Star Wars - The Empire's Challenge - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Grundbegriff

Re: Star Wars - The Empire's Challenge

Post by Grundbegriff »

Announcing before roles go out that I'll be playing in a more engaged, and earlier-engaged, way this time. Don't read anything into it. Just stirring the style stew.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Grundbegriff wrote:Announcing before roles go out that I'll be playing in a more engaged, and earlier-engaged, way this time. Don't read anything into it. Just stirring the style stew.
Saving this for later so I can reference it as justification for my vote.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Grundbegriff wrote:Announcing before roles go out that I'll be playing in a more engaged, and earlier-engaged, way this time. Don't read anything into it. Just stirring the style stew.
You're not the boss of me!
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

El Guapo wrote:

Don't read anything into it.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Moliere wrote:
El Guapo wrote:

Oh! That would be a cool power! Obi-Wan makes a player vote for someone of Obi-Wan's choice once in the game. That is just evil.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Moliere wrote:
El Guapo wrote:

Fortunately for me Episode I established that force persuasion doesn't work on Jews:

Black Lives Matter.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Eets Pahfeckly Regal.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

bb2112 wrote:Oh! That would be a cool power! Obi-Wan makes a player vote for someone of Obi-Wan's choice once in the game. That is just evil.
Endorsed! And it's not too late to add that to this game!

Obi-Wan could notify the Mod. The Mod could notify the target that he must vote against X and that he may not quote or reproduce the Mod's text.

Meanwhile, anyone could lie and say "Obi made me do it!"
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Grundbegriff 

...actually, I don't mind if you add or replace one of the others to do this. Sounds interesting.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Grundbegriff wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Oh! That would be a cool power! Obi-Wan makes a player vote for someone of Obi-Wan's choice once in the game. That is just evil.

Obi-Wan could notify the Mod. The Mod could notify the target that he must vote against X and that he may not quote or reproduce the Mod's text.

I like it! One time power?
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

This is not the Wolf you're looking for.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Lassr wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:

For Chaos sake, once per day.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:

For Chaos sake, once per day.
Wouldn't that just duplicate your play style?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

IMO, hidden votes and "compelled to" don't always make for the best game moments. YMMV
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Grundbegriff wrote: Meanwhile, anyone could lie and say "Obi made me do it!"
In some ways this would make Obi-Wan's prospective power here more of an asset for the wolves than a problem. A wolf can use it to justify an odd vote, or to cause shenanigans. Meanwhile an Obi-Wan compelled vote is no more accurate than any village vote, except in the unlikely event that Obi-Wan is able to catch a wolf in a spoof due to his coroner scan.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

El Guapo wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote: Meanwhile, anyone could lie and say "Obi made me do it!"
In some ways this would make Obi-Wan's prospective power here more of an asset for the wolves than a problem. A wolf can use it to justify an odd vote, or to cause shenanigans. Meanwhile an Obi-Wan compelled vote is no more accurate than any village vote, except in the unlikely event that Obi-Wan is able to catch a wolf in a spoof due to his coroner scan.
This is what I was thinking. It is more of a Wolfy power than team good guy. But what the hey, let's throw it out there as see what happens. I will make the adjustment.

Sorry for not getting roles out last night. Had unexpected company that threw off my whole evening. Roles will be coming out shortly. :D
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Roles are out - Just waiting for everyone to receive them.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Can I vote for someone now? :wub:
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Red Leader, reporting in.
Black Lives Matter.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

okay, I just wanted to put it out there that I am Darth Revan too, but pay no attention to that...
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Also, what is the Empire challenging us to? A spirited game of flag football? To be better men?
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

The Mission:

“The Rebels are gathered at Yavin and must be destroyed. With the construction of our new Deathstar not yet complete, we will have to go in personally and eliminate them. We cannot take the chance they may escape.” Vader looked at the faces gathered around the table. “Count Dooku, relay the plan.”

Count Dooku stands up to face the rest of the team. “Of course, my Lord Vader. Our scientists have developed a new type of gas that will render all those that encounter it unconscious. We will be inoculated against the effects. It will be a simple matter of collecting the Rebel high command to stand trial and killing the rest.”

A loud cackle comes from a scruffy looking old man sitting at the far end of the table. “You think it is going to be just that easy do you? Spray some gas and take out the whole Rebel high command in one fell swoop.” He continued his insane chuckle. “And you say I am the one that is mad.”

“Yes, it will be that simple,” Dooku retorted coldly. He did not like Joruus C’Baoth. Just because Joruus was a Jedi Master he felt he was better than those gathered here and that grated on Dooku’s nerves.

“I think not,” Joruus said in a sing song voice. “The Rebels have Jedi there. If you are so foolish as to think this can be finished with some gas, then –“

“Enough!” shouted Vader pounding the table. “Make your preparations and meet at the ship. We leave in one hour.”

Boba Fett immediately stands and walks out the door quickly followed by a disgusted Count Dooku. Vader waited until just he and C’Boath were left in the room and put both of his hands on the table and leaned forward looking straight at Joruus. “I don’t know why the emperor commanded you come with us on this mission, but I will not tolerate any disobedience. You will follow orders or face the consequences.”

Joruus breaks out in a grin, “Yes Lord Vader. No Lord Vader. Whatever you say Lord Vader,” and then cackles again in his grating insane laughter.

Vader stands there, staring for a moment, weighing his options. He could kill Joruss now, but the emperor would not be pleased, or he could just arrange for an “accident” on Yavin. Having quickly made his decision he turned and walked out of the room. Leaving C’Boath to chortle uncontrollably by himself.

