BSG XI-Amduatey Virus-Game over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Unagi

Re: BSG XI-Amduatey Virus-Day 4

Post by Unagi »

Holman wrote:The main thing is that we get *nothing* from lynching Vorret, not today and not in the long run.

My plan is about trying to squeeze some information out of today's action.
You are making a stupid move - and you know it is. But obviously - you feel 'compelled' to act like this, so have at it.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote:There is Gaeta.
Yes, I am saying that the main goal was for me to blow the whistle on a false claim and I've done that.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Unagi wrote:
Holman wrote:Therefore,
 Unagi 

Partner or Traitor ?
He's smart and sees the big picture.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman wrote:The fact is that you just volunteered for death to make us accomplish what we were already accomplishing.

Yes, there was a chance that you could be killed tonight, but that goes for any Special. I don't think anyone had even proposed that you were Apollo, so you weren't under any more suspicion that me.
unagi wrote:To answer your concern though, I felt my night death tonight would end up being the proof, and I didn't want for that to be delayed a whole day - because tomorrow you all would have tested stessier and you know it.
It's interesting that the reason you gave for coming out now was to prevent us from testing Stessier tomorrow. Scoop, it still seems to me, was acting from the very same motive.
And yet you are seemingly unwilling to say to yourself "Why would a wolf, when we were about to already do 'his bidding', make a big play that risked himself - just to make us do that 'bidding'."
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

withdraw Vorret 

Ok, so we definitely have at least ONE bad guy between these two.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

If Vorret is telling the truth, then nobody contests Tigh.
If Unagi is telling the truth, the nobody contests Tigh as he is already dead.

Does anybody contest Apollo?
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

stessier

Post by stessier »

That's kind of what we were waiting on you for. I think you are the last one to check in. I doubt tru1cy is going to say anything anymore.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Oh.

Not Apollo.
Not Tigh.

:pop:
"Where are you off to?"

Holman

Post by Holman »

Unagi wrote:
Holman wrote:The fact is that you just volunteered for death to make us accomplish what we were already accomplishing.

Yes, there was a chance that you could be killed tonight, but that goes for any Special. I don't think anyone had even proposed that you were Apollo, so you weren't under any more suspicion that me.
unagi wrote:To answer your concern though, I felt my night death tonight would end up being the proof, and I didn't want for that to be delayed a whole day - because tomorrow you all would have tested stessier and you know it.
It's interesting that the reason you gave for coming out now was to prevent us from testing Stessier tomorrow. Scoop, it still seems to me, was acting from the very same motive.
And yet you are seemingly unwilling to say to yourself "Why would a wolf, when we were about to already do 'his bidding', make a big play that risked himself - just to make us do that 'bidding'."
Because it costs you nothing. Lynching a good Vorret doesn't give us any more info than lynching a bad Vorret, so there's no risk to you.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I don't follow you there at all. Could you phrase that in some other way?
Holman

Post by Holman »

Unagi wrote:I don't follow you there at all. Could you phrase that in some other way?
You came out when there was no risk in coming out. Yes, someone could have counterclaimed you, but that's the danger in every claim.

Remember: I don't know if you're good or Vorret is, but I know one of you is lying. My plan produces useful information from today's choice.

It's nothing personal. It's just that killing a Tigh-claimant gives us nothing while killing an Apollo-claimant, as it turns out here, gives us a lot. Killing you gives us very useful information even if you're telling the truth.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Vorret wrote:You're not missing anything, the logical choice is lynching unagi that way you hit 2 birds with one stone. Beside, if you lynch unagi I'll die overnight they won't let a scanner live.

Lassr, can Boomer block/fake itself?
Yes
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Holman wrote:
Unagi wrote:I don't follow you there at all. Could you phrase that in some other way?
You came out when there was no risk in coming out. Yes, someone could have counterclaimed you, but that's the danger in every claim.

Remember: I don't know if you're good or Vorret is, but I know one of you is lying. My plan produces useful information from today's choice.

