Vanilla WW or Star Wars WW

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Vanilla WW or Star Wars WW

Post by bb2112 »

I started to post in the what's next thread and then decided that this was better.

Hear ye, hear ye - Come one, come all!

I will host either a low key vanilla WW or a more involved Star Wars WW. (That is if either game garners enough interest)

1. For the Vanilla WW we will need 10 players.
2. For the Star Wars WW we will need at least 13, but would prefer if we had at least 15.

So sign up and tell me which you would prefer. Tell your friends!

1. Newcastle
2. El Guapo
3. Remus West
4. Chaosraven
5. Lassr
6. Moliere
7. Archinerd
8. Scoop20906
9. RMC
10. Isgrimnur
11. PLW
12. Punisher
13. Holman
14. Vorret
15. Grundbegriff
16. Unagi
Last edited by bb2112 on Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 8 times in total.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
El Guapo

Re: Vanilla WW or Star Wars WW

Post by El Guapo »

I'm in. I'd strongly prefer Star Wars, though getting 15 players these days would be pretty ambitious.
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Star Wars
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

:violence-swords:

(in)

please add time limits so dont have the drag it out feeling of last game please.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

In regardless, but prefer Star Wars
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:In regardless, but prefer Star Wars
This.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Newcastle wrote: please add time limits so dont have the drag it out feeling of last game please.
I agree.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

I'll play. No preference.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Well that is 7 pretty quickly. How about the usual suspects...

Grund
Unagi
Scoopster
Tru1cy
PLW
Lord Mortis
Holman
Isgrimnur
Purge
Rev
RMC
Rhett's
Stess
Theo
Trig
Vorret
Last edited by bb2112 on Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 8 times in total.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Theohall isn't around anymore. I sent him a PM a long time ago and its never been picked up. His profile showed last visit being in 12/15. Another one gone...

I'd add zarathud on the list, he showed some interest in the politics game but was too late.

lagom also
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

hmmm, theohall hadn't been at Gaming Trend since 2015 also.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

May be interested in this. Star Wars probably, but have some questions..

1) What is WW and how do you play? :) (Seriously)
2) What kind of commitment is required on my part?
3) anything else I should know?
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Punisher wrote:1) What is WW and how do you play? :) (Seriously)
Here are some rules used by another site that should match us.
Punisher wrote:2) What kind of commitment is required on my part?
That's up to you. People post at their discretion. If you're a Special then it helps to have someone involved and able to check the thread a couple times a day.
Punisher wrote:3) anything else I should know?
Never trust Newcastle.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Punisher wrote:May be interested in this. Star Wars probably, but have some questions..

Time commitment is probably 15 minutes a day. More if you want to be more involved. Less on weekends since people sometimes take breaks on weekends.

There are other Star Wars WW games up for reference.

Should I count you in?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lassr wrote:hmmm, theohall hadn't been at Gaming Trend since 2015 also.
I emailed him and he replied, so he is alive, he just says he's not participating at OO or GT anymore.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Lassr wrote:
I emailed him and he replied, so he is alive, he just says he's not participating at OO or GT anymore.
Theohall is gaming all the time on Steam.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Lassr wrote:
Probably better for his blood pressure.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lassr wrote:
That sucks. He was fun to have around.
Bayraktar!!!!

Punisher

Post by Punisher »

bb2112 wrote:
Punisher wrote:May be interested in this. Star Wars probably, but have some questions..

Time commitment is probably 15 minutes a day. More if you want to be more involved. Less on weekends since people sometimes take breaks on weekends.

Should I count you in?
Let me look over the rules and evaluate whats involved with me. My schedule is usually all over the place so I'd hate to ruin the game because I couldn't post at the appropriate time.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Moliere wrote:
Punisher wrote:3) anything else I should know?
Never trust Newcastle.
Don't loiter on Moliere's lawn. Also be kind to him, he's quite forgetful at times. And do excuse his frequent naps as well; just give him a few hours, then he'll be good for a good 20 minutes jabberfest. Oh and the drooling, just nudge his head up. Sometimes his dentures fall out, i like to rinse them in listerine and jalapenos before i give em back to him. And his depends are over.....

/sees moliere glowering and drooling

"uhm yeah, ....

/eases out of the thread
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Punisher wrote:
bb2112 wrote:

Should I count you in?
Let me look over the rules and evaluate whats involved with me. My schedule is usually all over the place so I'd hate to ruin the game because I couldn't post at the appropriate time.
The big thing is participate and following the game. It doesn't mean you have to post every single waking moment. 15 minutes/day is about right, maybe more maybe less. If you cant for a day, no biggie. Just dont go totally awol.

