Star Wars - The Empire's Challenge - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Holman

Re: Star Wars - The Empire's Challenge - Night 4

Post by Holman »

Lassr wrote:Do we have any reveals that will help us so I can protect them tonight?
??

If you're really Qui Gon, aren't you protecting yourself tonight?

No one should reveal himself at this stage. Why would they?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I just had a beer after biking, and I'm a bit foggy, so...

Does RMC being revealed as an Imperial really guarantee that Lassr is Qui Gon? Could a Wolf Lassr have claimed the role knowing that RMC was a goner, hoping that we would then treat Lassr as proven good thereafter?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Holman wrote:
Lassr wrote:Do we have any reveals that will help us so I can protect them tonight?
??

If you're really Qui Gon, aren't you protecting yourself tonight?

No one should reveal himself at this stage. Why would they?
Vader cannot choke me at night. I can protect the revealed if I choose and make the bad guys think of who to attack. If the seer reveals tomorrow then Vader takes me out and then they take out the seer at night.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Holman wrote:I just had a beer after biking, and I'm a bit foggy, so...

Does RMC being revealed as an Imperial really guarantee that Lassr is Qui Gon? Could a Wolf Lassr have claimed the role knowing that RMC was a goner, hoping that we would then treat Lassr as proven good thereafter?
anything is possible, what you describe is not the case though. I guess you have to ask yourself what is the more likely scenario? Or do you believe me or not? I have to die to prove myself or the seer scans me and we can trust the seer.

The seer needs to realize if he waits until the last day to come out then his believe-ability is greatly diminished. Taking out a bad guy has bought us more time though.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

The seals His fate. RMC IS THE DEVIL.

So say we all. At least we got one now. I'm betting we can learn from this lynch tomorrow too. Right??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Lassr I think tonight it would be smart to protect me.

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Scoop20906 wrote:Lassr I think tonight it would be smart to protect me.

so you can kill me or do you have valuable info to share?

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Holman wrote:I just had a beer after biking, and I'm a bit foggy, so...

Nah. RMC wasn't a goner. No one had disputed his claim to Qui-Gon. So if Lassr were a wolf, presumably he / the wolves would've waited to see if anyone disputed. If they luck out and Qui-Gon's already dead, then they're made in the shade (I guess pending an Obi-Wan coroner reveal).
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I'm amazed that Boba was a no-show.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Isgrimnur wrote:I'm amazed that Boba was a no-show.
Well, so we pretty much know that RMC was not Boba-Fett, or else he would have protected himself. Boba might well have not used his power to protect RMC given that it would've had a 30% chance of outing the Boba Fett player, especially if the Boba Fett player hasn't been under much suspicion so far this game.
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

El Guapo wrote:
Well, so we pretty much know that RMC was not Boba-Fett, or else he would have protected himself. Boba might well have not used his power to protect RMC given that it would've had a 30% chance of outing the Boba Fett player, especially if the Boba Fett player hasn't been under much suspicion so far this game.
Lots of players were no-shows. I did not log on last night until this morning figuring I had plenty of time before day broke. Logged on this morning to find day broke, we lynched RMC (well done everyone), and it is back at night. If Boba is among the no-shows he never had a chance to use his ability. Same with Vader. The speed of that lynch could have kept both from using their ability. Be nice if RMC was Vader but I suspect Dooku due to the overvote on Unagi.

Any theories as to why Moliere survived last night and Punisher died in his place?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Re: Star Wars - The Empire's Challenge

Post by Remus West »

1. El Guapo ------>
2. Remus West -->
3. Chaosraven --->
4. Lassr -----------> Uncontested Qui-Gon Jinn
5. Moliere --------> Proven good due to Mon Mothma's ability
6. Archinerd ----->
7. Scoop20906 --->
8. Isgrimnur ------>
9. PLW ----------->
10. Holman ------->
11. Zarathud ------>

Votes:

7 RMC -> Holman, El Guapo, Isgrimnur, Moliere, Lassr, PLW, Archinerd

7 Votes Needed

Dead:
Day 1 - Newcastle -------> Stabbed
Night 1 - Grundbegriff --> Strangled
Day 2 - Tru1cy -----------> Bashed
Night 2 - Vorret ----------> Sacrificed
Day 3 - Unagi -------------> Mobbed
Night 3 - Punisher -------> Drowned
Day 4 - RMC--------------> Pummeled IMPERIAL
Night 5 - ????