It's nothing personal. It's just that killing a Tigh-claimant gives us nothing while killing an Apollo-claimant, as it turns out here, gives us a lot. Killing you gives us very useful information even if you're telling the truth.
I played with the numbers for a while. It comes down to what you believe. I think Unagi is likely good because of when he made his claim and what his claim is, so using the Miss isn't worth the information. I think Vorret is Bad because of what he claims and how it contradicts his play, so the idea of being wrong and using the Miss there doesn't bother me...because I don't think it's a Miss. :) Also, I think the Cylons will have to kill Unagi overnight if he's Good.

I guess the other way we could go is agree that Gaeta must come forward today and if he comes forward tomorrow, he must be a Cylon and lynch him. We need all the cards on the table today (with the exception of Anders) as we aren't going to have enough Misses left to figure out another Contest.

As much as it pains me because I think posting once and disappearing is a crummy way to play, I'm putting tru1cy in the Good column.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Holman

Post by Holman »

stessier wrote: I played with the numbers for a while. It comes down to what you believe. I think Unagi is likely good because of when he made his claim and what his claim is, so using the Miss isn't worth the information. I think Vorret is Bad because of what he claims and how it contradicts his play, so the idea of being wrong and using the Miss there doesn't bother me...because I don't think it's a Miss. :)
That's the whole thing. It *doesn't matter* what you believe. Getting information is all that matters here.

Lynching Vorret gives us no info. We won't even know if it was a miss or a hit.

Again, this isn't because I especially believe Vorret over Unagi. It's just an effect of Vorret's being a Tigh claim.

If Unagi comes up human, I will be first in line to lynch Vorret next.
Also, I think the Cylons will have to kill Unagi overnight if he's Good.
No, the Cylons won't kill Unagi even if he's good, so we'll be having the same debate tomorrow with the same information deficit.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Players ------- Voted For:
1 Vorret---------- Unagi
2 El Guapo-------
3 Unagi---------- vorret
4 Holman-------- Unagi
5 Chaosraven---
6 tru1cy---------- Chaosraven
7 Newcastle----- vorret
8 Stessier--------
Targets ----------- Voters
( Chaosraven--- 1 )--- tru1cy
( )--- ---
( Vorret---------- 2 )--- newcastle --- Unagi
( Unagi---------- 2 )--- vorret --- Holman
( )---
( )---
( )---
Deaths
Moliere-------- Injected
BB2112--------- Saw the light
Grundbegriff-- forever sleep
Punisher------ Punished
Scoop--------- miscalculated
Archinerd'---- Blown
RemusWest-- Gone South

Majority = 5
Deadline is: 31-May -6PM
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Yesterday’s disaster was quickly forgotten when Vorret stepped up and admitted to being a Cylon, but a Cylon helping the humans find the Cylons responsible for the virus and killings. A lot of doubt surrounded his claim though. And then Unagi steps forward and states his investigations of people’s histories did not jive with Vorret’s story.

This held everyone’s attention, except for tru1cy’s, who sat in a corner and stared at a bloodstain on the wall remaining from yesterday’s explosion. It did resemble a butterfly or maybe a vagina. Tru1cy was intent on trying to determine if this was a sign…

Meanwhile back where the important decisions were being made, the room was clearly divided. Holman had a plan and stessier had a plan. Who’s plan would win out though?

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Holman wrote:No, the Cylons won't kill Unagi even if he's good, so we'll be having the same debate tomorrow with the same information deficit.
Yes they will if it gives them a clear shot at a Gaeta claim. Do you agree any Gaeta appearance tomorrow is an automatic lynch?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lassr wrote:1215
Yesterday’s disaster was quickly forgotten when Vorret stepped up and admitted to being a Cylon, but a Cylon helping the humans find the Cylons responsible for the virus and killings. A lot of doubt surrounded his claim though. And then Unagi steps forward and states his investigations of people’s histories did not jive with Vorret’s story.

