One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Game over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Archinerd

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - It is Day

Post by Archinerd »

Any other "seers" want to come forward with their scan to make this a 3-way?

btw, I'm Insomniac.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Archinerd wrote:Any other "seers" want to come forward with their scan to make this a 3-way?

btw, I'm Insomniac.
Well? Share some info with us...
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I thought the insomniac just *knew* his role.
Where all of us could have been jumbled.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Holman wrote:OK, this game won't take long. I can't think of a reason to wait on this:

I have had back-to-back dumb luck in recent sessions. Last time I shot the Alien on Day One. This time I am the Seer, and I scanned Vorret because of the running joke that we should lynch Vorret.

Well guess what? Vorret is a werewolf.
Interesting now that I have thought on it for a bit.
String him up! I've already voted.
This is a bad idea. We need to hear from the Robber and Troublemaker - either of whom could have altered the role card after your scan.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote:Night Activities
  • Roles are randomly assigned leaving three roles unassigned (Grave A, B and C)
  • After all roles are received, orders are sent into the Moderator and resolved in the following order:
    1. Werewolves are told who their partner is (if any)
    2. Minion is told who the Werewolves are (if any)
    3. Masons are told who their partner is (if any)
    4. Seer has a Vision
    5. Robber may choose to swap Roles with the Target.
    6. Troublemaker may choose to switch the cards of two other players.
    7. Drunk must choose a Grave to swap Roles with.
    8. Insomniac verifies what Role they have.
So, steps 1, 2, 3 are the various players being told their 'original' role and who their partners are (or were).

Assuming Holman is (or at least was) the seer here...

Step 4. The seer. We assume at this point the Seer scans a living player (Vorret, in this case) and is told Vorret is a wolf. If Holman REALLY is the Seer, then Vorret REALLY is or was a werewolf in Steps 1,2,3.

Step 5. The Robber. If he switched places with the Seer, the Seer doesn't know it, and the Robber should tell The Seer and all of us about this... if he Switched with the wolf - he would just let the wolf (Vorret in this story) get lynched and keep quiet.
Step 6. The Troublemaker. This guy could have switched the cards of Vorret and Holman - and since he is on Team Good - he should announce this (or any other Switch) so that we can act on 'the real wolf'
Step 7. The Drunk. He changed roles with one of the Graves, and has no clue what role that is. No help.
Step 8. The Insomniac is told in the morning "You are still the Insomniac" or "You are now a ______ " . Which may be relevant.

Or Holman came out with a bold lie (as the Tanner or a wolf hoping to be seen as the Tanner), but Holman isn't playing this like maybe he is a liar, and Moliere pretty much is seemingly playing it that way.

I agree with Remus in that the Robber and Troublemaker are next to step up with anything they feel can help here.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Archinerd wrote:Any other "seers" want to come forward with their scan to make this a 3-way?

btw, I'm Insomniac.
Uh... is there some kind of special rulez where you have to mention your role twice. :ninja:
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Holman wrote:
Vorret wrote:It's so bright in here.
Yeah, whats the deal with this?

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Holman wrote:
Vorret wrote:It's so bright in here.
Yeah, whats the deal with this?
It's ... day ?
Isgrimnur wrote:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote:Werewolves are told who their partner is (if any) - they will probably not tell us
Minion is told who the Werewolves are (if any) - he will probably not tell us
Masons are told who their partner is (if any) - they who are not appearing in this game
Seer has a Vision - should tell us
Robber may choose to swap Roles with the Target. - should tell us who he swapped with as that person is not a wolf.
Troublemaker may choose to switch the cards of two other players. - should have done so and should tell us who he swapped so they can tell us what the other person now is.
Drunk must choose a Grave to swap Roles with.
Insomniac verifies what Role they have. - should verify to us what he now is.
heh

sorry... you basically already said everything I said above ages ago.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

I'm the drunk, or at least I was at a the beginning of the night. I swapped with grave number two and have no idea who I am now. Sorry, very little help.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Grave number 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Moliere wrote:
Holman wrote:We win if we kill a Wolf. If the Tanner also dies, we still win--but the secret vote makes this difficult because the only way to get two deaths is to engineer a tie. It's going to be hard to make a secret ballot turn out accurately. (My understanding is that if we kill the Tanner but fail to kill a Wolf, *only* the Tanner wins.)
With 9 players a tie vote is unlikely. You See too much.

