The Parasite -GAME OVER-Town wins

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

RMC

Re: The Parasite -Day 1

Post by RMC »

Zarathud wrote:Wow. A clusterfuck already.

Tell me again why we're not voting for Scoop then RMC? Because this is bizarre.
<sigh> Watch who is trying to tie me to Scoop. I never make it to the end game anymore, and sure I will not this time either. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Crap. Next thing I know people will start tying me to me. So frustrating!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Holman

Post by Holman »

Well that was easy.

Scoop 

Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

RMC wrote:<sigh> Watch who is trying to tie me to Scoop. I never make it to the end game anymore, and sure I will not this time either. :)
You did throw yourself on Scoop while he's a burning dumpster fire -- after he came out of the blue with "well, I lied again."
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
RMC

Post by RMC »

Zarathud wrote:
RMC wrote:<sigh> Watch who is trying to tie me to Scoop. I never make it to the end game anymore, and sure I will not this time either. :)
You did throw yourself on Scoop while he's a burning dumpster fire -- after he came out of the blue with "well, I lied again."
I did, and I still don't think he is a wolf. <shrug>
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I'm either not a wolf or a guy who is so bad at this game he can't even get the number of days elapsed right. Or maybe both.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

OK. Susposed I vote. Hmm.

Actually let me do a little reading. Remember, the wolves would be pretty sure I was lying and would get exposed pretty easily.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Moliere wrote:
Unagi wrote:Um.
Scoop 'came out' with his first post , 2nd post, and then his 3rd post
Exactly. He's trying too hard to utilize what happened in a previous game.
Since when do you provide a reason or analysis for your vote?

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scoop20906 wrote:But you sure waited long enough to announce.

THIS makes you look not like a fake Villager - but a fake. IMO
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Ok, setting aside the fact that Scoop is being Scoop for a moment: Would a wolf (even a Scoop wolf) expose himself on day one with a claim that could be easily countered since nobody has died yet? I get that Scoop is unpredictable and a little on the crazy side, but does that make a lot of sense? There was no real heat on him (or anyone) yet.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Moliere wrote:

knock it off. that's what I said.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

bb2112 wrote:Ok, setting aside the fact that Scoop is being Scoop for a moment: Would a wolf (even a Scoop wolf) expose himself on day one with a claim that could be easily countered since nobody has died yet? I get that Scoop is unpredictable and a little on the crazy side, but does that make a lot of sense? There was no real heat on him (or anyone) yet.
So, the wolves DID (facto) get stopped by the protector last night.

Either:
a) wolf scoop came out first thing and claimed protector to get the protector out.
b) villager scoop came out in an attempt to fuck with everyone but hope that it ends up helping his side
c) protector scoop came out and declared he again was the day-1-protector

Since then - El Guapo has countered that claim. So, Scoop is most certainly either a, b, or c But El Guapo is most certainly .... Not a wolf willing to dive into all this, and certainly not a Villager willing to fuck with everyone even more...

SO, since El Guapo isn't a wolf or villager - that makes Scoop either a) or b).

I'm about ready to lynch him, BUT WAIT - let's just scan him (Seer) - and move on. Scoop can be cleared or condemned - and make the Wolves deal with a Villager Wolf, for now.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

bb2112 wrote:Ok, setting aside the fact that Scoop is being Scoop for a moment: Would a wolf (even a Scoop wolf) expose himself on day one with a claim that could be easily countered since nobody has died yet?
This IS scoop.

/shuffles to the bikini beach babe contest
"touch...touch"
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I'd rather be killed than scanned frankly. But I'm just a miss so guess what... We won't hit a special.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Unagi wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Moliere wrote:

knock it off. that's what I said.
It was a good point.

But frankly I think the wolves avoided talking about me.

Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Unagi wrote:SO, since El Guapo isn't a wolf or villager - that makes Scoop either a) or b).

I'm about ready to lynch him, BUT WAIT - let's just scan him (Seer) - and move on. Scoop can be cleared or condemned - and make the Wolves deal with a Villager Wolf, for now.
Now that makes some sense, I think.

When Scoop pulls this crap, the wolves hide.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Holman

Post by Holman »

Scoop,

If you're just a villager acting weird, what was your aim in trying to out our Protector?
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Scoop20906 wrote:I'd rather be killed than scanned frankly. But I'm just a miss so guess what... We won't hit a special.
How are you still alive?
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

El Guapo wrote:So the protector definitely succeeded, right? I'm not missing any other way for no one to have died?

And since the protector can't protect the same person twice, there's no reason for the wolves to kill anyone other than whomever they targeted last night, right? Unless a special gets outed or something?

Seems like the protector should out themselves if they protected themselves, given the likely death and spoofing potential. Not sure why the protector should out themselves if they protected someone else.
Because they may have protected the Seer and that player will probably be targeted for tonight's kill but I went over all that multiple times last game.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote:
Moliere wrote:
Wait - a - minute.
You are actually making a vote that is based on something for real here? Who are you, and what have you done with Moliere?

:think:
Well, I have to figure that El Guapo and Moliere had much higher chances of being parasites because if either login got chosen he would want the other on the same team to keep it simpler between the personalities. Therefore either make great votes. :P
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Remus West wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Moliere wrote:
Wait - a - minute.
You are actually making a vote that is based on something for real here? Who are you, and what have you done with Moliere?

:think:
Well, I have to figure that El Guapo and Moliere had much higher chances of being parasites because if either login got chosen he would want the other on the same team to keep it simpler between the personalities. Therefore either make great votes. :P
Or not.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Ok, setting aside the fact that Scoop is being Scoop for a moment: Would a wolf (even a Scoop wolf) expose himself on day one with a claim that could be easily countered since nobody has died yet? I get that Scoop is unpredictable and a little on the crazy side, but does that make a lot of sense? There was no real heat on him (or anyone) yet.
So, the wolves DID (facto) get stopped by the protector last night.

Either:
a) wolf scoop came out first thing and claimed protector to get the protector out.
b) villager scoop came out in an attempt to fuck with everyone but hope that it ends up helping his side
c) protector scoop came out and declared he again was the day-1-protector

Since then - El Guapo has countered that claim. So, Scoop is most certainly either a, b, or c But El Guapo is most certainly .... Not a wolf willing to dive into all this, and certainly not a Villager willing to fuck with everyone even more...

SO, since El Guapo isn't a wolf or villager - that makes Scoop either a) or b).

How would you like us to obtain the results of that scan?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I think the word would be: eventually, if at all.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote:I think the word would be: eventually, if at all.
So how is that a good plan for the village?
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I'm not sure Scoop is a wolf... I guess he could be but why overexpose on day one, makes no sense to me.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Vorret wrote:I'm not sure Scoop is a wolf... I guess he could be but why overexpose on day one, makes no sense to me.
That's what I'm saying.

Moliere 

Pushing hard for a Scoop lynch.

I am also not too keen on Unagi. Seems like he took Scoop at face value way too easily and I don't like the waste of a scan on Scoop this early. I do agree with let the wolves sort the Scoop thing out. But it is too early to vote Unagi. If he is good, he is too good of a detective for the village to lose this early.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

NC, you are good at reading Unagi. What do you think of his play so far?
Holman

Post by Holman »

I'm willing to hold off from Scoop and see what develops. I definitely think he has some 'splainin to do.

withdraw Scoop 

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Vorret wrote:I'm not sure Scoop is a wolf... I guess he could be but why overexpose on day one, makes no sense to me.

a. this is scoop
b. he's mr. splodie ("i much rather be killed than scanned" he said)
c. he doesn't want to remain in the game for long due to being RL busy (guessing); so he makes this play
d. this IS scoop

having said that

remove scoop 

we could quarantine him.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

bb2112 wrote:NC, you are good at reading Unagi. What do you think of his play so far?
too early to tell
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

rmc 

trying too hard
Bayraktar!!!!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

So, there are a couple possibilities re: Scoop.

(1) He is a non-special villager trying to provide cover for the agent (me). Scoop could probably surmise that the agent probably protected himself, because there's no good reason for the agent to protect anyone else (who could be a wolf) on night 0. The theory would be that the wolves might aim for him instead of the protector.

One problem with this is it's unclear why exactly this would motivate the wolves to target someone else. They know that they targeted me and that I was protected night 0 (and can't be protected on night 1). If Scoop were the protector, they would know that he is eligible for protection night 1. Why gamble on targeting Scoop (who could be protected, and may or may not be the protector) rather than killing me who is definitely not protected?

The other problem is that villager Scoop has no way of knowing who the true agent is. If it was someone who did not self-protect (and who is thus not in danger), they might be pushed into revealing themselves when they otherwise could choose to remain hidden. OR:

(2) He is a wolf trying to spoof the protector. Obviously the problem with this theory is that the wolves know for certain that the protector is alive and can contest. Possible that Scoop is gambling that he can get a non-self protecting agent to reveal themselves, and then fall back on the (plausible) "I'm just a wacky Scoop trying to draw the wolves fire!" defense for safety. Or he could be gambling that a self-protecting agent might not reveal (in the hopes that Scoop does successfully draw the wolves' fire), they then kill the self-protecting agent, and Scoop can go on passing himself off as the agent.
Black Lives Matter.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

If Scoop was a wolf the only thing that would have made sense is to come out and say :

I'm the protector and I protected El Guapo last night.

Just alluring at the role is odd though since it doesn't help in any way.
Isgrimnur wrote:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Vorret wrote:If Scoop was a wolf the only thing that would have made sense is to come out and say :

No, a wolf Scoop definitely wouldn't say that. The only people who know for certain who was targeted last night are the wolves and the protector. Since I know that I'm the protector, if Scoop specifically claimed that he protected me, then I would know essentially for certain that he was a wolf. In that scenario he could succeed in getting the village to lynch me today, but even if he did he would be the next lynch tomorrow.

I'm on the fence. On the one hand my gut (though that's not terribly reliable in these games) finds the "Scoop as villager trying to draw fire" a little more plausible. BUT on the other hand for a day 1 lynch Scoop is high reward low risk (since he's either a wolf or a regular villager).
Black Lives Matter.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

El Guapo wrote:
Vorret wrote:If Scoop was a wolf the only thing that would have made sense is to come out and say :

No, a wolf Scoop definitely wouldn't say that. The only people who know for certain who was targeted last night are the wolves and the protector. Since I know that I'm the protector, if Scoop specifically claimed that he protected me, then I would know essentially for certain that he was a wolf. In that scenario he could succeed in getting the village to lynch me today, but even if he did he would be the next lynch tomorrow.

I'm on the fence. On the one hand my gut (though that's not terribly reliable in these games) finds the "Scoop as villager trying to draw fire" a little more plausible. BUT on the other hand for a day 1 lynch Scoop is high reward low risk (since he's either a wolf or a regular villager).
Actually he could last 3 days with that claim.
You die tonight, tomorrow he doesn't die at night (he protects himself) we don't lynch him on D2, if he doesn't die on N3 then yeah, now he gets lynched.

It's not a bad gamble and it kills our protector right off the bat.
Isgrimnur wrote:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Vorret wrote:
El Guapo wrote:

You die tonight, tomorrow he doesn't die at night (he protects himself) we don't lynch him on D2, if he doesn't die on N3 then yeah, now he gets lynched.

He could last three days with his "I'm a protector" claim without saying who he protected. He would only last one day if he said that he had protected me, because then either he or me would have to be a wolf (once I contested his protector claim).
Black Lives Matter.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

El Guapo wrote:
Vorret wrote:
El Guapo wrote:

He could last three days with his "I'm a protector" claim without saying who he protected. He would only last one day if he said that he had protected me, because then either he or me would have to be a wolf (once I contested his protector claim).
good point, carry on :P
Isgrimnur wrote:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Players ----------- Voted For:
1 Newcastle----- RMC
2 Vorret----------
3 Holman--------
4 BB2112--------- Moliere
5 Scoop----------
6 Archinerd-----
7 El Guapo-------
8 Zarathud-------
9 Punisher-------
10 Unagi-----------
11 Remus West---
12 RMC------------ BB2112
13 Grundbegriff--
14 Moliere-------- Scoop
Targets ----------- Voters
( Scoop---------- 1 )--- Moliere ---
( BB2112--------- 1 )--- RMC
( Moliere-------- 1 )--- BB2112
( RMC------------ 1 )--- Newcastle
( )---

Deaths

Majority = 8
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Moliere 

He's against poutine.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

FYI guys. My death guarantees we don't hit a special and since we lose El Guapo tonight then we can kill a non special and try again tomorrow or roll dice and come up:

Newcastle 

If I'm wrong you can kill me tomorrow because maybe just maybe I know something. Lol!!!