Star Wars - The Empire's Challenge - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Zarathud

Re: Star Wars - The Empire's Challenge - Day 5

Post by Zarathud »

I think the Empire wants a quick lynch today without using Vader or the over vote.

I'm not a special, but I don't think we get another chance at this.

Remus needs to explain and the seer has to have a chance before you decide to lynch me.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Remus West wrote:10. Zarathud ------> Boba Fett night 1
That took some balls.

Hmm, I hope we are not getting faked out here. There is still a chance Jorus got a scan knows that Talon is dead. This could all be a set up...
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Archinerd was quick to turn on that dime from accusing Remus to following him.
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

And before anyone else decides to kill me, Remus would then knowingly chosen to follow me on the tru1cy vote. And then missed the RMC vote.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I'm at n-2. If the overvote is on me, I'm almost dead. Long live the Rebellion.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Izzy and PLW started the day by trying to get a train on El Guapo. Their argument was that he was on every kill vote, and thus he was probably Joruus.

To me that's exactly what Joruuus would try not to do, especially as it became clear that he was standing out thereby.

Remus West's list matches my suspicions with the exception that I was also suspicious of El Guapo for a while. I don't know if Wolf #4 is Scoop or PLW, but I'm comfortable believing #3 is Isgrimnur.

This puts Zarathud at N-1. I truly doubt that Dooku is on him.

Zarathud 

Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

STOP. You're making a terrible mistake....

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

The more you squirm Zarathud, the more I'm convinced.
If it turns out you aren't actually an Imperial, then we are screwed anyway.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Well, you'll know I did everything I could at the end. :D
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Zarathud 

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Voting is now closed
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Star Wars - The Empire's Challenge

Post by bb2112 »

Day 5 Votes - Final:
1. El Guapo ------>
2. Remus West --> Zarathud
3. Lassr -----------> Zarathud
4. Moliere --------> Zarathud
5. Archinerd -----> Zarathud
6. Scoop20906 ---> Zarathud
7. Isgrimnur ------> El Guapo
8. PLW ------------> El Guapo
9. Holman --------> Zarathud
10. Zarathud ------>

Votes:

6 Zarathud -> Archinerd, Lassr, Remus West, Scoop20906, Holman, Moliere
2 El Guapo -> Isgrimnur, PLW

6 Votes Needed

Dead:
Day 1 - Newcastle -------> Stabbed
Night 1 - Grundbegriff --> Strangled
Day 2 - Tru1cy -----------> Bashed
Night 2 - Vorret ----------> Sacrificed
Day 3 - Unagi -------------> Mobbed
Night 3 - Punisher -------> Drowned
Day 4 - RMC --------------> Gallaghered
Night 4 - Chaosraven ---> Beheaded

Deadline:
Deadline:
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

:binky: :coffee: :binky:
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

:binky: :binky: :binky:
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

:binky:
Holman

Post by Holman »

You can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a Force Ghost.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

:binky: ANNIE! :binky:
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

I was thinking that if we do a Star Wars theme again, Obi Won's power should allow him to talk after he's dead.
Probably with additional limits for length and number of times.

Aaaaanyway...
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

If I did not know you are a rebel I would lynch you for that picture.
BTW, if I die tonight you need to lynch Lassr. According to his claims I'm available for protection and my final scan will lock this thing up.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Finding Chaosraven dead in the freezer left many of those remaining quite shaken. “But we killed the bad guy. How can this still be happening.” PLW puts his face in his hands.

Scoop puts his arm around PLW comfortingly. “I know, I know, but we will get through this. You just have to have faith in the force.”

PLW turns to Scoop, “I don’t think the force works that way.”

Isgrimnur overhearing the conversation leans in and says, “Good. It seems that you've come to the conclusion that ancient weapons and hokey religions are no match for a good blaster at your side.”

El Guapo also listening in gets excited, “What you have a blaster? Why didn’t you say so!”

Isgrimnur laughs at El Guapo, “Do you really think you would still be here if I had a blaster?”

Remus walks into the room and starts shouting. “I need everyone to gather ‘round. I have something to discuss.” Slowly everyone files in and sits around the table. There are a lot less faces than there were several days ago. “I gathered you here because I am Talon Karrde and I have some information for you. El Guapo, Holman and Archinerd, you are all just regular citizens caught up in this mess. But Zarathud, he is Boba Fett and needs to die.”

Pandemonium breaks out as everyone takes in what Remus just said. After a few moments Archinerd announces in a loud voice, “Well we know who one of the bastards is, so I think it is time to kill Boba Fett. Where is he?” There is general murmur of ascent as everyone starts to look around.

“I saw him leave to go the bathroom. He said something like he needed to protect himself and really needed to pee. I didn’t really understand it,” Holman chimes in.

“Quick! Find him!” Shouts Remus. “We can’t let him escape!”

Everyone spends the rest of the day looking for Zarathud, but he has disappeared.

Zarathud is Boba Fett and nobody died today
Last edited by bb2112 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bb2112
End of Days

Re: Star Wars - The Empire's Challenge - Night 5

Post by bb2112 »

It is now night

Night: Events happen in turn order
Qui-Gon Jinn: Who will you protect from the night kill?
Mon Mothma: Will you sacrifice yourself for the rebel cause?
Imperials: Who will you kill?
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Which recently deceased will you scan for their identity?
Talon Karrde: Who will you scan to discern their identity?
Joruus C'baoth: If you can, who will you scan to discern their identity?

And the mod is going to finally get some dinner you blood thirsty bastards!
Holman

Post by Holman »

Oh crap.
Boba Fett: Boba may protect one player from a lynch one time in the game. This protection has a 30% chance of revealing his identity. If he is protecting himself, there is a 100% chance of revealing his identity. If the protection is successful, day will immediately turn to night. Boba's PM to the mod on the protection must occur before the final vote. Once the final vote is cast, the lynch will occur.
If Zarathud is Boba Fett like Remus said, his identity would be revealed. It wasn't.

Remus is lying.

The only other possibility is that Qui Gon protected Zarathud last night. I can't imagine why Lassr (if Qui Gon) would have done that.
Holman

Post by Holman »

bb2112 wrote:...
“I saw him leave to go the bathroom. He said something like he needed to protect himself and really needed to pee. I didn’t really understand it,” Holman chimes in.

Nobody died today
bb2112, is this mere flavor text, or are you revealing Zarathud as Boba Fett?
Holman

Post by Holman »

Everything hinges on b2112's answer. If he was telling us that Z revealed himself, disregard what I said about Remus lying.
PLW

Post by PLW »

Wow... This is what happens when I take a 5 hour drive. Nice job, guys. Sorry to pick on you, El Guapo, I guess you ready were just unlucky.

On my cell. Please pardon auto-corrects.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Holman wrote:
bb2112 wrote:...

Nobody died today
bb2112, is this mere flavor text, or are you revealing Zarathud as Boba Fett?
Ironic that you were the one to ask. :lol:

Yeah, I was not clear in my write up. My bad. It is fixed now, and yes Zarathud is Boba Fett.
Last edited by bb2112 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Ah, thank you!
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Gotcha.

Enlarge Image
Holman

Post by Holman »

I believe this proves Remus, although I guess Lassr is still technically uncertain.
Remus West wrote: 1. El Guapo ------> scanned Rebel night 3
2. Remus West --> Talon Karrde
3. Lassr -----------> Uncontested Qui-Gon Jinn
4. Moliere --------> Proven good due to Mon Mothma's ability
5. Archinerd -----> scanned Rebel night 2
6. Scoop20906 --->
7. Isgrimnur ------>
8. PLW ----------->
9. Holman -------> scanned Rebel night 4
10. Zarathud ------> Boba Fett night 1
Zarathud is Boba, and there are two wolves among Scoop, Izzy, and PLW.

Presumably Remus is scanning someone tonight and Lassr is protecting him, so we'll know which of those three is Rebel tomorrow. We'll have the whole set.

But Remus must be able to get the info to us. DOES THIS MEAN REMUS IS IN A RACE AGAINST VADER TO POST BEFORE BEING CHOKED?

If so, it seems weirdly "meta." What if Vader just has more free time than Talon Karrde?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Holman wrote:I believe this proves Remus, although I guess Lassr is still technically uncertain.
6. Scoop20906 --->
7. Isgrimnur ------>
8. PLW ----------->

Presumably Remus is scanning someone tonight and Lassr is protecting him, so we'll know which of those three is Rebel tomorrow. We'll have the whole set.

But Remus must be able to get the info to us. DOES THIS MEAN REMUS IS IN A RACE AGAINST VADER TO POST BEFORE BEING CHOKED?

If so, it seems weirdly "meta." What if Vader just has more free time than Talon Karrde?
actually, I have a 1/3 shot of finding a rebel and a 1/3 shot of finding Vader which would be useless since he just triggers his ability revealing himself anyway.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Also possible that RMC was Vader. I keep hoping for that one.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Remus West wrote:
Holman wrote:I believe this proves Remus, although I guess Lassr is still technically uncertain.
6. Scoop20906 --->
7. Isgrimnur ------>
8. PLW ----------->

actually, I have a 1/3 shot of finding a rebel and a 1/3 shot of finding Vader which would be useless since he just triggers his ability revealing himself anyway.
Right. :oops:

Hopefully you scan the Rebel.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Just be glad no one listened to me. You would have been night killed so fast, Remus. ;)
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Well, that went well. Good job everyone, especially Remus.
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

that was the easiest night protection order I have done this whole game...

and good grief I am glad my naming Remus as my protection a few nights ago didn't backfire.

I debated whether to lie or not.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Holman wrote:
6. Scoop20906 --->
7. Isgrimnur ------>
8. PLW ----------->
If I had to guess, which I do, I would bet Issie & PLW.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

You'd be wrong.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Isgrimnur wrote:You'd be wrong.
You can't lie about that, right? It's like when you ask someone if they're a cop, they have to say yes if they are.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Can't? No. Haven't? Yes.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Well, my restriction on vaporizing you chumps is about to expire with the dawn. Before you lynch me, know that I have a hand flamer, solid pistol at my side and a freakin' missile on my jetpack. And you don't have Skywalker on your side....

Blam-blam-ba-ba-blam!

:D