This held everyone’s attention, except for tru1cy’s, who sat in a corner and stared at a bloodstain on the wall remaining from yesterday’s explosion. It did resemble a butterfly or maybe a vagina. Tru1cy was intent on trying to determine if this was a sign…

Meanwhile back where the important decisions were being made, the room was clearly divided. Holman had a plan and stessier had a plan. Who’s plan would win out though?
This is kind of like the Bastion version of BSG. I like it! :)
Holman

Post by Holman »

stessier wrote:
Holman wrote:No, the Cylons won't kill Unagi even if he's good, so we'll be having the same debate tomorrow with the same information deficit.
Yes they will if it gives them a clear shot at a Gaeta claim. Do you agree any Gaeta appearance tomorrow is an automatic lynch?
At this point the only possible Gaeta claimant is Tru1cy, right?

I don't know if he would be an auto lynch or not. I would hope to hear from him before today's lynch. (In fact, depending on how set in stone Newcastle's vote is, I'm not sure we can get a majority either way without him.)

I'd really like to hear from some other players about my proposal to lynch Unagi for the information gain.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote:
El Guapo wrote:Interesting. That makes sense. Obviously if Unagi's lying and there's a real Apollo out there you should counter, although that would be pretty surprising.

Unagi, I'd be interested in your case against Newcastle, so if you could post it before night (game time) that would be great, as I am assuming that you will be dead tomorrow (unless you are lying, or the wolves try to make it look like you are lying). I've been leaning good on Newcastle today, but honestly I trust your assessments (assuming for the moment that you are telling the truth) much more than mine in these games.
Thanks. (?)
I'm not entirely sold on your alignment here but you've felt good for most of the game (normal, I should just say...) so - honor system here- you really want to know what I see in Newcastle right?

First, Newcastle has done something I've seen before which is where he plants an accusatory comment early on me - ignores my question of it, and then he brings it up again later as some big reveal.
In this game it was back on the Moliere train and he seems to think I was a 'big player' there. Re-read that part of the game. I was not even around very much at the start of this game and I had about Zero to do with that train.
Newcastle was trying to get me lynched early and hasn't seemed to have ever changed his mind. It's fake. He didn't want to ever push it too hard - cause it wasn't a popular idea... Now there is some Unagi talk and Newcastle came out of the woodwork to remind everyone that he thought I was a wolf at the start of the game.

Additionally, I look for people positioning themselves at the end game - and I saw Newcastle jumping on the Vorret immediately, but I felt like only really I should have been so quick to want him lynched, and I felt Newcastle was perhaps there to look good. (mind you - it was absolutely the right place to put a vote) - Perhaps born from paranoia - I pictured him killing me this night and him saying he highly suspected me was to be his cover.

That's pretty much it.
/shuffles some data files
/continues to ignore unagi
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

stessier wrote: As much as it pains me because I think posting once and disappearing is a crummy way to play, I'm putting tru1cy in the Good column.
Just for shits and giggles what if we lynched truicy? At least we wouldn't be waiting on him to chime in
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Holman wrote:
stessier wrote:
At this point the only possible Gaeta claimant is Tru1cy, right?

I don't know if he would be an auto lynch or not. I would hope to hear from him before today's lynch. (In fact, depending on how set in stone Newcastle's vote is, I'm not sure we can get a majority either way without him.)

I'd really like to hear from some other players about my proposal to lynch Unagi for the information gain.
I need to think about it. While i am about 95% that Unagi is a wolf; i am more certain that vorret is. The bird in hand thing. I want to reread your proposal. Just skimmed it to be honest. I'd be open to it, simply because I think unagi & vorret are our unfriendly toasters in this neighborhood. In terms of data points you suggest I want to reread it with some more coffee in me.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

stessier wrote:We should have lynched tru1cy instead of Moliere...Moliere would have at least posted once a day. :?
see my shits & giggles comment above. :twisted:
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Vorret wrote:
stessier wrote:
Vorret wrote:
stessier wrote:
Vorret wrote:If you lynch me, we lose the game.
Why? If you are good, we have enough misses to absorb the mistake.
You'll never know if I was since obviously Apolo is dead if they're faking his role.
If we find another Cylon after your lynch and the game doesn't end, it will be pretty obvious.
You should lynch Unagi next then since he's obviously lying.
Sigh, I hate losing.
Ya know how i read this....as a exasperation at his fellow cylon team mate blundering.
Bayraktar!!!!

