Chaosraven

Re: Story of the Chaos Order of the Dark Mages Continues-day

Post by Chaosraven »

Chaosraven wrote:9 Scoop20906……
11 tru1cy…………
Along with myself and el guapo: no vote
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Chaosraven wrote:( Moliere…………. 1 )--- Newcastle )---
( RMC………………. 1 )--- Vorret
( Newcastle…….. 1 )--- Moliere
( bb2112…………. 1 )--- RMC
With Moliere dead, that leaves Newcastle, Vorret, and RMC as the MOVED votes
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

with 4 mages, assuming they used the Q card, where would they want to "hide"?
"Where are you off to?"

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Sorry if I missed this in my re-skimming of the rules, but do the dark mages get to PM with each other (or use a bad guy forum)? Several of the cards allow PM'ing, so I'm not sure whether the wolves get to PM in addition to those cards.

Basically wondering whether the wolves know which cards each other have, and so could have coordinated the assassination of Unagi.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

So my vote was #5 on 9-1 @ 6:26PM
RMC was #6 on 9-2 @ 5:47AM
RW was #7 on 9-2 @ 8:11AM

Death of Unagi on 9-2 @ 8:55AM

Needed a majority of 6 votes before the card could be used. So any time after the RMC vote Unagi was in the DANGERZONE. At no time did anyone have two or more votes on them except for Unagi.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
RMC

Post by RMC »

I voted for BB, because I thought it was a safe vote, but might allow a card to be played.

Never thought about that quantum shift card. Missed it in my reading of the cards, I was too busy making Scoop sing. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote:Sorry if I missed this in my re-skimming of the rules, but do the dark mages get to PM with each other (or use a bad guy forum)? Several of the cards allow PM'ing, so I'm not sure whether the wolves get to PM in addition to those cards.

Basically wondering whether the wolves know which cards each other have, and so could have coordinated the assassination of Unagi.
they have their own forum
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

bb2112 wrote:So my vote was #5 on 9-1 @ 6:26PM
RMC was #6 on 9-2 @ 5:47AM
RW was #7 on 9-2 @ 8:11AM

Death of Unagi on 9-2 @ 8:55AM

Needed a majority of 6 votes before the card could be used. So any time after the RMC vote Unagi was in the DANGERZONE. At no time did anyone have two or more votes on them except for Unagi.
?
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

So you think the card was used AFTER the RMC vote (making 6 votes, with Unagi in the lead at 2) ?
"Where are you off to?"

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lassr wrote:
El Guapo wrote:Sorry if I missed this in my re-skimming of the rules, but do the dark mages get to PM with each other (or use a bad guy forum)? Several of the cards allow PM'ing, so I'm not sure whether the wolves get to PM in addition to those cards.

In that forum, can they discuss which cards they each currently have (without negating their effect)?
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Chaosraven wrote:So you think the card was used AFTER the RMC vote (making 6 votes, with Unagi in the lead at 2) ?
No, it had to have been used after the RW vote. Lassr posted an update with RW's vote before the card had been used @ 8:38AM. Otherwise, (and I'm guessing here), the RW vote would not have happened due to the time stamp of the card being used.

The timing could have been a coincidence. The only thing it really says is the card user did not give Lassr a timed order, meaning, "Hey, Lassr, when the votes get to 6, use the card." The card user had to have given the order manually after the RW vote. I guess he would have said after the 7th vote was cast to implement the order, but why would he do that? Votes could have shifted. So I doubt that happened. So the real question rumbling around in my head is would RW cast a useless vote then use the card to off Unagi? Why draw attention to himself by casting the vote right before dealing the death blow? Why not do it from the shadows after RMC cast his vote? This is making me think RW is not a Dark Mage.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

RMC is my Day1 guilty pleasure. I vote for him and he never dies :(
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote:
Lassr wrote:

In that forum, can they discuss which cards they each currently have (without negating their effect)?
they can.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Nothing to see here.
Last edited by Lassr on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Guys. Sorry for my complete lack of involvement in the game. I will get fully engaged tomorrow when I am out of this Internet dead zone here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Scoop20906 wrote:Guys. Sorry for my complete lack of involvement in the game. I will get fully engaged tomorrow when I am out of this Internet dead zone here.

That wasn't a picture! :naughty:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote:Let me set something straight on the Quantum Shift Card; It was a timed play to go off when the conditions were met. I didn't get the message until after Remus had voted, in hindsight I should have not counted Remus vote but didn't realize it until I had posted.
Thanks for the clarification. So after RMC put down his vote the card went off invalidating RW's vote.

