
And hwo did i follow unagi's pick?
I think that's where the confusion lies. I'm following unagi's pick. From the last like four games I have played, the rule is 1) out a special. 2) choose unagi's pick and kill a... wolf, imperial, assassin, cylon, etc...
Holman

Post by Holman »

I'm long past being able to play the InnocentNewbie card, but I still don't get all the references. When Unagi says,
Unagi wrote:I can see him and scoop having a bit of a bb2112/Remus thing here.
what does it mean?

Is there a Wiki?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

People mess with each other, in a friendly manner

'the Detroit crew' all mess with each other. I may be wrong, but I don't think he's 'detroit', but RMC has worked himself into it.
Bb2112 and Remus , Detroit crew (also CR and LM)

Recently there has been a friendly 'gotcha' thing with Newcastle, regarding 'scooping', and Scoop.

Anyhow , that's what I was saying. I also feel his play stood out a bit to me, especially in contrast to his "let the brains figure it out" aditude he had last game as a good guy. 'Roleplay' Newcastle is often 'good'. Agressive Newcaslte is often not.

In any case, today, I'm very much thinking we need to lynch Newcastle.

Newcastle 

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Just so you don't think I'm ultra silent, I'm on mini vacation, ending tonight, I'll re-read everything tomorrow morning with coffee instead of wine tonight
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.