Game On!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Drazzil

Re: Game On!

Post by Drazzil »

I'm still waiting on the play the "seer" wants to make.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Reading the Seer's silence. Possibilities:

(a) Drazzil is telling the truth, and therefore the Seer will have no new information until tomorrow. In that case, coming out today gives us a trusted Drazzil, but he'll just be killed tomorrow night after the Seer is killed tonight.

(b) The seer is already dead and Drazzil got played.

(c) The seer is dead and Drazzil is a wolf.

--

My question: Why scan Drazzil?

If I were Seer in a game with experienced players and one new one, I wouldn't spend a precious scan on the newb. I'd want to know as soon as possible about one of the veterans, especially in the second scan after some conflicts had developed during Day 2.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Drazzil wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:42 pm I'm still waiting on the play the "seer" wants to make.
Just to clarify: are you in touch with your Seer claimant and waiting to see what they say?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I think Drazzil is lying. He's either the seer or a wolf. And I'm leaning wolf.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:49 am I think Drazzil is lying. He's either the seer or a wolf. And I'm leaning wolf.
Wow, finally something interesting happens. You think he wrote that whole PM to himself? I don't know Drazzil that well. Do we know if he is that imaginative? If that was forged it was forged pretty well.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Holman

Post by Holman »

Scoop20906 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:21 am
Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:49 am I think Drazzil is lying. He's either the seer or a wolf. And I'm leaning wolf.
Wow, finally something interesting happens. You think he wrote that whole PM to himself? I don't know Drazzil that well. Do we know if he is that imaginative? If that was forged it was forged pretty well.
The message doesn’t sound like someone in their first werewolf game, but it could have been written by a veteran partner.

I’m inclined to think that if Drazzil were a wolf, he wouldn’t have (and his partner would have cautioned him not to) quote the message directly. Instead he would have just described it.

I hope Drazzil, if he is a villager, understands the chance that he is being tricked.

I still want to know whether people think experienced wolves would have chosen Drazzil for a scan on night two. Did he say something to suggest he was seer?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Holman wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:01 am Reading the Seer's silence. Possibilities:

(a) Drazzil is telling the truth, and therefore the Seer will have no new information until tomorrow. In that case, coming out today gives us a trusted Drazzil, but he'll just be killed tomorrow night after the Seer is killed tonight.

(b) The seer is already dead and Drazzil got played.

(c) The seer is dead and Drazzil is a wolf.

--

My question: Why scan Drazzil?

If I were Seer in a game with experienced players and one new one, I wouldn't spend a precious scan on the newb. I'd want to know as soon as possible about one of the veterans, especially in the second scan after some conflicts had developed during Day 2.
I would be more worried about C if the wolves had any way to know whether the seer is alive or dead. There's no "wolf seer" this game, so unless I am missing something about the info that the wolves are told upon a night kill (which I am pretty sure that I am not) then they're flying blind on that. So the Drazzil as a wolf scenario would seem to be enormously risky on the wolves part, because they risk instantly exposing Wolf Drazzil. And Drazzil wasn't particularly under the gun yesterday, which would make the risk/reward on this less optimal.

I don't want to dismiss that entirely, but seems unlikely.

Of course the "Drazzil is getting played" scenario also risks exposing a wolf too, in a scenario that seems unnecessarily risky.

Which maybe points towards A. But from bad experience I'm always wary about being conned in these games.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Scoop20906 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:21 am
Wait, why would Drazzil do this if he was the seer? Would the goal be to draw the wolves into killing someone else trying to find the seer? Seems like this would mainly elevate the risk of the wolves killing him (if he's not a wolf) since they could rationally choose to kill the proven over taking a gamble on hitting the seer.

Actually, I wonder whether a wolf Isgrimnur is making a play at 'having his cake and eating it too' - if the wolves could get us to lynch Drazzil then they could both kill the proven *and* take a shot at killing the seer before they reveal.

Hmmm.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Holman wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:42 am
I still want to know whether people think experienced wolves would have chosen Drazzil for a scan on night two. Did he say something to suggest he was seer?
Huh? The wolves don't get a scan...what happened (if Drazzil is telling the truth and not getting played) is that he was chosen by the seer (not the wolves) for a scan. And anything suggesting that he was the seer wouldn't get him scanned by...the seer.
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:46 pm
Holman wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:42 am
Huh? The wolves don't get a scan...what happened (if Drazzil is telling the truth and not getting played) is that he was chosen by the seer (not the wolves) for a scan. And anything suggesting that he was the seer wouldn't get him scanned by...the seer.
Sorry. I literally swapped my nouns there, something I do kind of a lot when typing on my phone. I'm getting old.

Obviously I mean "I still want to know whether people think an experienced Seer would have chosen Drazzil for a scan on night two. Did he say something to suggest he was wolf?" (which is the same question I asked four posts above that one).
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

SO i think the seer has to come out.

a. the wolves have to kill him tomorrow -> proves drazzil so we haev 1 innocent proven

b. as a seer- i might or might not have scanned him. Sometimes the goal is to scan someone who you know is going to make it to the end. IN this case, I would think Drazzil would be that. Is he the best target? Dont know.

c. i really wonder if drazzil is getting played. Its his first game, and he really wouldn't be sure what to do. I think this is what its coming down to.

d. if this "seer" is exposed today, it opens up the possibility of a counter claim by either a wolf seer or the real seer. Either way we have a lot more information.

e. exposing him as a "wolf" coming out in such a fashion is a highly risky move I think.

I see ZERO case for drazzil's seer/PM buddy to stay hidden. They have to come out today. We only have today and tomorrow.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

bah

meant if real seer comes out then he has to be killed tonight by the wolves. also exposes the board more, AND it proves drazzil. Putting him in a fun spot tomorrow of being a helluva swing vote.
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

1. Isgrimnur-Newcastle
2. El Guapo -
3. Newcastle-Unagi
4. Holman
5. Unagi -Newcastle
6. Lassr - eaten
7. Scoop -
8. Punisher - stabbed
9. Drazzil -
10. Lagom Lite - Swedish Meatballs
11. RMC - Scooped

7 remain. Majority is 4.
Current Vote Totals:

Scoop -
Holman -
Isgrminur -
Unagi -1
Newcastle - 2
Drazzil -
El Guapo -

It is still day. In case any of you missed that.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'm going to give this some more thought and do some re-reading this evening, and then it's time to cast a vote and get the ball rolling more. Right now my suspicions are centered on Isgrimnur, Newcastle OR Unagi, and Holman. I guess there's a second tier of Scoop and Drazzil...I have to admit that my non-suspicion of Scoop is more vague intuition than anything else, and I think it's likely that Drazzil is telling the truth. So I'm excited for the big reveal that the wolves are Scoop and Drazzil.
Black Lives Matter.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Drazzil wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:25 am
Congrats. I picked you mainly because I didn't think you would be killed at night and I couldn't afford another missed scan.
Sounds to me like we have our reason, provided the Seer is legit.... and if he isn't legit - then why are people wondering why Drazzil?

The seer ends up just giving the village a chance to a) reveal wolves OR b)providing enough villagers to thus expose the wolves. A smart seer will worry about scanning someone they think is likely about to be eaten, or even someone likely to be lynched the next day.

I have some thoughts here too (regarding the seer coming out), but it mostly comes down to trust on the Seer (our trust in him) and I may trust him more tomorrow if he was on a wolf-lynch today. It wouldn't be 'required' of him , but it would be a slam dunk for the seer tomorrow if that could happen.

I do know that if I was a wolf I would demand the seer came out. Or actually, maybe if I was the Seer too.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

This isn't Drazzil's first game. It might have been 13 years ago, but still.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Question:

REMUS,

IF THE SEER COMES OUT, CAN HE STILL SEND A PM BEFORE HE DIES AT MORNING?

Obviously if the seer comes out, he should PM *everyone,* not just Drazzil. The wolves will already know whatever he discovers anyway.

This way, at least we would have two trusteds tomorrow, provided the Seer is killed in the night.

If the wolves decide to pass on the Seer in order to muddy the waters, he'll get to make the same play the next night.

(Of course if the Seer is dead, it will be easy to spoof this, I guess.)
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I doubt it Holman. A seer scan result is usually not available until daybreak. If the seer is the target, Remus will probably send him a PM saying he is dead and not the result of his scan. Nice looking for a loophole, but it's not gonna fly.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:06 pm This isn't Drazzil's first game. It might have been 13 years ago, but still.
roger that.
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Holman wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:26 pm Question:

REMUS,

IF THE SEER COMES OUT, CAN HE STILL SEND A PM BEFORE HE DIES AT MORNING?
The night kill happens in the night not the morning. Anyone killed in the night will be informed they are dead (and they should understand they may no longer PM at that point) at the beginning of the day so they are welcome to PM until that point. That said, the Seer scan is only given to them at day break so.......the Seer would not have time to PM anyone the results on a night during which he is eaten.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I’m still waiting ...

