Walking Dead - Game over Infected Win

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Zarathud

Re: Walking Dead DAY 5

Post by Zarathud »

bb2112 wrote:The wolves only have so much power by only being 2 out of the remaining 8 so they don't have that much leverage. We are still running the show by sheer numbers.
Yes, but when the numbers look too good then that's more likely bad.

Makes me more willing to switch to Moliere, a less unanimous #2.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

That said, I would LOVE for Archinerd to end up a dead wolf. But I recognize that's not coming from my brain.
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Archinerd 

He is still #1 on my list and there seems to be enough suspicion on him from everyone else that I think he is the best candidate for today.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I'm willing to try it.

Archinerd 

Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Day 1 wrote: 3 Wolves
Punisher is Normal Human
Convert-to-be is Shooter

Chaos - Remus, stessier, Punisher, Vorret, Zarathud, RMC, BB2112, Moliere, Lassr
Remus - Chaos
BB2112 - Isgrimnur
Moliere - El Guapo
None - Archinerd, Unagi, Holman
Day 2 wrote: 4 wolves
Punisher is Shooter
Shooter is Convert

Scoop - El Guapo, Zarathud, Holman, Unagi, Isgrimnur, Archinerd, Moliere, RMC
Moliere - Scoop
Zarathud - Remus
None - Vorret, BB2112, Lassr, Punisher, stessier
Day 3 wrote: 4 wolves

Unagi - Moliere, Remus, stessier,El Guapo, Holman, BB2112, Zarathud
RMC - Vorret, Archinerd, Isgrimnur
El Guapo - RMC, Unagi
None - Punisher
Day 4 wrote: 2 wolves

Vorret - Archinerd, Moliere, BB2112,Isgrimnur, Punisher, stessier
Moliere -Vorret
stessier - Remus, Holman, Zarathud
Items of note:
Someone who thought they were the Shooter on the Chaos vote turned evil. Zarathud was very brash the first day and has explained multiple times why that is. One unmentioned possibility is a Shooter who became a convert and had to stay in everyone's face to not change his play style.

On Day 3, Archinerd is the lone unknown on the RMC vote. I think this is a bad look for a wolf with the knowledge that RMC is going to explode. I don't think a wolf would expose himself like that.

On Day 4, I don't believe we lyched Vorret without a wolf. Given the above, I think Moliere or BB2112 is the best choice for today.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

I really wanted to vote for Remus, but that actually makes a lot of sense Stessier.

Moliere 

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Why didn't you include the run on RMC that drove him to spoof in your analysis? Not sure if that would change any of your conclusions but it is a significant voting event that drove a lot of other actions and responses.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Interesting. The lone votes on Moliere keep dying (or were dying). Vorret, El Guapo, Scoop.

I would like to think I've been brash every day. :) But mostly on Day 2, the Scoop vote.
Newcastle

Re: Walking Dead NIGHT 2

Post by Newcastle »

DAY 5 VOTES

TIME LIMITS: Day 5 will end on Wednesday July 12th, at 6pm PST (9EST)
Note - Day 6 will be approximately 6 calendar days.

VOTE TARGET - Votes Cast

Archinerd (3) - Zarathud, BB2112, Holman,
Stessier (1) - Remus West,
Remus West (1) - Punisher,
Moliere (1) - Archinerd,

Not Voted
Moliere, Stessier,

Majority is 5

If there are any issues, give me a holler

The living
1. Archinerd
2. Holman
3. BB2112
4. Punisher
5. Moliere
6. Zarathud
7. Remus West
8. Stessier

THE DEAD
Chaosraven – Raving all night long
Scoop – SPLAT!
Lassr – Hugger of Beemer walker
Unagi - Tasty Walker Morsel Treat
El Guapo - Bulldozing away.
RMC - Met Rick's Python
Vorret - Mechanic Mike’s munchable
Isgrinmur – Bay door blues
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Zarathud wrote:But it wasn't the only possibility at the time. Punisher had not taken the shot yet.