Enlarge Image
So one guy doesn't vote and we have 4-4, or we threeway the vote 3-3-3

Not the Seer, btw
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

He's obviously drunk can't believe a word out of his mouth
Isgrimnur wrote:
Holman

Post by Holman »

Scoop20906 wrote:Grave number 2?
There are more roles than players. Those not allocated to players are in "graves," but some roles can swap with them.

(Remember that this is a card game. The grave roles are cards not assigned to players.)
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf

Post by bb2112 »

At 11:00AM
Holman wrote:I think I'm still trying to get my head around this.

The whole game is one lynch vote, right? There is no wolf kill, and there are no deaths other than (a) the victim (or victims if tied) of the lynch and possibly (b) the hunter's chosen target if he is lynched. Is that correct?

At 11:22AM
Moliere wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Camp Roster
  1. bb2112 - Checked in - Not Seer
  2. Vorret - Checked in - Not Seer
  3. Holman
  4. Unagi - Checked in - Not Seer
  5. Remus West - Checked in - Not Seer
  6. Archinerd - Checked in - Not Seer
  7. Chaosraven
  8. Scoop20906
  9. Moliere
In Captain Obvious fashion I am going to assume if you checked in you are not the seer.
Not it!
At 1:59PM
Holman wrote:OK, this game won't take long. I can't think of a reason to wait on this:

I have had back-to-back dumb luck in recent sessions. Last time I shot the Alien on Day One. This time I am the Seer, and I scanned Vorret because of the running joke that we should lynch Vorret.

At 2:07PM
Moliere wrote:

Dumb luck for me since you're actually a wolf and I scanned you last night.

Holman 

That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Holman

Post by Holman »

That's why I think Moliere is the Tanner. He's trying to get killed by looking weird and suspicious.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

BB if now our official timekeeper
Isgrimnur wrote:
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

but he's drunk!
Isgrimnur wrote:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Hmmm... Seems pretty obvious Moliere is lying. He had a chance to come forward as the seer and chose not to.

I agree with RW and Unagi, we have some more people that need to step forward and tell us their roles and what actions (particularly card swaps) they have taken.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I have a gut feeling Moliere is lying as well
Isgrimnur wrote:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

he's the Tanner or a wolf that wants to look like the Tanner, it seems.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Holman wrote:That's why I think Moliere is the Tanner. He's trying to get killed by looking weird and suspicious.
Well if he is, he can always come right out and say it.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman wrote:That's why I think Moliere is the Tanner. He's trying to get killed by looking weird and suspicious.
While you could be right, it's also pretty in your face and hence avoidable and makes me think of the second layer, if you follow.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

If Moliere is lying then his isn't the only one.

I'm just not sure why do many people are lying right now.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Is this going to be a Role Call?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Scoop20906 wrote:

btw, I'm Insomniac.
Uh... is there some kind of special rulez where you have to mention your role twice. :ninja:
Nope. Sorry, I'm just having weird issues with double posts lately. Happened in the last game too.
Another possibility is he is the Hunter. It's possible he's using himself as bait to somehow reveal a wolf then take one down with him when he goes.
Tanner is probably a safer bet though.
Remus West wrote:This is a bad idea. We need to hear from the Robber and Troublemaker - either of whom could have altered the role card after your scan.
Trouble maker needs to speak up for sure. Robber would be nice but he may not have any real incentive to do so.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Unagi wrote:
While you could be right, it's also pretty in your face and hence avoidable and makes me think of the second layer, if you follow.
Right. But I think he stepped into that stance weirdly as well.

1) Moliere says he's not the seer,
2) I claim seer and accuse Vorret of lycanthropy,
3) Moliere counter-claims seer and conveniently accuses me,
4) I suggest that Moliere could be the second wolf protecting Vorret,
5) Moliere says that we should kill both Vorret and him.

What role fits this pattern? Not the Minion since the Minion loses if wolf Vorret dies.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I guess you and I are just approaching the iocane argument from different angles really, I wont belabor it.

