Electoral College Accreditation

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Moliere

Electoral College Accreditation

Post by Moliere »

What is the Electoral College? No one knows, but they decide who gets to be President. This game will decide who gets their votes. I have tried to change up the powers for Evil and Good. One twist is that the Seer doesn't enter the game until one of the Good Specials dies. Because the Seer will be chosen among the villagers I am hoping this will keep the villagers with no Special powers involved in the game. Another twist is that the Night Protection is delayed until Gary gets enough lynch votes. It's a low threshold so I wouldn't expect it to take very long.

Team Evil
Donald Trump: each night realDonaldTrump sends out a Tweet mocking someone from the Electoral College. Unless protected by Gary that person will be so sad that they leave the game humiliated and unable to continue their job in the College.

Enlarge Image
Hillary Clinton: because she will say anything to anyone there is a 50% chance that Bernie's scan will come back as "Electoral College" instead of "Team Evil". When the scan fails she will be told that Bernie is in the game. If The Donald is lynched then Hillary will use her shrill voice to talk to an Electoral College member until they commit "suicide". :wink:

Team Good
Enlarge Image
Gary Johnson: If at any time during the game he receives at least 15% of the lynch vote (excluding a self-vote) then a Night Kill will fail against him. It will also trigger his power to protect one other player each night (can't be the same player two nights in a row).

Enlarge Image
Jill Stein: she will get lost on the way to her own lynching. If voted to be lynched the lynch will fail and an announcement made that she traveled to the wrong city.

Enlarge Image
Bernie Sanders: If either Gary or Jill are killed then Bernie will enter the race. He will be chosen randomly among the Electoral College members. Each night he will be able to scan for Team Evil. He will not be told their specific role. Bernie entering the game might be unknown to all the other players. For example, if Jill is killed at night then Bernie will enter the game and start his scans on the following night. This will not be made public so he can choose to "come out" to the village at any time.

All remaining players are members of the Electoral College.

Miscellaneous:

Team Good and Electoral College members can NOT PM any other player regarding the game.

Team Evil CAN PM each other.

Players can edit their posts during the game in progress, however if you edit your post, you MUST give an explanation of why/what you edited.

Dead players can NOT participate in the game - this includes providing information, encouragement, tips or otherwise. Dead players are eligible to ONE post following his death. This one post follows the same rules as before - cannot influence the game, and so forth.

Voting can only take place in the daytime. Any votes made during the night will not be counted.

You can retract and change your vote at any time up to the close of the vote.

The game will begin at DAYTIME.

Specials CAN pre-emptively send in their actions during the daytime for the following night. Specials are allowed to change pre-emptive actions unless it has already been resolved.

Turn order during the night:

Bernie scans
Gary protects
Donald Tweets
Hillary talks

Roster
1) El Guapo
2) bb2112
3) Vorret
4) Remus West
5) RMC
6) Scoop20906
7) Unagi
8 ) ElGuapoDC
9) Lassr
10)
11)
12)
13)
Last edited by Moliere on Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:13 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
El Guapo

Re: Electoral College Accreditation

Post by El Guapo »

:D Nice. Written like a true third party voter. I haven't given any thought to whether the rules present any balance issues.

But regardless, I want to declare that I will be a candidate for participation in this game.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Some interesting concepts. I'm in. :D
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

In
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

In
I'd point out that Gary's trigger is manipulation sensitive. Any village is quickly going to drop 15% of the vote on every player day 1 to be sure his protection power gets activated.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Remus West wrote:In
I'd point out that Gary's trigger is manipulation sensitive. Any village is quickly going to drop 15% of the vote on every player day 1 to be sure his protection power gets activated.
Yep. It's not meant to be a real roadblock. Unlike the 15% poll requirement for him to get into the Presidential debates. :wink:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
RMC

Post by RMC »

I'll be In once the current one is over. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

IN as long as I get to be Trump again!
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Bernie scans
Gary protects
Donald Tweets
Hillary talks
This just made me smile reading it out of context of the game. :mrgreen:

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Scoop20906 wrote:IN as long as I get to be Trump again!
Talk to random.org.

Does anyone have thoughts about the rules and how they balance the players?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I worry that you have made some strange 'super good guy' out of your super hero. Protects and can't be killed at night - sorta a team-evil nightmare.
just putting it out there. And also - there is the part that Remus mentioned, that we would be compelled to march players through the 15% rigaramo just to cover the game mechanics (we are like that).

I'm IN, either way. But that seems like a haunting problem in some regards. (haven't looked a ton beyond that)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Moliere wrote:Because the Seer will be chosen among the villagers I am hoping this will keep the villagers with no Special powers involved in the game.
I seriously can't stand players that tune the game out when they don't get a special role. Fuck them, I hope they don't sign up.
:|
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Unagi wrote:I worry that you have made some strange 'super good guy' out of your super hero. Protects and can't be killed at night - sorta a team-evil nightmare.
just putting it out there. And also - there is the part that Remus mentioned, that we would be compelled to march players through the 15% rigaramo just to cover the game mechanics (we are like that).
Isn't he just a standard hunter who can self-protect and protect someone else? I only added the 15% to be cheeky.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Maybe I'm just not reading your rules as you intended them to be read.
the 15% gains him total immunity from night kills

Maybe I am not reading this right:
If at any time during the game he receives at least 15% of the lynch vote (excluding a self-vote) then a Night Kill will fail against him.
So any good villager will participate in a Day 1 exercise to make sure that Every Player has met the criteria. Making sure that any following Night Kill would fail against the protector, no matter who he is.