Questions to the village:
1. So would a Dark Mage be the 6th vote to ensure the Quantum Shift goes off the way they wanted it to, or would they shy away from the vote to not draw suspicion? Curious that he didn't vote for Unagi when Unagi was basically begging for votes. With 2 votes on Unagi already, the RMC vote, as long as it went to someone without any votes on them, would still ensure the Unagi death.

RMC voted for me, which is something he would do, but did announce before this game started that he wanted to start a different trend where we don't go after each other tenaciously at the beginning. Like every game over the last year plus. RMC can't shake old habits, or doesn't want to be seen breaking with patterns?

2. Would RW being a Dark Mage throw his vote on the fire knowing things were a done deal with the timed Quantum Shift Card play, or would he stay silent and just wait for the show?

I still think RW is innocent. Why put himself out there if he knew Quantum Shift was going to go off as soon as Lassr checked in.

3. It being a timed play, how many of the Dark Mages threw votes out there to help the Quantum Shift Card come to fruition? Would any of them avoid voting entirely?
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

9-2 @ 5:44AM
bb2112 wrote:
Unagi wrote:that's the right idea.
Nobody pile on or anything, take it slow and all. :)

Newcastle and Scoop - chill your primal urges. 8-)

:coffee:
Come on guys, Unagi obviously has something in mind with his card and needs votes on him. I would assume he wants to get to five. Is that right, Unagi?
9-2 @ 5:47AM - 3 Minutes Later

At this point the Quantum card should go off
RMC wrote:I'm game. You might be right, a few cards require people to have votes.

BB2112 

21. Quantum Shift (if enough votes have been cast against more than 1 player to reach a majority on 1 player then votes will be redirected to player in the lead thus lynching the target. If a tie for the lead then card holder’s preference). 1 use.

So RMC could have voted for anyone, and if there was tie, then the cardholder would get to choose.

I need some help analyzing this. I can't tell if my primal urge to kill RMC is taking over or should I be thinking would a Dark Mage draw this much attention to himself on day 1? We know RMC has the balls to make this play, but would he, especially this early in the game? All team evil had to do was wait for that next vote from anyone on anyone and they could have dictated Unagi's death. They had the perfect card.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Guys. Sorry for my complete lack of involvement in the game. I will get fully engaged tomorrow when I am out of this Internet dead zone here.

I think the card has expired (IIRC it lasts for like 48 hours).
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:
Lassr wrote:Let me set something straight on the Quantum Shift Card; It was a timed play to go off when the conditions were met. I didn't get the message until after Remus had voted, in hindsight I should have not counted Remus vote but didn't realize it until I had posted.
Thanks for the clarification. So after RMC put down his vote the card went off invalidating RW's vote.

Questions to the village:
1. So would a Dark Mage be the 6th vote to ensure the Quantum Shift goes off the way they wanted it to, or would they shy away from the vote to not draw suspicion? Curious that he didn't vote for Unagi when Unagi was basically begging for votes. With 2 votes on Unagi already, the RMC vote, as long as it went to someone without any votes on them, would still ensure the Unagi death.

RMC voted for me, which is something he would do, but did announce before this game started that he wanted to start a different trend where we don't go after each other tenaciously at the beginning. Like every game over the last year plus. RMC can't shake old habits, or doesn't want to be seen breaking with patterns?

2. Would RW being a Dark Mage throw his vote on the fire knowing things were a done deal with the timed Quantum Shift Card play, or would he stay silent and just wait for the show?

I still think RW is innocent. Why put himself out there if he knew Quantum Shift was going to go off as soon as Lassr checked in.

3. It being a timed play, how many of the Dark Mages threw votes out there to help the Quantum Shift Card come to fruition? Would any of them avoid voting entirely?
It's tough to get much information from this because Unagi was calling for votes on him as part of the scheme. The wolves could coordinate in advance so they know when this is going to go off. It's pretty straightforward for a wolf to either vote for Unagi ("he was calling for votes to use his card! I was just helping him with his pro-village plans!") or to vote for anyone at all ("I was suspicious of X! I had no idea Quantum Shift was suddenly going to go off and make me vote for Unagi!").