11 players - 8 Rebel vs 3 Imperial
2 - "trusted"

Thanks for painting a target on my back Lassr. :evil: :lol:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Holman

Post by Holman »

Remus West wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Lots of players were no-shows. I did not log on last night until this morning figuring I had plenty of time before day broke. Logged on this morning to find day broke, we lynched RMC (well done everyone), and it is back at night. If Boba is among the no-shows he never had a chance to use his ability. Same with Vader. The speed of that lynch could have kept both from using their ability. Be nice if RMC was Vader but I suspect Dooku due to the overvote on Unagi.

Any theories as to why Moliere survived last night and Punisher died in his place?
Wasn't Moliere determined to be a regular Citizen? Or at least he claimed to be so, and he hasn't countered or revealed.

They probably scanned Punisher after he mentioned Obi Wan too many times.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Holman wrote:
Remus West wrote:
El Guapo wrote:

Wasn't Moliere determined to be a regular Citizen? Or at least he claimed to be so, and he hasn't countered or revealed.

You keep saying that but where would they get a scan from? If, as you say here, Punisher was Obi Wan we have not lynched a special unless Newcastle was Talon Karrde and lynching him (while pissing me off that Newcastle would allow us to do that without saying) would not trigger a scan for them as he is not a Jedi.

Only way they have gained a scan is if Joruus C'baoth was on the lynch of RMC. Attacking Punisher was done without knowledge of his role. They may have suspected him of being Obi-Wan - I know I did - but they couldn't have known it for sure any more than I do.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote:
El Guapo wrote:

I guess there's a tiny chance that RMC was Boba and didn't get his power in. But RMC was on at a minimum after he hit the lynch total but before bb2112 posted - I assume that he would've had a chance to put in his "I protect myself!" PM before the lynch is executed. Also possible that a non-RMC Boba would've protected him but wasn't online.

But looking again at Boba Fett's power - I'm not sure why the wolves would use it to protect anyone other than Boba Fett himself. We need to lynch all the wolves to win, and we don't have a shooter. Why risk the 30% chance of exposing another wolf, rather than wait and use it when and if the village stumbles on Boba Fett?

Also seems unlikely that RMC was Vader (because he *probably* would've gotten his force choke in, although I'm not sure if that can 'go off' if his order goes in after he hits n votes). Most likely Dooku, second most like Joruus.
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

El Guapo wrote:
Remus West wrote:
El Guapo wrote:

I guess there's a tiny chance that RMC was Boba and didn't get his power in. But RMC was on at a minimum after he hit the lynch total but before bb2112 posted - I assume that he would've had a chance to put in his "I protect myself!" PM before the lynch is executed. Also possible that a non-RMC Boba would've protected him but wasn't online.

But looking again at Boba Fett's power - I'm not sure why the wolves would use it to protect anyone other than Boba Fett himself. We need to lynch all the wolves to win, and we don't have a shooter. Why risk the 30% chance of exposing another wolf, rather than wait and use it when and if the village stumbles on Boba Fett?

Also seems unlikely that RMC was Vader (because he *probably* would've gotten his force choke in, although I'm not sure if that can 'go off' if his order goes in after he hits n votes). Most likely Dooku, second most like Joruus.
If RMC was Vader or Boba checking in before the lynch is executed does him no good as either power would need to be used before the final vote of the lynch is cast. Still, as I mentioned, I think it more likely he was Dooku since they burned an extra vote on Unagi and those votes gain power with time.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote:
Holman wrote:
Remus West wrote:
El Guapo wrote:

You keep saying that but where would they get a scan from? If, as you say here, Punisher was Obi Wan we have not lynched a special unless Newcastle was Talon Karrde and lynching him (while pissing me off that Newcastle would allow us to do that without saying) would not trigger a scan for them as he is not a Jedi.

Only way they have gained a scan is if Joruus C'baoth was on the lynch of RMC. Attacking Punisher was done without knowledge of his role. They may have suspected him of being Obi-Wan - I know I did - but they couldn't have known it for sure any more than I do.
Could also be that Newcastle was Obi-Wan and Punisher was Talon Karrde.

