Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

Re: Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Day 2

Post by Lassr »

Zarathud wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:53 pm That's not as wild of a mischaracterization as Lassr saying I'm one of the quiet ones.
going back I see you have posted more than I thought, I guess nothing stood out to me for it to register except I do recall your vote for me and what appeared to be odd reasoning...if they were connected. That stood out.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

withdraw Lassr 

accuse Punisher 

For the non-answer response. Of course you're damned if you play, but at least then you've tried.

Still fighting against an easy vote on RMC or Moliere, and willing to go back on Lassr. Something's off but I can't put my finger on it -- except for being the other vote on scoop.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
RMC

Post by RMC »

The whole silent vs too many posts is not a thing. Being silent just provides no value, so you are either unengaged, or a wolf hiding. I suppose you could be a special hiding as well, but that is not a good way to play a special, as you will eventually be pointed too as a silent.

I don't think that anyone has ever been accused of posting too much, but the types of posts can put to mind someone trying to defend themselves for no reason, or just misdirecting.

I still hold to my top two...The third one on Zarathud, is just being a little reactionary to a new player coming in. I think... But we shall see...
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Day 2 Votes

1. El Guapo --------> RMC
2. Moliere ----------> Zarathud, Unagi
3. Remus West ---> Unagi, Punisher
4. RMC -------------->
5. Zaracastle -------> RMC, Remus West, Lassr, Punisher
6. Holman ----------> Unagi
7. Punisher --------->
8. Lassr -------------> RMC
9. Unagi ------------> Remus West, Moliere, El Guapo, Remus West

Votes:
2 RMC ----------------> Lassr, El Guapo
2 Unagi --------------> Holman, Moliere
2 Punisher -----------> Remus West, Zarathud
1 Remus West -------> Unagi

5 Votes Needed

Dead:
Isgrimnur
Chaosraven
Newthud
Grundbegriff
Stessier
Lord Mortis
Revhempus
Archinerd
Purge
Semaj
Tru1cy
Lagom Lite
Triggercut
Theohall
Pr0ner
Mr. Bubbles
Coopasonic
Austin
Redrun
Patriots
Scoop20906 - T-Balled
Vorret - Looking Around

Deadline:
Deadline: Friday February 16th, 9PM
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

We have 2 days to decide. I am willing to move my vote, it's not in concrete, just I do not have a solid feel one way or the other. I am willing to test one of the Remus/Unagi duo. Unagi's play seems a bit more off to me than Remus.
and yes I know I said I would not vote Unagi today, that was a while back, things change.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Zarathud wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:45 am  withdraw Lassr 

accuse Punisher 

For the non-answer response. Of course you're damned if you play, but at least then you've tried.

Still fighting against an easy vote on RMC or Moliere, and willing to go back on Lassr. Something's off but I can't put my finger on it -- except for being the other vote on scoop.
I'm not sure I would categorize my post as a non-answer except for the rambling first paragraph. After that, I feel that I explained my position and play style well. I find it odd that you would still think I had a non-answer.
Not sure if you are trying to deflect from something or not and I am tempted to throw a vote your way, but I'm not convinced that you are a wolf deflecting or if you are a villager who just felt my explanation was not enough. I am still leaning towards Remus or unagi being a wolf which is the only reason I'm not throwing a vote your way out of spite :P
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

bb2112
Is the deadline EST?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

RMC wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:22 am The whole silent vs too many posts is not a thing.
Of course it is. I can not think of a single player that joined without engaging in that same questioning at some point during play. Hell, I'm pretty certain that we have had pages worth of discussion regarding it in some of the games after they wrapped up.
Zarathud wrote:Of course you're damned if you play, but at least then you've tried.
Combined with
RMC wrote:Being silent just provides no value
Was about all we ever came up with regarding it. Many times we have talked about "killing the silent" but never seem to follow through on it. Newcastle has admitted to using it as a strategy in the past to see how long he could go as a silent wolf.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Holman

Post by Holman »

Remus West wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:34 am
Was about all we ever came up with regarding it. Many times we have talked about "killing the silent" but never seem to follow through on it. Newcastle has admitted to using it as a strategy in the past to see how long he could go as a silent wolf.
Newcastle is way too silent this time if you ask me.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Remus West wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:46 am Unagi, I absolutely shared my thinking on you day 1 to see how folks reacted to it. I wanted to see what people thought about that line of thinking and how they reacted to it. I do not feel I pushed for folks to lynch you day 1 at all. I shared a line of thinking and tried to spur some conversation about it in order to avoid the completely random day 1 lynch that leaves us with just as little to go on day 2.

Day 2 you came out firing at me for living based off the idea I would have left you alive were I a wolf. Discounting the possibility of your being protected entirely in spite of my having mentioned it on day 1. How is that not weird? You view yourself as such a threat to team bad guy that you can not imagine NOT being the target for night kill but of such low value to team good guy that you can not imagine being the target of the protector? The two concepts fail to mesh.
Unagi, while you're off finding "little gems" regarding me why did you ignore the colored piece above? Care to try and explain the two distinctly different approaches? Why are you so dangerous to the bad guys while being so worthless to the good guys? Also, claiming you can not recall every being protected day 1 is a valueless claim as it has no bearing on the perception of your contributions to either team.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
RMC

Post by RMC »

So this has got my stumped:

Votes:
2 RMC ----------------> Lassr, El Guapo - I understand why they say they are voting for me, I don't agree, for obvious reasons
2 Unagi --------------> Holman, Moliere - Okay, I guess I understand that they feel Remus is right about Unagi
2 Punisher -----------> Remus West, Zarathud - Now, why is Remus on this vote? He seems so against Unagi, but yet his vote is here. Zarathud, I guess I understand.
1 Remus West -------> Unagi - Okay, his arguments have been here the whole game..

I am going to go with what I think is right, and the one odd thing I noticed above.

Remus West  

He is on my top 3, and I am not sure why he is on Punisher and not Unagi...
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

RMC wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:48 am So this has got my stumped:

Votes:
2 RMC ----------------> Lassr, El Guapo - I understand why they say they are voting for me, I don't agree, for obvious reasons
2 Unagi --------------> Holman, Moliere - Okay, I guess I understand that they feel Remus is right about Unagi
2 Punisher -----------> Remus West, Zarathud - Now, why is Remus on this vote? He seems so against Unagi, but yet his vote is here. Zarathud, I guess I understand.
1 Remus West -------> Unagi - Okay, his arguments have been here the whole game..

I am going to go with what I think is right, and the one odd thing I noticed above.

Remus West  

He is on my top 3, and I am not sure why he is on Punisher and not Unagi...
IIRC, this was one of those "kill the silent" votes.. Again, not quite sure how many posts it takes to remove myself from the quiet people. :)
RMC

Post by RMC »

Even if it was a kill the silent vote, then why rail against Unagi so loudly, then go over to you for his vote?

I know he will say it is to draw people out, blah blah... But I am not fooled. I think..
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

RMC wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:32 pm Even if it was a kill the silent vote, then why rail against Unagi so loudly, then go over to you for his vote?

I know he will say it is to draw people out, blah blah... But I am not fooled. I think..
Good Point. I am going to refrain from voting for now because I believe Remus is at the new N1 now.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Punisher wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:37 pm
RMC wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:32 pm Even if it was a kill the silent vote, then why rail against Unagi so loudly, then go over to you for his vote?

Good Point. I am going to refrain from voting for now because I believe Remus is at the new N1 now.
Yeah, with only 5 votes, and 2 votes from Dookie, 2 votes on you is the new N-1. :)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Wasn't to draw people out at all. It was simply because punisher wasn't talking. I have not moved it because I have not bothered to yet.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Meh. I don't care. Let count use a piece of his power to prove me innocent. Vote to your heart's content.

Here, let me really twist your mind.

El Guapo 

because of what has been keeping my vote from Unagi.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Remus West wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:47 pm

Meh. I don't care. Let count use a piece of his power to prove me innocent. Vote to your heart's content.

Here, let me really twist your mind.

El Guapo 

because of what has been keeping my vote from Unagi.
Okay.... So now this interest me..

Withdraw Remus West  

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

It's true, I have been using my hypnotic powers to keep Remus from voting for the person that he thinks is probably a wolf.
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:09 pm It's true, I have been using my hypnotic powers to keep Remus from voting for the person that he thinks is probably a wolf.
Spoiler:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
RMC

Post by RMC »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:09 pm It's true, I have been using my hypnotic powers to keep Remus from voting for the person that he thinks is probably a wolf.
Well then you are either evil or a lawyer..... Or both.... :?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Wrong. Has nothing to do with you. Literally.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:25 pm
Would you care to explain what's been keeping you from voting for Unagi, then?
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:32 pm
I'm waiting to see what he says so no, I don't care to explain right now.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:45 pm
ok then. I can't wait to find out about your double secret voting methodology.
Black Lives Matter.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:41 am
Remus West wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:46 am Unagi, I absolutely shared my thinking on you day 1 to see how folks reacted to it. I wanted to see what people thought about that line of thinking and how they reacted to it. I do not feel I pushed for folks to lynch you day 1 at all. I shared a line of thinking and tried to spur some conversation about it in order to avoid the completely random day 1 lynch that leaves us with just as little to go on day 2.

Day 2 you came out firing at me for living based off the idea I would have left you alive were I a wolf. Discounting the possibility of your being protected entirely in spite of my having mentioned it on day 1. How is that not weird? You view yourself as such a threat to team bad guy that you can not imagine NOT being the target for night kill but of such low value to team good guy that you can not imagine being the target of the protector? The two concepts fail to mesh.
Unagi, while you're off finding "little gems" regarding me why did you ignore the colored piece above? Care to try and explain the two distinctly different approaches? Why are you so dangerous to the bad guys while being so worthless to the good guys? Also, claiming you can not recall every being protected day 1 is a valueless claim as it has no bearing on the perception of your contributions to either team.
Dude, I am NOT the one that said I am "such a threat" to the wolves. That was you.

It's you that wants to play this thing both ways - that I am likely a massive threat to the wolves - and yet - Wow... How is that? I mean, you must understand that I am sitting here and probably not a threat at all to the wolves this whole game - because you made it about me on Day 0.

And, for the record - I'm not mad at anyone (sorry if my tone sounds that way). I'm a little (continuously) frustrated by you saying things like "why do you think you are such a threat to the bad guys, and yet....."

sigh.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:45 pm
What on EARTH are you waiting for me to say?

I am not a wolf.
I was not a wolf on Day 0... buy you started that day saying you bet Unagi was selected by the Alpha - because they fear me so much, but also felt I would very likely be protected.... SO - Only solution: "Pick Unagi as a partner!!"

It's a stupid idea, IMO. It also happens to NOT HAVE HAPPENED... So, you will need to live with that eventually too. But - this is starting to feel like the last game, where you did this same damn thing (*but wrapped it up into my desire to maybe Test Scoop, but then decide to hold off on it).

That's all I have to say about it. Folks can say I'm mischaracterizing things, and that I am wrong about this or that... Fine. What was it you were saying about me being a threat to the wolves? Not really possible when you just undermine me from the beginning.

(for the record, I am NOT pissed at anyone. sorry if my tone sounds otherwise... I'm genuinely not)
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

It is very obvious that unagi is pissed at Remus...
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Uh, I don't think he is. or was.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Punisher wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:48 pm It is very obvious that unagi is pissed at Remus...
I've played with Remus a lot. We butt heads very well. I like him A LOT. I've met him in person and he's charasmatic. He's got a great heart and does amazing things for the people in his life. I like Remus.

He's just being a god damn dult right now.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

oh, you were kidding I think.

:grund: :dance: :D
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:40 pm
Remus West wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:41 am

Dude, I am NOT the one that said I am "such a threat" to the wolves. That was you.
Then why did you vote me right away to start the day due to you not having been killed in the night? That certainly paints the idea of you being a threat as being held by you. Go look at your first post this game day when you voted for me and tell me that doesn't scream "I'm such a threat!"
It's you that wants to play this thing both ways - that I am likely a massive threat to the wolves - and yet - Wow... How is that? I mean, you must understand that I am sitting here and probably not a threat at all to the wolves this whole game - because you made it about me on Day 0.

And, for the record - I'm not mad at anyone (sorry if my tone sounds that way). I'm a little (continuously) frustrated by you saying things like "why do you think you are such a threat to the bad guys, and yet....."

sigh.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:03 pm I could see Remus-wolf keeping me alive.

Remus 

This was your second post of the game day not your first. Sorry about that. The implication here is that any other wolf would have killed you in the night. How does that not also imply you are such a threat?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:50 pm
Punisher wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:48 pm It is very obvious that unagi is pissed at Remus...
I've played with Remus a lot. We butt heads very well. I like him A LOT. I've met him in person and he's charasmatic. He's got a great heart and does amazing things for the people in his life. I like Remus.

He's just being a god damn dult right now.
O.k., I laughed. :lol:

At the last part not the first. Thank you for the first.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

More importantly since you did not mention it I now need to go find the stupid post.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:14 pm  El Guapo 

my thought / musings...

Zarathud (/Newcastle) is one thought I have also... but not sure. I would have expected Newcastle to chime in on Remus' claim on me, but he never did. And I think he posted during it all. If Remus is a senator/villager - then I could see a Newcastle/Wolf wanting Remus and I both to just go at it. I could also see Zarathud, after taking the reins, voting against Remus... just one of a few theories.

El Guapo, cause I think he's participating but just playfully - which is his style, but there is some depth of commentary that I'm not hearing from him. Also, I think he's a strong player and perhaps a good 'partner pick' of an alpha.

Moliere is clearly paying attention as his correction to Punisher showed, and I'm not used to him calling other players out on their mistakes and mischaracterization of the game's proceedings. Honestly sounded like he was involved in this game much more than he is really showing. /shrug.

Punisher... His 'villager not paying attention' moment did certain have that certain feel to it. Red Herring? not sure.

Lassr - keeps his mostly 'for no reason' vote on RMC - but I'm sure he's tempted to vote many other places... but sticks to RMC.... no clue if it's meaningful. Just noting it. He's a slick MF.

RMC - seems pretty 'jolly'. I do think he likes the wolf role and has fun with it.

Remus - spoken of my distrust of his play... which amounted to "why is Unagi still alive?" - planted on Day 0.

Holman - I don't like how willing he is to 'convict me' on Day 1. I don't mind him thinking I may be a wolf, but I'd think he'd wait a little more than basically 1 night... (not that I think I should be lynched tomorrow, but that should be perhaps when the Seer can step up and guide us a little).

Wow. There are Not a lot of us. I wonder if the Seer has anything if maybe even today is a good day to step up?

Thoughts?
This one. When paired with
Unagi wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:37 pm hmm. OK.

For what it's worth, does anyone want to join me here on this El Guapo thing?
your next one. Seemed to me to be implying Seer with a wolf in hand in El Guapo. That is why I wasn't voting for you and why I went ahead and placed my vote on El Guapo. Wasn't going to force your hand but figured I'd explain myself.

You all can breath easy if you decide to lynch me as I'm not a special. I'm not a bad guy either though so you won't make any progress towards winning for team good by killing me.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:12 pm
Unagi wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:03 pm I could see Remus-wolf keeping me alive.

Remus 

This was your second post of the game day not your first. Sorry about that. The implication here is that any other wolf would have killed you in the night. How does that not also imply you are such a threat?
I more meant that to say that I could see a wolf-remus would "Declare I was a major Threat to Wolves" and "Not Kill me at night".

I'm not sure where you want me to land on this "Unagi is so awesome" line.

I don't think anyone is all that fantastic at this game. I'm reasonably OK from time to time. I think some wolves may indeed "fear" me... but not to the degree that anyone ever really acts on it. When I started playing these games, Grundbegriff was heralded as being unbelievable... but he wasn't always killed or converted by wolves - THEY USED IT TO THEIR ADVANTAGE. That's what this game is, and you KNOW that.

And your play seems to be of that nature, IMO.

So, in the end. WHO CARES what I said up there. Which was basically this: "I could see a Wolf Remus keeping a Villager Unagi alive and making this whole big thing about it since the start of the game."

Why did I say that?
It's not because I think I am such a threat to the wolves, it's because the last game we played you did this same thing -- You declared Over and Over that Unagi was on your list... You didn't always put your vote there, but you set up the stage for it. Such a great stage that your two fellow wolves (Grund and Bb2112) couldn't help themselves and felt they could get on it with you.

Maybe I'm just stuck in the past - but this feels like deja vu to me.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:19 pm your next one. Seemed to me to be implying Seer with a wolf in hand in El Guapo. That is why I wasn't voting for you and why I went ahead and placed my vote on El Guapo. Wasn't going to force your hand but figured I'd explain myself.

You all can breath easy if you decide to lynch me as I'm not a special. I'm not a bad guy either though so you won't make any progress towards winning for team good by killing me.
I don't buy this at all.
You don't come out at this stage of the game and start talking to me about Seer-ness.

So, since you have declared that you are a safe lynch - I will do the same thing.

I am NOT the Seer.

And if the Wolves fear me as much as Remus claims - they likely scanned me and know that I am not the Seer too.

See Remus --- You see how dumb it is for you and me to come out and declare we are not the Seer? Why ? Why did we both just do this??
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

BTW, I don't really have a strong read on anyone at all this game.

I've got Lassr and El Guapo as a pair
I've got you and Punisher as a pair
I've got Holman and Lassr
I've got you and Moliere
I've got Zarathud and RMC

so... take THAT wolves!
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Day 2 Votes

1. El Guapo --------> RMC
2. Moliere ----------> Zarathud, Unagi
3. Remus West ---> Unagi, Punisher, El Guapo
4. RMC --------------> Remus West
5. Zaracastle -------> RMC, Remus West, Lassr, Punisher
6. Holman ----------> Unagi
7. Punisher --------->
8. Lassr -------------> RMC
9. Unagi ------------> Remus West, Moliere, El Guapo, Remus West

Votes:
2 RMC ----------------> Lassr, El Guapo
2 Unagi --------------> Holman, Moliere
1 Punisher -----------> Zarathud
1 Remus West -------> Unagi
1 El Guapo -----------> Remus West

5 Votes Needed

Dead:
Isgrimnur
Chaosraven
Newthud
Grundbegriff
Stessier
Lord Mortis
Revhempus
Archinerd
Purge
Semaj
Tru1cy
Lagom Lite
Triggercut
Theohall
Pr0ner
Mr. Bubbles
Coopasonic
Austin
Redrun
Patriots
Scoop20906 - T-Balled
Vorret - Looking Around

Deadline:
Deadline: Friday February 16th, 9PM
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.