Moderator: Zaxxon

Chaosraven

JLA The Revenge of the Crime Syndicate GAMEOVER

Post by Chaosraven »

BEEP BEEP BEEP

MESSAGE ALERT

BEEP BEEP BEEP

WE'RE BAAAAAAAACK...
Last edited by Chaosraven on Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:37 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Re: JLA The Revenge of the Crime Syndicate

Post by Chaosraven »

Roles and Rules

================================

Players:

The Number of Heroes will be: 3-4
The Number of Villains will be: 2-3

DEATH REVEALS: If Both Atom and Batman are in the Game, Hero Special Ability Kills will reveal VILLAIN/NORMAL/HERO. Otherwise Only LYNCHES reveal VILLAIN/NORMAL/HERO.

THE HEROES
Miracle Man - the FIRST time he dies, will come back to life the Following same Phase (ie if Killed at Night, rises the Next Night, if DAY, the next DAY)

Rocket Red - If Attacked by the Villains, will CONVERT to Villain (Replacing the Kill). If a Special Ability used by a Villain would Kill RR, he is instead CONVERTED to Villain. If One of the Hawks is a VILLAIN, the ability counts as VILLAINOUS.

Superman - Superman cannot be Lynched the FIRST time. An attempt to do so will reveal Superman to all and does count as the lynch that day. When Superman has been revealed in this fashion, he can use his X-Ray vision to identify (Role) the First Player that voted for him. Superman can still be killed at Night by the Villains (they have Kryptonite Bullets), but CANNOT be converted to Harley Quinn unless NEGATED by SInestros Ring.

Wonder Woman - Each night, Wonder Woman can compel truth regarding the Role of any other Player. If that Player is targeted for attack by the Villains that evening, the attack will fail. Wonder Woman cannot check the same Player twice in the Game.

Batman - (Batman has additional abilities if one of the Villains is Two-Face) Batman will be given the numeric breakdown of Hero, Villain, Normal each morning (and begins with Initial Count). Batman may research the Role of one dead player each Night.

Green Arrow - has a Single Arrow. Green Arrow must PM his intent prior to majority vote to use his arrow during the Day. If Green Arrow shoots either a Hero or a Villain that Player will die. If Green Arrow shoots a Normal, that player will not die and the target is PROTECTED that Night. Use of the Arrow does Not Reveal Green Arrow.

Martian Manhunter - Martian Manhunter has Telepathy and must contact One Other Player each Night. He may contact the same person on consecutive nights. If either Martian Manhunter or his Contact are killed by the Villains that Night, both will die. If one is protected the protection does not extend to the other.

Green Lantern - Green Lantern may use his Ring, either during the Day or the Night. He chooses a Target and that Players Abilities are negated during that phase. Green Lantern may only use his Ring three times, but may use multiple charges in a single phase. Use of the Ring does Not Reveal Green Lantern. If Sinestro is in the game, Green Lantern will be informed if Sinestro uses his Ring. **if Sinestro and Green Lantern target each other BOTH PLAYERS will DIE in a PUBLIC REVEAL of identity and Battle

Wonder Twins (if one, both exist) - the Wonder Twins may communicate with each other at all times. Undervote: if both WT vote for the same person, the second vote will not count (this will show in the vote COUNT, but both names will be there). Overvote: if one of the WT dies, the living WT voting has 2 Votes (auto-applied to same Lynch choice).

Elongated Man - Ralph will elude the first attack against him at Night. The Villains will not be told why it failed, but EM will be informed.

Doctor Fate - each night Doctor Fate can choose to either (1) Scan a Player for their Role, or (2) PM any Player a Single Word (this will done through the moderator, who will identify Doctor Fate to the recipient). When killed at Night, allowed one MINDBURST - Single PM Maximum Five Words to a Single Living Player passed through Moderator.

The Flash - the Flash may Protect another Player from the Villains at Night. The Flash may not protect the Same Player on consecutive Nights.

Captain Marvel - may Reveal himself at any time during the game by notifying the Moderator he wishes to. A post will be made by the moderator during that Phase. SHAZAM!