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Newcastle wrote:
Vorret wrote:
stessier wrote:
Vorret wrote:
stessier wrote:
Vorret wrote:If you lynch me, we lose the game.
Why? If you are good, we have enough misses to absorb the mistake.
You'll never know if I was since obviously Apolo is dead if they're faking his role.
If we find another Cylon after your lynch and the game doesn't end, it will be pretty obvious.
You should lynch Unagi next then since he's obviously lying.
Sigh, I hate losing.
Ya know how i read this....as a exasperation at his fellow cylon team mate blundering.
Uh?
I'm trying to convince you guys to kill Unagi since he's a Cylon, I'm 100% sure of it.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote:you really want to know what I see in Newcastle right?

Additionally, I look for people positioning themselves at the end game - and I saw Newcastle jumping on the Vorret immediately, but I felt like only really I should have been so quick to want him lynched, and I felt Newcastle was perhaps there to look good. (mind you - it was absolutely the right place to put a vote)

First, Newcastle has done something I've seen before which is where he plants an accusatory comment early on me - ignores my question of it, and then he brings it up again later as some big reveal.
In this game it was back on the Moliere train and he seems to think I was a 'big player' there. Re-read that part of the game. I was not even around very much at the start of this game and I had about Zero to do with that train.
Newcastle was trying to get me lynched early and hasn't seemed to have ever changed his mind. It's fake. He didn't want to ever push it too hard - cause it wasn't a popular idea... Now there is some Unagi talk and Newcastle came out of the woodwork to remind everyone that he thought I was a wolf at the start of the game.
- you flashed your tell(s) early and drew my interest
-let's see what's occupied the peeps since:
day 1...oh wait..i meant day 2 there was no day 1....well
on day 2 there was grund...
day 3 scoop scoop day
day 4 vorret and his miss and well here we are.
Think i could really get a train going on those days?

Additionally, I look for people positioning themselves at the end game - and I saw Newcastle jumping on the Vorret immediately, but I felt like only really I should have been so quick to want him lynched, and I felt Newcastle was perhaps there to look good. (mind you - it was absolutely the right place to put a vote) -
-his mistake jumped out at me. Why wouldn't i jump on the vote? Actually I was quite pleased with myself for catching that. And being first too!

-
- Perhaps born from paranoia - I pictured him killing me this night and him saying he highly suspected me was to be his cover.
back atcha
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

stessier wrote:That's kind of what we were waiting on you for. I think you are the last one to check in. I doubt tru1cy is going to say anything anymore.
Not contesting the Apollo claim. But i doubt it.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Holman wrote:Unagi is right that (by his claim) Apollo has no more to offer.

I'm a slow thinker in this game, so people should let me know if any of this makes sense:

Lynching Vorret tells us nothing as he'll come back Cylon.
--If he was really Tigh, obviously the Cylons won't kill Unagi because they'll not hit one of their own (Unagi).
--If Vorret was not Tigh but a bad Cylon, the Cylons will still let Unagi live because it will sow confusion and because Apollo/Unagi is no longer useful (except to make a claim about Vorret's specific role that we won't know whether to believe).

However, if we lynch Unagi...
--If he comes back human, Vorret is proven to be a wolf and Stessier is proven good. We lynch Vorret and have only one Cylon left to find.
--If he comes back Cylon, Vorret is proven good, we know Stessier is the remaining Cylon, and we win the game by lynching him.

What am I missing?
Maybe I am being obtuse but i dont think unagi=cylon means vorret =good. They both could be lying and obfuscating things.
Bayraktar!!!!

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Newcastle wrote:
Holman wrote:Unagi is right that (by his claim) Apollo has no more to offer.

I'm a slow thinker in this game, so people should let me know if any of this makes sense:

Lynching Vorret tells us nothing as he'll come back Cylon.
--If he was really Tigh, obviously the Cylons won't kill Unagi because they'll not hit one of their own (Unagi).
--If Vorret was not Tigh but a bad Cylon, the Cylons will still let Unagi live because it will sow confusion and because Apollo/Unagi is no longer useful (except to make a claim about Vorret's specific role that we won't know whether to believe).