Yavin:

“Yes, our spies tell us that the Empire does know our base is on Yavin. However, since their Deathstar is not yet operational, we have time to look for a new base. Hoth seems like the most likely candidate at this time. I have sent some key personnel there for reconnaissance while we make preparations to move the base,” Mon Mothma sighed a heavy sigh. She hated all this moving and hiding. More than once she wished the core worlds would separate from the Empire and openly join the Rebellion to tip the scales in the Rebel’s favor. Wishful thinking.

Talon raised his hand to catch Mon’s attention. “I believe the supplies I have dropped off should sustain you for a while. If it is ok, I would like to return to my base.”

Mon gave a small smile, “I’m afraid not Mr. Kaarde. We will need your supply ships to help carry necessary cargo from here to our new base once we determine where that might be.”

Talon’s face went blank. “That was not part of our deal. I deliver supplies. You pay for supplies. That’s our deal.”

“Yes, yes of course,” said Mothma placatingly trying to soothe the obviously angry smuggler. “You will be paid handsomely for your services Mr. Karrde. But we will still require your ships. Moving an entire base is not an easy task”

Talon looked around the room and knew he would not find any support among those gathered. “Fine, but I set the price for my services and it will not be cheap. Also the prices for future supply shipments have just increased.”

Qui-Gon gives a meaningful look at Mon Mothma and turns back to Karrde, “Talon, we are all friends here. Maybe we can-“ A loud explosion interrupts the rest of Qui Gon’s sentence and a white gas starts pouring through the vents. “Quickly, everyone hold their breath!" he shouts. Qui Gon tries to leap to the door but his legs refuse to do his bidding. He looks at the back of his hands and notices the mist was putting a sheen on his skin. Suddenly the room starts to spin. He watches Obi-Wan almost reach the door before he collapses in a heap on the floor. Everything goes black.

The Situation:

Vader and the others rush into the main conference room to see the prone bodies lying on the floor. Just as the door shuts behind his team, several of the bodies start stirring. That wasn’t supposed to be happening. Someone, who was it? No matter. Someone assured him that the effects of the gas would keep his victims unconscious for at least 24 hours. Considering the fire storm he and his team just had to endure to make it to this room showed that there was something seriously wrong the assessment of the gas’s effects. The Rebels have gone bezerk. It seems as if they were unconscious for only a few minutes before they woke up and went into some kind of paranoia induced murderous rage. They seemed to be bent on killing anyone and everyone. The only good news is that the Rebels are just as concerned with killing each other as they are with killing the Empire’s strike team. Just then there was an explosion outside the door and the ground shook knocking anyone that managed to get to their feet on the ground again. He listened as the loud rumble lasted for several long seconds. It sounded as if there was a massive cave in just behind the door. Vader turned to the door to open it and it wouldn’t budge. He turned back to watch the people slowly getting up and notices he doesn’t recognize anyone except for Joruus, Boba and Dooku. The only three that managed to stay with him during his flight through the corridors of the Rebel base. For some reason the antidote must have partially worked because he could still recognize those he came with, but the rest of the Rebels gathered were a complete mystery. It suddenly clicks, the gas has short circuited the recognition centers of the brain. Mon Mothma and other high ranking Rebels are here, but which ones are they? Another realization crashes in on him. He and his team are vastly outnumbered. This is going to be a little more difficult than at first planned especially with the door being blocked and no reinforcements coming soon. Damn Joruus for being right.

One of the Rebels stands up and points to Boba, “Who are you? Are you here to kill me? No wait!” he points to the person standing next to him, “No, it is you who are trying to kill me! Oh no, maybe you are all trying to kill me!” he exclaims while slowly backing into the corner.

“Calm down,” another man stands up clutching his head in obvious pain. “I don’t know who any of you are, but we have obviously been attacked by the Empire. There are traitors among us and we need to figure out who they are.”

The first man gets an insane light in his eyes. “Yes, of course. There are traitors here and we must find them. Find them, and kill them.” The second man nods his head at these words as if it was the most logical conclusion in the universe. “Great! So who should we put to the question first?”

Day 1 will start as soon as I have confirmation that all roles have been received.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Red Leader, this is Gold Leader.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

You guys are impressive. Just waiting on 5 more to pick up their roles. :D
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

present
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

It should have been me!
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Excellent intro BB!
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

There's an easy way to solve this problem. Who are the bucket heads?
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

All Roles have been received. It is Day 1 - Game on!
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle wrote:Excellent intro BB!
Punisher

Re: Star Wars - The Empire's Challenge - Day 1

Post by Punisher »

I'm in.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Our first lynch is fairly obvious...

Punisher 

Just LOOK AT HIM!!!
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
PLW

Post by PLW »

Game on!
Holman

Post by Holman »

So is this game canonical or what?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Holman wrote:So is this game canonical or what?
It's more of a parallelogram.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Star Wars is trapezoidal, and you know it.

Enlarge Image
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Vorret wrote:Our first lynch is fairly obvious...

Punisher 

Just LOOK AT HIM!!!
Hey we should all change our avatar to our role, you know for flavor only. :D

Black Lives Matter
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Lassr wrote:

Punisher 

Just LOOK AT HIM!!!
I was going to say we should all huff hallucinogenic gas to get in character.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Archinerd wrote:
Lassr wrote:

Punisher 

Just LOOK AT HIM!!!
I was going to say we should all huff hallucinogenic gas to get in character.
Who the hell are you and why are you trying to kill me?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Punisher 

Just LOOK AT HIM!!!
Spoken like the Rebel Scum that you obviously are.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us