Star Wars - The Empire's Challenge - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Holman

Re: Star Wars - The Empire's Challenge - Night 3

Post by Holman »

Aw, man.

Unagi is the only one I thought I could count on.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Punisher

Re: Star Wars - The Empire's Challenge - Day 3

Post by Punisher »

bb2112 wrote: Unagi was member of the Rebellion and is now dead.
Are you SURE? Check again!

and I am putting in my vote early. I think I have figured out the mastermind for this whole thing...
 bb2112 

All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Star Wars - The Empire's Challenge - Day 3

Post by bb2112 »

Punisher wrote:
bb2112 wrote: Unagi was member of the Rebellion and is now dead.
Are you SURE? Check again!

and I am putting in my vote early. I think I have figured out the mastermind for this whole thing...
 bb2112 

:lol:
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

No, that's impossible! Unagi as an Imperial is the only thing that made sense so far this game. Damn it all to Bantha poodoo!

Unagi was the Chopper of our crew. You know, that grumpy little Astromech that you couldn't turn your back on otherwise he'd zap the nearest human or droid for giggles....

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

eh, at one point I thought he may have been the seer. Luckily we have only revealed one possible special so far but haven't hit a bad guy yet.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Lassr wrote:eh, at one point I thought he may have been the seer. Luckily we have only revealed one possible special so far but haven't hit a bad guy yet.
well, two if you count vorret...
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Punisher wrote:
Lassr wrote:eh, at one point I thought he may have been the seer. Luckily we have only revealed one possible special so far but haven't hit a bad guy yet.
well, two if you count vorret...
well, he revealed himself. We have a bad habit hear of nearly lynching all the specials in the first couple of days.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

if I wasn't so found of killing people, I might suggest we check peoples pockets while they are still alive.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

fond, not found.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Chaosraven wrote:if I wasn't so found of killing people, I might suggest we check peoples pockets while they are still alive.
Shhhh, these are not the pockets you are looking for.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Chaosraven wrote:if I wasn't so found of killing people, I might suggest we check peoples pockets while they are still alive.
Can I also suggest checking everyone to see if anyone here is a cyborg with distinctive breathing sounds in a massive jet black suit? Seems pretty doable.
Black Lives Matter.
PLW

Post by PLW »

Well, on the upside, it looks like the empire wasted their overvote. Note he was lynched with 7.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

PLW wrote:Well, on the upside, it looks like the empire wasted their overvote. Note he was lynched with 7.
Two overvotes they have.

But yes, good point. Would the wolves ever put it in before n-1? Guess it depends how active the Dooku player is (main reason why not would be to 'trip' a lynch if the target gets to n-1 even briefly).
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Am I wrong to think it's weird that they over-voted on Unagi? He has been under suspicion for at least two days, and it seemed very likely that we would lynch him soon without help from a special power.

He had a chance to say something and didn't, or else I would guess that they had scanned him, found him Special, and really wanted to ensure his death.

Since he seems (by his own lack of admission) to have been a Citizen, they must have had some other reason to throw the overvote on him today.

Could it have been to protect RMC as the train was developing on him? Maybe they hoped someone (maybe even a wolf or wolves who hadn't voted on him yet) would switch to Unagi, and they hoped to make the lynch certain at 7 before someone else got RMC up to 8.

My first thoughts on this overvote make me suspicious of RMC.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Isgrimnur wakes up and starts to stretch feeling confident that today will be the day that all will be set right. Today will be the day they will nab the evil Imperial and put all this nasty business behind them. He walks in to the bathroom and looks at himself in the mirror and starts his daily ritual, “You're good enough, you're smart enough, and doggone it, people like…” In the corner of the mirror he notices there are feet sticking out of the stall behind him. Slowly he turns and walks over to the stall. “Hey, are you ok in there?” and waits for an answer. “Hello!” he starts to knock on the stall door. Still no answer. He opens the door and sees Punisher lying there obviously dead. It looked like he was drowned in the toilet. Isgimnur lets out a scream and runs for the door running into Lassr on his way in.

“Whoa, what is going on? You look like you have just seen the Emperor’s ghost.” Lassr asks as he is nearly bowled over.

He could hear Isgrimnur saying under his breath as he went by, “I suck. I’m not good enough, this day is going to be horrible. These people hate me. I am going to have to kill them all.” And then Lassr couldn’t hear any more as Isgrimnur pushed past. Lassr turns and follows Isgrimnur out to the conference room.

“It happened again,” Isgrimnur announces to the group. “One of you animals has killed again. I just found Punisher in the bathroom and it didn’t look like he died easy.”

“What?!” says RMC running towards the bathroom followed by the rest of the throng. “He was so new, so fresh. Why! Why Punisher! Why!” and he starts to break down into sobs.

Punisher is dead!
bb2112
End of Days

Re: Star Wars - The Empire's Challenge - Day 4

Post by bb2112 »

It is now Day 4

Day: All day actions happen first come first served
Boba Fett: Who will you protect from the lynch?
Count Dooku: Will you place a secret vote?
Vader: Who will you choke to death?
Last edited by bb2112 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Damn. I'm pretty sure Punisher was a special.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

ok, so, to start - if anyone out there is Qui-Gon and didn't have time to dispute RMC before the deadline, now would be a great time to speak up.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Archinerd wrote:Damn. I'm pretty sure Punisher was a special.
That's why you put in the kill vote on him, eh?
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:It is now Day 4
What's the deadline?
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days

Re: Star Wars - The Empire's Challenge

Post by bb2112 »

