Amazon has whacked our affiliate account. Hosting Donations/Commitments $2063 of $1920 (Sept 13/18). In Hand $1466 (Lump sum payments minus paypal graft). Paypal Donation Link Here

The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 31888
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start (sign up)

Post by El Guapo » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:39 pm

It's amazing how long Scoop20906 has held on, now that I think of it. I would have thought for sure that someone would have murdered him and assumed the mantle of Scoop20907 by now.

User avatar
Zarathud
Posts: 13486
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:29 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start (sign up)

Post by Zarathud » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:22 pm

That's the Scoop we know and love.

But can't trust. :)
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal. - Nixon
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 14959
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Snooze

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by Lassr » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:38 pm

I'll be gone the next two days moving my son to college.

Game should start Friday if all goes smoothly.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

User avatar
Scoop20906
Posts: 11300
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 3:50 pm
Location: Stafford, VA
scoop20906’s avatar
Loading…

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by Scoop20906 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:57 am

El Guapo wrote:It's amazing how long Scoop20906 has held on, now that I think of it. I would have thought for sure that someone would have murdered him and assumed the mantle of Scoop20907 by now.
His blood and tears nourished for a time.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 14959
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Snooze

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by Lassr » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:31 am

about to leave.

Some roles have been sent out but not all. So careful what you say if you say anything!
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9851
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by Newcastle » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:38 pm

:binky: :pop: :binky:
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 31888
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by El Guapo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:46 pm

Image

User avatar
Grundbegriff
Posts: 22276
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:46 am
Location: http://baroquepotion.com
Contact:

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by Grundbegriff » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:39 pm


Can the Intimidator blocks scans of himself once?
Can the Manipulator force the same victim twice?
Does the Agent's protection reach up to the next day's lynch including or excluding the lynch itself?



Evil can emulate: Town folk, Reporter, Doctor, Protector (possibly thwarted by Soldier), Monitor (if Devioid), PI.
Can prove self: Soldier

User avatar
Chaosraven
Posts: 20235
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:26 am

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by Chaosraven » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:22 pm

:pop:
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9851
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by Newcastle » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:33 pm

 scoop 90210 
 



ah wait damn it...he didn't sign up...bummer


 el guapo 
 
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
bb2112
End of Days
Posts: 5410
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:10 pm
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by bb2112 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:11 pm

Newcastle wrote: scoop 90210 
 



ah wait damn it...he didn't sign up...bummer


 el guapo 
 
I think you meant to say  Moliere 
 


I can see how you could be confused.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.

User avatar
Holman
Posts: 20220
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by Holman » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:38 am

Grundbegriff wrote:
Can the Intimidator blocks scans of himself once?
Can the Manipulator force the same victim twice?
Does the Agent's protection reach up to the next day's lynch including or excluding the lynch itself?



Evil can emulate: Town folk, Reporter, Doctor, Protector (possibly thwarted by Soldier), Monitor (if Devioid), PI.
Can prove self: Soldier
I only recently even looked at the rules, and the Manipulator role seems odd.

If the Manipulator forces me to say "I believe X is Y," does anything stop me from saying "No, I really don't believe X is Y" right after?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

User avatar
bb2112
End of Days
Posts: 5410
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:10 pm
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by bb2112 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:48 am

Holman wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Can the Intimidator blocks scans of himself once?
Can the Manipulator force the same victim twice?
Does the Agent's protection reach up to the next day's lynch including or excluding the lynch itself?



Evil can emulate: Town folk, Reporter, Doctor, Protector (possibly thwarted by Soldier), Monitor (if Devioid), PI.
Can prove self: Soldier
I only recently even looked at the rules, and the Manipulator role seems odd.

If the Manipulator forces me to say "I believe X is Y," does anything stop me from saying "No, I really don't believe X is Y" right after?
I kind of had the same question. Even if you can't say X is Y right after in so many words, you can put enough contradictions that it is going to make things very awkward. Also, can it be used to force someone to make a vote on someone they wouldn't normally vote for?
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 16864
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by Unagi » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:50 am

Sounds like I should read the rules.