However, if we lynch Unagi...
--If he comes back human, Vorret is proven to be a wolf and Stessier is proven good. We lynch Vorret and have only one Cylon left to find.
--If he comes back Cylon, Vorret is proven good, we know Stessier is the remaining Cylon, and we win the game by lynching him.

What am I missing?
Maybe I am being obtuse but i dont think unagi=cylon means vorret =good. They both could be lying and obfuscating things.
That's true but that would be one hell of a fucked up strategy.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Holman wrote:The main thing is that we get *nothing* from lynching Vorret, not today and not in the long run.

I disagree. The case against Vorret being a wolf is quite strong. I dont think we have to worry about it being a miss. We are acting with reasonable faith (oxymoron right).
Bayraktar!!!!

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Newcastle wrote:

I disagree. The case against Vorret being a wolf is quite strong. I dont think we have to worry about it being a miss. We are acting with reasonable faith (oxymoron right).
I think the principle here is "what if".
I know I'm Tigh and wether you believe it or not if you lynch me the result you get is "cylon".

That doesn't mean I was/wasn't Tigh, it proves nothing at all.
If you lynch Unagi who came out with a false claim and lynch him, the only two options you have is "cylon" or "human".

If he's Cylon then you know FOR SURE you killed one of the bad guys while killing me gets you, well, nothing other than maybe killing a bad guy and possibly killing Tigh.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Heck I don't even care I'll self vote tomorrow if it makes you feel better just need a leap of faith and kill Unagi (though I won't need to self vote they won't let me live the night and get another scan tomorrow).
Isgrimnur wrote:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

regarding the Holman scenario he proposes.

I tend to agree with Stessier's take on this, and that being IF Unagi is indeed Apollo they will kill him at night. I think its wise to remind everyone of one clear fact. Unagi is an incredible brain in this game. Second to Grund...i think that's fair to say. I think a "proven" unagi creates a serious threat to the wolves. Because we all follow him and listen to him bigly...so with the moniker of being proven...as a wolf that's a dire threat.

So i still come around to lynching Vorret, and tomorrow let's see where the dust settles.
Bayraktar!!!!

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Sigh, fine, just kill me already so you can lose the game and we can start a new one.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lassr wrote:
[/i]

/walks over to Truicy's wall
/looks at the bloodstain.
/takes out a sharpie
/draws a giant penis with fat hairy balls
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Vorret wrote:Sigh, fine, just kill me already so you can lose the game and we can start a new one.
I am tryin!
Bayraktar!!!!

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

WD Unagi 

Vorret 

there let me give you a hand
Isgrimnur wrote:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

TRUICY - please chime in.
Bayraktar!!!!

Holman

Post by Holman »

I just can't see how the case for killing Vorret is strong enough that we're willing to do it *knowing* that we'll never know we were right. Does a terminological fuckup (night for day) really carry that much weight?

I can't help noticing how people are focused on staying alive rather than winning the game.

If I were in the shoes Unagi claims (Apollo, certain that Vorret's Tigh claim is a lie), I would *volunteer* to be lynched in order to produce information.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Holman wrote:I just can't see how the case for killing Vorret is strong enough that we're willing to do it *knowing* that we'll never know we were right. Does a terminological fuckup (night for day) really carry that much weight?

I can't help noticing how people are focused on staying alive rather than winning the game.

If I were in the shoes Unagi claims (Apollo, certain that Vorret's Tigh claim is a lie), I would *volunteer* to be lynched in order to produce information.
Holman - Read Tigh's description. He can ONLY order during the day. Then carefully reread his type up. And put yourself in Tigh's shoes. The fact that you can only order during the day is insanely unique. Being seer is also amazingly unique as well. So combine those efforts together and can you really say " i am so use to being seer at night that i was use to submitting those orders during night. Submitting during the day is new." You really can't.

If you have submitted 4 day orders already, you would know it. How Vorret typed that up displays an ignorance of that.
Tigh's role requires activity during the day. It's very unique and different. You would remember when you had to submit those orders.
Bayraktar!!!!