What is WW?
-think of it as an interactive murder mystery. two sides...good & evil. Good = villagers and there assorted specials; evil being the wolves/star wars villains/ etc.

The goal of the game for the villagers is to eliminate all of the players on team evil; goal of team evil is to have equal number of villagers & team evil. That equals a win.

-Way the game is played its broken down into 2 phases; day and night. Day phase is when the villagers have the power and they can lynch one person in the game. This is where the villagers can try to eliminate members of team evil. All players have a vote during the day phase, team evil & team good. So you will have times when team evil will vote for another team mate for strategic reasons. Sometimes even lynching them.

-Night phase: team evil selects 1 person to eliminate; also during this phase the specials on both sides place their orders.

Specials: both sides have specials. Maybe 2-3 on the villagers/team good side, 1-2 on wolves/team evil side. Some of the common ones are the seer (each night phase this good powered villager can scan and learn a players true identity; or a wolf being able to scan and learn a characters true role); or a "protector" a good villager who can protect a specific player against a potential night attack on them by team evil.

During the day phase is when the main action happens. People will launch accusations, and try to "lynch" another player. Basically they will interact and try to figure out who is on the other team. The night phase is general very quiet unless you're a special or on team evil.

The night phase general lasts 24 hours.

The day phase can last anywhere from 1 days to 14 days. However, i suspect this game will have time limits; so the day phase will most likely last 5-7 days. Time limits help keep the game moving. Time limits is basically if you dont have a lynch in place by that time; highest vote getter gets it or more likely no one is lynched, which is bad for the village in general, because the day phase is where they mainly have the power to investigate and take out someoen on team evil.

That kind of summarizes it. There are quite a few variations to it, but that's the gist of it.

I'd go through the thread and read previous games; just so you get a feel for them.

Say the game has 13 players. The breakdown would be 10 villagers & 3 wolves. Within those 10 villagers you'd end up with say 2 specials. The wolves most likely have 2 special wolves (a wolf seer say & another type).

As the villager you have to sift through the posts of all the players to try to deduce who the 3 wolves could be.

As a wolf your goal is to stay alive as long as possible and try to get other people lynched, furthering your survival.
Bayraktar!!!!

Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Start to finish, how long is a typical game?
Also, does someone have a link to a good game to look over? Nit sure if I have the time to sift though multiple ones.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Punisher wrote:Start to finish, how long is a typical game?
Also, does someone have a link to a good game to look over? Nit sure if I have the time to sift though multiple ones.
Hi Punisher. There are seriously so many threads to choose from but I'll pimp my It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown game.

http://www.octopusoverlords.com/forum/v ... 16&t=91562

Also, any of the star wars, justice league, and battlestar galactica games have been a lot of fun.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Hi Punisher. There are seriously so many threads to choose from but I'll pimp my It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown game.

Also, any of the star wars, justice league, and battlestar galactica games have been a lot of fun.
Probably not a good one due to there being secret powers and such. Linking one of the other StarWars ones would probably be best. I'm too lazy to look for one though.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Twist my arm. Sure, I'm in.
RMC

Post by RMC »

I'm here. Count me in. :)

Out of town next week at Himss, but I should be able to still play.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Scoop20906 wrote:

Also, all of Moliere's political battle games have been a lot of fun.
Thanks! :wub:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Good guys trying to find bad guys, bad guys trying to kill off good guys and cause as much confusion as possible. Good times. Typical game will last a couple of months. If you know you are not going to be around for a couple of days just let everyone know and it is ok. Even if you are a special and have to leave contingency orders with me that is fine. Easy to learn, a lifetime to master.

Just sign up and learn as you go. :D
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Ok, we got enough for a vanilla game. I sent a few PM's out this morning and we will see if we get any other vict... er, I mean, players.
PLW

Post by PLW »

I'll be  in! 

Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I guess I can give this a try. Worse case scenario, you ban me from future WW games. :)
Still kind of vague on the game itself other than pointing fingers at each other, but still seems interesting.
Would prefer Star Wars as mentioned previously.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Just don't edit or delete a post and you should be fine.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Punisher wrote:pointing fingers at each other
Seems to me you've nailed it already. :D
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Remus West wrote:
This is especially true if you're from Detroit or Canada.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Moliere wrote:
Remus West wrote:
This is especially true if you're from Detroit or Canada.
Those Cunucks are tricksy...

And come on who doesn't want to off someone from Detroit.... Hmmmm???
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Holman

Post by Holman »

I'm IN!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

*Achievement Unlocked*

We have now hit the minimum threshold for SW. I am still waiting to hear from a couple more people. I figure we will start on Thursday to give a little time for the stragglers to come in (and for me to get the rules up and going).
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

In!
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.