Hawkman and Hawkwoman (if one, both exist): Know the identity of the other. May declare in PUBLIC to kill one other Player during the Day if BOTH are alive.

Atom: unless his identity is Known/Verified cannot be killed at Night. If the Atom asserts his identity in public, he is Known. If the Atom is Scanned by a Player, the Members of the Scanning Players side have Verified him and may ignore his ability. Each Night, can Identify one Corpse (and will know if Parasite has Drained it)

Zatanna: her mystic abilities will reveal to her ONE HERO and ONE NORMAL at game start. She will be informed of their Roles and Names.

Black Canary: immune to Villainous Special Abilities (Brainiac will count her as Normal, Sinestro will waste a Charge, Lex Luthor will be informed she is Normal, Riddler may not ask about "Black Canary", Jokers Bomb will fizzle if she is targeted, cannot be converted to Harley-attempt will cause the effect to be used up, and Parasite will be informed NO POWER)

-------------------------------------------------

NORMALS
Normals - no special abilities.

-------------------------------------------------

THE VILLAINS

Brainiac - Knows the TOTAL of Heroes/Normals/Villains

Sinestro - Sinestro may use his Ring, either during the Day or the Night. He chooses a Target and that Players Abilities are negated during that phase. Sinestro may only use his Ring two times, but may use both charges in a single phase. Use of the Ring does Not Reveal Sinestro to the Public, only to Green Lantern. Sinestro will know if Green Lantern is in the Game. **if Sinestro and Green Lantern target each other BOTH PLAYERS will DIE in a PUBLIC REVEAL of identity and Battle

Lex Luthor - Lex may discover the identity of one Player at Night. As long as Lex is alive the Villains will learn the identity of any Player the Villains kill at Night.

Riddler - When DAY starts, the Riddler may send a Question to the Mod in the form of "Is X Y" where X is a Player and Y is a Hero Role". If the answer is Yes, the Riddler may ask again. This continues until the Riddler gets a No answer. Riddler receives the Role of any Hero killed by any Means

Two-Face - Harvey Dent will scan as Normal, both for Lynching and for Powers unless Batman is alive and in the Game. In the event he is Lynched, Batman will get a PM that he was Two-Face. In the event a Power identifies him, Batman will get the Truth. If Harvey Dent is shot by the Green Arrow, he will survive and be identified as Normal (Batman will receive his true identity)

Killer Croc - if Scanned by Wonder Woman/Doctor Fate, he will kill Wonder Woman/Doctor Fate (this replaces the Night Kill, and is not affected by Protection). If shot by Green Arrow, he will die, but will also kill Green Arrow. NO FORM OF PROTECTION WILL STOP KILLER CROC'S ABILITY (other than Green Lantern Negation)

Joker - the Joker has a bomb. A very nasty Bomb. If Lynched, the Joker may use the bomb to kill any one Player of his choosing. If alive, may convert any Player to Harley Quin once per game instead of them being killed at Night (this can override Killer Croc if Night Kill target doesn't Change)

Harley Quinn - Harley retains Original Powers of her Original Role. Will Scan as Villain/Harley Quinn. If killed, reveal is Villain.

Clayface: Each Day or Night, choose a ROLE (Normal, Named Hero, Named Villain) that he SCANS as. If that ROLE is in the Game, Clayface will be informed, but not who it is. If Killed by any means, result will be CLAYFACE

Parasite: At Night chooses a Dead Player, has use of a Dead Players power the next chosen PHASE (Day/Night) (chooses Dead Player and is informed of POWER and given the choice to use That Next DAY or NIGHT, if no POWER, informed NONE, corpses may only be used once each). It does not matter if the Corpse used their Power, Parasite may still use it. Yes, if Parasite drains the JOKER he can create a SECOND HARLEY QUINN.

=====================================

Night Activity:

Green Lantern/Sinestro may use his Ring to negate a Players Powers during that phase.

Batman and Atom may scan a Corpse for ID

Clayface chooses a Role to emulate (Possible Knowledge)

Wonder Woman *may* Lasso one other Player she has not already Compelled. If that Player is the Target of the Villains that night, the attack will Fail. Neither Wonder Woman nor the Target will be notified.

