Game On!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Isgrimnur

Re: Game On!

Post by Isgrimnur »

Since we're dropping the Newcastle train, I can join the other one.

Scoop90210 

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Isgrimnur wrote:Since we're dropping the Newcastle train, I can join the other one.

Scoop90210 

Reason?
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

You're against the seer coming out, no reason given, and you doubled up on me through a complete lack of information on my voting pattern.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I disagree. We will learn who the Seer is tomorrow either from the Seer himself or from Drazzil.

The wolves have to make a choice now. Try to kill the Seer by guessing who they think he is (and then Drazzil tells us who the Seer was) or kill Drazzil and leave themselves the option to counter a Seer claim tomorrow.

If the Seer comes out all of those hard choices by the wolves are gone and all that we learn is who is the Seer which we are going to learn tomorrow anyway.

Bad strategy from you two. Or wolf strategy.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Btw, I’m pretty confident I know who the Seer is. Tomorrow will be interesting.

Hey Drazzil are you still playing? Need your vote please.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

He’s ezmating his way to Oregon, supposedly.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scoop20906 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:31 pm I disagree. We will learn who the Seer is tomorrow either from the Seer himself or from Drazzil.

The wolves have to make a choice now. Try to kill the Seer by guessing who they think he is (and then Drazzil tells us who the Seer was) or kill Drazzil and leave themselves the option to counter a Seer claim tomorrow.

If the Seer comes out all of those hard choices by the wolves are gone and all that we learn is who is the Seer which we are going to learn tomorrow anyway.

I agree with this.

As Scoop points out - beside making things more clear for the wolves -- what is the gain in hearing from the Seer today.

People that are saying the Seer -should- come out. What is it that you think that gives the villagers?

Newcastle is harping on that the Seer would often come out by now... To do what? Share his scans? Well - it seems that information is out there... We started on a day... "day 3" is misleading in terms of the Seer and you know it. The seer has had 2 nights. 2 scans, and those scans (apparently) have been shared with us.

What, Newcastle and Holman (I can't tell Issy's position TBH, he challenged Scoop's answer but then didn't even think he should answer?), is it you hope to achieve from getting the exact Identity of this possible Seer out today?

and Holman asking people to play. Humor.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Scoop20906 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:31 pm I disagree. We will learn who the Seer is tomorrow either from the Seer himself or from Drazzil.

Scoop20906 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:34 pm Btw, I’m pretty confident I know who the Seer is. Tomorrow will be interesting.

If you're confident about the Seer (and you've said so at least twice), don't you think the Wolves are confident about the Seer?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Holman wrote:

Scoop20906 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:34 pm Btw, I’m pretty confident I know who the Seer is. Tomorrow will be interesting.

If you're confident about the Seer (and you've said so at least twice), don't you think the Wolves are confident about the Seer?
If they are what does that change? What do you think I should be doing about it??

Seriously? What are you asking here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I’ve already it was a mistake for Drazzil to post the PM but it’s done and I certainly didn’t cause that.

That’s why I’m convinced Drazzil will last the night and he can confirm who the Seer is tomorrow.

So is that enough about the Seer coming out?

Right now I’m aiming for Issy and Newcastle. I just hope I’m not blind to an evil Unagi backing me up.

This has been a tough game.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Sorry Newcastle. I don’t think our TV series is going to get renewed for another season.

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Scoop20906 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:51 am Sorry Newcastle. I don’t think our TV series is going to get renewed for another season.
spin off dude...the audience will love how i slay the scoopwolf in S1...and they will demand to see another season of watching my brilliance unfold as i stuff my foot into my mouth each and every scene only to pull it off at the end by saying "oh.....just one more thing!" :ninja:
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:13 am

I agree with this.

As Scoop points out - beside making things more clear for the wolves -- what is the gain in hearing from the Seer today.

People that are saying the Seer -should- come out. What is it that you think that gives the villagers?

Newcastle is harping on that the Seer would often come out by now... To do what? Share his scans? Well - it seems that information is out there... We started on a day... "day 3" is misleading in terms of the Seer and you know it. The seer has had 2 nights. 2 scans, and those scans (apparently) have been shared with us.

What, Newcastle and Holman (I can't tell Issy's position TBH, he challenged Scoop's answer but then didn't even think he should answer?), is it you hope to achieve from getting the exact Identity of this possible Seer out today?

and Holman asking people to play. Humor.

Realistically, how long do seers live? ANd yes you can say its day 2= 2 scans. The point is 2 night cycles have gone by, and we are done to really 1 miss.

We both know a seer coming out that close to the end is liable to cause more damage than good. ITs also an awesome move to play as a wolf...come out on the "final day" and lead the village astray. That's the move I am trying to guard against.

