JLA The Revenge of the Crime Syndicate GAMEOVER

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Moliere

Re: JLA The Revenge of the Crime Syndicate DAY TWO

Post by Moliere »

Unagi wrote:
triggercut wrote:I very strongly suspect that we are about to discover that Moliere was exactly as he claimed himself to be: a mere regular normie.
Why 'very strongly' ?
I'm half expecting 'Joker'
Then the joke's on you. :wink:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Unagi wrote:The double kill is huge, no way that is passed up. Right ?
I can think of two scenarios on why that would be passed up.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Lassr wrote: Moliere at least gets me more info on whether there was a conversion or did Unagi protect El Guapo on night 2.
I don't follow that last part.
I can guarantee that Unagi did not protect me on night 2, since that hasn't happened yet (but it is about to).
You guys and your new way to count. The 2nd night of the game which i guess would be night 1 if you are using night 0 as night 1.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

bb2112 wrote:
Lassr wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Thanks guys. I'm glad I spent all that time putting together those charts everyone ignored. :roll:
I didn't ignore it, I just wasn't about to start a vote on myself. :P That would have told me nothing.

Moliere at least gets me more info on whether there was a conversion or did Unagi protect El Guapo on night 2.
I don't follow either part.
everyone keeps assuming there was a conversion. Low odds that Joker is in the game but we "know" we have a hero in the game that can protect (WW/Unagi). If Joker's participation is truly random then I think the odds lean toward Unagi protecting El Guapo more than a conversion so eliminating Moliere gets us a step closer to seeing if the 2 or 3 bad guys are truly the 3 unprovens left.

If they are not and we have a master plan being played out by the bad guys then kudos to them. And yes I remember Mara Jade which proves anything can happen no matter how miniscule the odds.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

bb2112 wrote:
Lassr wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Thanks guys. I'm glad I spent all that time putting together those charts everyone ignored. :roll:
I didn't ignore it, I just wasn't about to start a vote on myself. :P That would have told me nothing.

Moliere at least gets me more info on whether there was a conversion or did Unagi protect El Guapo on night 2.
I don't follow either part.
either part? Well the first part is I know I am not converted so killing me proves nothing to me. But I was willing to sacrifice if it helped everyone else (too late now though).

I explained my thinking on the other part above. Odds favor the last bad guys being in the 3 unprovens, so I am just playing the odds at the moment since we do not know which roles are in the game.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote: Moliere at least gets me more info on whether there was a conversion
Lassr wrote: Well the first part is I know I am not converted so killing me proves nothing to me. But I was willing to sacrifice if it helped everyone else (too late now though).
That doesn't jive, but I don't think it is a "gotcha, you must be evil" mistake either. The comment and explanation doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Killing Moliere does nothing to prove a conversion one way or another.

Even killing you doesn't prove a conversion if you turned up evil. As you point out there is a small chance Joker is in the game and the bigger odds are he is not. I was just trying to protect against the one scenario that would most likely see us lose when we get to 4 people left in the village if it isn't already over by then.

Barring a conversion of a known, this game is pretty much wrapped up for the good guys.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

bb2112 wrote: That doesn't jive, but I don't think it is a "gotcha, you must be evil" mistake either. The comment and explanation doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Killing Moliere does nothing to prove a conversion one way or another.
I didn't say it proved there was a conversion, I said it was step closer than killing me in my eyes. And when I say conversion, it really is finding the number of bad guys in the game, conversion or not since that can very from 2 to 3 to start.

Black Lives Matter
Chaosraven

Re: JLA The Revenge of the Crime Syndicate

Post by Chaosraven »

VOTES
0 Vorret -----------
1 Grundbegriff ------ moliere
0 El Guapo -------
0 triggercut ------
5 moliere --------- vorret. grundbegriff, unagi, lassr, el guapo
0 stessier
0 lassr
0 bb2112 ----------
0 unagi ------------

------------
Majority is Five

VOTING CLOSED
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

As the tide turned his way, Moliere gave a sickening grin.

The lights dimmed and he gave a sigh.

MOLIERE WAS NORMAL

"I am *not* cleaning that up" thought Aquaman.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

IT IS NIGHT

Players with Night Orders, please get them in.
"Where are you off to?"

El Guapo

Re: JLA The Revenge of the Crime Syndicate NIGHT TWO

Post by El Guapo »

:?
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Unagi, any last words?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

"good luck!" sounds nice and cliché (also, I don't like games with conversions).
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I will also add that I totally thought I was getting the bomb:
Moliere wrote:
Unagi wrote:
triggercut wrote:I very strongly suspect that we are about to discover that Moliere was exactly as he claimed himself to be: a mere regular normie.
Why 'very strongly' ?
I'm half expecting 'Joker'
Then the joke's on you. :wink:
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

I'm normal, so if I survive the night, you should off me tomorrow in order to clarify the situation.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Note: If there was a conversion then that means the Joker would have to be Grund or BB or RMC.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote:Note: If there was a conversion then that means the Joker would have to be Grund or BB or RMC.
Or you.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

bb2112 wrote:
Lassr wrote:Note: If there was a conversion then that means the Joker would have to be Grund or BB or RMC.
Or you.
In your head, not mine.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Or you.
In your head, not mine.
Regardless, it is still a possibility and should not be ignored.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

:pop:
"Where are you off to?"

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Those baddies sure are taking their sweet sweet time again, geez
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I think the Syndicate's plan is to let old age run it's course.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Chaosraven

Re: JLA The Revenge of the Crime Syndicate DAY THREE

Post by Chaosraven »

In the morning, the League is horrified to find a Duo of Death.