Martian Manhunter must contact One Other Player each Night. He may contact the same person on consecutive nights. If either is the KILL TARGET of the Villains, both will Die that Night.
*MUST contact the Player
**if the actual target is Protected the attack is prevented
*** in the event the Target is unprotected, the Lasso will save the Protected Connected
**** in the event the Contact is a Villain, the Villain *WILL* die if Martian Manhunter dies
***** if either is Converted by Joker, the other is unaffected.

Doctor Fate chooses to (1) Scan a Player for their Role, or (2) PM

Flash may Protect another Player

Captain Marvel - may Reveal himself

Lex Luthor may discover the identity of one Player at Night by submitting a Scan.

Parasite chooses a Dead Player to drain.

Villains submit an Attack.
***** If Joker is alive, may convert a Player to Harley Quinn once per game, option will be presented upon a Successful Attack.
((Villains are informed "Attack Failed" but not why. The only info from "Attack Failed" are in the event the Target was Elongated Man or Atom, and that info is given only to the Hero.))

Any player may post in the thread whatever they wish during the Night.
PM: the Wonder Twins may PM at all times.
PM: the Villains may PM at all times.
PM: Martian Manhunter and his Contact may PM as soon as Night has begun, but must stop if either are killed or when Day Begins.
PM: Doctor Fate may give a single word to the Moderator to be sent to a Player of his choice.
No other Players are allowed to PM each other during the Game.

Day Activity:
Voting is by Actual Majority, once reached votes may not be Withdrawn and any added will not count.

Brainiac/Batman receives Count.

Riddler may send a Question (possibly repeatedly)

Green Arrow may PM his intent prior to majority vote to use his one arrow during the Day.

Green Lantern/Sinestro may use his Ring to negate a Players Powers during that phase.

Captain Marvel - may Reveal himself

Clayface - choose a Role to emulate (Possible Knowledge)

PM: the Wonder Twins may PM at all times.
PM: the Villains may PM at all times.

=========================================================

What happens when the Green Lantern/Sinestro chooses me?
Miracle Man - stays Dead if killed that Phase.
Rocket Red - dies instead of Converting. Reveals as Hero.
Superman - if Day: a Lynch will be Successful, and his identity will not be revealed.
Wonder Woman - if Night: Compulsion will be Null. No Scan, No Protection, and that Player will be considered to have been "previously chosen".
Batman - if Night: No Count given. No ID
Green Arrow - if Day: Arrow use ineligible that Day.
Martian Manhunter - if Night: if Contact already made, must cease. Broken connection will not result in Paired Death.
Wonder Twins - must Cease PM Contact. Other twin will still be allowed to send One Way Messages, but affected Twin may not respond by PM.
Elongated Man - Ralph will die during a Villain Attack
Doctor Fate - receive no result of his scan. Use of the Ring will NOT stop him from using his PM ability (or MINDBURST)
The Flash - may not protect, target is not considered consecutive for next night protection
Captain Marvel - reveal will fail
Hawkman or Hawkwoman - if Day, attack will FAIL.
Atom - if Night, can be killed at Night, and ID will fail.
Zatanna - no effect
Black Canary - charge is wasted to no effect

((GREEN LANTERN VS SINESTRO)): NEGATION CANCELED, UNLESS TARGETING EACH OTHER**

Braniac - no effect
Lex Luthor - if Night: Scan will be Blocked. Will not learn identity of Player the Villains kill at Night.
Riddler - No info on Hero killed. If Day: no further answers
Two-Face - will scan as normal during that phase
Killer Croc - will not trigger the kill
Joker - May not use Bomb if Day, May not Convert if Night.
Harley Quinn - loses use of Powers as above.
Clayface - will scan as Clayface
Parasite - loss of Drained Power
Last edited by Chaosraven on Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

PLAYERS
1 Vorret
2 Grundbegriff
3 Holman
4 El Guapo
5 triggercut
6 RMC
7 moliere
8 Remus West
9 stessier
10 lassr
11 bb2112
12 unagi
Last edited by Chaosraven on Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:33 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

FAQ

JLA Mystery Games are designed to have Multiple Mysteries involved.
How many HERO and VILLAIN and NORMAL exist is a random and unknown quantity.
Which Roles are actually being used is a random and unknown quality.