Not sure which way I would play it if I were a wolf (or as you note, you could just stay silent and wait). I guess I would be inclined to vote for Unagi in that situation, as at that point you've just been following the request of what's now a proven (dead) villager.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

El Guapo wrote:
bb2112 wrote:

And why does that matter?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
bb2112 wrote:

And why does that matter?
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Enlarge Image
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

If your an evil player and know your team has the power to quantum shift things I think you vote given Unagi's pro-village plan claims. You want the fat on the fire. It could also be used if you were in the running for being lynched and worried about that happening. Since, iirc, the card holder gets to choose in the event of a tie. So Unagi and bb2112 being tied when the card went off could have been protection of bb2112 but I kind of think that a low possibility as 2 isn't at the razor's edge to cause concern. I think it more probable that they did not want what ever Unagi had planned to come through.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Remus West wrote:If your an evil player and know your team has the power to quantum shift things I think you vote given Unagi's pro-village plan claims. You want the fat on the fire. It could also be used if you were in the running for being lynched and worried about that happening. Since, iirc, the card holder gets to choose in the event of a tie. So Unagi and bb2112 being tied when the card went off could have been protection of bb2112 but I kind of think that a low possibility as 2 isn't at the razor's edge to cause concern. I think it more probable that they did not want what ever Unagi had planned to come through.
Yeah I agree, BB wasn't even close to being in danger there makes no sense. Unagi wanted to prove something and got very unlucky that the dark mages got that specific card.

In any case, I, as always,  RMC 

since I have no idea who might be evil and he's like evil all the time so he's as good as a vote as anyone.
Isgrimnur wrote:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote:If your an evil player and know your team has the power to quantum shift things I think you vote given Unagi's pro-village plan claims. You want the fat on the fire. It could also be used if you were in the running for being lynched and worried about that happening. Since, iirc, the card holder gets to choose in the event of a tie. So Unagi and bb2112 being tied when the card went off could have been protection of bb2112 but I kind of think that a low possibility as 2 isn't at the razor's edge to cause concern. I think it more probable that they did not want what ever Unagi had planned to come through.
I agree. I've been assuming that Unagi had Told Ya So!, so the wolves didn't want to risk winding up with a proven good Unagi (for obvious reasons). In addition to the general advantage of getting a lynch miss.
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

shit. forget this. So much going on I thought I had screwed up but going back and looking it was played on the 7th vote so I did it right just forgot that I did it right...

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

We weren't tied. Go look.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:
Were you not at 2-2 when there were six votes? I'm not going to bother to look mostly because I'm lazy but also because even if you were tied I already ruled out the idea that you and team bad panic at that few votes and make a move to save your hide.

I'm not clearing you but neither do I believe events point at you. I do like my Newcastle vote though.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

so now i am confused...soo many questions...

when did this bomb go off on unagi? was it when rmc voted? When remus voted? question also the timing of it too was it set off to make rmc look bad? make remus look bad? or was it either of them being daring and claim a set up? or did team wolf simply see that unagi had hit critical mass and jumped on the chance?

I know i had my vote on moliere and was not sure what to make of unagi's play. Was waiting to see a bit more interaction from him to see if i could pick up his tell and then work from there.

IN hindsight I think it's obvious if you are a wolf, and unagi is team good, you take him out whenever you could. That doesn't clear up much its just a matter of fact. I think any wolf who had that card would salivate at the chance to use it.

remove remus 

vorret 

really thats all you got? RMC is my default....man that vacation poutine must be scrambling your brain.

Sorry if my participation is not up to snuff also, been a bit busy of late and have to watch my energy. Hence dont expect any uber dig downs ala last game...thank goodness you guys dont rely on my for my analytics...and simply my flair. Dont give me a pass, if you need to vote me off to clear things up, go for it...but just dont expect a lot of me right now.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Remus West wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Were you not at 2-2 when there were six votes? I'm not going to bother to look mostly because I'm lazy but also because even if you were tied I already ruled out the idea that you and team bad panic at that few votes and make a move to save your hide.

I'm not clearing you but neither do I believe events point at you. I do like my Newcastle vote though.

why do i have the feeling youre setting me up for your day 1 patsy?
Bayraktar!!!!

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Newcastle wrote:so now i am confused...soo many questions...

when did this bomb go off on unagi? was it when rmc voted? When remus voted? question also the timing of it too was it set off to make rmc look bad? make remus look bad? or was it either of them being daring and claim a set up? or did team wolf simply see that unagi had hit critical mass and jumped on the chance?

