New WW Variant-Wild Wild West - Roles are out - Game on!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Chaosraven

Sir Not Appearing In This Game

Post by Chaosraven »

El Guapo wrote:
#10 looks awfully suspicious. What is he hiding???

:ninja:
Last edited by Chaosraven on Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:55 pm, edited 10 times in total.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Holman

Re: New WW Variant-Wild Wild West - Roles are out - Game on!

Post by Holman »

RMC wrote:I am the outlaw!!!! ;)

I hope I get to shoot someone. It will be fun.. They never give me the gun.
The question for the rest of us: if someone else is the Outlaw, should they counter RMC now or just kill him (using the actual Outlaw power) in the night? What do people think?

(I have no reason to suspect that RMC is lying. I'm just considering possibilities.)

We definitely should not vote for RMC. The danger is that (if there is an actual Outlaw out there instead) the actual Outlaw could die. There's also the danger that a legitimate Outlaw RMC will die if we can't get it together to coordinate 4+ votes on someone other than RMC, although maybe the use of this shot would protect him anyway (if he does it today).

bb2112:
If the Outlaw uses his kill power but is vote-killed the same day, does his kill (which according to the rules "takes the place of the kill") effectively protect himself?

If no one counterclaims RMC, should the Sheriff protect him? If he does, it would screw up an actual-but-silent Outlaw from killing a spoofer RMC with his shot. It's also perhaps unnecessary if the Outlaw's shot effectively protects himself from being vote-killed.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Holman

Post by Holman »

If we get misses and vote-kill Good Guys, it will be harder and harder to coordinate 4+ votes to outnumber the 3 the Wolves will have every time.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Yeah if there is a non-RMC outlaw they should 100% counter. He could use his shot immediately so there would be no risk of losing his power. In fact, just go ahead and shoot RMC in the face while naming Unagi as the #2.

For this reason, there is a -100% chance of RMC lying, even though he is the Devil.
Black Lives Matter.
RMC

Post by RMC »

El Guapo wrote:Yeah if there is a non-RMC outlaw they should 100% counter. He could use his shot immediately so there would be no risk of losing his power. In fact, just go ahead and shoot RMC in the face while naming Unagi as the #2.

For this reason, there is a -100% chance of RMC lying, even though he is the Devil.
Really, I am very gutsy in these games, but honestly why would Wolf RMC come out on day one and paint a bullseye on my chest.

I really am who I say I am, and no one is going to counter me, or I get to shoot them in the face. So actually, please counter me, so I can prove myself by shooting you in the face. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

RMC wrote:
El Guapo wrote:Yeah if there is a non-RMC outlaw they should 100% counter. He could use his shot immediately so there would be no risk of losing his power. In fact, just go ahead and shoot RMC in the face while naming Unagi as the #2.

Really, I am very gutsy in these games, but honestly why would Wolf RMC come out on day one and paint a bullseye on my chest.

I really am who I say I am, and no one is going to counter me, or I get to shoot them in the face. So actually, please counter me, so I can prove myself by shooting you in the face. :)
lol
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I, Vorret, am the outlaw! I love Canada!
Black Lives Matter.
RMC

Post by RMC »

El Guapo wrote:Image

Shooting in the face... Hey wait a minute I see what you did there... That's not nice...
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote:I find Newcastle the most quiet right now.
:shhh:
<--- is sleeping

Been pretty busy the last day and a half..anyway...i am really trying to figure out how we can nab the wolves here...there are no night kills, voting records area obscured because no names are attached...so folks can vote for A when they say they'll vote for bubba.

kind of tempted to submit a vote for lassr so that way he can get to work on the next coming game pronto....
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Vorret wrote:
Punisher wrote:
Vorret wrote:Yes, yes I am!
On the other hand you elected Trump sooooo... :wink:
Don't blame me for that!