There may be Roles that give players this information.

The Number of Heroes will be given as a range from a minimum to a maximum.
The Number of Villains will be given as a range from a minimum to a maximum.

These numbers will include Rolled Pairs among Heroes, but will not include Potential Additions to the Villains from Conversions.
Last edited by Chaosraven on Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Where are you off to?"

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

First in!
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Excellent!

Unfortunately I'm going out of town for a week+ in the middle of the month (Aug 13-21). I'm guessing that's too long an absence, as I'll have very little internet access.

I'd love to play, but I don't want to be AFK and throw off the game.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

In!
Black Lives Matter.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Sure, these are fun!
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
RMC

Post by RMC »

In. But I go on vacation to the land of the mouse on the 8th until the 18th. So if that will create an issue, then you might not want to include me.

I will have internet access, but only at night during vacation. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

As I work days and don't have internet access at work, I will only be checking in during the night myself.
"Where are you off to?"

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Enlarge Image
Can I play Censored? I hear he has awesome powers. :dance:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

In
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stessier

Post by stessier »

Sure, I'm in.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote:Image
:text-yeahthat:
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

bb2112 wrote:
Lassr wrote:Image
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Holman wrote:Excellent!

Unfortunately I'm going out of town for a week+ in the middle of the month (Aug 13-21). I'm guessing that's too long an absence, as I'll have very little internet access.

I think you should play. It is not like we haven't worked around people's absences before and at least we know what is coming. And if you can make it on a few times while you are gone, I doubt anyone will notice too much. :twocents-02cents:
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Holman

Post by Holman »

bb2112 wrote:
Holman wrote:Excellent!

I think you should play. It is not like we haven't worked around people's absences before and at least we know what is coming. And if you can make it on a few times while you are gone, I doubt anyone will notice too much. :twocents-02cents:
Well, during that span (Aug 13-21) I'll be in a house without internet and with low bars for my phone. I find using my tiny-screen phone tedious anyway, but I'll make the effort. If folks don't mind me being less involved for that period, I'll happily join

IN! 

stessier

Post by stessier »

I'm travelling for work this week. I should have pretty good access, but I fly Tues and Fri, so my participation will be quite low those days.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I will check back after dinner for anyone else, or we will start with 12
"Where are you off to?"

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

One of these days I'll jump into one of these... One of these days......
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I call dibs on Red Rocket.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Chaosraven wrote:I will check back after dinner for anyone else, or we will start with 12
You could probably get hepcat to sign up if you added Paste Pot Pete and/or Bat Mite.
Black Lives Matter.
RMC

Post by RMC »

El Guapo wrote:I call dibs on Red Rocket.
Dude.... That was such a good spoof!
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

That might not be something you want dibs on:
Spoiler:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

RMC wrote:
Dude.... That was such a good spoof!
I know - he has subtle yet powerful abilities.
Black Lives Matter.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

ROLES HAVE BEEN SENT.

NIGHT ZERO TO COMMENCE AFTER ALL PMs RECEIVED
"Where are you off to?"

Holman

Post by Holman »

I might have missed it in the list, so I want to ask,

Are the roles included in the game totally random, or are some guaranteed to be present?
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

If you're still accepting players then I'm in.
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Checking in
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I am here as well.
Black Lives Matter.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I've been here all along
Isgrimnur wrote:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I'm here.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

So, this is totally blind then, is that right? with conversions.
RMC

Post by RMC »

WooHoo... Checkin In!
Chaosraven

Re: JLA The Revenge of the Crime Syndicate NIGHT 0

Post by Chaosraven »

IT IS NIGHT.

Players with Orders, please get them in.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

"Where are you off to?"

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

:coffee: :sleeping-blue: :sleeping-sleep: :sleeping-sleeping: :sleeping-yellow:
Isgrimnur wrote:
Holman

Post by Holman »

Enlarge Image