TRIGGERCUT and UNAGI are Dead
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

VOTES
0 Vorret -----------
0 Grundbegriff ------
0 El Guapo -------
0 stessier
0 lassr
0 bb2112 ----------

------------
Majority is Four
"Where are you off to?"

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Chaosraven wrote:

That is unexpected. Trig would not have been dumb enough to contact Unagi. That seems too crazy. What other scenario would cause a double death??? :shock:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:

That is unexpected. Trig would not have been dumb enough to contact Unagi. That seems too crazy. What other scenario would cause a double death??? :shock:
Seems crazy, but I'm not sure there's any other explanation. I'll have to double-check the suite of hero powers, but I'm pretty sure that's the only possibility. On the plus side, I suppose this proves that Triggercut was Martian Manhunter. Not that there was much doubt about that, but still.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

I just read through the roles and I didn't see anything that could cause a double death but MM. If Trig was good, why would he contact Unagi? If Trig was converted, why would the villains set up a scenario that would kill him too?

Martian Manhunter - Martian Manhunter has Telepathy and must contact One Other Player each Night. He may contact the same person on consecutive nights. If either Martian Manhunter or his Contact are killed by the Villains that Night, both will die. If one is protected the protection does not extend to the other.

What am I missing here?
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Chaosraven wrote:VOTES
0 Vorret -----------
0 Grundbegriff ------
0 El Guapo -------
0 stessier
0 lassr
0 bb2112 ----------

------------
Majority is Four
Do you think Trig felt sorry for team evil and committed suicide to make things more even? My head is spinning.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Hmmm. Trig must have assumed that they would kill Unagi instead of targeting him. I would have thought he would have tried visiting one of the potential bad guys to protect himself.

Did he think Unagi was faking somehow?

I say we go for the next in line, either BB or Grund.

Unless anyone thinks I still could be bad then I would say kill me now instead of later.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote:Hmmm. Trig must have assumed that they would kill Unagi instead of targeting him. I would have thought he would have tried visiting one of the potential bad guys to protect himself.

Did he think Unagi was faking somehow?

I say we go for the next in line, either BB or Grund.

Unless anyone thinks I still could be bad then I would say kill me now instead of later.
Ok, let's start with Grund and go from there. He hasn't been useful all game. If we were going to kill you, we should have done it yesterday.

Grundbe griff 

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Seems reasonable. I certainly don't have an argument to the contrary.

Someone has to be the mole, and we have to hunt for that person.

I'm normal. I guess I'll propose  bb2112 

Wouldn't it be amusing if we're two normals bypassing an evil third party....
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

El Guapo wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:

Seems crazy, but I'm not sure there's any other explanation. I'll have to double-check the suite of hero powers, but I'm pretty sure that's the only possibility. On the plus side, I suppose this proves that Triggercut was Martian Manhunter. Not that there was much doubt about that, but still.
I'm looking forward to see if you find something I missed.

I don't think there was a doubt Trig was MM. Too many people confirmed him. The only question was, was he converted? Assuming Unagi was the target, why would he contact Unagi? And if Trig was the target, why would he contact Unagi? And if he was converted, why contact Unagi who was the night target, thereby reducing the villain team by one?
stessier

Post by stessier »

I've got nothin'. I thought there might be a way with Parasite faking MM (in which case Lassr was Evil), but the best I can do is kill off WW...I can't come up with a method that they both end up dead with one of them bad.

BB2112

Best guess.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

What a weird play by Trig :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:

I'm looking forward to see if you find something I missed.

I don't think there was a doubt Trig was MM. Too many people confirmed him. The only question was, was he converted? Assuming Unagi was the target, why would he contact Unagi? And if Trig was the target, why would he contact Unagi? And if he was converted, why contact Unagi who was the night target, thereby reducing the villain team by one?
No, no other way for a double kill. I was wondering whether the wonder twins had a suicide pact dynamic, but no. So trig had to have been MM, and presumably died scanning Unagi (for some reason).

I am inclined to go with

grundbegriff 

today - quiet, unhelpful, giving me the heebie jeebies.
Black Lives Matter.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

El Guapo wrote:I am inclined to go with
 grundbegriff 

today - quiet, unhelpful, giving me the heebie jeebies.
How's that different from any other day? :D

Here's the deal:

Why would triggercut, as MM, contact a likely night-kill and thereby get himself umgebracht? As I say over and over in these games: people do weird things, people make mistakes, not everything is the fruit of thorough consideration, etc. Could simply be a matter of his being under RL pressure and thus not realizing he could increase his own safety by protecting a suspected evil. Could also be that they offed him directly and thus took down Unagi in passing. Who knows? Even the most rational people are people.

As for me, I'm normal. So you all should give some attention to whoever gets me killed today or tomorrow. The Nefarious Ne'er-do-wells know I'm innocent.

I don't know that bb2112 is evil; but I do know that I'm not, so it's marginally better overall to test bb2112 today.

Needless to say, he's free to flip that argument around. So do whatever seems best.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Stupid tablet (or stupid operator) - no tags on my last post.

BB2112 

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I know that BB and/or Grund has to be a bad guy. I also know that from others point of view I could be a bad guy that was contacted by MM on the first night but decided against killing him the next night. Nevertheless a bad guy lies in that group.

It has to be Grund or BB.

I think I will go

BB2112 

Black Lives Matter
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

VOTES
0 Vorret -----------
2 Grundbegriff ------ bb2112, el guapo
0 El Guapo -------
0 stessier
0 lassr
3 bb2112 ---------- grundbegriff, stessier, lassr

------------
Majority is Four
"Where are you off to?"

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Ok then

withdraw grundbegriff

Bb2112 

Black Lives Matter.