HILARIOUS!!!
Bayraktar!!!!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

RMC wrote:
El Guapo wrote:Image

Shooting in the face... Hey wait a minute I see what you did there... That's not nice...
It was a pretty good impression though, right?
Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lassr wrote:
Punisher wrote:
Unagi wrote:I find Newcastle the most quiet right now. Punisher is also quiet.
Well, I'm exactly a super talker to begin with, but I have posted a few times... Plus it's day 1 so it really is a random crap shoot.. more so now since we won't know who voted what...
Also, from re-reading the roles..
1) Keep in mind that the 2 wolves have 3 votes.. I can't think of ANY reason that the Alpha wolf wouldn't use their 2 vote thing every time.
2) Except for the Wolves, the village idiot, or the Outlaw, all other roles need to choose between voting and using their power... That can skew the votes as well, especially if all the roles choose power over vote.
good catch, I forgot about the extra vote so they have 3 votes so we have to outnumber them or their votes to kill the person.
1. Alpha Wolf- May vote either 1 time or 2 times for the same person each day. May decide each day.
2. Spaz Wolf- 1 time per game will place 1 vote on everyone else. If this ability kills the seer or the Sherriff, can do it again. Spaz Wolf’s votes cannot be negated or deflected.
no they dont, they only have 1-2 votes and then the spaz votes...
Bayraktar!!!!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

As I understand it it's one vote for the spaz wolf, 1 or 2 votes for the alpha wolf, and then the spaz votes (1 for everyone!) at least once per game.

So a max of three votes. Theoretically they kind of have four votes via the spaz ability, but the spaz ability is one vote for everyone, so I don't think they can change which person has the most votes, right?
Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

wait ...what? where'd the unagi hate stem from? did i miss something?
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Newcastle wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Punisher wrote:
Unagi wrote:I find Newcastle the most quiet right now. Punisher is also quiet.
Well, I'm exactly a super talker to begin with, but I have posted a few times... Plus it's day 1 so it really is a random crap shoot.. more so now since we won't know who voted what...
Also, from re-reading the roles..
1) Keep in mind that the 2 wolves have 3 votes.. I can't think of ANY reason that the Alpha wolf wouldn't use their 2 vote thing every time.
2) Except for the Wolves, the village idiot, or the Outlaw, all other roles need to choose between voting and using their power... That can skew the votes as well, especially if all the roles choose power over vote.
good catch, I forgot about the extra vote so they have 3 votes so we have to outnumber them or their votes to kill the person.
1. Alpha Wolf- May vote either 1 time or 2 times for the same person each day. May decide each day.
2. Spaz Wolf- 1 time per game will place 1 vote on everyone else. If this ability kills the seer or the Sherriff, can do it again. Spaz Wolf’s votes cannot be negated or deflected.
no they dont, they only have 1-2 votes and then the spaz votes...
So Spaz wolf does not have a regular vote? Not completely clear. BB?
that would make it a little more fair.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

El Guapo wrote:As I understand it it's one vote for the spaz wolf, 1 or 2 votes for the alpha wolf, and then the spaz votes (1 for everyone!) at least once per game.

So a max of three votes. Theoretically they kind of have four votes via the spaz ability, but the spaz ability is one vote for everyone, so I don't think they can change which person has the most votes, right?
no read the rules...i was wondering about the power of the wolves and they seemed gimped when i checked stuff out earlier. the spaz has one ultra vote on everyone, if he hits the special target he can go again. it doesnt say and he has one vote.
Bayraktar!!!!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Newcastle wrote:

wait ...what? where'd the unagi hate stem from? did i miss something?
Yeah Unagi declared himself non-sheriff so that he's a safe #2 choice for the outlaw (to avoid accidentally hitting the sheriff). See above.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Newcastle wrote:
El Guapo wrote:As I understand it it's one vote for the spaz wolf, 1 or 2 votes for the alpha wolf, and then the spaz votes (1 for everyone!) at least once per game.

no read the rules...i was wondering about the power of the wolves and they seemed gimped when i checked stuff out earlier. the spaz has one ultra vote on everyone, if he hits the special target he can go again. it doesnt say and he has one vote.
Pretty sure that the structure of the game is that everyone has one vote. Otherwise the outlaw also doesn't have a vote outside of their one-kill power, which would mean that the outlaw is basically out of the game after they blow their wad, so to speak.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

RMC wrote:

I do believe you. I was just gaming out possibilities. I'm trying to get my head around these rules.

Was there a compelling reason to come out on Day 1, though? It seems like you have to take your shot now, but your shot will be just a guess.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Holman wrote:
bb2112:
If the Outlaw uses his kill power but is vote-killed the same day, does his kill (which according to the rules "takes the place of the kill") effectively protect himself?
Yes. The Outlaw shot will take precedence over the vote leader being killed.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

El Guapo wrote:
Newcastle wrote:

Pretty sure that the structure of the game is that everyone has one vote. Otherwise the outlaw also doesn't have a vote outside of their one-kill power, which would mean that the outlaw is basically out of the game after they blow their wad, so to speak.
Let's see what BB says...
Bayraktar!!!!

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote:
So Spaz wolf does not have a regular vote? Not completely clear. BB?
that would make it a little more fair.
Spax Wolf has one vote each day or can use his one time power instead, but not both.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remember - All actions must be PM'd to me by tomorrow morning 7AM EST.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Newcastle wrote:

Let's see what BB says...
Outlaw has a vote or can use his one time power.
Holman

Post by Holman »

If the Outlaw uses his kill today, all our votes are unnecessary--the Outlaw kill will replace whatever we choose.

But maybe the Sheriff should commit to protecting RMC, allowing him to save his power at least until we have some data tomorrow?

There's *no* need for the Sheriff to come out. But if there's a village consensus, could we trust the Sheriff to protect RMC? I can't think of why he would choose not to today. Then RMC could save the kill for tomorrow.

Do people agree?
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Holman wrote:If the Outlaw uses his kill today, all our votes are unnecessary--the Outlaw kill will replace whatever we choose.

But maybe the Sheriff should commit to protecting RMC, allowing him to save his power at least until we have some data tomorrow?

There's *no* need for the Sheriff to come out. But if there's a village consensus, could we trust the Sheriff to protect RMC? I can't think of why he would choose not to today. Then RMC could save the kill for tomorrow.

Do people agree?
If RMC is protected, but is lying (which I doubt), then the real Outlaw won't be able to kill him. If he is not protected and survives the night he would pretty much be proven tomorrow.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Sheriff should protect RMC tonight. No doubt.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lassr wrote:Sheriff should protect RMC tonight. No doubt.
I concurr... Because I did not shoot the sheriff........ But I might have shot the deputy...

Come on, great use of that line, right?? Right??

So who we voting off the island?

Quiet people are on my list right now, as this game is anything but normal, and quiet get's ya shoT!
Holman

Post by Holman »

The only thing to prevent the Sheriff from protecting RMC would be someone countering him with an Outlaw claim. We haven't seen that, so I'd agree that the Sheriff should protect him. Then he can use his shot tomorrow with a little more information.

And with the Outlaw not shooting, we need to decide who gets voted dead (even though it's Day 1 Random) to overcome the Wolves' three votes.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

RMC wrote: Quiet people are on my list right now, as this game is anything but normal, and quiet get's ya shoT!
scoop? only offense of his is he is quiet. but...today is just random....

so who we all voting for? have we reached any sort of consensus? or we just doing random....be best if we voted as a block i would think.
Bayraktar!!!!

RMC

Post by RMC »

I'm fine with a scoop vote...
Holman

Post by Holman »

This will be an... interesting... game if the vote debates happen after some of us have gone to bed.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I am too.

Here is something - and there is no time for it today (I would think), but we should (the next game day, which will be even quicker than this one!) perhaps at the very least, all demark/declare who our intended vote is (you may opt to use a power instead, etc ) - just so that someone who is the Seer could perhaps tell people to 'Back Off'...
Holman

Post by Holman »

The case is against Scoop is, what, that he was spouting weirdness earlier?

Is there a good reason to vote for anyone else, or is this just a Day 1 random crapshoot?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman wrote:The case is against Scoop is, what, that he was spouting weirdness earlier?

Is there a good reason to vote for anyone else, or is this just a Day 1 random crapshoot?
Pretty sure it's picked from a list of 'quiet players' - and then contrasted with their normal playstyle.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman wrote:Is there a good reason to vote for anyone else, or is this just a Day 1 random crapshoot?
You ask as if we know better than you.

It's clearly a random crapshoot where I know you all shouldn't vote for me.

So, right back at ya: Is there a good reason to vote for anyone else? I will say this - if Scoop is the Seer he hasn't done much to be sure he wasn't targeted on day 1, so it may be a good crapshoot.

That being said - SAME APPLIES FOR A WOLF.

Maybe you and Newcastle? Punisher?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Ima vote for Newcastle.

To: Newcastle
(sorry, legit concern on here)
RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop is always loud and involved. He is most likely being quiet because of work...But if he is being quiet to get under the radar... I don't know if that is wolf scoop or...special scoop...

either way, talk to me Brah!
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman is also pluckin my guitar.