Starship R. Scott III - Guards Win!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Scoop20906

Starship R. Scott III - Guards Win!

Post by Scoop20906 »

Starship R. Scott III

Coming at the conclusion of Star Wars...

Players in Stasis:
1. Lagom Lite
2. chaosraven
3. Holman
4. Remus West
5. Moliere
6. Archinerd
7. bb2112
8. Isgrimnur
9. Grundbegriff
10. El Guapo
11. Vorret
12. tru1cy
Last edited by Scoop20906 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Re: Starship R. Scott III - Sign ups in progress

Post by Scoop20906 »

Proposed Rulez - Open to suggestions

Roles:

Humans:

Enlarge Image
Marine Guard (2)
The Marine Guard has been hired to work at Corrections Station 22 for the next 5 Terran years. You are unarmed however you do possess a single-use (once per game) pocket incinerator gun which can be used to kill any player even if in cryo lockdown. Only one marine guard can do this per day.

Enlarge Image
Engineer (2)
The Engineer is employed by Divergent Corp. to perform maintenance activities at Corrections Station 22 and also has maintenance experience with cryo pods. Once per day period, the Engineer may secretly (by sending a PM to the moderator) disengage a locked down cryo pod freeing it's occupant.

Enlarge Image
Computer Hacker (1)
The Computer Hacker is a criminal being sent for imprisonment by Divergent Corp. to Corrections Station 22 for hacking their network. The Computer Hacker can decrypt a single cryo pod medical report from main computer once per Course Correction. The medical report will reveal if that player is a role, host human, symbiont or alien. The decrypted medical report will be sent to CICP Communications for everyone to read. The Computer Hacker will not be revealed when performing this power. The Computer Hacker wants to survive but also wants to take control of the ship and escape. The Computer Hacker must perform a scan each course correction. If no response is received by the deadline, random.org will choose the scan target.

Convict (5)
The Convict is a criminal being sent for imprisonment by Divergent Corp. to Corrections Station 22 for various crimes. The convict wants to survive but also wants to take control of the ship and escape.

Divergent Corp.

Enlarge Image
Symbiont
The Symbiont is an artificial human being but very real looking. The Symbiont has orders from Divergent Corp. to secure an alien organism sample in a locked down cryo pod. All other personnel aboard are expendable. The Symbiont must ensure that least one alien player is locked down in a cryo pod at the end of the 6th course corrections. The Symbiont can engage a cryo pod's lockdown mode once per each course correction. The Symbiont is immune to an alien attack or implant attempt and will live through the encounter but will not learn the identity of his attacker. The alien will lost the egg in the implant attempt.

Alien Organism

Alien Organism
The Alien Organism has to ability to kill or implant an alien egg in human beings turning them into hosts. The alien player only has two eggs. However, the process is time consuming and can only be performed during the course correction when the humans are incapacitated in their cryo pods. The alien organism can not attack players in a locked down cryo pod.

NEW RULE: The alien organism can choose to send a tweet at the beginning of each day. The tweet will be delivered by the main computer (moderator). The tweet will not identify who the alien organism is.

Host Humans
Host humans will be unaware they carry an egg inside them.

Role Cliff Notes:

Humans
- Marine Guard01 (pocket incinerator gun - one shot - During Day)
- Marine Guard02 (pocket incinerator gun - one shot - During Day)
- Engineer01 (can disengage a cryo pod's lockdown mode)
- Engineer02 (can disengage a cryo pod's lockdown mode)
- Computer Hacker (Can decrypt cryo pod medical report (reveals role, host human, symbiont or alien) from main computer once per Course Correction)
- Convict01
- Convict02
- Convict03
- Convict04
- Convict05

Divergent Corp.
- Symbiont (can engage a cryo pod's lockdown mode during course correction; immune and will survive an alien implant attempt)

Alien Organism
- Alien Organism (ability to to kill or implant an alien egg )
- Host Human (unaware they carry an egg inside them)

Victory Conditions
Human Victory: Alien organism is destroyed and all human hosts are destroyed before arriving at Earth in 6 course corrections.
Human Sub-Victory A - Marine Guards and Engineer: When the overall human victory is achieved, Marine Guard, Engineer, and Symbiont are equal to or out number the Computer Hacker and Convicts.
Human Sub-Victory B - Computer Hacker and Convicts: When the overall human victory is achieved, Computer Hacker and Convicts out number the Marine Guard, Engineer, and Symbiont.
Alien Victory: Alien organism wins if it and/or a human host is alive and not locked down in its cryo pod when the STARSHIP arrives at earth.

Divergent Corp Victory: The alien organism and/or at least one host human is locked down in its cryo pod at the end of 6 course corrections. The Symbiont does not need to be alive to win.

The Rules

Private Messaging / Forum Posts:
There will be no private forums or private messages between players.

Text sent to players by the Moderator may not be copied and/or shared with other players at any time.

Gentleman's Rule of No Edits (i.e. Edit at your own peril, it's your fellow players you need to satisfy)
Edits to "Game Vote Tally" posts are allowed, as long as the posts contain no 'commentary'.