'compelled to' rules are problematic.

User avatar
Grundbegriff
Posts: 22276
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:46 am
Location: http://baroquepotion.com
Contact:

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by Grundbegriff » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:14 pm

Holman wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Can the Intimidator blocks scans of himself once?
Can the Manipulator force the same victim twice?
Does the Agent's protection reach up to the next day's lynch including or excluding the lynch itself?



Evil can emulate: Town folk, Reporter, Doctor, Protector (possibly thwarted by Soldier), Monitor (if Devioid), PI.
Can prove self: Soldier
I only recently even looked at the rules, and the Manipulator role seems odd.

If the Manipulator forces me to say "I believe X is Y," does anything stop me from saying "No, I really don't believe X is Y" right after?
Yeah-- it seems like this would only work if the victim is also silenced for that turn. Even then, exactly two posts from a usually-loquacious participant might make the spell obvious to onlookers.

User avatar
Moliere
Posts: 12007
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:57 am
Location: Walking through a desert land

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by Moliere » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:21 pm

Grundbegriff wrote:Even then, exactly two posts from Scoop might make the spell obvious to onlookers.
Yes, or Scoop can be tricky and not talk this game. :shifty:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 14959
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Snooze

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by Lassr » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:24 pm

bb2112 wrote:
Holman wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Can the Intimidator blocks scans of himself once?
Can the Manipulator force the same victim twice?
Does the Agent's protection reach up to the next day's lynch including or excluding the lynch itself?



Evil can emulate: Town folk, Reporter, Doctor, Protector (possibly thwarted by Soldier), Monitor (if Devioid), PI.
Can prove self: Soldier
I only recently even looked at the rules, and the Manipulator role seems odd.

If the Manipulator forces me to say "I believe X is Y," does anything stop me from saying "No, I really don't believe X is Y" right after?
I kind of had the same question. Even if you can't say X is Y right after in so many words, you can put enough contradictions that it is going to make things very awkward. Also, can it be used to force someone to make a vote on someone they wouldn't normally vote for?
You can make them say anything, even vote. And yes they can contradict it or withdraw the vote immediately afterwards.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 14959
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Snooze

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by Lassr » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:25 pm

Grundbegriff wrote:
Can the Intimidator blocks scans of himself once?
Can the Manipulator force the same victim twice?
Does the Agent's protection reach up to the next day's lynch including or excluding the lynch itself?



Evil can emulate: Town folk, Reporter, Doctor, Protector (possibly thwarted by Soldier), Monitor (if Devioid), PI.
Can prove self: Soldier
Yes
Yes
Up to, it does not protect against the lynch.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 14959
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Snooze

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by Lassr » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:31 pm

Couple of more roles to be picked up and we'll be ready.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

User avatar
Grundbegriff
Posts: 22276
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:46 am
Location: http://baroquepotion.com
Contact:

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by Grundbegriff » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:51 pm

Lassr wrote:You can make them say anything, even vote. And yes they can contradict it or withdraw the vote immediately afterwards.
The only way to implement this is for the Evil to tell the moderator, and for the moderator to tell the victim, since the victim has to post it. And that means that there's never a way to post on behalf of the victim while the victim is away, exploiting absence to leave a false impression steeping (or a bogus vote active until deadline).

That's a stupid power. Let's hope it's in play!

User avatar
Punisher
Posts: 2182
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:05 pm

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by Punisher » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:00 am

Grundbegriff wrote:
Lassr wrote:You can make them say anything, even vote. And yes they can contradict it or withdraw the vote immediately afterwards.
The only way to implement this is for the Evil to tell the moderator, and for the moderator to tell the victim, since the victim has to post it. And that means that there's never a way to post on behalf of the victim while the victim is away, exploiting absence to leave a false impression steeping (or a bogus vote active until deadline).

That's a stupid power. Let's hope it's in play!