I know i had my vote on moliere and was not sure what to make of unagi's play. Was waiting to see a bit more interaction from him to see if i could pick up his tell and then work from there.

IN hindsight I think it's obvious if you are a wolf, and unagi is team good, you take him out whenever you could. That doesn't clear up much its just a matter of fact. I think any wolf who had that card would salivate at the chance to use it.

remove remus 

vorret 

really thats all you got? RMC is my default....man that vacation poutine must be scrambling your brain.

Sorry if my participation is not up to snuff also, been a bit busy of late and have to watch my energy. Hence dont expect any uber dig downs ala last game...thank goodness you guys dont rely on my for my analytics...and simply my flair. Dont give me a pass, if you need to vote me off to clear things up, go for it...but just dont expect a lot of me right now.
And what's YOUR reason to vote for me?
Anyone has any solid lead on anybody other than "He's my usual target" or "He's canadian!" ?
Isgrimnur wrote:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Vorret wrote:
Newcastle wrote:so now i am confused...soo many questions...

remove remus 

vorret 

And what's YOUR reason to vote for me?
Anyone has any solid lead on anybody other than "He's my usual target" or "He's canadian!" ?
man you and the math teacher really need to brush up on your reading skills.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

remove vorret 

remus 

feels like he's setting me up.
Bayraktar!!!!

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:
No, the votes were not aimed at saving anyone's hide. It was strictly to kill Unagi. Nobody had more than 1 vote on them except for Unagi.

Final vote count right before Quantum Shift was played.
Lassr wrote: Players ----------- Voted For:
1 El Guapo……….
2 Chaosraven…..
3 Moliere…………. Newcastle
4 Unagi…………….. Unagi
5 bb2112…………. Unagi
6 Remus West…
7 Vorret………….. RMC
8 Newcastle…….. Moliere
9 Scoop20906……
10 RMC………………. BB2112
11 tru1cy…………….
Targets ----------- Voters
( Unagi…………….. 3 )--- Unagi )--- BB2112 )--- Remus West
( Moliere…………. 1 )--- Newcastle )---
( RMC………………. 1 )--- Vorret
( Newcastle…….. 1 )--- Moliere
( bb2112…………. 1 )--- RMC

Deaths

Majority = 6
Now knowing Quantum Shift was played on the 7th vote, does it change anything... I have to think about this...
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I hate catching up.

Ok, has anyone used any cards that I should know about? Not being able to talk about what cards we have is a significant disadvantage.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

OK, kinda caught up. Nobody has figured out anything.

What I know ...

* Unagi telegraphed his play of a card and asked for votes so he could use it and got unlucky that the baddies had a card to counter that.
* Moliere was killed. Why? Really, I know we always ask why but seriously Why? I mean this guy is serious mercurial. Was he on to someone? I'll go back and look.
* Looking back, Chaos or El Guapo should have been targeted. Is there a protection card? Maybe the baddies were scared of this?

UGH! Tired of all this thinking!!!!

Accuse RMC 

<Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, much better,......

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Players ----------- Voted For:
1 El Guapo………. vorret
2 Chaosraven…..
3 bb2112…………. vorret
4 Remus West… Newcastle
5 Vorret………….. RMC
6 Newcastle…….. Remus West
7 Scoop20906…… RMC
8 RMC……………….
9 tru1cy……………. bb2112
Targets ----------- Voters
( bb2112…………. 1 ) tru1cy
( Vorret………….. 2 ) El Guapo --- BB2112
( Newcastle…….. 1 ) Remus West
( Remus West… 1 ) Newcastle
RMC………………. 2 ) vorret --- Scoop

Deaths
Unagi…………… A fresh stiff
Moliere……….. Pricked

Majority = 5

Black Lives Matter
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Scoop20906 wrote:OK, kinda caught up. Nobody has figured out anything.

What I know ...

* Unagi telegraphed his play of a card and asked for votes so he could use it and got unlucky that the baddies had a card to counter that.
* Moliere was killed. Why? Really, I know we always ask why but seriously Why? I mean this guy is serious mercurial. Was he on to someone? I'll go back and look.
* Looking back, Chaos or El Guapo should have been targeted. Is there a protection card? Maybe the baddies were scared of this?

UGH! Tired of all this thinking!!!!

Accuse RMC 

<Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, much better,......
ohh you so sexay me love you long time
Isgrimnur wrote:
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

After reading I'm so lost. Guess I'll monitor some more, but I'll leave my vote where it is
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde