New WW Variant-Wild Wild West - Roles are out - Game on!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

New WW Variant-Wild Wild West - Roles are out - Game on!

Post by bb2112 »

I’ve been thinking about a new variant on WW and I’m not sure if it will work or not but it could be interesting. It will be fast paced. This is designed to fill the void before Lassr's game starts.

It is set in Tombstone, a random town in the wild west.

1. Each day lasts only one IRL day. Saturdays and Sundays do not count.
2. There are no nights.
3. Votes are PM’d to the Mod and each morning the person with the most votes from the previous day is dead. If there is a tie, all tying parties are dead.
4. Actions and votes once placed with the Mod cannot be changed. Days end at 7AM EST.
5. If a player misses the deadline, then his actions for the day will not be counted.
6. There is only one person assigned to each of the Wolf and Good Guy roles.
7. Village roles are randomly handed out among the remaining players and may be duplicated. (Example: There may be 3 Village Idiots but no Drunk or Lawyer) If Outlaw is chosen, there will be only one per game.

10 players – 2 wolves (Can add more players if more want to play)

Roles:

Wolves:

1. Alpha Wolf- May vote either 1 time or 2 times for the same person each day. May decide each day.
2. Spaz Wolf- 1 time per game will place 1 vote on everyone else. If this ability kills the seer or the Sherriff, can do it again. Spaz Wolf’s votes cannot be negated or deflected.

Good Guys:
1. Sherriff - Protects one person or casts a vote. May decide each day. Cannot protect self and cannot protect the same person 2 days in a row.
2. Town Mystic - Use seer ability or vote. May decide each day.

Village:
1. Village Idiot – Must vote for 2 different people each day.
2. Drunk – Negates one vote on themselves or has one vote. May decide each day.
3. Politician – Deflects one vote off of themselves to the highest vote getter or has one vote. May decide each day. If Politician is the highest vote getter and he chooses to deflect then the deflected vote will go to the next highest vote getter. If there is a tie for highest, all the highest vote getters will get one extra vote.
4. Lawyer - Can negate 2 votes on target of his choice or has one vote. May decide each day. May choose themselves for negation but cannot choose the same target twice in the game.
5. Outlaw - Auto kill vote 1 time per game. This will take the place of the kill. The outlaw submits 2 names - if one name is the Sherriff's then the Sherriff is automatically chosen for the kill. The auto kill is negated and used up if the person chosen was protected by the Sherriff. The person with the most votes will die instead.
Last edited by bb2112 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:27 am, edited 5 times in total.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: New WW Variant - Wild Wild West

Post by bb2112 »

Players:

1. Vorret
2. Punisher
3. Scoop
4. El Guapo
5. Unagi
6. Newcastle
7. RMC
8. Holman
9. Lassr
Last edited by bb2112 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:08 am, edited 7 times in total.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
bb2112
End of Days

Re: New WW Variant - Wild Wild West

Post by bb2112 »

bb2112 wrote:
Newcastle wrote: Reading the rules...got a few questions:

1. What advantages do the wolves have? Seems kind of hohum. They have no real power except alpha's double vote, which i dont see why they wouldn't use it each time. And of course coordination. they could have three votes it looks like. Or does the spaz only get the massive vote? They seem a bit underpowered to me.
Having a 3 voting block is very powerful when there are only nine people.
Newcastle wrote: 2. Will we know the outcome of the votes? Ie Newcastle voted for Kate Moss...or totally blind? If its blind it will be a bit more difficult for folks to do voting analysis.
You will know how the vote totals landed but not who voted for whom.
Newcastle wrote: 3. Will the wolves be able to PM or have forum access?
Yes, they will be able to PM each other.
Newcastle wrote: 4. Seems like a big crux of your set up is the choice of whether the person uses a vote or not.
Yep.
bb2112 wrote:
Holman wrote:And votes aren't public? We just PM you--no forum   statement needed?

Interesting. If we can't know anyone's actual vote, how will we know anything at all? 

You vote via private PM to me and I will release the vote totals for each person at the end of the day, but not who voted for each person. However, I am sure there will be a lot of discussion on who is going to vote for who and you will get to match that up with the actual votes to find discrepancies. 

bb2112 wrote:
Unagi wrote:  bb, so is it 'the most votes' or is a majority needed still? 

Most votes, and if there are ties with the most votes, then all the top voters get killed. Supposed to be a quick game. 

Unagi wrote:  Also - the Outlaw seems to not really be helpful for the good guys at all? does his power only kill the sheriff? not sure if I get his role. 

He has the one time ability to kill someone. Being an outlaw, if in the confusion he can off the Sherriff, then he is going to do it. He submits 2 names, if the second name on his list is the Sherriff, then the Sherriff will get killed instead of whomever was at the top of the list. Otherwise his first choice will be killed. 

Last edited by bb2112 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Isgrimnur

Re: New WW Variant - Wild Wild West - Sign Up

Post by Isgrimnur »

No giant mechanical spiders?!
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

someone's fiending for some WW action :D
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

intrigued...not in but enjoying the hiatus for now, maybe in a bit of time would be interested in between gaps of other games.
Bayraktar!!!!

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

could be fun, I'm in
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Vorret wrote:could be fun, I'm in
Not to be competitive or anything, but so far Vorret is winning.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

in. need the XP.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I kind of like the time component but I worry REAL life will get in the way.

IN please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I will be in as well.
Black Lives Matter.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I will as well.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I.... hate peer pressure
N.... uff said
Bayraktar!!!!

RMC

Post by RMC »

I'll be your Huckleberry....

In
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Sorry, going to have to pass on this one (due to work & life obligations, not because of the rules).
Holman

Post by Holman »

Sure, count me  IN 

Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I also have to pass. Like the idea but I should get more work done.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

nonsense

If you died the day after the game ended, would you regret not working or not playing?
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I would regret not buying more life insurance. :)
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

I hope to get two more, but if I don't, then I will pull the Sherriff and the Spaz Wolf and we will just go with 8. This is not supposed to be an epic game anyway, just beer and pretzels.

We will start Monday.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Hmm beer
Isgrimnur wrote:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

If you are starting Monday I can probably play since the wedding will be over. My time will be free until the 16th & 17th when I move my son into his college apt. Sounds like it should be over before then.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote:If you are starting Monday I can probably play since the wedding will be over. My time will be free until the 16th & 17th when I move my son into his college apt. Sounds like it should be over before then.
Sorry didn't mean to interfere with your game start time. If you want we can always delay this until after your game. I had it in my head that your game wasn't starting until the 14th.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

bb2112 wrote:
Lassr wrote:If you are starting Monday I can probably play since the wedding will be over. My time will be free until the 16th & 17th when I move my son into his college apt. Sounds like it should be over before then.
Sorry didn't mean to interfere with your game start time. If you want we can always delay this until after your game. I had it in my head that your game wasn't starting until the 14th.
No, I had planned to start sometimes after next week.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

bb2112 wrote:
Admit it, you're just a dick.
We all felt a little weird when you declared this game in the first place.
Spoiler:
kidding!
Let's Play Both Simultaneously.
Spoiler:
serious?
Zarathud

Re: New WW Variant-Wild Wild West - Sign Ups Open to EOD Aug

Post by Zarathud »

Well chances are high dual games work out for bb.

:devil:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Zarathud wrote:Well chances are high dual games work out for bb.

:devil:
you should stop pretending your contributions to these games actually contend with your work. :shock:
:D (I say with love)
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Unagi wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Admit it, you're just a dick.
Dammit, I have been trying to hide that from the OO community for years and you just bust it wide open. Thanks! :doh:
Unagi wrote: Let's Play Both Simultaneously.
Spoiler:
serious?
I don't have a problem with that. I anticipate my game will go really quick. I bet we won't even be done with Day 1 of Lassr's game before my game is finished.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Let's do it! :horse:
Isgrimnur wrote:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Reading the rules...got a few questions:

1. What advantages do the wolves have? Seems kind of hohum. They have no real power except alpha's double vote, which i dont see why they wouldn't use it each time. And of course coordination. they could have three votes it looks like. Or does the spaz only get the massive vote? They seem a bit underpowered to me.

2. Will we know the outcome of the votes? Ie Newcastle voted for Kate Moss...or totally blind? If its blind it will be a bit more difficult for folks to do voting analysis.

3. Will the wolves be able to PM or have forum access?

4. Seems like a big crux of your set up is the choice of whether the person uses a vote or not.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Also will there be vote totals? So folks know who is voting for whom? Or would that give too much away? I think it would be a neat piece of analytics.
Bayraktar!!!!

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

All roles are out. :D
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle wrote: Reading the rules...got a few questions:

Having a 3 voting block is very powerful when there are only nine people.
Newcastle wrote: 2. Will we know the outcome of the votes? Ie Newcastle voted for Kate Moss...or totally blind? If its blind it will be a bit more difficult for folks to do voting analysis.
You will know how the vote totals landed but not who voted for whom.
Newcastle wrote: 3. Will the wolves be able to PM or have forum access?
Yes, they will be able to PM each other.
Newcastle wrote: 4. Seems like a big crux of your set up is the choice of whether the person uses a vote or not.
Yep.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

FYI - Since there are 9 players and 9 roles every player has a different role.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I say we kill the new guy
Isgrimnur wrote:
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

and where's Morliere?
Isgrimnur wrote:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Vorret wrote:and where's Morliere?
El Guapo forgot to sign him up.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

:cry:
Isgrimnur wrote:
Holman

Re: New WW Variant-Wild Wild West - Roles are out - Game on!

Post by Holman »

And votes aren't public? We just PM you--no forum   statement needed?

Interesting. If we can't know anyone's actual vote, how will we know anything at all? 

Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Lassr

Re: New WW Variant-Wild Wild West - Roles are out - Game on!

Post by Lassr »

Here. Remember that once votes are cast there are no withdrawals.

Black Lives Matter