Most plausible reasons why they lynched Punisher:

(1) Newcastle was Obi-Wan, Punisher was Talon Karrde (and scanned by the wolves)
(2) Wolves don't have a scan, but were guessing that Punisher was Obi-Wan
(3) Wolves are hyper-paranoid about avoiding a blocked night kill, and worried that Moliere or Lassr might be protected
(4) The wolves just couldn't tolerate Punisher's rogueish charm and n'er-do-well attitude any longer.

Well, I guess there's also a wild card insofar as Obi-Wan could've used his 'persuade' power on day 1, only wound up using it on a wolf inadvertently, so the wolves got the 'reward', which was some type of scan. But that seems wildly speculative, so probably not. But who knows?
Black Lives Matter.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

They might have a scan from Newcastle. Punisher was pretty high profile on Day 1, but why wouldn't they have hit or voted him on Day 2?

Punisher changed his voting behavior and started lying low after asking how the specials worked/revealed. With the OB1 reference, he might have been too tempting. Most likely scenario.

Or maybe Vader wanted to clear out the faux Emperor and rule the galaxy.....

Have to expect Jorrus voted on RMC and got a scan, and another jumped on the train if they decided not to use Boba.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

All this talk of scanning doesn't seem likely to me. I think you guys are over thinking this.
Why Punisher first? I suspect possibly the wolves thought killing a suspected Special would be more beneficial than Moliere.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

1. El Guapo ------> Renegade folk hero beloved by the people
2. Remus West -->
3. Chaosraven --->
6. Archinerd ----->
7. Scoop20906 --->
8. Isgrimnur ------>
9. PLW ----------->
10. Holman ------->
11. Zarathud ------>

Three wolves left.

Among those, Scoop was the second vote (after Unagi) on RMC, getting that train going on day 3. Super unlikely that a wolf Scoop would do that when Unagi was under the gun, and RMC hadn't been getting much scrutiny up to that point. Plus Scoop dropped a big special hint last night, so...he's looking pretty good to me right now.

Subsequent RMC votes that day come from Chaosraven, then Remus, then Lassr (uncontested Qui-Gon). Lassr's vote puts RMC at n-2. Probably Chaosraven and Remus are also good - especially Chaosraven, who's vote (#3) is possibly the line between the RMC thing becoming a train and not. *Possible* that Remus's vote is a "which way the wind is blowing" kind of thing, but *probably* not (especially since Remus goes onto articulate a good case against RMC.

Maybe Isgrimnur, Holman, and TBD?
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Given that I've avoided two kill votes, you can safely assume that I am not Joruus C'baoth.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Ok then. I have a lack of faith. How do you react to that?
Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Remus West wrote:
El Guapo wrote:

The only thing I can think is that they are scared of a protection blocking them or like I said before maybe they are just cold harted bastards.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

El Guapo wrote:1. El Guapo ------> Renegade folk hero beloved by the people
2. Remus West -->
3. Chaosraven --->
6. Archinerd ----->
7. Scoop20906 --->
8. Isgrimnur ------>
9. PLW ----------->
10. Holman ------->
11. Zarathud ------>

Three wolves left.

Among those, Scoop was the second vote (after Unagi) on RMC, getting that train going on day 3. Super unlikely that a wolf Scoop would do that when Unagi was under the gun, and RMC hadn't been getting much scrutiny up to that point. Plus Scoop dropped a big special hint last night, so...he's looking pretty good to me right now.

Subsequent RMC votes that day come from Chaosraven, then Remus, then Lassr (uncontested Qui-Gon). Lassr's vote puts RMC at n-2. Probably Chaosraven and Remus are also good - especially Chaosraven, who's vote (#3) is possibly the line between the RMC thing becoming a train and not. *Possible* that Remus's vote is a "which way the wind is blowing" kind of thing, but *probably* not (especially since Remus goes onto articulate a good case against RMC.

Ok, I've suspected Issy since day one but I have to wonder how chaos comes off looking good? He was one of the late votes on Unagi (including you) that along with the secret vote we found out later put him over the top. Only the baddies would have known the vote was over with. I realize we were close to the wire on that vote but there was still a chance someone could have counter him (and eventually did). Both you and chaos don't look very rebellious to me.