Getting 2 scans is in great. If we had more people and we knew that there going to be a few extra days in the game, I'd say no sweat in terms of letting them scan again, but its really getting down to the wire.

Also - its usually good practice for seers to come out AFTER they have 2-3 scans depending how many more days are left. And regardless if their scans are alive. It unveils more piece from the board and creates further clarity.

You. Know. This.

Quit acting obtuse. A reasonable villager Unagi would see this. A wolf unagi who plans on coming out tomorrow as the seer (to challenge the drazzil seer)...wants the chaos at the end.

What do I hope to gain...clarity.

So how this helps....lets run the numbers

A. 1 scan (innocent) plus 1 dead scan, and a Seer comes out. Narrows the pool to 5 players. Out of those 5 players, 40% of them are wolves. (by the way you let the wolves kill the seer that night, proves then the person going forward...we now have a 100% proven person out of 5 people...meaning 50% odds can hit a wolf)

b. 2 scans both alive = seer comes out...3 people revealed to be "innocent"....BOOM! The suspect pool is now 4 people...2 of which are wolves. I like those odds.

Right now our odds of hitting a wolf are 2 in 7. I much rather have a 2 in 5 odds of hitting a wolf than 2 to 7. That's what a seer coming out today does. It blows open the game for us. Plus it gives us the security of knowing we wont have a competing seer scenario on the last day with our last miss should we not strike true today.

A seer trying to stay alive at this point is selfish, and are not being reasonable. They can drop a lot of data in the game. There is ZERO guarantee they stay alive through the night...and we then lose their data.

SEER COME OUT COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!
Bayraktar!!!!

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Stop making me agree with Newcastle!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

1. Isgrimnur - Newcastle, Scoop
2. El Guapo - Isgrminur
3. Newcastle - Unagi, Holman, Scoop
4. Holman -
5. Unagi -Newcastle
6. Lassr - eaten
7. Scoop - Isgrimnur, Newcastle
8. Punisher - stabbed
9. Drazzil -
10. Lagom Lite - Swedish Meatballs
11. RMC - Scooped

7 remain. Majority is 4.
Current Vote Totals:

Scoop - 2
Holman -
Isgrminur - 1
Unagi -
Newcastle - 1
Drazzil -
El Guapo -

Should be correct. As always, check my work.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

The Seer already came out. We know his scans. Lassr and Drazzil.

Unless you are disputing Drazzil and if you are why isn’t your vote on him?

A spin-off soon after getting cancelled. Unlikely. We are going to have wait a few years for the reboot. I wonder who will play McScoopmick?

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Isgrimnur wrote:Stop making me agree with Newcastle!
God, all three of you?!?

Is there any sanity left in the village?

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Scoop20906 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:59 pm The Seer already came out. We know his scans. Lassr and Drazzil.

A spin-off soon after getting cancelled. Unlikely. We are going to have wait a few years for the reboot. I wonder who will play McScoopmick?
dude the spinoff is a go go go! I'm blowing up on my twitter for my performance this season, and have been offerred a multiple season deal with options to creating my own production company. 8-)

a. You are placing a lot of trust in Drazzil's wolf & villager radar

b. According to Drazzil....not to besmirch him....BUT

1. drazzil could be lying....we dont know if it is true; could it be a wolf ruse (i doubt this, but pointing it out)...meaning drazzil wolf sent this out with his partner to stir up pandemonium in the village.

2. drazzil believes it but its a wolf seer who is messing with him.

3. it could be true!

But until we can put a person to the name, then we can't challenge them. What if its a wolf and hte real seer is alive? They could counter them? eh? Scoopwolf?

/walks up to Scoop
"You got something there on your shoulder
/Newcastle brushes off some Marinara sauce
/a chunk of it falls to the floor
/goes to pick it up
/recoils as he realizes its a chewed on finger.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

SO i guess the question is...where is el guapo and the drazz?
Bayraktar!!!!

Holman

Post by Holman »

Scoop20906 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:59 pm The Seer already came out. We know his scans. Lassr and Drazzil.

The Seer did *not* come out. Someone claiming to be the Seer contacted Drazzil.

You've said you think you know who wrote Drazz's message. I think most of us probably have a pretty good guess as well.

The question is whether that person is more likely a Wolf or a spoof.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Apologies to everyone - I've been buried for the last few days getting ready for a deposition today. Well, that's done, so now I can start getting ready for the next one in a few weeks....

Anyway, at this point I lean towards the seer coming out, but honestly I'm not sure it matters all that much as a practical matter. IF the seer is not dead and did not contact Drazzil, then OBVIOUSLY he should come out. If the seer comes out and Drazzil does not contradict him (does not say "nope, that's not who contacted me"), then I'm not totally sure what we're going to do with that information. Absent any contesting, I assume that we wouldn't be inclined to lynch said seer? Then that would doom the seer (if he's telling the truth and not spoofing), whereas currently he's probably only 75% doomed (I too think I probably know who the seer is, though that's still not quite as good as 100%) knowing, which could deny us a chance at a valuable scan. Seems like the main upshot is that if the seer declared and survived, that wouldn't look so great for the seer. But I assume that said seer would say in that situation that the wolves left them alive expecting us to lynch him the next day (possibly killing Drazzil instead), THOUGH that would be a gamble since the seer might hit a wolf that night, BUT I assume that a wolf seer would claim to have hit a wolf anyway figuring that the village probably goes for that instead of an uncontested seer....

Does all this make sense? Not totally sure after deposing an actuary all day. BUT anyway my instinct is for the seer to come out, but I'm not sure it changes anything (probably wouldn't lynch them today, probably wouldn't avoid next day chaos either way, unless we hit a wolf today and give ourselves some breathing room).
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Holman wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:51 pm

The Seer did *not* come out. Someone claiming to be the Seer contacted Drazzil.

You've said you think you know who wrote Drazz's message. I think most of us probably have a pretty good guess as well.

The question is whether that person is more likely a Wolf or a spoof.
Are you planning on voting at some point?

Seems like (for better or for worse) the claimed seer and Drazzil have both decided in favor of not revealing today. If nothing else it would be nice to get non-voters to say who they would vote for if they voted, at least to get things less stalled.
Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

So....

SEER SEER COME OUT:
Elguapo, Holman, Issy, and Newcastle

STAY HIDDEN
Scoop & Unagi

UNKNOWN
Drazzil
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

just curious...do we need a drazzil replacement? or can we do this on our own?

scoop today....

unagi tomorrow....

???
Bayraktar!!!!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

?!

Holman

Post by Holman »

OK, I'm going to go with my gut.

Scoop 

Holman

Post by Holman »

I believe that's N-1.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Not a wolf, not a Seer. Really no idea who TBD.

MY guess Newcastle and Issy.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I hope they miss tonight and you get another scan.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Newcastle, Isgrimnur, Holman - On Scoop Bandwagon. Are both the wolves on here? There has to be at least one, right?

Drazzil, Unagi, El Guapo - ??

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Holman wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:14 pm OK, I'm going to go with my gut.

Scoop 

Your gut is full of Swedish Meatballs.

Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Newcastle wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:31 pm just curious...do we need a drazzil replacement? or can we do this on our own?

scoop today....

unagi tomorrow....

???
No Drazzil replacement please. Lots of drama for me lately, though I'm fine. Give me tomorrow to get my bearings and I will vote.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

If I'm being played I'm dead in the night, because thats the only way fake seer gets ro keep faking it. If the seer is genuine and I get whacked then they get a free scan. Of course the wolves could whack me if they believe they have the identity of the real seer to throw doubt into the play. Or whack the seer if they know who they are cause I made the reveal unintentionally.

Man this game is like a soap opera.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Just off the cuff. I'm suspicious of the "seer" I'm suspicious of Scoop, I'm suspicious of Newcastle and Isg is perking my interest as well. So I don't have enough evidence of anything right now. I'm the Robert Muller of the village.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

1. Isgrimnur - Newcastle, Scoop
2. El Guapo - Isgrminur
3. Newcastle - Unagi, Holman, Scoop
4. Holman - Scoop
5. Unagi -Newcastle
6. Lassr - eaten
7. Scoop - Isgrimnur, Newcastle
8. Punisher - stabbed
9. Drazzil -
10. Lagom Lite - Swedish Meatballs
11. RMC - Scooped

7 remain. Majority is 4.
Current Vote Totals:

Scoop - 3
Holman -
Isgrminur - 1
Unagi -
Newcastle - 1
Drazzil -
El Guapo -

Should be correct. As always, check my work.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Holman

Post by Holman »

For whom would you vote, Scoop?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Issy or Newcastle

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Drazzil wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:03 am
Newcastle wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:31 pm just curious...do we need a drazzil replacement? or can we do this on our own?

scoop today....

unagi tomorrow....

???
No Drazzil replacement please. Lots of drama for me lately, though I'm fine. Give me tomorrow to get my bearings and I will vote.
coolio! was wondering because the scuttlebut was you were moving and wanted to make sure you could still adequately partake for the villager's fun & pain.
Bayraktar!!!!

Holman

Post by Holman »

Scoop20906 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:53 pm Issy or Newcastle
This might be a good time to choose.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Holman wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:53 pm Issy or Newcastle
This might be a good time to choose.