Yeah, can't see that being of any use other than for humor purposes... I'm in!
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us

User avatar
Archinerd
Posts: 5786
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:18 am
Location: Shikaakwa

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by Archinerd » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:05 am

Grundbegriff wrote:
Lassr wrote:You can make them say anything, even vote. And yes they can contradict it or withdraw the vote immediately afterwards.
The only way to implement this is for the Evil to tell the moderator, and for the moderator to tell the victim, since the victim has to post it. And that means that there's never a way to post on behalf of the victim while the victim is away, exploiting absence to leave a false impression steeping (or a bogus vote active until deadline).

That's a stupid power. Let's hope it's in play!
I think it's a great idea.

User avatar
Archinerd
Posts: 5786
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:18 am
Location: Shikaakwa

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by Archinerd » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:05 am

I was told to say that. :|

User avatar
RMC
Posts: 6327
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:49 pm
Location: Elyria, Ohio
Contact:

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by RMC » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:47 am

Grundbegriff wrote:
Lassr wrote:You can make them say anything, even vote. And yes they can contradict it or withdraw the vote immediately afterwards.
The only way to implement this is for the Evil to tell the moderator, and for the moderator to tell the victim, since the victim has to post it. And that means that there's never a way to post on behalf of the victim while the victim is away, exploiting absence to leave a false impression steeping (or a bogus vote active until deadline).

That's a stupid power. Let's hope it's in play!
Unless someone is at N-1. Once you cross the number, you are dead. So not really that unless or dumb, huh?

And then the person can say.. The wolves made me do it!!!!

So do we really think it is that stupid now?
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 14959
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Snooze

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by Lassr » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:51 am

Grundbegriff wrote:
Lassr wrote:You can make them say anything, even vote. And yes they can contradict it or withdraw the vote immediately afterwards.
The only way to implement this is for the Evil to tell the moderator, and for the moderator to tell the victim, since the victim has to post it. And that means that there's never a way to post on behalf of the victim while the victim is away, exploiting absence to leave a false impression steeping (or a bogus vote active until deadline).

That's a stupid power. Let's hope it's in play!

that is true. They can avoid the power by not reading any PM I send and not posting in the game. Not posting in the game can lead to their death by silence though. It would really be NOT cool also. It is a rather weak power except in one circumstance.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 14959
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Snooze

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by Lassr » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:52 am

one more role to pick up.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

User avatar
bb2112
End of Days
Posts: 5410
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:10 pm
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by bb2112 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:27 am

RMC wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Lassr wrote:You can make them say anything, even vote. And yes they can contradict it or withdraw the vote immediately afterwards.
The only way to implement this is for the Evil to tell the moderator, and for the moderator to tell the victim, since the victim has to post it. And that means that there's never a way to post on behalf of the victim while the victim is away, exploiting absence to leave a false impression steeping (or a bogus vote active until deadline).

That's a stupid power. Let's hope it's in play!
Unless someone is at N-1. Once you cross the number, you are dead. So not really that unless or dumb, huh?

And then the person can say.. The wolves made me do it!!!!

So do we really think it is that stupid now?
Yeah, the only real power this has is if we get to N-1 and it can push someone over the edge. Or when it gets to end game it can be used to wolf pile. So not as useless as at first figured. In the right circumstance it could be stupid powerful. To guard against it we will need to implement the Newcastle rule (I think that is an appropriate name for it) and not vote anyone up to N-1 until we are sure we want to lynch that player.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.

User avatar
Holman
Posts: 20220
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by Holman » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:19 am

Agreed. N-2 is the new N-1.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 16864
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by Unagi » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:52 am

I assume the Agent's protection then covers for the Soldier's Shot? Is that correct?

Also, does the Soldier's Shot 'end the day'/'skip the lynch' ?

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 14959
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Snooze

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by Lassr » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:50 pm

Unagi wrote:I assume the Agent's protection then covers for the Soldier's Shot? Is that correct?

Also, does the Soldier's Shot 'end the day'/'skip the lynch' ?
protects against any kind of kill during the day except the lynch.

Day does not end if soldier kills.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 14959
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Snooze

Re: The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by Lassr » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:51 pm

all roles complete
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Post Reply