Who was trying to get our Specials to come out then? You, Remus. If Punisher had shot, the wolves would know if they scanned Glen. If they scanned anyone, we don't know.
I already laid out and quoted multiple times why it made sense for a wolf to come forward and fake Glen. I'm not doing it again. Go back and find it yourself. Punisher shooting was immaterial to the play of a wolf-stessier.
If anyone has a better read on stessier's reveal, I would love to see it.

Wolves do contrary shit all the time on kills to fuck with the village. RMC and Unagi were certainly capable of convincing the other wolves to skip killing a "proven" to maximize distrust over Scoop.
This is certainly a possibility. It would also suggest though that there was a larger pile up of wolves on the Scoop vote then to make sure it happened.
I think all the arguments used against Stessier also apply to Remus -- except claiming a role. Claiming a role had risk--unless stessier was the berserker.
Uh.....the argument against stessier is that he voted for Scoop - I did not and that he claimed a role with the murkiness of the Lassr kill in the game - I also did not do this. So....um....how exactly do those arguments apply to me?
What concerns me is this narrow focus, Remus. I don't have to agree with your analysis, only see it as sincere. Plus, it makes it harder for the other wolf to hide later if you are a wolf.

Still, I think the better vote is to try finding the hidden wolf (and what the others think).
Ridiculous. If you are so very certain that I'm a wolf then your vote should be no where but on me. Chasing the ghost of another wolf on the incorrect assumption I'm one only leads you further down a bad road.

If stessier is a wolf then Zarathud is probably too.

If stessier is not a wolf then I need to reopen a lot of things. bb2112 in particular worries me as he shows far to much faith in me based off one days action. Archinerd was very high up the list but I actually agree with stessier's analysis regarding him so think I'm probably setting him aside for now. I have little read on Moliere but tend to think he is following along but just coasting through. Unlike stessier I see this as within character for him as a villager.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Archinerd wrote:
Remus West wrote: Its not the mistakes. It is the casual attitude towards finding bad guys. I won't fault you for your mistake in voting me though as your motives have to be true.
Zarathud wrote: Still, I think the better vote is to try finding the hidden wolf (and what the others think).
But we are running out of misses!
Best to include that I was talking to Punisher in the part you quoted. His motives can not be questioned. He is Rick - proven via putting one in the pan of RMC. His being wrong doesn't alter the fact that he has to be truly trying to find a bad guy. Zarathud is the one backing away from someone he can not know the alignment of.

I will say though that everyone should keep in mind that the provens currently know less of the game state then anyone else as we know them and our own roles while they only know themselves (as a group).
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote: I did not and that he claimed a role with the murkiness of the Lassr kill in the game - I also did not do this. So....um....how exactly do those arguments apply to me?
Uh.....the argument against stessier is that he voted for Scoop -

What did I miss?
Punisher is Shooter
Shooter is Convert

Moliere - Scoop
Zarathud - Remus
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote: I did not and that he claimed a role with the murkiness of the Lassr kill in the game - I also did not do this. So....um....how exactly do those arguments apply to me?

What did I miss? It doesn't look like he voted for Scoop.
Punisher is Shooter
Shooter is Convert

Moliere - Scoop
Zarathud - Remus
Sorry had to fix that. Hit submit instead of Preview.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:
Archinerd wrote:
Remus West wrote: Its not the mistakes. It is the casual attitude towards finding bad guys. I won't fault you for your mistake in voting me though as your motives have to be true.
Zarathud wrote: Still, I think the better vote is to try finding the hidden wolf (and what the others think).
Best to include that I was talking to Punisher in the part you quoted. His motives can not be questioned. He is Rick - proven via putting one in the pan of RMC. His being wrong doesn't alter the fact that he has to be truly trying to find a bad guy. Zarathud is the one backing away from someone he can not know the alignment of.
The way you did with Unagi?
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Remus is so certain that I am certain about him. But I am not.