To answer your question - I don't know what is going on really with his counter claim at this point at all. He's not even really expanded on it.
maybe he's roleplaying the troublemaker.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Archinerd wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:

btw, I'm Insomniac.
Nope. Sorry, I'm just having weird issues with double posts lately. Happened in the last game too.
Another possibility is he is the Hunter. It's possible he's using himself as bait to somehow reveal a wolf then take one down with him when he goes.
Remus West wrote:This is a bad idea. We need to hear from the Robber and Troublemaker - either of whom could have altered the role card after your scan.
Trouble maker needs to speak up for sure. Robber would be nice but he may not have any real incentive to do so.
As the Troublemaker why would I make the switches public? You will find out soon enough. :ninja:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Does anyone want to claim villager?

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Moliere wrote:
Archinerd wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:

btw, I'm Insomniac.
As the Troublemaker why would I make the switches public? You will find out soon enough. :ninja:
Wait... you claimed seer and now troublemaker?
Isgrimnur wrote:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I'm starting to feel that if the Troublemaker doesn't speak up, I'm going to assume he's in a grave.
And I'm pretty sure that just exposes us to a Robber who may have taken the wolf role from Vorret.

Not sure what to make of Moliere.
Archinerd

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf

Post by Archinerd »

Here's where I'm at right now.

Camp Roster
  1. bb2112 - Drunk?
  2. Vorret - "scanned" Werewolf
  3. Holman - Claims Seer
  4. Unagi - ?
  5. Remus West - Claims Villager (or am I misremembering? I need to look back in the thread.)
  6. Archinerd - Insomniac
  7. Chaosraven - ?
  8. Scoop20906 - ?
  9. Moliere - Claims Seer & Troublemaker -- Probably Tanner
I also find it interesting that Vorret remarked on Moliere's split personality but Scoop didn't seem to give it a second thought in his post immediately above. Not sure what that means. Vorret doesn't seem very "wolfy" to me, which in turn makes me wonder about Holman. This combined with the delay in the Seer scan report, I'm starting to think we may not actually have a Seer either.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

No, we are 'garanteed' a seer (and 2 wolves). I checked that earlier. I assume stessier's comment that they 'will be in the game' means that they are not in the Graves.

I was given a Villager card at the start of the game.

Holman is uncontested and there is no reason in this game not to immediately contest someone that claims your role, I would think.
We should expect (if he isn't in a Grave) an honest report from the troublemaker, as he is on 'Team Good'.

The more I think about The Robber, we can't really trust what he says (as we should the Troublemaker).

I'm not remotely about to trust a Moliere Troublemaker claim at this point though. FWIW. I think that 'claim' was because I said what I said, and he's just actually being a maker of trouble.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Unagi wrote:No, we are 'garanteed' a seer (and 2 wolves). I checked that earlier. I assume stessier's comment that they 'will be in the game' means that they are not in the Graves.
Sorry, no. It means they were in the pile of potential roles only. Same with the wolves (as noted in the rules where the only way the Village can win in a no wolf situation is to lynch no one).
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Unagi wrote:No, we are 'garanteed' a seer (and 2 wolves). I checked that earlier. I assume stessier's comment that they 'will be in the game' means that they are not in the Graves..

Stessier, can you confirm that the Seer is guaranteed to not start in a Grave?
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Nvm. Thanks.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

So it's possible there is only 1 wolf (or very unlikely, none) in the game too.
That means our town drunk (bb) may have turned into a wolf unknowingly as well. Not likely but the possibility does exist.
What makes the most sense to me right now is;
Holman is the Seer then and he scanned Vorret as a wolf, then Moliere might also be the Minion trying to draw fire or is a Tanner trying to get himself killed.
We kind of need some other special to come forward to shed some light on this, you can't all be sitting in Graves.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

So it's possible there is only 1 wolf (or very unlikely, none) in the game too.
That means our town drunk (bb) may have turned into a wolf unknowingly as well. Not likely but the possibility does exist.
What makes the most sense to me right now is;
Holman is the Seer then and he scanned Vorret as a wolf, then Moliere might also be the Minion trying to draw fire or is a Tanner trying to get himself killed.
We kind of need some other special to come forward to shed some light on this, you can't all be sitting in Graves.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Scoop20906 wrote:Does anyone want to claim villager?

I did. Right away. Since Unagi has as well that means there are a lot of folks not sharing information.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken