Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via Megamek III

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

El Guapo

Re: Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via Megamek III

Post by El Guapo »

Yeah I don't think it's worth shooting at the infantry at all.
Black Lives Matter.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:55 am Yeah I don't think it's worth shooting at the infantry at all.
I was under the impression that each stack was 10, not 30. Two wasted turns, unfortunately.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Yeah, that's my bad for not making it explicit. Platoon = 28 guys, Squad = 7 guys. The packrats and light APCs carry two squads each, the heavy APCs had platoons. Given the mechs you've got, you're better off shooting at infantry with missiles rather than direct-fire weapons.

Collapsing the building on those guys was pretty effective though. But yeah, it's definitely a waste of an Awesome's PPCs to be shooting at a 1/3 strength infantry platoon.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

How many movement points is it to get up from "taking a knee"? As a side note, I am very proud of my Rifleman for taking a stand on police violence against minorities.

Also, how many units away are we from reaching 50% enemy force destroyed?
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Probable plan:

- Wolverine - flee for his life
- Rifleman - move to 2530, fire at mech in 2531, prepare to flee for his life
- Thunderbolt - jump to 3025, fire at vehicle in 3326, eagerly anticipate the moment when we can surrender / flee.
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:58 am How many movement points is it to get up from "taking a knee"? As a side note, I am very proud of my Rifleman for taking a stand on police violence against minorities.

16 / 44 enemy units have been destroyed, disabled or crippled and routed.

edit: You're looking a the Firestarter in 2531, and he's got no left torso or right torso (or any of the corresponding arms). Just one flamer in the center torso. I'd suggest picking a different target.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:18 am
El Guapo wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:58 am How many movement points is it to get up from "taking a knee"? As a side note, I am very proud of my Rifleman for taking a stand on police violence against minorities.

16 / 44 enemy units have been destroyed, disabled or crippled and routed.

edit: You're looking a the Firestarter in 2531, and he's got no left torso or right torso (or any of the corresponding arms). Just one flamer in the center torso. I'd suggest picking a different target.
Ah. I take it that that Firestarter is counting as one of the 16 "destroyed, disabled, crippled, or routed" enemy mechs? If not, I'm still going to attack it, to drive that number up.

Otherwise...what's the vehicle in 1926? I'll probably go to 2529 and fire at that vehicle, unless it's a Saladin or some other vehicle packing an AC/20 or something.
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:29 am Ah. I take it that that Firestarter is counting as one of the 16 "destroyed, disabled, crippled, or routed" enemy mechs? If not, I'm still going to attack it, to drive that number up.

Otherwise...what's the vehicle in 1926? I'll probably go to 2529 and fire at that vehicle, unless it's a Saladin or some other vehicle packing an AC/20 or something.
Correct, the Firestarter is crippled and retreating.

The vehicle is an LTV-4. Packs a turret-mounted PPC and SRM/4 launcher.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:40 am
El Guapo wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:29 am Ah. I take it that that Firestarter is counting as one of the 16 "destroyed, disabled, crippled, or routed" enemy mechs? If not, I'm still going to attack it, to drive that number up.

Correct, the Firestarter is crippled and retreating.

The vehicle is an LTV-4. Packs a turret-mounted PPC and SRM/4 launcher.
Ugh, a PPC.

Again, how many movement points is it to step up from a knee?
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:45 am Ugh, a PPC.

Sorry, forgot about that. 2 MP.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

If the mech on the building is going to leave me an open rear spot, I'll take it. Move to 2722 , face South, and unload on him.

Orion will open up on the bug at 1922.

QE2 will rotate to face SE and open up on the tank at 3923.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:57 am
El Guapo wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:45 am Ugh, a PPC.

Sorry, forgot about that. 2 MP.
Thanks. Can the Blackjack in 2833 hit me in 2629, or does the building to the south block LOS? If it does, then I'll get up, turn right, torso twist to the right (to face my left side towards the LTV-4), and then fire at the LTV-4.

Also, the mech in 1433 is retreating, right?
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:48 pm Thanks. Can the Blackjack in 2833 hit me in 2629, or does the building to the south block LOS? If it does, then I'll get up, turn right, torso twist to the right (to face my left side towards the LTV-4), and then fire at the LTV-4.

The building blocks LOS. Torso-twisting doesn't actually change the direction of the incoming attacks. However, you get a free facing change when getting up from a knee, same as when getting up from being prone, so you can pick your direction.

The mech in 1433 is also retreating. Rear armor is entirely stripped off, right arm is gone and the legs are composed more of sparks and loose wires than they are of actual structure.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:27 pm
El Guapo wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:48 pm Thanks. Can the Blackjack in 2833 hit me in 2629, or does the building to the south block LOS? If it does, then I'll get up, turn right, torso twist to the right (to face my left side towards the LTV-4), and then fire at the LTV-4.

The building blocks LOS. Torso-twisting doesn't actually change the direction of the incoming attacks. However, you get a free facing change when getting up from a knee, same as when getting up from being prone, so you can pick your direction.

The mech in 1433 is also retreating. Rear armor is entirely stripped off, right arm is gone and the legs are composed more of sparks and loose wires than they are of actual structure.
Ok. I'll go with 2629, then, and face north, and then fire at the LTV-4.
Black Lives Matter.
Stefan Stirzaker

Post by Stefan Stirzaker »

2226 quickdraw to stay there and fire and everyone in los
4421 to 4619 facing sw and punch kick and fire lasers at close targets 4320 and 3923.

Whats air support doing this rpund?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Southern Lucifer will be making an attack run at one of the mechs in the very south (Dervish, Whitworth), or a target in the area around Archinerd's Dervish. The western Lucifer is either on air superiority or will attempt to hit a target of opportunity on the ground (however, that means the Eagle is free to strafe one of the OO mechs).
Black Lives Matter
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

gbasden wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:39 am The Awesome will move back to 4021 facing NE and fire at the mech in 4619 with 2 PPCs.
Can't reach that far: heat has reduced movement to 2/3. But, you can turn around at least.
Black Lives Matter
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:34 pm QE2 will rotate to face SE and open up on the tank at 3923.
If you want to pick a target that hasn't already been destroyed, feel free.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

NickAragua wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:34 pm
Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:34 pm QE2 will rotate to face SE and open up on the tank at 3923.
If you want to pick a target that hasn't already been destroyed, feel free.
That icon does not look sufficiently destroyed. :snooty:

Let's jump to 3421 with a SW facing and give the mech at 3322 something to worry about.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:37 pm That icon does not look sufficiently destroyed. :snooty:

Let's jump to 3421 with a SW facing and give the mech at 3322 something to worry about.
Heh, it's true, from the Quickdraw's angle, that APC looks just fine. The gaping hole is on the other side.
Black Lives Matter
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

NickAragua wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:12 pm
gbasden wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:39 am The Awesome will move back to 4021 facing NE and fire at the mech in 4619 with 2 PPCs.
Can't reach that far: heat has reduced movement to 2/3. But, you can turn around at least.
Well, then, let's do that.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Gbasden wonders briefly how in the hell Zenn7 can take the horribly oppressive heat while feeling about as sluggish as his mech is moving. The target Trebuchet takes PPCs to the left arm and torso, knocking the last of the armor off. He manages to avoid falling over as he's strafed by the enemy Eagle fighter.

Archinerd runs around the back of the same Trebuchet, firing at the weak rear armor, breaking through on the left torso and the right leg, then kicking the left leg out, bringing the mech down.

Madmarcus slips while trying to run away from the center of town, laying his mech out on top of the short building to the south. At least he doesn't have to worry about an SRM ammo explosion, as all his SRMs are scattered over the center of town, having rolled loose when the left torso section went missing.

The Thunderbolt opts to walk instead of jump-jetting, as the "slip-on-pavement" rolls are 2+. The mechwarrior manages to miss the Packrat with every shot, but frags a bunch of loose infantry with a spare LRM salvo - the rest of the platoon abandons their run to one of the objective buildings and scatters to the four winds.

Enriquez' Quickdraw hops backwards into the lake, firing at the Spider that had jumped nearby to cool off. Neither mech hits with anything, though.

Freyland takes a moment to stand still and get his bearings, as does the Orion. Freyland's laser and SRM salvo strips the armor off the top of the nearby Galleon tank, and the vehicle peels off to the east as fast as it can.

Isgrimnur walks around the back of the Jenner to fire at the rear quarter. The Jenner flips its arms, firing backwards and neither scores appreciable damage.

El Guapo's Rifleman takes two lasers to the left leg from the Firestarter, damaging a pair of actuators. His return fire nearly strips the armor from the smaller mech's left torso (sorry, the shot at the LTV-4 was like 9+, the Firestarter was a 6+) just before the leg gives out. The impact jostles the remaining AC/10 ammo, blowing the mech sky-high. Luckily, the ejection seat fires in just time, only sending the mechwarrior through a window and a couple of relatively soft plaster walls to land inside a building.

Lucifer One comes in with a solid laser strike on the Whitworth but takes an LRM to the cockpit.

Raw data:
Spoiler:

Wolverine WVR-6M (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (getting up).
Needs 5 [4 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (cramped cockpit) + 0 (getting up)], rolls 5 : succeeds.

Wolverine WVR-6M (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check while moving in hex 2728 (running & turning on pavement).
Needs 4 [4 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (cramped cockpit) - 1 (running & turning on pavement)], rolls 3 : falls.
Wolverine WVR-6M (1st Octopus Overlords) falls 0 level(s) into hex 2728
    Wolverine WVR-6M (1st Octopus Overlords) falls on its rear, suffering 6 damage.
        Wolverine WVR-6M (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RTR.
        5 damage transfers to CTR.
        Wolverine WVR-6M (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to CTR.
            3 Armor remaining.
        Wolverine WVR-6M (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to LL.
            6 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Wolverine WVR-6M (1st Octopus Overlords) "Private 1st Class Shi-Wen Xú" must roll 4 to avoid damage; rolls 12 : succeeds.

Skids into hex 2729.
    Wolverine WVR-6M (1st Octopus Overlords) suffers 3 damage from the skid.
        Wolverine WVR-6M (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to LL.
            3 Armor remaining.

Skid ends.

Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check while moving in hex 2725 (running & turning on pavement).
Needs 2 [3 (Base piloting skill) - 1 (running & turning on pavement)], rolls 6 : succeeds.

Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check while moving in hex 2824 (running & turning on pavement).
Needs 2 [3 (Base piloting skill) - 1 (running & turning on pavement)], rolls 12 : succeeds.

Quickdraw QKD-4GF (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (entering Depth 1 Water).
Needs 2 [3 (Base piloting skill) - 1 (entering Depth 1 Water)], rolls 8 : succeeds.

Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (getting up).
Needs 5 [3 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (Left Leg Foot Actuator destroyed) + 3 (Gyro damaged) - 2 (careful stand) + 0 (getting up)], rolls 7 : succeeds.

Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check while moving in hex 3619 (running & turning on pavement).
Needs 4 [3 (Base piloting skill) + 2 (Left Leg Hip Actuator destroyed) - 1 (running & turning on pavement)], rolls 7 : succeeds.

Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (running with damaged hip actuator or gyro).
Needs 5 [3 (Base piloting skill) + 2 (Left Leg Hip Actuator destroyed) + 0 (running with damaged hip actuator or gyro)], rolls 11 : succeeds.

Lucifer LCF-R20 (1st Octopus Overlords) loses 1 altitude(s) from weapon attack.

Eagle EGL-R6 (Pirate) loses 1 altitude(s) from weapon attack.

Weapon Attack Phase
-------------------

Weapons fire for Trebuchet TBT-5S (Pirate)
    Medium Laser at Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

SRM 6 at Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 2 : misses

SRM 6 at Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Medium Laser at Dervish DV-6M (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 8 : hits LT
        Dervish DV-6M (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LT.
            5 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Dervish DV-6M (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits RL
        Dervish DV-6M (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RL.
            10 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Dervish DV-6M (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Medium Laser at Trebuchet TBT-5S (Pirate); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits (using Rear table) LTR
        Trebuchet TBT-5S (Pirate) takes 5 damage to LTR.
             7 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is 7; no effect.

Medium Laser at Trebuchet TBT-5S (Pirate); needs 6, rolls 4 : misses

SRM 2 at Trebuchet TBT-5S (Pirate); needs 6, rolls 7 : 2 missile(s) hit (using Rear table).

Trebuchet TBT-5S (Pirate) takes 2 damage to RL.
            1 Armor remaining.

Trebuchet TBT-5S (Pirate) takes 2 damage to RL.
            Armor destroyed.
             11 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RL. Roll is 7; no effect.

Weapons fire for Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Pirate)
    Medium Laser at Orion ON1-K (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Harasser Missile Platform (Standard) (Pirate)
    SRM 6 at Dervish DV-6M (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 4 : misses

SRM 6 at Dervish DV-6M (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Spider SDR-5V (Pirate)
    Medium Laser at Quickdraw QKD-4GF (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Medium Laser at Packrat LRPV PKR-T5 (ICE) (Pirate); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

Medium Laser at Packrat LRPV PKR-T5 (ICE) (Pirate); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

Medium Laser at Packrat LRPV PKR-T5 (ICE) (Pirate); needs 7, rolls 3 : misses

LRM 10 at Foot Platoon (Anti-'Mech) (Laser) (Pirate); needs 5, rolls 6 : 10 missile(s) hits (using Right Side table) MEN
        Missile weapon against infantry, damage changed from 10 to 2
        Infantry platoon caught in the open!!! Damage doubled.
        Foot Platoon (Anti-'Mech) (Laser) (Pirate) takes 4 damage to MEN.
            4 men alive

Weapons fire for Quickdraw QKD-4GF (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Medium Laser at Spider SDR-5V (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 2 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 8 : no fire..

Medium Laser at Spider SDR-5V (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Medium Laser at Spider SDR-5V (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 4 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 3 : possible fire.
        Needs 9 [7 (Medium Laser) + 2 (accidental)] to ignite, rolls 5

SRM 4 at Spider SDR-5V (Pirate); needs 10, rolls 8 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 9 : no fire..

Weapons fire for Pegasus Scout Hover Tank (Standard) #4 (Pirate)
    SRM 6 at Orion ON1-K (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 9 : 4 missile(s) hit.

Orion ON1-K (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RA.
            20 Armor remaining.

Orion ON1-K (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LA.
            9 Armor remaining.

Orion ON1-K (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RT.
            16 Armor remaining.

Orion ON1-K (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to CT.
            12 Armor remaining.

SRM 6 at Orion ON1-K (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 11 : 5 missile(s) hit.

10 Armor remaining.

14 Armor remaining.

8 Armor remaining.

12 Armor remaining.

Orion ON1-K (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LL.
            28 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Quickdraw QKD-4GF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Skulker Wheeled Scout Tank (Standard) (Pirate)
    Medium Laser at Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 9 : misses

Weapons fire for Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords)
    PPC at Trebuchet TBT-5S (Pirate); needs 6, rolls 9 : hits LA
        Trebuchet TBT-5S (Pirate) takes 10 damage to LA.
            Armor destroyed.
             6 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LA. Roll is 6; no effect.

PPC at Trebuchet TBT-5S (Pirate); needs 6, rolls 9 : hits LT
        Trebuchet TBT-5S (Pirate) takes 10 damage to LT.
            Armor destroyed.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is 4; no effect.

Weapons fire for Wasp WSP-1A (Pirate)
    Medium Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 12 : hits (using Right Side table) RT
        Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RT.
            19 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords)
    PPC at Trebuchet TBT-5S (Pirate); needs 6, rolls 5 : misses

LRM 5 at Trebuchet TBT-5S (Pirate); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Jenner JR7-D (Pirate)
    Medium Laser at Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

Medium Laser at Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 9 : hits RA
        Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RA.
        5 damage transfers to RT.
        Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RT.
            4 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 2 : misses

Weapons fire for J. Edgar Light Hover Tank (ICE) (Pirate)
    Medium Laser at Quickdraw QKD-4GF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 7 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 9 : no fire..

SRM 2 at Quickdraw QKD-4GF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 5 : misses

SRM 2 at Quickdraw QKD-4GF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 9 : misses

Weapons fire for Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Medium Laser at Jenner JR7-D (Pirate); needs 7, rolls 4 : misses

Small Laser at Jenner JR7-D (Pirate); needs 7, rolls 7 : hits (using Rear table) LL
        Jenner JR7-D (Pirate) takes 3 damage to LL.
            3 Armor remaining.

LRM 5 at LTV-4 Hover Tank (Standard) (Pirate); needs 12, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for LTV-4 Hover Tank (Standard) (Pirate)
    PPC at Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 4 : misses

SRM 4 at Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Quickdraw QKD-4GF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Medium Laser at Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Pirate); needs 4, rolls 6 : hits (using Right Side table) TU
        Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Pirate) takes 5 damage to TU.
            9 Armor remaining.

SRM 4 at Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Pirate); needs 6, rolls 6 : 2 missile(s) hit (using Right Side table).

Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Pirate) takes 2 damage to TU.
            7 Armor remaining.

Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Pirate) takes 2 damage to TU.
            5 Armor remaining.

LRM 10 at J. Edgar Light Hover Tank (ICE) (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 3 : misses

Medium Laser at Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Pirate); needs 4, rolls 8 : hits (using Right Side table) TU
        Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Pirate) takes 5 damage to TU.
            0 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Striker Light Tank (Standard) (Pirate)
    LRM 10 at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 5 : misses

SRM 6 at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Orion ON1-K (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Medium Laser at Pegasus Scout Hover Tank (Standard) #4 (Pirate); needs 9, rolls 3 : misses

Medium Laser at Pegasus Scout Hover Tank (Standard) #4 (Pirate); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

SRM 4 at Pegasus Scout Hover Tank (Standard) #4 (Pirate); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Blackjack BJ-1 (Pirate)
    AC/2 at Lucifer LCF-R20 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 5 : misses

AC/2 at Lucifer LCF-R20 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 10 : misses

Weapons fire for Whitworth WTH-1 (Pirate)
    LRM 10 at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

LRM 10 at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 9 : 3 missile(s) hit.

Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to RA.
            19 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Wolverine WVR-6R (Pirate)
    AC/5 at Lucifer LCF-R20 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 10 : hits NOS
        Lucifer LCF-R20 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to NOS.
            120 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Lucifer LCF-R20 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 8 : misses

Weapons fire for Vulcan VL-2T (Pirate)
    Medium Laser at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

AC/2 at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for Firestarter FS9-H #4 (Pirate)
    Medium Laser at Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 7 : hits LL
        Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LL.
             8 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LL. Roll is 3; no effect.

Medium Laser at Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 9 : hits LL
        Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LL.
             3 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LL. Roll is 10; 2 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on Upper Leg.
            CRITICAL HIT on Lower Leg.

Machine Gun at Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 7 : misses

Machine Gun at Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords)
    AC/10 at Firestarter FS9-H #4 (Pirate); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits (using Right Side table) LT
        Firestarter FS9-H #4 (Pirate) takes 10 damage to LT.
            1 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Firestarter FS9-H #4 (Pirate); needs 7, rolls 5 : misses

Medium Laser at Firestarter FS9-H #4 (Pirate); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Dervish DV-6M (Pirate)
    LRM 10 at Lucifer LCF-R20 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 12 : hits.

Lucifer LCF-R20 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to NOS.
            115 Armor remaining.
            Possible critical hit (12 to hit); needs 8, rolls 8 : Pilot injured!
        Pilot of Lucifer LCF-R20 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Ensign Lukas Bruns" takes 1 damage (1 total hits).
        Pilot of Lucifer LCF-R20 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Ensign Lukas Bruns" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 6 : successful!

Lucifer LCF-R20 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to NOS.
            114 Armor remaining.
            Lucky crits (12 to hit) only apply to the first location.

LRM 10 at Lucifer LCF-R20 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for Lucifer LCF-R20 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Large Laser at Whitworth WTH-1 (Pirate); needs 6, rolls 10 : hits (using Right Side table) RT
        Whitworth WTH-1 (Pirate) takes 8 damage to RT.
            2 Armor remaining.

Large Laser at Whitworth WTH-1 (Pirate); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits (using Right Side table) CT
        Whitworth WTH-1 (Pirate) takes 8 damage to CT.
            6 Armor remaining.

Small Laser at Whitworth WTH-1 (Pirate); needs 6, rolls 12 : hits (using Right Side table) LT
        Whitworth WTH-1 (Pirate) takes 3 damage to LT.
            7 Armor remaining.

Small Laser at Whitworth WTH-1 (Pirate); needs 6, rolls 6 : hits (using Right Side table) CT
        Whitworth WTH-1 (Pirate) takes 3 damage to CT.
            3 Armor remaining.

Small Laser at Whitworth WTH-1 (Pirate); needs 6, rolls 11 : hits (using Right Side table) RA
        Whitworth WTH-1 (Pirate) takes 3 damage to RA.
            5 Armor remaining.

Small Laser at Whitworth WTH-1 (Pirate); needs 6, rolls 8 : hits (using Right Side table) RA
        Whitworth WTH-1 (Pirate) takes 3 damage to RA.
            2 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Eagle EGL-R6 (Pirate)
    Large Laser at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 9 : hits (using Right Side table) RA
        Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 8 damage to RA.
            11 Armor remaining.

Large Laser at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 10 : hits (using Right Side table) RL
        Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 8 damage to RL.
            25 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits (using Right Side table) RL
        Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RL.
            20 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 5 : misses

Medium Laser at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 10 : hits (using Right Side table) CT
        Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to CT.
            25 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Lucifer LCF-R20 #2 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Large Laser at Eagle EGL-R6 (Pirate); needs 1, rolls 2 : hits (using Right Side table) NOS
        Eagle EGL-R6 (Pirate) takes 8 damage to NOS.
            66 Armor remaining.

Large Laser at Eagle EGL-R6 (Pirate); needs 1, rolls 11 : hits (using Right Side table) RWG
        Eagle EGL-R6 (Pirate) takes 8 damage to RWG.
            25 Armor remaining.
            Possible critical hit (Damage threshold exceeded); needs 8, rolls 3 : no effect.

Small Laser at Eagle EGL-R6 (Pirate); needs 1, rolls 4 : hits (using Right Side table) RWG
        Eagle EGL-R6 (Pirate) takes 3 damage to RWG.
            22 Armor remaining.

Small Laser at Eagle EGL-R6 (Pirate); needs 1, rolls 5 : hits (using Right Side table) RWG
        Eagle EGL-R6 (Pirate) takes 3 damage to RWG.
            19 Armor remaining.

Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 2 piloting skill roll(s) (leg/foot actuator hit; leg/foot actuator hit).
The base target is 7 [3 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (Left Leg Foot Actuator destroyed) + 3 (Gyro damaged)].
    Roll #1, (3 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (Left Leg Foot Actuator destroyed) + 3 (Gyro damaged) + 1 (leg/foot actuator hit) + 1 (leg/foot actuator hit)); needs 9, rolls 7 : falls.
    Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords) falls on its front, suffering 6 damage.
        Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RA.
        Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RT.
             9 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is 8; 1 location.

Critical hit at explosive equipment. Edge used for reroll. 0 edge remaining.
            CRITICAL HIT on AC/10 Ammo (1).
            *** AC/10 Ammo EXPLODES! 10 DAMAGE! ***
                >Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords) suffers catastrophic damage, but the autoeject system was engaged.

Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (landing in a building).
            Needs 12 [3 (ejecting) + 5 (Mech is prone) + 1 (automatic ejection) + 3 (landing in a building)], rolls 3 : fails.

Pilot of Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords) "Private 1st Class Patrick Allain" takes 4 damage (4 total hits).
                Pilot of Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords) "Private 1st Class Patrick Allain" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 6 : successful!
                Pilot of Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords) "Private 1st Class Patrick Allain" needs a 5 to stay conscious. Rolls 6 : successful!
                Pilot of Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords) "Private 1st Class Patrick Allain" needs a 7 to stay conscious. Rolls 5 : blacks out.
                    The pilot ejects safely!
        *** Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords) DESTROYED by ejection! ***
                Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to RT.
                     SECTION DESTROYED.
                1 damage transfers to CT.
                    Critical hit on RT.         Roll is 11;         2 locations.
                    CRITICAL HIT on +Medium Laser.
                    CRITICAL HIT on AC/10 Ammo (10).
                    *** AC/10 Ammo EXPLODES! 100 DAMAGE! ***
                        Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 100 damage to RT.
                        100 damage transfers to CT.
                        Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 100 damage to CT.
                             SECTION DESTROYED.
                            Critical hit on CT.                 Roll is 9;                 1 location.
                            CRITICAL HIT on Engine.

Pilot of Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords) "Private 1st Class Patrick Allain" has ejected, so no damage is dealt!

Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to CT.

Pilot of Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords) "Private 1st Class Patrick Allain" has ejected, so no damage is dealt!

Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to RT.
        1 damage transfers to CT.
        Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to CT.

Pilot of Rifleman RFL-3C (1st Octopus Overlords) "Private 1st Class Patrick Allain" must roll 9 to avoid damage; rolls 7 : fails.

Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
The base target is 4 [4 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (4 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 5, rolls 8 : succeeds.

Trebuchet TBT-5S (Pirate) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
The base target is 7 [6 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (Left Leg Lower Leg Actuator destroyed)].
    Roll #1, (6 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (Left Leg Lower Leg Actuator destroyed) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 8, rolls 10 : succeeds.

Whitworth WTH-1 (Pirate) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
The base target is 6 [6 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (6 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 7, rolls 10 : succeeds.

Physical Attack Phase
-------------------

Physical attacks for Spider SDR-5V (Pirate)
    Kick (Left leg) at Quickdraw QKD-4GF (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses.

Physical attacks for Dervish DV-6M (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Trebuchet TBT-5S (Pirate); needs 4, rolls 10 : hits (using Rear Kick table) LL
        Trebuchet TBT-5S (Pirate) takes 11 damage to LL.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
        9 damage transfers to LTR.
            Critical hit on LL. Roll is 11; 2 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on Foot.
            CRITICAL HIT on Upper Leg.
        Trebuchet TBT-5S (Pirate) takes 9 damage to LTR.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
LIMB BLOWN OFF Left Arm blown off.
        3 damage transfers to CTR.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is 5; no effect.
        Trebuchet TBT-5S (Pirate) takes 3 damage to CTR.
            4 Armor remaining.

Physical attacks for Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Punch (Right Arm) at Hex 2926 of Building #1935662003 (Collapse), the punch is an automatic hit (Targeting adjacent building.), hits.
        Heavy Standard Building #1935662003 absorbs 7 points of damage.
            80 CF remaining.

Physical attacks for Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Hex 2723 of Building #1593506851 (Collapse), the kick is an automatic hit (Targeting adjacent building.), hits.
        Heavy Standard Building #1593506851 absorbs 9 points of damage.
            44 CF remaining.

Trebuchet TBT-5S (Pirate) must make 4 piloting skill roll(s) (leg/foot actuator hit; leg/foot actuator hit; leg destroyed; was kicked).
The base target is 7 [6 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (Left Leg Lower Leg Actuator destroyed)].
    Roll #1, (leg destroyed); automatically fails.
    Trebuchet TBT-5S (Pirate) falls on its rear, suffering 5 damage.
        Trebuchet TBT-5S (Pirate) takes 5 damage to RTR.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is 5; no effect.

Pilot of Trebuchet TBT-5S (Pirate) "Ahlaam Corekci" must roll 14 to avoid damage; rolls 5 : fails.
        Pilot of Trebuchet TBT-5S (Pirate) "Ahlaam Corekci" takes 1 damage (1 total hits).
        Pilot of Trebuchet TBT-5S (Pirate) "Ahlaam Corekci" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 8 : successful!

Spider SDR-5V (Pirate) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (missed a kick).
The base target is 6 [6 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (6 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (missed a kick)); needs 6, rolls 10 : succeeds.

Heat Phase
-------------------
Dervish DV-6M (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 10 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Wolverine WVR-6M (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 3 heat, sinks 5 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 15 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Quickdraw QKD-4GF (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 15 heat, sinks 14 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 21 heat, sinks 26 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 14 heat, sinks 14 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 7 heat, sinks 9 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Quickdraw QKD-4GF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 13 heat, sinks 14 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Orion ON1-K (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 9 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Trebuchet TBT-5S (Pirate) gains 18 heat, sinks 14 heat and is now at 7 heat.
Spider SDR-5V (Pirate) gains 7 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Wasp WSP-1A (Pirate) gains 8 heat, sinks 9 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Firestarter FS9-H (Pirate) gains 5 heat, sinks 7 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Jenner JR7-D (Pirate) gains 14 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 6 heat.
Firestarter FS9-H #2 (Pirate) gains 0 heat, sinks 3 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Wasp WSP-1A #2 (Pirate) gains 3 heat, sinks 3 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Hornet HNT-151 (Pirate) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Firestarter FS9-H #3 (Pirate) gains 1 heat, sinks 1 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Blackjack BJ-1 (Pirate) gains 4 heat, sinks 4 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Whitworth WTH-1 (Pirate) gains 12 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Wolverine WVR-6R (Pirate) gains 9 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Javelin JVN-10N (Pirate) gains 3 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Vulcan VL-2T (Pirate) gains 5 heat, sinks 5 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Firestarter FS9-H #4 (Pirate) gains 11 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Javelin JVN-10N #2 (Pirate) gains 5 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Javelin JVN-10N #3 (Pirate) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Dervish DV-6M (Pirate) gains 8 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Dervish DV-6M #2 (Pirate) gains 1 heat, sinks 4 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Eagle EGL-R6 (Pirate) gains 25 heat, sinks 25 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Lucifer LCF-R20 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 20 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Lucifer LCF-R20 #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 18 heat, sinks 18 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Control Rolls
-------------------

Eagle EGL-R6 (Pirate) must make 1 control roll(s) (damage threshold exceeded).
The base target is 5 [4 (Base piloting skill) + 2 (Atmospheric operations) - 1 (fighter/small craft) + 0 (damage threshold exceeded)].
    Roll #1, (damage threshold exceeded); needs 5, rolls 7 : succeeds.

End Phase
-------------------

Pilot of Firestarter FS9-H #2 (Pirate) "Emil Scripca" needs a 3 to wake up. Rolls 8 : successful!
Enlarge Image

The Trebuchet's owner simply powers down and starts climbing out. A wise move, considering the entire left half of the mech is missing and the ejection seat is pointed straight at the ground.

The Packrat that escaped from the Thunderbolt comes up to the last set of buildings and unloads an infantry squad.

The center of town is still locked down by light mechs and hovecraft, while the remaining enemy heavies (Dervishes, Whitworth) move to support the east flank.

[notes]
2 enemy units crippled this turn, bringing the total to 18/21.
OO company is currently down to 8/12 mechs.

The building in 2825 is 31/62 captured.
The building in 2924 is 22/59 captured.

I missed it in the picture, but the laser infantry platoon hiding out 3624 is routed as well.
[/notes]
Black Lives Matter
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

This is ugly, win or lose.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Zarathud wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:54 pm This is ugly, win or lose.
That's for sure. I'm just praying we hit the rout conditions quickly.

The Awesome will fire at the Packrat in 3728. The Shadow Hawik will move to 4117, shoot the Striker in 4817and kick the Harasser in 4116.
Stefan Stirzaker

Dervish to 4817 facing sw. Kick at striker. Short range at striker and vulcan. Lrms at harasser
Quickdraw to 2225 facing north fire at edgar and firestarter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Back Orion to 1918 and fire on the Firestarter.

QEII will volte-face and fire on the Firestarter or Wolverine, whichever has the best solution.

I will jump to 3120 with a N facing and engage the Skulker. I don't like my current party companions.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Well, my orders are getting simpler, anyway.

Wolverine will continue trying to flee like a little bitch. Kind of a shame that he can't even do that right, apparently.
Thunderbolt will stay in place. Fire the LRM10 at the infantry in 3728. Fire the the rest of the weaponry at the Packrat in the same space or at the Javeline in 3626, whichever is better.
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:55 am Thunderbolt will stay in place. Fire the LRM10 at the infantry in 3728. Fire the the rest of the weaponry at the Packrat in the same space or at the Javeline in 3626, whichever is better.
No LOS to 3728 due to the building in 3528, but moving to a hex with LOS can be done under walk MP.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:08 pm
El Guapo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:55 am Thunderbolt will stay in place. Fire the LRM10 at the infantry in 3728. Fire the the rest of the weaponry at the Packrat in the same space or at the Javeline in 3626, whichever is better.
No LOS to 3728 due to the building in 3528, but moving to a hex with LOS can be done under walk MP.
Problem is walking to another hex would bring me within minimum range of the LRM10.

How tall are the buildings in 3124 and 3023, and what is the 3124's weight capacity? Could I jump to 3124 (and fire at the infantry and other targets), while neither collapsing nor getting shot in the back a bunch?
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:16 pm
Problem is walking to another hex would bring me within minimum range of the LRM10.

How tall are the buildings in 3124 and 3023, and what is the 3124's weight capacity? Could I jump to 3124 (and fire at the infantry and other targets), while neither collapsing nor getting shot in the back a bunch?
3124 is CF 52, Thunderbolt is 65 tons, so that'll crumble as soon as you step on it. It's also height 6, so you can't actually get up there.

Keep in mind that minimum range penalty is calculated as [minimum range number - actual range + 1]. So, if you're at range 6 with LRMs, that's a +1, range 5, that's a +2, etc. It's not the best, but it's no worse than being at medium range.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:27 pm
El Guapo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:16 pm

3124 is CF 52, Thunderbolt is 65 tons, so that'll crumble as soon as you step on it. It's also height 6, so you can't actually get up there.

Keep in mind that minimum range penalty is calculated as [minimum range number - actual range + 1]. So, if you're at range 6 with LRMs, that's a +1, range 5, that's a +2, etc. It's not the best, but it's no worse than being at medium range.
ok. I'll walk to 3225 then.
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Archinerd backs up to the Striker. It's been pretty annoying, but hasn't inflicted much damage. He opens up with LRMs at the Vulcan, blasting the last of the armor off its center torso and scoring a head shot. The Striker underfoot loses all the wheels off its right side as a 55-ton mech's foot comes down on it full force.

Paingod takes a large number of SRMs from the Harasser, sandpapering armor and sending shrapnel through the cockpit, but stays alive and upright.

Isgrimnur leaves the light mech party behind to greet the two straggler vehicles that had to go all the way around when their incompetent buddies collapsed the bridges they were going to cross. Stray fire from a Wasp that turns around causes him to miss his shots though.

The Thunderbolt plows lasers and LRMs into the unloading Packrat. The LRMs catch more than half the first squad in their blasts, while lasers immobilize the Packrat. The large laser goes right through the passenger compartment, killing the second squad while it's still in there. Gbasden then evaporates all evidence of the action by disintegrating the Packrat with three PPCs. His mech is knocked down by combined fire from the Wolverine and Striker.

Lucifer 2 comes by on a strafing run, killing the remaining infantry then slicing the right arm off a Javelin with a solid large laser shot.

The Orion takes a hit from the LTV-4's PPC, losing a lower arm actuator and missing all its shots as a result.

Freyland's Quickdraw disables the slowed-down J. Edgar hovertank with medium lasers, then spares a salvo of LRMs for the Firestarter to the north, blasting armor off the left arm and right leg.

Raw Data:
Spoiler:

Wolverine WVR-6M (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (getting up).
Needs 5 [4 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (cramped cockpit) + 0 (getting up)], rolls 4 : falls.
Wolverine WVR-6M (1st Octopus Overlords) goes back to the hull down position instead of falling to the ground.

Needs 5 [4 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (cramped cockpit) + 0 (getting up)], rolls 10 : succeeds.

Weapon Attack Phase
-------------------

LRM 10 at Vulcan VL-2T (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 12 : 6 missile(s) hit (using Right Side table).

Vulcan VL-2T (Pirate) takes 5 damage to CT.
            0 Armor remaining.

Vulcan VL-2T (Pirate) takes 1 damage to HD.
            7 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Vulcan VL-2T (Pirate) "Olivia Phillips" takes 1 damage (1 total hits).
        Pilot of Vulcan VL-2T (Pirate) "Olivia Phillips" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 10 : successful!

LRM 10 at Vulcan VL-2T (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Armored Personnel Carrier (Tracked SRM) (Pirate)
    SRM 2 at Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 3 : misses

SRM 6 at Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 6 : 6 missile(s) hit.

Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RA.
            8 Armor remaining.

Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to HD.
            7 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords) "Corporal Mab Orme" takes 1 damage (1 total hits).
        Pilot of Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords) "Corporal Mab Orme" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 8 : successful!

Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LT.
            10 Armor remaining.

8 Armor remaining.

Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RT.
            4 Armor remaining.

Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RA.
            6 Armor remaining.

SRM 6 at Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 8 : 4 missile(s) hit.

Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to CT.
            5 Armor remaining.

Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to CT.
            3 Armor remaining.

6 Armor remaining.

4 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 7 : misses

LRM 10 at Foot Squad (Laser) #3 (Pirate); needs 7, rolls 9 : 10 missile(s) hits (using Rear table) MEN
        Missile weapon against infantry, damage changed from 10 to 2
        Foot Squad (Laser) #3 (Pirate) takes 4 damage to MEN.
            3 men alive

Medium Laser at Packrat LRPV PKR-T5 (ICE) (Pirate); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits (using Rear table) RS
        Packrat LRPV PKR-T5 (ICE) (Pirate) takes 5 damage to RS.
            7 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 13; (w/ +3 bonus)
             Major damage, vehicle immobile.

Medium Laser at Packrat LRPV PKR-T5 (ICE) (Pirate); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits (using Rear table) RR
        Packrat LRPV PKR-T5 (ICE) (Pirate) takes 5 damage to RR.
            7 Armor remaining.

Large Laser at Packrat LRPV PKR-T5 (ICE) (Pirate); needs 5, rolls 10 : hits (using Rear table) RR
        Packrat LRPV PKR-T5 (ICE) (Pirate) takes 8 damage to RR.
            Armor destroyed.
             1 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RR. Roll is 6; Cargo/Infantry Hit!
        Foot Squad (Laser) #4 (Pirate) takes 8 damage to MEN.
             SQUAD KILLED,
*** Foot Squad (Laser) #4 (Pirate) DESTROYED by damage! ***

Medium Laser at Wolverine WVR-6R (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

Medium Laser at Wolverine WVR-6R (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 8 : hits RL
        Wolverine WVR-6R (Pirate) takes 5 damage to RL.
            9 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Wolverine WVR-6R (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

SRM 4 at Wolverine WVR-6R (Pirate); needs 10, rolls 8 : misses

SRM 6 at Quickdraw QKD-4GF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 11 : no fire..

SRM 6 at Quickdraw QKD-4GF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 4 : misses

Medium Laser at Quickdraw QKD-4GF (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

PPC at Packrat LRPV PKR-T5 (ICE) (Pirate); needs 3, rolls 3 : hits (using Left Side table) RR
        Packrat LRPV PKR-T5 (ICE) (Pirate) takes 10 damage to RR.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
*** Packrat LRPV PKR-T5 (ICE) (Pirate) DESTROYED by damage! ***
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 10; (w/ +4 bonus)
             Heavy damage, +3 to driving skill rolls, 1/2 MP.
            Critical hit on RR. Roll is 4; no effect.

PPC at Packrat LRPV PKR-T5 (ICE) (Pirate); needs 3, rolls 4 : hits (using Left Side table) LS (critical)
        Packrat LRPV PKR-T5 (ICE) (Pirate) takes 10 damage to LS (critical).
            Armor destroyed.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
            Critical hit on LS. Roll is 5; no effect.
            Critical hit on LS. Roll is 4; no effect.

PPC at Packrat LRPV PKR-T5 (ICE) (Pirate); needs 3, rolls 5 : hits (using Left Side table) LS
        Packrat LRPV PKR-T5 (ICE) (Pirate) takes 10 damage to LS.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 10; (w/ +4 bonus)

Weapons fire for Wasp WSP-1A (Pirate)
    Medium Laser at Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Firestarter FS9-H (Pirate)
    Medium Laser at Orion ON1-K (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 8 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 4 : no fire..

Medium Laser at Orion ON1-K (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 8 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 11 : no fire..

Medium Laser at Quickdraw QKD-4GF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 7 : no fire..

PPC at Striker Light Tank (Standard) (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 4 : misses

LRM 5 at Striker Light Tank (Standard) (Pirate); needs 6, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for J. Edgar Light Hover Tank (ICE) (Pirate)
    Medium Laser at Quickdraw QKD-4GF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 4 : misses

SRM 2 at Quickdraw QKD-4GF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 7 : 1 missile(s) hit.

Quickdraw QKD-4GF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RT.
            5 Armor remaining.

SRM 2 at Quickdraw QKD-4GF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

Medium Laser at Skulker Wheeled Scout Tank (Standard) (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 4 : misses

Small Laser at Skulker Wheeled Scout Tank (Standard) (Pirate); needs 12, rolls 9 : misses

LRM 5 at Armored Personnel Carrier (Tracked SRM) (Pirate); needs 11, rolls 7 : misses

PPC at Orion ON1-K (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 9 : hits LA
        Orion ON1-K (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to LA.
            Armor destroyed.
             11 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LA. Roll is 8; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on Lower Arm.

SRM 4 at Orion ON1-K (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 11 : 2 missile(s) hit.

Orion ON1-K (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RA.
            18 Armor remaining.

10 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Hornet HNT-151 (Pirate)
    LRM 5 at Lucifer LCF-R20 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Striker Light Tank (Standard) (Pirate)
    LRM 10 at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 8 : 8 missile(s) hit.

Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LL.
            28 Armor remaining.

Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to HD.
            6 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) "Captain Rayhan Ashimov" takes 1 damage (1 total hits).
        Pilot of Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) "Captain Rayhan Ashimov" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 3 : successful!

SRM 6 at Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 3 : misses

Medium Laser at J. Edgar Light Hover Tank (ICE) (Pirate); needs 4, rolls 9 : hits (using Right Side table) FR
        J. Edgar Light Hover Tank (ICE) (Pirate) takes 5 damage to FR.
            13 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 16; (w/ +5 bonus)

Medium Laser at J. Edgar Light Hover Tank (ICE) (Pirate); needs 4, rolls 9 : hits (using Right Side table) RS
        J. Edgar Light Hover Tank (ICE) (Pirate) takes 5 damage to RS.
            11 Armor remaining.

SRM 4 at J. Edgar Light Hover Tank (ICE) (Pirate); needs 6, rolls 4 : misses

LRM 10 at Firestarter FS9-H (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 9 : 6 missile(s) hit (using Right Side table).

Firestarter FS9-H (Pirate) takes 5 damage to RL.
            3 Armor remaining.

Firestarter FS9-H (Pirate) takes 1 damage to LA.
            0 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Firestarter FS9-H (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 4 : misses

Medium Laser at Firestarter FS9-H (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

SRM 4 at Firestarter FS9-H (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

LRM 10 at Dervish DV-6M (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 4 : misses

LRM 10 at Dervish DV-6M (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

AC/5 at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 8 : hits RL
        Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RL.
            15 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 8 : hits LT
        Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LT.
            19 Armor remaining.

SRM 6 at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 3 : misses

Medium Laser at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 3 : misses

AC/2 at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 9 : hits LT
        Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LT.
            17 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Quickdraw QKD-4GF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 10 : hits RL
        Quickdraw QKD-4GF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RL.
            6 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Quickdraw QKD-4GF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Javelin JVN-10N #2 (Pirate)
    SRM 6 at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 7 : 4 missile(s) hit.

Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LA.
            14 Armor remaining.

Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RL.
            18 Armor remaining.

Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RT.
            17 Armor remaining.

Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RA.
            14 Armor remaining.

SRM 6 at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

Large Laser at Wasp WSP-1A (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

Large Laser at Wasp WSP-1A (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 4 : misses

Small Laser at Wasp WSP-1A (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Small Laser at Wasp WSP-1A (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Small Laser at Wasp WSP-1A (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Small Laser at Wasp WSP-1A (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 10 : hits (using Left Side table) LA
        Wasp WSP-1A (Pirate) takes 3 damage to LA.
            1 Armor remaining.

Strafing run for Lucifer LCF-R20 #2 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Large Laser at Hex: 3728 (Clear)needs 2, rolls 11 : hits!
        Terrain takes 8 damage.

Large Laser at Foot Squad (Laser) #3 (Pirate); needs 7, rolls 10 : hits MEN
        Direct fire weapon against infantry, damage changed from 8 to 1
        Foot Squad (Laser) #3 (Pirate) takes 2 damage to MEN.
            1 men alive

Large Laser at Packrat LRPV PKR-T5 (ICE) (Pirate); needs 7, rolls 9 : hits (using Right Side table) RS
        Packrat LRPV PKR-T5 (ICE) (Pirate) takes 8 damage to RS.
            Armor destroyed.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 13; (w/ +4 bonus)
            Critical hit on RS. Roll is 9; Engine destroyed. Immobile.

Large Laser at Hex: 3727 (Clear)needs 2, rolls 8 : hits!
        Terrain takes 8 damage.

Large Laser at Hex: 3626 (Clear)needs 2, rolls 4 : hits!
        Terrain takes 8 damage.

Large Laser at Javelin JVN-10N (Pirate); needs 9, rolls 10 : hits RA
        Javelin JVN-10N (Pirate) takes 8 damage to RA.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
            Critical hit on RA. Roll is 4; no effect.
        Javelin JVN-10N (Pirate) takes 5 damage to RT.
            3 Armor remaining.

Large Laser at Hex: 3728 (Clear)needs 2, rolls 9 : hits!
        Terrain takes 8 damage.

Large Laser at Foot Squad (Laser) #3 (Pirate); needs 7, rolls 3 : misses

Large Laser at Packrat LRPV PKR-T5 (ICE) (Pirate); needs 7, rolls 5 : misses

Large Laser at Hex: 3727 (Clear)needs 2, rolls 7 : hits!
        Terrain takes 8 damage.

Large Laser at Hex: 3626 (Clear)needs 2, rolls 5 : hits!
        Terrain takes 8 damage.

Large Laser at Javelin JVN-10N (Pirate); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

Small Laser at Hex: 3728 (Clear)needs 2, rolls 10 : hits!
        Terrain takes 3 damage.

Small Laser at Foot Squad (Laser) #3 (Pirate); needs 7, rolls 3 : misses

Small Laser at Packrat LRPV PKR-T5 (ICE) (Pirate); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

Small Laser at Hex: 3727 (Clear)needs 2, rolls 5 : hits!
        Terrain takes 3 damage.

Small Laser at Hex: 3626 (Clear)needs 2, rolls 11 : hits!
        Terrain takes 3 damage.

Small Laser at Javelin JVN-10N (Pirate); needs 9, rolls 10 : hits RA
        Javelin JVN-10N (Pirate) takes 3 damage to RA.
        3 damage transfers to RT.
        Javelin JVN-10N (Pirate) takes 3 damage to RT.
            0 Armor remaining.

Small Laser at Hex: 3728 (Clear)needs 2, rolls 8 : hits!
        Terrain takes 3 damage.

Small Laser at Foot Squad (Laser) #3 (Pirate); needs 7, rolls 10 : hits MEN
        Direct fire weapon against infantry, damage changed from 3 to 1
        Foot Squad (Laser) #3 (Pirate) takes 2 damage to MEN.
             SQUAD KILLED,
*** Foot Squad (Laser) #3 (Pirate) DESTROYED by damage! ***

Small Laser at Packrat LRPV PKR-T5 (ICE) (Pirate); needs 7, rolls 10 : hits (using Right Side table) RS
        Packrat LRPV PKR-T5 (ICE) (Pirate) takes 3 damage to RS.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
            Critical hit on RS. Roll is 7; Crew stunned for 1 turns.

Small Laser at Hex: 3727 (Clear)needs 2, rolls 9 : hits!
        Terrain takes 3 damage.

Small Laser at Hex: 3626 (Clear)needs 2, rolls 3 : hits!
        Terrain takes 3 damage.

Small Laser at Javelin JVN-10N (Pirate); needs 9, rolls 10 : hits CT
        Javelin JVN-10N (Pirate) takes 3 damage to CT.
            2 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Eagle EGL-R6 (Pirate)
    Large Laser at Lucifer LCF-R20 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 4, rolls 7 : hits (using Left Side table) LWG
        Lucifer LCF-R20 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 8 damage to LWG.
            36 Armor remaining.

Large Laser at Lucifer LCF-R20 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 4, rolls 8 : hits (using Left Side table) NOS
        Lucifer LCF-R20 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 8 damage to NOS.
            106 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Lucifer LCF-R20 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 4, rolls 3 : misses

Medium Laser at Lucifer LCF-R20 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 4, rolls 5 : hits (using Left Side table) AFT
        Lucifer LCF-R20 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to AFT.
            62 Armor remaining.

Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
The base target is 4 [4 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (4 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 5, rolls 3 : falls.
    Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) falls on its left side, suffering 8 damage.
            12 Armor remaining.
        Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to LL.
            25 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) "Captain Rayhan Ashimov" must roll 5 to avoid damage; rolls 9 : succeeds.

Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
The base target is 5 [3 (Base piloting skill) + 2 (Left Leg Hip Actuator destroyed)].
    Roll #1, (3 (Base piloting skill) + 2 (Left Leg Hip Actuator destroyed) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 6, rolls 11 : succeeds.

Physical Attack Phase
-------------------

Physical attacks for Dervish DV-6M (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Striker Light Tank (Standard) (Pirate); needs 4, rolls 10 : hits (using Random Side table) RS
        Striker Light Tank (Standard) (Pirate) takes 11 damage to RS.
            9 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 13; (w/ +3 bonus)
Enlarge Image

Freyland's target Firestarter tries to run around the north side of town to escort the APC and Skulker but slips on the pavement and falls into the water. Considering the number of serious armor breaches it's got, that can't be good.

Isgrimnur's approach to the enemy APC rattles the driver, who guns it over the bridge then tries a sharp turn. The vehicle crunches a guardrail, stripping all armor off the right side.

The enemy units concentrate around the east side of the town, trying to support their last APC.

[mechanics]
Three units disabled or destroyed this round, bringing the total to 21/22.

The building in 2825 is 40/62 captured.
The building in 2924 is 44/59 captured.

Take out that last APC and cripple the infantry in 2825 (there's just 9 guys left, so a solid beating from a mech will take care of business) and that should do it!
[/mechanics]
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'll jump the Thunderbolt to 2824, kick the building in 2825, and fire at the infantry and/or other targets of opportunity.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I'll step to 3119 to give the APC the personal treatment.

QEII has the Skulker and Spider to distract him.

The Orion can salvo LRMs and AC/10s at the APC. Lasers on the Hover tank.
Stefan Stirzaker

Quickdraw turn east and unload at 2825
Dervvish to head West an optimum distance and fire on apc with lrms
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Oh, and I suppose the Wolverine should pick up my ejected Rifleman pilot, while he's in the area.
Black Lives Matter.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

I'll attempt to stand up and move to 3622 in order to cut down (hopefully) on some of the incoming fire. I'll then fire on the APC in 3218. Paingod will turn around and walk to 3918 and fire on the Skulker in 3521.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

The Thunderbolt hops out of the line of fire as the Saladin and Pegasus come zipping in. The mechwarrior rakes lasers across the two hovercraft she jumped over, dropping off the last of the Saladin's rear armor and zapping an SRM/6 launcher off the Pegasus. Then she boots the building in front of her, splattering three troopers.

Isgrimnur walks up to the APC and cuts it in half with the medium laser, ignoring the incoming SRMs. He stomps a couple of the escaping infantry for good measure.

Gbasden steps out of some lines of fire, but a lot of mechs are up on tall buildings nearby. As he's helping vaporize Isgrimnur's target APC, he takes multiple SRM hits to the dome and blacks out, bringing the mech down.

Paingod wrenches that extra bit of speed out of his damaged hip actuator and gets his mech where he wants it without falling over. A PPC shot at the Skulker melts one of the tires, but the vehicle keeps rolling. He takes several hits from the distant enemy Wolverine, losing a heat sink from the right leg.

Enriquez' Quickdraw fires at the Spider, hitting three limbs and melting off armor without causing any serious damage.

Freyland fires remaining weapons at the building occupied by the understrength flamer platoon as they attempt to secure it, using infrared sighting to pinpoint and zap individual infantry. And then sends a bunch of SRMs and LRMs at it for good measure - five guys down.

The Orion sees that the APC has been blown up and switches targets to the Jenner on top of one of the building. Missile impacts strip armor from the left leg.

One of our Lucifers fires at the building the Jenner is standing on, weakening it enough that the structure underneath it collapses, causing heavy damage to the light mech as it falls down.

Raw data:
Spoiler:

Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (getting up).
Needs 4 [4 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (getting up)], rolls 10 : succeeds.

Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check while moving in hex 4117 (running & turning on pavement).
Needs 4 [3 (Base piloting skill) + 2 (Left Leg Hip Actuator destroyed) - 1 (running & turning on pavement)], rolls 7 : succeeds.

Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (running with damaged hip actuator or gyro).
Needs 5 [3 (Base piloting skill) + 2 (Left Leg Hip Actuator destroyed) + 0 (running with damaged hip actuator or gyro)], rolls 5 : succeeds.

Lucifer LCF-R20 #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) loses 1 altitude(s) from weapon attack.

Weapon Attack Phase
-------------------

Medium Laser at Armored Personnel Carrier (Tracked SRM) (Pirate); needs 6, rolls 8 : hits (using Right Side table) RS
        Armored Personnel Carrier (Tracked SRM) (Pirate) takes 5 damage to RS.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
*** Armored Personnel Carrier (Tracked SRM) (Pirate) DESTROYED by damage! ***
            Critical hit on RS. Roll is 10; Engine destroyed. Immobile.

Small Laser at Armored Personnel Carrier (Tracked SRM) (Pirate); needs 6, rolls 6 : hits (using Right Side table) RR
        Armored Personnel Carrier (Tracked SRM) (Pirate) takes 3 damage to RR.
            7 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 11; (w/ +2 bonus)

LRM 5 at LTV-4 Hover Tank (Standard) (Pirate); needs 12, rolls 2 : misses

Weapons fire for Armored Personnel Carrier (Tracked SRM) (Pirate)
    SRM 2 at Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 7 : 2 missile(s) hit.

Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LL.
            5 Armor remaining.

Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RT.
            2 Armor remaining.

LRM 10 at Armored Personnel Carrier (Tracked SRM) (Pirate); needs 7, rolls 9 : 4 missile(s) hit (using Left Side table).

Armored Personnel Carrier (Tracked SRM) (Pirate) takes 4 damage to LS.
            6 Armor remaining.

LRM 10 at Armored Personnel Carrier (Tracked SRM) (Pirate); needs 7, rolls 11 : 6 missile(s) hit (using Left Side table).

Armored Personnel Carrier (Tracked SRM) (Pirate) takes 5 damage to LS.
            1 Armor remaining.

Armored Personnel Carrier (Tracked SRM) (Pirate) takes 1 damage to RR.
            6 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 12; (w/ +2 bonus)

SRM 2 at Javelin JVN-10N (Pirate); needs 10, rolls 8 : misses

SRM 2 at Javelin JVN-10N (Pirate); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses

SRM 6 at Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses

SRM 6 at Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

Medium Laser at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

Large Laser at Pegasus Scout Hover Tank (Standard) #4 (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 11 : hits (using Rear table) TU (critical)
        Pegasus Scout Hover Tank (Standard) #4 (Pirate) takes 8 damage to TU (critical).
            5 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on TU. Roll is 8; SRM 6 malfunctions.

Medium Laser at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Standard) (Pirate); needs 9, rolls 10 : hits (using Rear table) RR
        Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Standard) (Pirate) takes 5 damage to RR.
            0 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Standard) (Pirate); needs 9, rolls 4 : misses

Medium Laser at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Standard) (Pirate); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

SRM 6 at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

SRM 6 at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

Medium Laser at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 4 : misses

Medium Laser at Spider SDR-5V (Pirate); needs 6, rolls 6 : hits LA
        Spider SDR-5V (Pirate) takes 5 damage to LA.
            0 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Spider SDR-5V (Pirate); needs 6, rolls 8 : hits RA
        Spider SDR-5V (Pirate) takes 5 damage to RA.
            0 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Spider SDR-5V (Pirate); needs 6, rolls 9 : hits LL
        Spider SDR-5V (Pirate) takes 5 damage to LL.
            1 Armor remaining.

SRM 4 at Spider SDR-5V (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

LRM 10 at Javelin JVN-10N (Pirate); needs 11, rolls 7 : misses

Medium Laser at Quickdraw QKD-4GF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses

PPC at Armored Personnel Carrier (Tracked SRM) (Pirate); needs 6, rolls 11 : hits (using Left Side table) LS
        Armored Personnel Carrier (Tracked SRM) (Pirate) takes 10 damage to LS.
            Armor destroyed.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 9; (w/ +2 bonus)
             Moderate damage, +2 to driving skill rolls, -1 MP.
            Critical hit on LS. Roll is 2; no effect.

PPC at Armored Personnel Carrier (Tracked SRM) (Pirate); needs 6, rolls 8 : hits (using Left Side table) LS

PPC at Armored Personnel Carrier (Tracked SRM) (Pirate); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits (using Left Side table) LS

Small Laser at Skulker Wheeled Scout Tank (Standard) (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

PPC at Skulker Wheeled Scout Tank (Standard) (Pirate); needs 6, rolls 11 : hits (using Left Side table) LS
        Skulker Wheeled Scout Tank (Standard) (Pirate) takes 10 damage to LS.
            8 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 8; (w/ +4 bonus)
             Moderate damage, +2 to driving skill rolls, -1 MP.

LRM 5 at Skulker Wheeled Scout Tank (Standard) (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

PPC at Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 3 : misses

SRM 4 at Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 3 : misses

Weapons fire for Hornet HNT-151 (Pirate)
    LRM 5 at Quickdraw QKD-4GF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 3 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 5 : no fire..

Medium Laser at Hex 2825 of Building #1055209240 (Collapse)needs -1, rolls 7 : hits.

Heavy Standard Building #1055209240 absorbs 5 points of damage.
            59 CF remaining.
            1 damage is passed on to Foot Platoon (Anti-'Mech) (Flamer) (Pirate).
        Foot Platoon (Anti-'Mech) (Flamer) (Pirate) takes 1 damage to MEN.
            8 men alive

Medium Laser at Hex 2825 of Building #1055209240 (Collapse)needs -1, rolls 12 : hits.

Heavy Standard Building #1055209240 absorbs 5 points of damage.
            54 CF remaining.
            7 men alive

SRM 4 at Hex 2825 of Building #1055209240 (Collapse)needs 1, rolls 4 : 2 missile(s) hit.

Heavy Standard Building #1055209240 absorbs 4 points of damage.
            50 CF remaining.
            6 men alive

LRM 10 at Hex 2825 of Building #1055209240 (Collapse)needs 0, rolls 10 : 8 missile(s) hit.

Heavy Standard Building #1055209240 absorbs 8 points of damage.
            42 CF remaining.
            2 damage is passed on to Foot Platoon (Anti-'Mech) (Flamer) (Pirate).
            5 men alive

Weapons fire for Blackjack BJ-1 (Pirate)
    AC/2 at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 8 : misses

AC/2 at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

LRM 10 at Dervish DV-6M (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 7 : misses

LRM 10 at Dervish DV-6M (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 7 : misses

Medium Laser at Jenner JR7-D (Pirate); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

SRM 4 at Jenner JR7-D (Pirate); needs 10, rolls 11 : 3 missile(s) hit.

Jenner JR7-D (Pirate) takes 2 damage to RL.
            4 Armor remaining.

Jenner JR7-D (Pirate) takes 2 damage to LT.
            6 Armor remaining.

Jenner JR7-D (Pirate) takes 2 damage to RT.
            6 Armor remaining.

LRM 15 at Jenner JR7-D (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 11 : 9 missile(s) hit.

Jenner JR7-D (Pirate) takes 5 damage to LL.
            Armor destroyed.
            Critical hit on LL. Roll is 3; no effect.

Jenner JR7-D (Pirate) takes 4 damage to CT.
            6 Armor remaining.

AC/5 at Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits LA
        Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LA.
            Armor destroyed.
             5 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LA. Roll is 7; no effect.

SRM 6 at Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 11 : 2 missile(s) hit.

Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RT.
            2 Armor remaining.

Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RL (critical).
            8 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on RL. Roll is 8; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on Heat Sink.

Medium Laser at Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Javelin JVN-10N (Pirate)
    SRM 6 at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 6 : 3 missile(s) hit.

Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to HD.
            4 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) "Captain Rayhan Ashimov" takes 1 damage (2 total hits).
        Pilot of Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) "Captain Rayhan Ashimov" needs a 5 to stay conscious. Rolls 4 : blacks out.

10 Armor remaining.

8 Armor remaining.

SRM 6 at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 6 : 4 missile(s) hit.

Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LA.
            20 Armor remaining.

Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RT.
            17 Armor remaining.

Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RL.
            13 Armor remaining.

Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LL.
            23 Armor remaining.

Machine Gun at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

Flamer at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Medium Laser at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits (using Right Side table) RT
        Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RT.
            12 Armor remaining.

AC/2 at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

Medium Laser at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 9 : hits (using Left Side table) LA
        Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LA.
            15 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 7 : hits (using Left Side table) LT
            3 Armor remaining.

Machine Gun at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 7 : misses

Machine Gun at Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 12 : hits (using Left Side table) RA
        Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RA.
            9 Armor remaining.

Large Laser at Hornet HNT-151 (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

Large Laser at Hornet HNT-151 (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 10 : hits RA
        Hornet HNT-151 (Pirate) takes 8 damage to RA.
        8 damage transfers to RT.
        Hornet HNT-151 (Pirate) takes 8 damage to RT.
            Armor destroyed.
             4 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is 11; 2 locations.

Small Laser at Hornet HNT-151 (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 8 : hits HD
        Hornet HNT-151 (Pirate) takes 3 damage to HD.
            5 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Hornet HNT-151 (Pirate) "Clare Cho" takes 1 damage (1 total hits).
        Pilot of Hornet HNT-151 (Pirate) "Clare Cho" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 9 : successful!

Small Laser at Hornet HNT-151 (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 2 : misses

Small Laser at Hornet HNT-151 (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 8 : hits LT
        Hornet HNT-151 (Pirate) takes 3 damage to LT.
            5 Armor remaining.

Small Laser at Hornet HNT-151 (Pirate); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits RA
        Hornet HNT-151 (Pirate) takes 3 damage to RA.
        3 damage transfers to RT.
        Hornet HNT-151 (Pirate) takes 3 damage to RT.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is 9; 1 location.

Weapons fire for Lucifer LCF-R20 #2 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Large Laser at Hex 2723 of Building #1593506851 (Collapse)needs 0, rolls 8 : hits.

Heavy Standard Building #1593506851 absorbs 8 points of damage.
            36 CF remaining.

Large Laser at Hex 2723 of Building #1593506851 (Collapse)needs 0, rolls 7 : hits.

Heavy Standard Building #1593506851 absorbs 8 points of damage.
            28 CF remaining.

Small Laser at Hex 2723 of Building #1593506851 (Collapse)needs 0, rolls 8 : hits.

Heavy Standard Building #1593506851 absorbs 3 points of damage.
            25 CF remaining.

Small Laser at Hex 2723 of Building #1593506851 (Collapse)needs 0, rolls 5 : hits.

Heavy Standard Building #1593506851 absorbs 3 points of damage.
            22 CF remaining.

Weapons fire for Foot Platoon (Anti-'Mech) (Rifle) (Pirate)
    Auto-Rifle (Modern, Generic) at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 8 : 18 troopers hit (using Left Side table), causing 9 damage.
        Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LT.
            22 Armor remaining.

Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LA.
            12 Armor remaining.

Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RL.
            16 Armor remaining.

Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RA.
            12 Armor remaining.

Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to LA.
            11 Armor remaining.

Building #1593506851 collapses due to heavy load.
    Jenner JR7-D (Pirate) is hit by falling debris for 3 damage.
        Jenner JR7-D (Pirate) takes 3 damage to RA.
            1 Armor remaining.

Jenner JR7-D (Pirate) falls 2 level(s) into hex 2723
    Jenner JR7-D (Pirate) falls on its front, suffering 12 damage.
        Jenner JR7-D (Pirate) takes 5 damage to LL.
            Critical hit on LL. Roll is 8; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on Lower Leg.
        Jenner JR7-D (Pirate) takes 5 damage to LT.
            1 Armor remaining.
        Jenner JR7-D (Pirate) takes 2 damage to LT.
            Armor destroyed.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is 7; no effect.

Pilot of Jenner JR7-D (Pirate) "Daniel Shimko" must roll 5 to avoid damage; rolls 7 : succeeds.

Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) and automatically fails (Pilot unconscious).
    Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) falls on its front, suffering 8 damage.
        Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to CT.
            20 Armor remaining.
        Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to LA.
            12 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) "Captain Rayhan Ashimov" cannot avoid damage.
        Pilot of Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) "Captain Rayhan Ashimov" takes 1 damage (3 total hits).

Physical Attack Phase
-------------------

Physical attacks for Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Hex 2825 of Building #1055209240 (Collapse), the kick is an automatic hit (Targeting adjacent building.), hits.
        Heavy Standard Building #1055209240 absorbs 13 points of damage.
            29 CF remaining.
            3 damage is passed on to Foot Platoon (Anti-'Mech) (Flamer) (Pirate).
            4 men alive

Physical attacks for Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Foot Squad (Laser) (Pirate); needs 4, rolls 9 : hits MEN
        Foot Squad (Laser) (Pirate) takes 2 damage to MEN.
            5 men alive

Heat Phase
-------------------
Dervish DV-6M (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 13 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 6 heat.
Wolverine WVR-6M (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 1 heat, sinks 1 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 21 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 7 heat.
Quickdraw QKD-4GF (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 16 heat, sinks 14 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Awesome AWS-8Q (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 34 heat, sinks 28 heat and is now at 8 heat.
Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 14 heat, sinks 14 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 7 heat, sinks 7 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Quickdraw QKD-4GF #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 13 heat, sinks 14 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Orion ON1-K (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 11 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Trebuchet TBT-5S (Pirate) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Spider SDR-5V (Pirate) gains 11 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Wasp WSP-1A (Pirate) gains 5 heat, sinks 5 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Firestarter FS9-H (Pirate) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Jenner JR7-D (Pirate) gains 8 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Firestarter FS9-H #2 (Pirate) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Wasp WSP-1A #2 (Pirate) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Hornet HNT-151 (Pirate) gains 4 heat, sinks 4 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Firestarter FS9-H #3 (Pirate) gains 1 heat, sinks 1 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Blackjack BJ-1 (Pirate) gains 6 heat, sinks 6 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Whitworth WTH-1 (Pirate) gains 12 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 5 heat.
Wolverine WVR-6R (Pirate) gains 13 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Javelin JVN-10N (Pirate) gains 14 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Vulcan VL-2T (Pirate) gains 9 heat, sinks 9 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Firestarter FS9-H #4 (Pirate) gains 11 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Javelin JVN-10N #2 (Pirate) gains 6 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Javelin JVN-10N #3 (Pirate) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Dervish DV-6M (Pirate) gains 1 heat, sinks 1 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Dervish DV-6M #2 (Pirate) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Eagle EGL-R6 (Pirate) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Lucifer LCF-R20 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 20 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Lucifer LCF-R20 #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 18 heat, sinks 18 heat and is now at 0 heat.

End Phase
-------------------

Pilot of Wasp WSP-1A #2 (Pirate) "Ron Austin" needs a 10 to wake up. Rolls 10 : successful!
Enlarge Image

With no meaningful way of getting their infantry to their objectives, most of their vehicle screen gone and ammo running low, the enemy force retreats, leaving their legged mechs and disabled tanks behind. Since the OO company is in no condition to pursue, we let them go. A hard-fought victory to be sure.

The salvage crews pry Cylus Maxii out of his mech's wrecked head. He's alive, but pretty badly beat up.

Kill board:
Isgrimnur: 3 (Legged Wasp #2 with Orion, J. Edgar with Quickdraw, APC/SRM with Vindicatory)
El Guapo: 1 (Packrat with Thunderbolt)
Gbasden: 1 (Saladin #2 with Awesome)
Stefan: 3 (Heavy Wheeled APC/SRM with Dervish, Legged Trebuchet with Dervish, Striker tank with Dervish)
Air support: 4 (APC/LRM, Vedette #2, Hover APC/SRM, Pegasus #3)
Opfor: 6 (Pegasus, Vedette, Pegasus #2, Hunter, Packrat, Wheeled APC/SRM)

Post-battle commentary coming up.
Black Lives Matter
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Our team's MVP today is the Stefan-controlled Archinerd in the Dervish, with three kills.
I also helped, destroying or disabling a whopping six tanks and APCs by driving them over flimsy bridges, off a cliff or into buildings. In my defense, half of those were 5+ piloting checks, which are pretty likely to succeed.

Tactical analysis:
- Most importantly, line of sight. With an engagement this large, it's critical to stay out of LOS of as many enemy units as possible.
- Fire at the easiest target. With this many targets in play, getting enemy numbers down is important. If you have trouble figuring out your 'to-hit' number, feel free to ask. I don't think it's practical to provide every possible firing combination unfortunately, but there generally aren't that many optimal shots.
- Keep it moving. Especially with jump jets, you can easily rack up a +3 or +4 movement mod. Try to stay out of short range unless you're targeting that particular unit.
- Throw your weight around. When you've got a bunch of heavies while the opfor is all tanks, lights and mediums *and* you auto-win initiative, you want to be doing a lot more kicking, punching and stomping.
- Do your best to avoid running on pavement or roads. That results in piloting skill rolls, which result in mechs falling over.
- Remember to maximize your movement mod while minimizing your to-hit modifier. Magic numbers for walking/running are 3/5/7/11 hexes moved, while for jumping it's just every odd number (+1 for jumping). Meanwhile, walking is a flat +1, running is a flat +2, jumping is a flat +3. If you're jumping, but you can make it by running, you should run instead. If you're under your walk or run MP, try to figure out a way to extend your movement to at least the next mod threshold.
- Even with all that, sometimes you just have bad luck (see Stefan's Vulcan getting blown to bits on the first turn by a random SRM).

For my part, I need to figure out a better way to visually communicate building heights and CFs, and be more explicit in calling out damage to player units and its consequences.

Was the display of enemy unit movement mods useful?

Good game, guys.
Black Lives Matter
Stefan Stirzaker

Thanks for running it mate, was good and educational too. For my part agree with all of below, I don't think I really understood the movement mods and how they affect the game till the end. LOS was hard with so many units, I tried to stay behind or in trees but yeah luck plays some part.
For my part, it didn't realy click that we needed to take out the APCS which would stop the enemy otherwise i would of concentrated on them earlier. Kicking stomping was very effective at the end :)

Look forward to the next one, i'm sure we'll do better next time! It was an ugly win.

For next time, maybe a google docs spreadsheet with the units and just update with damage or any changes as we go, i did that at home fro my units and it worked a treat.