I probably should shut up tho.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

El Guapo wrote:Ok then. I have a lack of faith. How do you react to that?
Good. It seems that you've come to the conclusion that ancient weapons and hokey religions are no match for a good blaster at your side.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Scoop20906 wrote:
El Guapo wrote:1. El Guapo ------> Renegade folk hero beloved by the people
2. Remus West -->
3. Chaosraven --->
6. Archinerd ----->
7. Scoop20906 --->
8. Isgrimnur ------>
9. PLW ----------->
10. Holman ------->
11. Zarathud ------>

Three wolves left.

Ok, I've suspected Issy since day one but I have to wonder how chaos comes off looking good? He was one of the late votes on Unagi (including you) that along with the secret vote we found out later put him over the top. Only the baddies would have known the vote was over with. I realize we were close to the wire on that vote but there was still a chance someone could have counter him (and eventually did). Both you and chaos don't look very rebellious to me.

I probably should shut up tho.
I'm mainly talking about the RMC run up here. This was the situation when Chaosraven voted for RMC:
4 Unagi - Zarathud, Moliere, RMC, Holman
2 El Guapo - PLW, Lassr
3 Zarathud - Isgrimnur, Remus West
3 RMC - Archinerd, Unagi, Scoop,
I realize I made a mistake in my analysis of the RMC train - I hadn't realized that Archinerd was already on the RMC vote before the RMC train really got going, so Unagi was the second vote, you the third, Chaosraven the fourth, etc.

Why would a wolf Chaosraven vote for wolf RMC here? Voting for Unagi here wouldn't really have attracted much in the way of suspicion, while voting for RMC here really solidified the RMC train (and brought him to vote parity with Unagi). Hell, unless you think that both me and Zarathud are also wolves (which I know not to be true as to me at least) he's got at least two not-terribly-suspicious non-wolf vote choices at this point.

As for the late vote on Unagi - we're talking really late here. When you posted about "hey, we have some time here" we had about 30 minutes left before the deadline. I get that Lassr could have theoretically come in during those 30 minutes to dispute RMC, but we were coming super close to the deadline. I don't really fault CR (or me, obviously) for that.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Correct me if I have that vote situation wrong, by the way, as this is a little on the fly.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Good. It seems that you've come to the conclusion that ancient weapons and hokey religions are no match for a good blaster at your side.
ok, ok, interesting.

Just to make conversation, I bet you're still super mad about that time that a Jedi cut off your father's head in the middle of an arena melee, eh? I would be pretty sad about that, myself.
Black Lives Matter.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Wouldn't the more productive discussion be about you being on every kill vote, El Guapo?
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

El Guapo wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:
ok, ok, interesting.

Just to make conversation, I bet you're still super mad about that time that a Jedi cut off your father's head in the middle of an arena melee, eh? I would be pretty sad about that, myself.
I wasn't there. I was on another planet far, far away.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Zarathud wrote:Wouldn't the more productive discussion be about you being on every kill vote, El Guapo?
Sure. Let's wrap that in with the discussion about how you were on every kill vote, except for yesterday.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

"Yesterday" being the day 4 lynch of RMC, to be clear.
Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

El Guapo wrote:"Yesterday" being the day 4 lynch of RMC, to be clear.
oooohhhh. SICK BURN!

Enlarge Image

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Scoop20906 wrote:
oooohhhh. SICK BURN!

Enlarge Image
Of himself maybe. The vote we know an Imperial would like to be on is the one that earns them a scan. So basically by being on every Rebel vote and then missing the Imperial vote it suggests that Zarathud is not Joruus C'baoth while El Guapo could be. I assume that was what Zarathud was implying - that El Guapo had been on every vote in hopes of gaining a scan.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
oooohhhh. SICK BURN!