Length of Game:
The game will last SIX (6) Course Corrections and Day cycles. The STARSHIP will arrive at earth at the end of the 6th day. At that point the game will end and a victory condition will be determined unless a victory condition has already been achieved. The game begins with a Course Correction (night) and players will be in their cryo pods.

Days and Course Corrections:
During course corrections, players must enter to their cryo pods to service the ship's accelerations and de-accelerations. The Symbiont and Alien players are immune to Course corrections and may leave their cryo pods according their specific role rulez.

Cryo Pod Lockdown:
Players who's cryo pod was locked down may not post or vote in the main game thread and are considered in stasis. However, the player's cryo pod may be disengaged by the engineer so please pay attention to the game. Players who are locked down in a cryo pod may be voted for. The alien organism may NOT attempt to implant a egg into a player that has been locked down in his cryo pod. The guards MAY use their one shot incinerator guns to kill a player who is locked down in their cryo pod.

Game Sequencing:

Course Correction Boilerplate:
Computer Hacker: Which player's cryo pod medical report will you decrypt?
Symbiont: Will you lock down a player's cryo pod?
Alien: Who will you attempt to kill OR who will you attempt to implant an egg into?

All Course Correction Play orders must be in before the hard deadline, or forfeit.

Night Sequence of Resolution:
Symbiont order is processed.
Alien's order is processed.
Computer Hacker's medical report is decrypted.

Beginning of Day Sequence:
Results are sent to all relevant parties...

Beginning of Day Play Boilerplate:
Computer Hacker's medical report is announced in the main thread (Computer Hacker is not revealed).
Guard, will you use your pocket incinerator gun today?
Engineer, will you disengage a cryo pod's lockdown?

Voting:
Each day players will be able to place a vote for the player they wish to thrown out the airlock. Players that are locked down in a cryo pod can not be voted for.

Only votes (and withdraws) cast with the   tag are official.

A majority vote will close voting.
If the Day ends without a majority reached no player will be thrown out the airlock.

Deaths:
Dying player will always be revealed to be either Human, Host Human, Symbiont, or Alien. Specific player roles will not be revealed. 

Last edited by Scoop20906 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Game Events:

Night One:
Locked Down: Remus West
Medical Report: Holman - Marine Guard.

Day One:

Night Two:

Day Two:

Night Three:

Day Three:

Night Four:

Day Four:

Night Five:

Day Five:

Night Six:

Day Six:
Last edited by Scoop20906 on Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Frequently Asked Questions
Grundbegriff wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Night Sequence of Resolution:
Symbiont order is processed.
Alien's order is processed.
Computer Hacker's medical report is decrypted.
If the Symbiont starts the nightCourse Correction by locking a pod, and the Alien designated the person in that pod as an infection target, does the Alien's attempt fail? Or is the Alien able to unlock, infect, and relock?
scoop20906 wrote:My first instinct is that the attempt is blocked, is a miss but he doesn't lose the egg. Still pretty devastating since there only six nights.
---
Lagom Lite wrote:Scoop, can the symbiont lock down his own cryopod? (If not, we know that Remus West is not the symbiont).
scoop20906 wrote:Yes, the symbiont can lock down his own cryo pod.
---
Lagom Lite wrote:Scoop, is the Hacker is locked down by the symbiont during the course correction, does the Hacker still scan?
scoop20906 wrote:No.
---
Lagom Lite wrote:Scoop, if the Alien is locked down by the symbiont during the course correction, does the Alien still kill/convert?
---
Lagom Lite wrote:Scoop, can the Alien organism send a tweet even while locked down in its cryopod?
---
Holman wrote:Scoop, if the Alien misses the deadline, would no text message be sent, or would we get a random garble like we just saw (akin to the way the hacker gets his scan randomized if he doesn't put in a pick)?
scoop20906 wrote:If the alien misses the deadline, no tweet will be sent.
Last edited by Scoop20906 on Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:05 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Holman

Post by Holman »

IN the pipe, five by five! 

Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

In
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

I'm Human
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Count me in again.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

You know I'm in!
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Maybe I can not get myself immediately lynched on this journey.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Isgrimnur wrote:Maybe I can not get myself immediately lynched on this journey.
Dare to dream. :D
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

The rulez have been adjusted since the last time. No longer are their alien conversions. Instead the Alien can implant an egg (infact) a human making them an unknown human host however he can only do it twice and if he tries to implant the symbiont he loses that egg. Alien can also just kill a player also.

So, there will be no baddie forum in this game.

There are still only 6 days/nights. I'd love to hear feedback.

Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

What do the alien hosts do after they are converted, just try to survive and help mommy?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Archinerd wrote:What do the alien hosts do after they are converted, just try to survive and help mommy?
They have no idea they are infected. They continue to try to meet their team's victory condition. There is no cure so if they find out they are infected (through the hacker's scan) then for the good of humanity that can choose to self-vote.

I'm open to working in a medic or something but for now I prefer the paranoia.

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Back from vacation and IN the mood.
Holman

Post by Holman »

This game style looks great. But I'm new to it, so here's my first newbie question:

How does the symbiont have the slightest idea who is the alien or who has become a host? Without any knowledge, is he just locking down via solitary player's intuition?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

He has no tools for determining who is the alien other than people's reactions. But remember his goal is to lock down a alien or host by the time the shop reaches earth.

This isn't an easy role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holman

Post by Holman »

How do the day actions play out?

Do the marines and engineers all PM you before we get any results from you (all simultaneously), or do you report events as you receive them?

For example, if the day starts with a marine locked in a pod, if an engineer unlocks the pod, does the marine get a chance to use his kill that same day?

If the two marines burn each other simultaneously, who dies?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

In
Black Lives Matter.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

How often can the Engineer unlock cry pods? I'm reading it as once per day.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Archinerd wrote:How often can the Engineer unlock cry pods? I'm reading it as once per day.
Yep. Once per day.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Holman wrote:How do the day actions play out?

Do the marines and engineers all PM you before we get any results from you (all simultaneously), or do you report events as you receive them?

For example, if the day starts with a marine locked in a pod, if an engineer unlocks the pod, does the marine get a chance to use his kill that same day?

If the two marines burn each other simultaneously, who dies?
I process orders as I get them by PM.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Timestamp checks.

Scoop20906

Re: Starship R. Scott III - Two spots left!!

Post by Scoop20906 »

So let me talk about what drama I want from this game.

I want the tension between the two human groups to grow as they grasp with wanting to have the majority when the alien/hosts are eliminated. Lack of information can lead to paranoia but it can also lead to frustration.

I don't want the alien to ever feel comfortable since he is by himself with no hope for support. He just wants to lay his eggs and lay low.

They symbiont wants to keep at least one alien/host alive so he will be locking down who he thinks is acting like an alien or who is causing him trouble. The symbiont can lock down players and can control the dynamic of the convicts vs the humans.

Remember that locked down players can not post/vote and do not count towards victory totals.

And remember when the game starts the humans are unaware who are guards or convicts. This is where the initial tension needs to arise. The convicts need to guards but don't want them to get the upper can.

Holman

Post by Holman »

Since the hacker/seer's info is always public and can't be skipped or withheld, does the first day with no report mean the hacker is dead, or does Random.org continue to provide scans?
Scoop20906

Starship R. Scott III - Two spots left!!

Post by Scoop20906 »

Holman wrote:Since the hacker/seer's info is always public and can't be skipped or withheld, does the first day with no report mean the hacker is dead, or does Random.org continue to provide scans?
Yep. Once the scans stop it means the hackers is dead.

Last edited by Scoop20906 on Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Very cool. I think with several factions there is less need for rigid balancing, players will try to sort that out (are you more afraid of the Alien currently than of the convicts, for example).
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

in!
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

in
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Marine Guard (2)
The Marine Guard has been hired to work at Corrections Station 22 for the next 5 Terran years. You are unarmed however you do possess a single-use pocket incinerator gun which once per day can be used to kill any player even if in cryo lockdown.

Is that supposed to read once per game?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Also I enjoy how they're described as unarmed, however they do have a lethal gun.
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

bb2112 wrote:Marine Guard (2)
The Marine Guard has been hired to work at Corrections Station 22 for the next 5 Terran years. You are unarmed however you do possess a single-use pocket incinerator gun which once per day can be used to kill any player even if in cryo lockdown.

The pair of them can clear the ship by day five.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I'll play
(On spring break until monday)
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Unagi wrote:I'll play
(On spring break until monday)
Sorry, looks like tru1cy grabbed the last spot. Next time.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

bb2112 wrote:Marine Guard (2)

This is poorly worded. New script:
The Marine Guard has been hired to work at Corrections Station 22 for the next 5 Terran years. You are unarmed however you do possess a single-use (use it and lose it) pocket incinerator gun which can be used to kill any player even if in cryo lockdown. Only one marine guard can do this per day.

Holman

Re: Starship R. Scott III - Game Full

Post by Holman »

So the marines (between them) get one kill a day?

Seems like there will be a race to post the kill order every morning.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

New Rule:
Alien Organism
The Alien Organism has to ability to kill or implant an alien egg in human beings turning them into hosts. The alien player only has two eggs. However, the process is time consuming and can only be performed during the course correction when the humans are incapacitated in their cryo pods. The alien organism can not attack players in a locked down cryo pod.

NEW RULE: The alien organism can choose to send a tweet at the beginning of each day. The tweet will be delivered by the main computer (moderator). The tweet will not identify who the alien organism is.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Holman wrote:So the marines (between them) get one kill a day?

Remember they can only use their fire gun one time the whole game.

Holman

Post by Holman »

Does anyone else gets to send a tweet through the moderator? Or is it just for Alien gloating?
Holman

Post by Holman »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Holman wrote:So the marines (between them) get one kill a day?

Remember they can only use their fire gun one time the whole game.
Ah! Clearer.