Holman

Post by Holman »

Thanks, Remus.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Scoop20906 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:23 pm I’m still waiting ...
For what?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Holman wrote:
For what?
Don’t you worry your hairy behind.

Holman

Post by Holman »

Scoop20906 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:07 pm
Holman wrote:
For what?
Don’t you worry your hairy behind.
This is why we can't have nice things.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

So...question to the group....should we drop our "suspect list" that each of us and a quick note about them? I know a few have a page or two ago. Just to stir up some alternate conversations besides this seer convo.

And question to unagi - say you lynch me today, and i come back a villager...who are the 2 wolves? If i come back wolf, who's my partner?
Bayraktar!!!!

Holman

Post by Holman »

Reading this particular game:

Izzy- Not an active player in a meaningful way. Probably a wolf.
El Guapo- Thoughtful and noncommittal player. Probably a wolf.
Newcastle- Suspicious from day one. I've voted on him more than once. Probably a wolf.
Unagi- Aggressive and suspicious. Probably a wolf.
Scoop- Random and chaotic in ways that read probably a wolf.
Drazzil- Could be an innocent, but probably a junior-partner wolf.
Holman- Honest as the day is long, and handsome to boot.

Seriously, though, if I have to commit:

I'm willing to believe that Drazzil is either being honest or being played, but I don't think he's a wolf. If he were the junior wolf partner, they would take more advantage of the role (probably by claiming someone other than dead Lassr and asking Drazzil to keep it secret.)

To me that means there are two wolves among [Izzy, ElG, NewC, Unagi, Scoop].

Scoop has been pretty chaotic and active. Unfortunately I have no idea if that means Good Scoop or Bad Scoop, but this game would have made it easy for a Bad Scoop to hide. No one has challenged him and forced him to scramble, so I'm willing to trust him.

NewC and Unagi have been fighting all game long.
Izzy and ElG have been avoiding attention.
Someone tell me which is worse.
El Guapo

Re: Game "almost" On. Awaiting all PMs to be read.

Post by El Guapo »

Lassr wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:37 am
Punisher wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:49 pm
Holman wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:58 pm
Remus West wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:45 pm 3. Newcastle - RMC, Isgrimnur, Lagom Lite, Unagi, El Guapo, Drazzil, Unagi
WTH is Newcastle doing with his vote??
This bothers me for some reason
Villager testing the water or a wolf mucking up his voting record.
This was kind of weird on Newcastle's part.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Punisher wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:20 pm Plus as the game goes on, there are some people that take a few hours and re=read EVERYTHING. Hey, did Holman leave out a comma in that sentence? Odd. What about Punisher? he used Caps lock for that word, what was he REALLY trying to say?
It gets nuts.
I wonder how well a psychologist would be at this game... At the least, they'd probably have the making for a good paper...
People who do that are super weird. :whistle:
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Also Holman did leave out a comma in that sentence...
Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

El Guapo wrote:Also Holman did leave out a comma in that sentence...
This is why I love this games.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Newcastle wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:31 pm
RMC wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:54 am   Remove Scoop  

Newcastle  

I am okay with going with Newcastle. He is at N-1, so let the man talk.
/takes a sip from his brownbagged beverage

Hmm, well I got nothing really. Except...you'll miss me when i am gone! Not out of any real longing, but man this thread is gonna mellow...you know i represent...]mumbles] .53903878% of the post counts. That's a lot of verbiage or is it verbal garbage that you folks wont have to wade through..... but maybe that's a good thing...
suspects...well let my vote lie on the one i suspect most

the whole village  

HAH! kidding.

...thoughts....well i carry little insight

I'd look at Punisher, he feels cautious.
Holman seem's too helpful really.
Scoop seems weird
Unagi also is different. Not sure how yet.
Lassr seems steady eddie, so probably innocent
Rmc...seems a tad impatient
lagom....seems lagom
el guapo...seems innocent guapo, but could be wrong
drazzil...surprised no one tried rail roading him, losing our edge in this day and age of ww
izzy ...nothing special
I forgot that Newcastle got to n-1. So probably not the sekret seer, unless he's got giant stones. Question is villager or wolf. Not much here otherwise...not throwing anyone under the bus here. Though day 1, so not much to build on either way.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Drazzil wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:26 pm At the risk of being lynched, I don't see Punisher as being a canidate for dancing the hemp fandango... Yet.
Newcastle wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:03 pm   remove punisher  

Lassr wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:42 am Are we going to do the usual? Vote until we find the seer?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Newcastle wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:57 am meh youre right

remove holman  

punisher  

With Punisher (who turns out to be a villager) at n-1, Drazzil declines to put him over the edge. Probably a good sign. Newcastle does a bit of a two-step on him.
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

That kind of behavior is why I voted Newcastle early and often.

In the late game, looking back, it means less, but why throw around those early smoke bombs at all?

Explain please. This is pretty much our last good chance.
El Guapo

Re: Game "almost" On. Awaiting all PMs to be read.

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:23 am Votes:
1. Isgrimnur - Scoop
2. El Guapo - RMC, punisher
3. Newcastle - RMC, Isgrimnur, Lagom Lite, Unagi, El Guapo, Drazzil, Unagi, Holman, punisher, Holman, punisher
4. Holman - Newcastle
5. Unagi - RMC, punisher
6. Lassr - Holman, Lagom Lite, punisher
7. Scoop - Newcastle, punisher
8. Punisher - Newcastle
9. Drazzil - Scoop, Lagom Lite, Newcastle
10. Lagom Lite - RMC, Holman, RMC, Lassr, punisher
11. RMC - Scoop, Newcastle, punisher

6 votes is majority

I believe that is accurate. Please feel free to double check.
Final vote for day 1. Punisher train at the end is El Guapo, Newcastle, Unagi, Lassr, Scoop, Lagom Lite, RMC.

Known (dead) humans underlined.

I'm trying to decide whether Isgrimnur's (and Holman's) "park a vote and just leave it there" or Newcastle's manic voting is more suspicious. Probably noise at the end of the day.
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Re: Game On

Post by Holman »

(I’m referring to ElG’s first recent post, not his second.)
Holman

Post by Holman »

(Or third I guess.)
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Unagi wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:04 pm Actually, I was secretly suspicious of Lassr, so that's helpful, unless he was the Seer.

I had some thoughts on Newcastle's behavior yesterday, but after he went to N-1... well, my theories were wrong - or Wolf-castle just didn't want to draw out the Seer as any Day1-wolf would.... or Seer-castle didn't let us know that he actually was the Seer... both would be remarkable.

A wolf would claim Seer for obvious reasons and most Seers would warn the village if they were about to strike down the Seer. You may as well let yourself be killed at night instead and try to get an actual wolf lynched instead of yourself that day...
Now, it could be a slick wolf move, and I don't entirely put slick wolf moves past Newcastle (sorry bucko), but it's pretty unconventional - and so yeah.

Holman, what do you mean by 'made him a safe kill for the wolves last night.' What were the wolves avoiding? Are you saying that they may have wanted to kill someone else but were worried about how it would make them look?
Interesting. Holman and (to a lesser degree) Drazzil start back up on Newcastle (the day 1 lynch runner up) as day 2 starts. Unagi inches away from that.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Drazzil wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:04 pm I exchanged PM's with the deceased (Lassr) regarding Lagom Lite and the chances he was the wolf. Lagom's been pretty quiet lately.
Why is Drazzil apparently such a PM magnet this game? Any chance he just adopted a strategy of fabricating PMs? Or is he just way more popular than me?
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Scoop20906 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:51 pm
Holman wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:47 pm FWIW, I think Drazzil is playing like a new player with questions. Seems innocent to me.

Lagom Lite is playing aggressively, which to me reads as villager because it risks drawing fire this early on.

I've already indicated my suspicions of Newcastle.

Another who interests me, though, is Scoop. Normally he is off the wall with speculation and accusation, but he seems to have been playing cool in the run up to the lynch and the night kill. Seems unusual.
Uh, did you miss my last accusation??? Drazzil made a rookie wolf mistake. Now I feel bad for him really I do but you don't get points for giving people breaks in this game. I've done it myself several times. Maybe more than anyone else.

He is a wolf I am pretty sure. Now that might not be off the wall but it is an accusation.

Oh, and for the record I am cucumber cool ALLLLLLLLLL the time. :mrgreen:
Isgrimnur wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:53 pm I’m fine lynching Drazzil followed by Scoop if he’s wrong.
This (from day 2) is interesting. Scoop suspects Drazzil based on the whole "second wolf" controversy. Isgrimnur jumps in without analysis but seeming like he's trying to set up a double miss, as it seems weird (given the nature of misses) to basically pre-set up the next day's lynch. Though if that's the case that would imply that Drazzil and Scoop are both villagers.
Black Lives Matter.