This is an attempt to make a forum game out of the card game. The card game lasts about 15 minutes, depending on the group size. The entire game takes place after one round of Night actions.
This game will last a maximum of 7 days.
The number of roles in the game is dependent upon the group size.
- There will be 3 roles more the number of players (so if there are 8 players, there will be 11 roles in the game).
- The roles in the game will be announced at the start of the game. Roles guaranteed to be in the game are Wolves (x2), Seer, and at least one Villager.
- The +3 role requirement will be filled up with extra Villagers if the sign ups are large enough to require it.
- Mason (x2)
- Members of an ancient secret society, the Masons have discrete methods for noticing other members of their order. If the Masons are in the game, they will be told who their partner is. If they have no partner, the other Role is one of the three Graves.
- Delving into the spirit world, the Seer is able to divine someone's identity. As it is more difficult to touch the living, the Seer only has time to examine one person during the Night. Alternatively, the Seer may examine two of the three Graves.
- Believing that life is all about the LOLs and possessing secrets of the Dark Arts, the Troublemaker may swap two Targets'' identities without their knowledge. The Troublemaker does not learn what the identities are and his magic is so powerful that the Targets completely assume their new identity without knowing what it is (meaning they win with the team of their new identity).
- A sufferer of an obsessive/compulsive disorder, the Insomniac expresses his illness by obsessively validating his existence (identity). The Insomniac has not known a good Night's sleep in years and always wakes up before sunrise to perform his ritual.
- A man with a gun and unafraid to use it, the Hunter will make sure his choice for Werewolf will die if the Hunter is chosen for death.
- Powerless, alone, and afraid, the Villager hopes the Powerful will protect him and rid their camp of the Werewolf scourge!
- A bad seed since birth, the Robber wants what others have. The Robber may choose to steal his Target's identity. In so doing, he learns his new identity and frames his Target as the Robber (meaning the Target wins with the Village). The Robber assumes his new identity completely and wins with his identity's team (so if he assumes the role of a Werewolf, he wins with the Werewolves).
- The Drunk proclivity for over indulgence is a never ending source of trouble for him. During the Night, the Drunk will awake so disoriented that he forgets who he is and will stumble over to one of the Graves and swap identities hoping for a new lease on life. He will then promptly fall asleep without ever learning what his new identity is - which is unfortunate as he will win with whichever team that new identity is on.
- The Tanner chose...poorly. Never the sharpest tool in the shed, the Tanner got his job because he liked the idea of wearing earth tones and thought that was all that was involved. Since he's learned the awful truth, he hates his job and simply wants to die. The Tanner will win if he can get everyone to kill him. How that effects the rest of the camp remains to be seen.
- Werewolf (x2)
- The Werewolves camp to this camp separately but know each other on sight. They are looking to make it through just one more day.
- Ever the toady, the Minion has pledged himself to aide lycanthropes everywhere and has developed a method for identifying them. As they can be ill mannered masters at times, the Minion believes it best to work from the shadows and keep the Werewolves unaware of his presence.
- Roles are randomly assigned leaving three roles unassigned (Grave A, B and C)
- After all roles are received, orders are sent into the Moderator and resolved in the following order:
- Werewolves are told who their partner is (if any)
- Minion is told who the Werewolves are (if any)
- Masons are told who their partner is (if any)
- Seer has a Vision
- Robber may choose to swap Roles with the Target.
- Troublemaker may choose to switch the cards of two other players.
- Drunk must choose a Grave to swap Roles with.
- Insomniac verifies what Role they have.
- Voting occurs at the expiration of the time limit.
- All votes are secret and the only official votes are those submitted to the Moderator.
- Votes can be submitted to the Mod at any time and can be changed up until the deadline.
- Any vote not received by the deadline is forfeit.
- If the group deems there is no need for further conversation and can declare unanimously that it is time to vote, the vote can be held early. To trigger this event,
- Votes will be tallied and announced. The leading vote total is lynched. In the event of a tie, all tied players are lynched.
- Everyone on Team Good wins if at least one Werewolf if lynched - EVEN IF players other than a Werewolf are lynched!
- It is theoretically possible that no one will be a Werewolf. In this case, the only way for the Village to win is if no one dies.
- Team Evil wins if at least one player was a Werewolf and no Werewolves die.
- Team Fluid wins with whichever team they end up on (see specific roles for details).
- If the Tanner is in the game, then
- If the Tanner dies and no Werewolves die, the Werewolves DO NOT win.
- If the Tanner dies and a Werewolf also dies, Team Good wins.
- If the Tanner dies and there were no Werewolves, Team Good loses.