Day 4 Votes:
1. El Guapo ------>
2. Remus West -->
3. Chaosraven --->
4. Lassr ----------->
5. Moliere -------->
6. Archinerd ----->
7. Scoop20906 --->
8. RMC ------------>
9. Isgrimnur ------>
10. PLW ----------->
11. Holman ------->
12. Zarathud ------>

Votes:

7 Votes Needed

Dead:
Day 1 - Newcastle -------> Stabbed
Night 1 - Grundbegriff --> Strangled
Day 2 - Tru1cy -----------> Bashed
Night 2 - Vorret ----------> Sacrificed
Day 3 - Unagi -------------> Mobbed
Night 3 - Punisher -------> Drowned

Deadline:
Deadline: Tuesday, March 28th, 8PM EDT
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

El Guapo wrote:
I don't follow. Is this a serious question or are you just poking me?
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

bb2112 wrote:Isgrimnur wakes up and starts to stretch feeling confident that today will be the day that all will be set right. Today will be the day they will nab the evil Imperial and put all this nasty business behind them. He walks in to the bathroom and looks at himself in the mirror and starts his daily ritual, “You're good enough, you're smart enough, and doggone it, people like…” In the corner of the mirror he notices there are feet sticking out of the stall behind him. Slowly he turns and walks over to the stall. “Hey, are you ok in there?” and waits for an answer. “Hello!” he starts to knock on the stall door. Still no answer. He opens the door and sees Punisher lying there obviously dead. It looked like he was drowned in the toilet. Isgimnur lets out a scream and runs for the door running into Lassr on his way in.

“Whoa, what is going on? You look like you have just seen the Emperor’s ghost.” Lassr asks as he is nearly bowled over.

He could hear Isgrimnur saying under his breath as he went by, “I suck. I’m not good enough, this day is going to be horrible. These people hate me. I am going to have to kill them all.” And then Lassr couldn’t hear any more as Isgrimnur pushed past. Lassr turns and follows Isgrimnur out to the conference room.

“It happened again,” Isgrimnur announces to the group. “One of you animals has killed again. I just found Punisher in the bathroom and it didn’t look like he died easy.”

“What?!” says RMC running towards the bathroom followed by the rest of the throng. “He was so new, so fresh. Why! Why Punisher! Why!” and he starts to break down into sobs.

Punisher is dead!
:shock: :( :cry:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote:ok, so, to start - if anyone out there is Qui-Gon and didn't have time to dispute RMC before the deadline, now would be a great time to speak up.
that would be me. Didn't get a chance to counter last night.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Archinerd wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
I don't follow. Is this a serious question or are you just poking me?
Poking / joking. Though if you want to add a serious explanation of why you put in the kill vote on Punisher, I would be all ears.
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Punisher wrote:
bb2112 wrote: Punisher is dead!
NEVER vote up the moderator!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lassr wrote:
El Guapo wrote:ok, so, to start - if anyone out there is Qui-Gon and didn't have time to dispute RMC before the deadline, now would be a great time to speak up.
that would be me. Didn't get a chance to counter last night.
Well, well, well.
Black Lives Matter.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Holman wrote:
Punisher wrote:
It would have worked if you all backed me!

Also, what is the protocol for posting here? Should I just completely stop? Or can I still chime in with non game stuff?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Given the Dooku vote, the timing of RMC's reveal, and the fact that he's the Devil, I am inclined to believe Lassr (and Remus did make a good point against RMC yesterday). Also Lassr wasn't really under the gun, so it's not clear why he would put himself in the spotlight unnecessarily, unless we're one miss away at this point or something.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Punisher wrote:
Holman wrote:
Punisher wrote:

Also, what is the protocol for posting here? Should I just completely stop? Or can I still chime in with non game stuff?
Yeah, you pretty much have to stop posting in the thread, because it'd be easy to tilt the game, even inadvertently. Plus thematically, like...you're dead.

It's pretty common to post an emoji or something like that immediately after you die (like :binky: :( :binky: ), but that's pretty much it.
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I'm not sure I believe Lassr, but I'm voting on the basis of my speculation (just prior to the night's write-up) about RMC and the overvote.

RMC 

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Punisher wrote:
Holman wrote:
Punisher wrote:

I sent you a PM. You cannot post here anymore, but you can post in the spoiler forum. :D
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

RMC 

Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Yep, that is why I asked if Unagi was over last night. I knew with the over vote in play it would be very dangerous for me to come out with only an hour to spare and everyone piling on Unagi so quickly.

I actually protected Unagi the first night because I got the feeling he may have been special or evil (turns out neither, oh well). I commented on the first day if he'd like me to hold his hand, that was a hint that I was going to protect him that night.

2nd night was myself since I thought Vorret was going to use his power.

Last night was Remus West.

So tonight will be myself or a seer if they can come out with some info.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

ehhhh, I wouldn't have posted who you protected last night if I were you. Though maybe immaterial since you're very likely to get choked at some point today. Hope you remember the safe word!
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

if the seer would like to wait until after the RMC vote to be sure I am telling the truth that would work. I will hold off on my protection PM until then. But I can only hold off for so long since we do not know if he is alive or not.

Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Odds are good that Boba Fett shows up today. After all, RMC is no good to him dead.

RMC 

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote:ehhhh, I wouldn't have posted who you protected last night if I were you. Though maybe immaterial since you're very likely to get choked at some point today. Hope you remember the safe word!
Vader can choke me no matter what since he knows who I am so who I protected last night doesn't matter. Plus if Vader chokes me we have two bad guys in the bag.

Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

RMC 

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

RMC 

be nice to get this up there before Boba or vader appears.

Black Lives Matter