A villager Remus is not so lazy. This is troubling, and his Scoop play smells more and more like a wolf trap to turn the village against other specials once they're outed.

My hesitation is that a wolf stessier COULD have taken a risk in faking Glen. And a villager Remus is a serious threat to the wolves, as dangerous as a proven.

I think the odds are better between Archinerd v. Moliere, and a miss would provide more information.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Archinerd wrote:
The way you did with Unagi?
Not even close. I placed my vote. Started a very quick run on him and pulled my vote because doubts regarding who was voting with me and how fast those votes had come. Zarathud keeps accusing me, failing to vote, and then backing away from his own accusations. Is he worried that Punisher may not be on his team?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Zarathud wrote:A villager Remus is not so lazy.
Seriously? You call this game from me lazy?
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Remus West wrote:
Zarathud wrote:A villager Remus is not so lazy.
Seriously? You call this game from me lazy?
Well, I haven't seen one pie chart from you, so.....
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Well, I do like pie...
Holman

Post by Holman »

Newcastle--

I'm reporting in with news that I'll be out of town Monday through Friday. I should have internet access, but I'll be busy and not as available.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

bb2112 wrote:Well, I do like pie...
I mean, who doesn't?

Wolves, I say!

she's my cherry pie
put a smile on your face ten miles wide
looks so good bring a tear to you eye
sweet cherry pie yeah
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:

Sorry. I keep recalling his posting that Scoop had to die and thinking it was due to his voting Scoop.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Remus West wrote:
bb2112 wrote:

Sorry. I keep recalling his posting that Scoop had to die and thinking it was due to his voting Scoop.
For someone who just gave Stessier a hard time for not being precisely correct, this seems exceptionally odd.
Moliere may turn out to be a wolf, but I think I need to reconsider my vote.

Withdraw Moliere 

Remus 

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Holman wrote:Newcastle--

I'm reporting in with news that I'll be out of town Monday through Friday. I should have internet access, but I'll be busy and not as available.
:handgestures-thumbup:
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Archinerd wrote:
Remus West wrote:
bb2112 wrote:

For someone who just gave Stessier a hard time for not being precisely correct, this seems exceptionally odd.
Moliere may turn out to be a wolf, but I think I need to reconsider my vote.

Withdraw Moliere 

Remus 

Your motives are very much open to question. :P
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I'll help you out since you are being lazy this game...

All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

DAY 5 VOTES

VOTE TARGET - Votes Cast

Remus West (2) - Punisher, Archinerd,

Not Voted
Moliere, Stessier,

Majority is 5

The living
1. Archinerd
2. Holman
3. BB2112
4. Punisher
5. Moliere
6. Zarathud
7. Remus West
8. Stessier

THE DEAD
Scoop – SPLAT!
RMC - Met Rick's Python
Bayraktar!!!!

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Ok, I was expecting a slow weekend, but this is glacially slow.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

stessier wrote:It is a bit weird that Archinerd is on so many lists but has garnered so few votes through all this.
I agree. And we have been talking about Archinerd as a top suspect since Scoop's lynching but he has somehow managed to stay alive.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

bb2112 wrote: Provens:
Holman ------ 1. Archinerd or Zarathud 2. Stessier or Moliere
Punisher ----- 1. Remus West 2. Zarathud or Moliere

Unknowns:
Archinerd ---- 1. Remus West 2. bb2112 or Moliere 3. Zarathud
BB2112 ------- 1. Archinerd 2. Moliere
Moliere ------- 1. Stessier 2. Archinerd
Zarathud ----- 1. Archinerd 2. Moliere 3. Remus or Stessier
Remus West - 1. Stessier 2. Archinerd or Zarathud
Stessier ------ 1. bb2112 2. Archinerd or Moliere

Archinerd - 7.0
bb2112 - 2.5
Moliere - 4.0
Zarathud - 2.0
Remus West - 4.0
Stessier - 4.5
Why is Archinerd so hard to kill if everyone is suspicious of him? So suspicious that even the wolf put him on his list of suspects but we still can't get the village to vote for him.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Not sure, but the reluctance suggests to me that the village is on the right track.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

bb2112 wrote: So suspicious that even the wolf put him on his list of suspects but we still can't get the village to vote for him.
I know one thing for certain this game. Both wolves have me on their list.