Maybe this isn't your intent but the rule says it, and I think this is what Remus was commenting on too.

A 'regular' protector makes a choice at night where he can be one of the protected players but he can't protect the same player twice in a row.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I read that to mean a kill kill attempt the first night following the 15% only not every night kill attempt against him.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

makes sense to be a one time only, needs to exclude self vote as well so he can't self protect when there's not many players left.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote:I read that to mean a kill kill attempt the first night following the 15% only not every night kill attempt against him.
right, but then on the second day, he could get re-15%ed.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Unagi wrote:
Remus West wrote:I read that to mean a kill kill attempt the first night following the 15% only not every night kill attempt against him.
right, but then on the second day, he could get re-15%ed.
The 15% is a one-time requirement. Let's make it so he can self-protect or protect someone else without repeating the same person two days in a row.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Do we have cards? Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop20906 wrote:Do we have cards? Image

No Cards for YOU!
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

While the 15% mechanism is funny, honestly I think it should be scrapped. Game wise there's no reason I can see for the village *not* to vote everyone to 15% every day (at least until Johnson is outed / killed), but entertainment wise that's going to be un-fun drudgery.
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

El Guapo wrote:While the 15% mechanism is funny, honestly I think it should be scrapped. Game wise there's no reason I can see for the village *not* to vote everyone to 15% every day (at least until Johnson is outed / killed), but entertainment wise that's going to be un-fun drudgery.
That's why it only has to be done once. I didn't want the daily drugery of voting everyone up to 15%.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Moliere wrote:
El Guapo wrote:While the 15% mechanism is funny, honestly I think it should be scrapped. Game wise there's no reason I can see for the village *not* to vote everyone to 15% every day (at least until Johnson is outed / killed), but entertainment wise that's going to be un-fun drudgery.
That's why it only has to be done once. I didn't want the daily drugery of voting everyone up to 15%.
Yeah, but have you met us? Of course we are going to game the system. :D
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

RMC wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Do we have cards? Image

No Cards for YOU!
But but but.... Cards ImageImageImage

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Moliere wrote:
Fair enough, but it's still going to be a drag for the village to vote everyone to 15% on day 1. It should be an ability that starts active, since we're just going to go through the legwork of making it immediately active anyway.
Black Lives Matter.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I think maybe Moliere is just insisting on making a few political points here.

For instance, I was going to suggest that Gary was also given the special power to, once per game, kill the Hillary character during the day. :D
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

El Guapo wrote:Fair enough, but it's still going to be a drag for the village to vote everyone to 15% on day 1. It should be an ability that starts active, since we're just going to go through the legwork of making it immediately active anyway.
Does it make you feel like you're wasting your vote? :wink:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Moliere wrote:
El Guapo wrote:Fair enough, but it's still going to be a drag for the village to vote everyone to 15% on day 1. It should be an ability that starts active, since we're just going to go through the legwork of making it immediately active anyway.
Does it make you feel like you're wasting your vote? :wink:
I am told that it is never a waste to vote third party.
Black Lives Matter.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Bernie's scan seems hopelessly mired in the 50/50 reliability on one of the wolves.

No 'good' scan will be worth anything. I'm always a little wary of 'die roll' events in these games (beyond the assignments).
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Unagi wrote:Bernie's scan seems hopelessly mired in the 50/50 reliability on one of the wolves.

No 'good' scan will be worth anything. I'm always a little wary of 'die roll' events in these games (beyond the assignments).
I always prefer some mystery in my hosted games. Usually it's some kind of secret conversion at any time mechanism.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Any of that in this one?
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Unagi wrote:Any of that in this one?
No secret conversions, but Bernie entering the game and the potential failure of his scan fill that void.
I was thinking of adding a 3rd villain to enter the game like Bernie, but don't know if we will have enough players.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Moliere wrote:I was thinking of adding a 3rd villain to enter the game like Bernie, but don't know if we will have enough players.
How about this: if anyone says "Ann Coulter" 3 times in a row then a random non-Special village member is converted to Team Evil. She will be given the power to scan for Specials.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Personally, I'm out if there are conversions.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Unagi wrote:Personally, I'm out if there are conversions.
You don't have to worry. Not enough people are signing up so this game isn't going to happen.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Moliere wrote:
Unagi wrote:Personally, I'm out if there are conversions.
You don't have to worry. Not enough people are signing up so this game isn't going to happen.
you never know, you could get some last minute voter registrations. I'll probably be in, just been very busy the past week. How many do you want before starting?
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Lassr wrote:you never know, you could get some last minute voter registrations. I'll probably be in, just been very busy the past week. How many do you want before starting?
Or dead and illegal registrants. I hear they will be used more frequently this election. Maybe 5 more?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

This game doesn't require voter ID right? I have a feeling you may hit your minimum... :ninja:
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

El Guapo wrote:This game doesn't require voter ID right?
nope
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I, ElGuapoDC, would also like to sign up for this game.
Black Lives Matter.