Enlarge Image
Of himself maybe. The vote we know an Imperial would like to be on is the one that earns them a scan. So basically by being on every Rebel vote and then missing the Imperial vote it suggests that Zarathud is not Joruus C'baoth while El Guapo could be. I assume that was what Zarathud was implying - that El Guapo had been on every vote in hopes of gaining a scan.
Personally I don't assign any credit or blame either way for being on or not being on the RMC vote, given that that happened over the course of like 30 minutes or something. I took Zarathud to be referencing PLW's earlier "El Guapo has been on every lynch of a rebel" analysis from the other day, and my point being that that's also true of him.
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Well, I'd say that if Vader would have logged on during that run up he would have probably been inclined to stall in order to see if his cohorts wanted Qui-Gon choked out - after all, removing the protector could be very important to them. If Boba logged on during the run up he may have wished to stall for similar reasons - do his cohorts see reason to save RMC's life. If Joruus logged on he likely jumped on board the train to be sure to get a scan. I'll need to go back and read but a quick read through left me with the impression that everyone who logged on voted for RMC. Whether Joruus was part of that or not simply depends on if he logged on in my eyes.

Now to go back and double check regarding folks logging on and the votes.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote:Well, I'd say that if Vader would have logged on during that run up he would have probably been inclined to stall in order to see if his cohorts wanted Qui-Gon choked out - after all, removing the protector could be very important to them. If Boba logged on during the run up he may have wished to stall for similar reasons - do his cohorts see reason to save RMC's life. If Joruus logged on he likely jumped on board the train to be sure to get a scan. I'll need to go back and read but a quick read through left me with the impression that everyone who logged on voted for RMC. Whether Joruus was part of that or not simply depends on if he logged on in my eyes.

I don't know about people "logged on", but I think everyone who posted between Lassr's reveal and RMC's lynch voted for RMC. A couple people (including Zarathud) trickled in not long after RMC hit the lynch total), for what it's worth.

So not really easy to tell who didn't vote for RMC because they were not in the thread at the time, and who didn't vote for RMC because they didn't want to vote for RMC.
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

El Guapo wrote:
Remus West wrote:Well, I'd say that if Vader would have logged on during that run up he would have probably been inclined to stall in order to see if his cohorts wanted Qui-Gon choked out - after all, removing the protector could be very important to them. If Boba logged on during the run up he may have wished to stall for similar reasons - do his cohorts see reason to save RMC's life. If Joruus logged on he likely jumped on board the train to be sure to get a scan. I'll need to go back and read but a quick read through left me with the impression that everyone who logged on voted for RMC. Whether Joruus was part of that or not simply depends on if he logged on in my eyes.

I don't know about people "logged on", but I think everyone who posted between Lassr's reveal and RMC's lynch voted for RMC. A couple people (including Zarathud) trickled in not long after RMC hit the lynch total), for what it's worth.

So not really easy to tell who didn't vote for RMC because they were not in the thread at the time, and who didn't vote for RMC because they didn't want to vote for RMC.
True. Everyone that posted after Lassr's counter voted for RMC. Only PLW hesitated at all.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Easy. Unagi pinged my radar early as Imperial due to his erratic voting. I did not try to hide my suspicions and openly pushed him on Day 2 and 3. I changed to "three horse" tru1cy on Day 2 only because Unagi made a very good case, and it served as a way to test Unagi. I should have listened to Unagi when he tried to convince me that the Empire (RMC specifically) was using me to set him up.

I didn't vote yesterday because I was shocked Unagi wasn't an Imperial, and I needed time to reread and reassess. By the time I checked in, RMC was already dead. IN AN HOUR.

You seem to get in on ALL the trains, El Guapo, which is what Jorrus would do. I wonder if you deliberately sacrificed a played-out RMC to flush out Qui-Gon and establish cover.

If so, RMC was Dooku and the Empire chose to save Vader and Boba for later.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Zarathud wrote:Easy. Unagi pinged my radar early as Imperial due to his erratic voting. I did not try to hide my suspicions and openly pushed him on Day 2 and 3. I changed to "three horse" tru1cy on Day 2 only because Unagi made a very good case, and it served as a way to test Unagi. I should have listened to Unagi when he tried to convince me that the Empire (RMC specifically) was using me to set him up.

I didn't vote yesterday because I was shocked Unagi wasn't an Imperial, and I needed time to reread and reassess. By the time I checked in, RMC was already dead. IN AN HOUR.

You seem to get in on ALL the trains, El Guapo, which is what Jorrus would do. I wonder if you deliberately sacrificed a played-out RMC to flush out Qui-Gon and establish cover.

If so, RMC was Dooku and the Empire chose to save Vader and Boba for later.
Dooku wasn't played out having used only a single over-vote. Unless he cast another one that never showed up due to someone else getting lynched.