Now that I'm looking at your little rating exercise again, I think your results are skewed but there are some interesting patterns.
For instance, would both wolves put me as their #1? Maybe, but I don't think so.

Also, keep in mind your list is only a snap shot of where we were at and is already out of date.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

DAY 5 VOTES

TIME LIMITS - DAY 5 will end in 58 hours.
if no majority is achieved it will switch to night phase with no lynch

VOTE TARGET - Votes Cast

Not Voted
Moliere, Stessier,

Majority is 5

The living
1. Archinerd
2. Holman
3. BB2112
4. Punisher
5. Moliere
6. Zarathud
7. Remus West
8. Stessier

THE DEAD
Scoop – SPLAT!
RMC - Met Rick's Python
Bayraktar!!!!

stessier

Post by stessier »

Moliere 

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Archinerd 

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Hmmmmmm
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Stessier, why Moliere and not Archinerd or Remus?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Zarathud wrote:Stessier, why Moliere and not Archinerd or Remus?
For Moliere over Archinerd -
stessier wrote:
Day 1 wrote: 3 Wolves
Punisher is Normal Human
Convert-to-be is Shooter

Chaos - Remus, stessier, Punisher, Vorret, Zarathud, RMC, BB2112, Moliere, Lassr
Remus - Chaos
BB2112 - Isgrimnur
Moliere - El Guapo
None - Archinerd, Unagi, Holman
Punisher is Shooter
Shooter is Convert

Moliere - Scoop
Zarathud - Remus
Day 3 wrote: 4 wolves

Unagi - Moliere, Remus, stessier,El Guapo, Holman, BB2112, Zarathud
RMC - Vorret, Archinerd, Isgrimnur
El Guapo - RMC, Unagi
None - Punisher
Day 4 wrote: 2 wolves

Vorret - Archinerd, Moliere, BB2112,Isgrimnur, Punisher, stessier
Moliere -Vorret
stessier - Remus, Holman, Zarathud
Items of note:
Someone who thought they were the Shooter on the Chaos vote turned evil. Zarathud was very brash the first day and has explained multiple times why that is. One unmentioned possibility is a Shooter who became a convert and had to stay in everyone's face to not change his play style.

On Day 3, Archinerd is the lone unknown on the RMC vote. I think this is a bad look for a wolf with the knowledge that RMC is going to explode. I don't think a wolf would expose himself like that.

On Day 4, I don't believe we lyched Vorret without a wolf. Given the above, I think Moliere or BB2112 is the best choice for today.
As for Remus - I'm still undecided between him and you and feel Moliere or BB2112 are the better choice today.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

DAY 5 VOTES

TIME LIMITS - DAY 5 will end in 52 hours.
if no majority is achieved it will switch to night phase with no lynch

VOTE TARGET - Votes Cast

Archinerd (4) - Zarathud, BB2112, Holman, Moliere,
Moliere (1) - Stessier,

Not Voted

Majority is 5

The living
1. Archinerd
2. Holman
3. BB2112
4. Punisher
5. Moliere
6. Zarathud
7. Remus West
8. Stessier

THE DEAD
Scoop – SPLAT!
RMC - Met Rick's Python
Bayraktar!!!!

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:Hmmmmmm
What is your hesitation? I thought you liked Archinerd as a wolf. You can't say the train built up too fast, which is what you said when you pulled back on Unagi (who was a wolf by the way). So why are you holding off this time?