Fundraising for 2019/2020: 12 Month renewal is up Oct 21/2019. $1337.51 USD of roughly $1700 USD (CDN conversion) as of Sept 1/2019. Paypal Donation Link Here

Game On!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Post Reply
User avatar
Holman
Posts: 21266
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: Game On!

Post by Holman » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:28 am

Ugh.

8 players (two of them wolves) left.

Tomorrow morning it will be 5 villagers and 2 wolves with majority 4.

Gonna be tough. I hope we still have our seer.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

User avatar
RMC
Posts: 6382
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:49 pm
Location: Elyria, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Game On!

Post by RMC » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:08 am

:binky: :binky:
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Game On!

Post by Newcastle » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:12 am

Just saying I am all in on Unagi tomorrow. ALL IN!

Who's with me?
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 32678
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Game On!

Post by El Guapo » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:00 am

Oof. Well, at least we don't have to worry about late game RMC shenanigans, for what that's worth. Hopefully the seer is still breathing and is having more luck.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 17331
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Game On!

Post by Unagi » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:35 pm

Newcastle wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:12 am
Just saying I am all in on Unagi tomorrow. ALL IN!

Who's with me?
Hey great! :dance:

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 17331
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Game On!

Post by Unagi » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:40 pm

Holman wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:07 pm
I'm willing to take RMC to N-1. Newcastle has a point.

 Remove Newcastle 
 

 RMC 
 
I assume you meant to say that "Unagi has a point". but you said Newcastle. which is weird kinda.


Sorry RMC, There is no way I could let you go untested the whole game with the way you've been playing. But - wrong, so sorry 'bout that. :?

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 17331
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Game On!

Post by Unagi » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:13 pm

Newcastle wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:12 am
Just saying I am all in on Unagi tomorrow. ALL IN!

Who's with me?
By the way people - if I die tonight , DO NOT let this comment from Newcastle clear him in your books.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Game On!

Post by Newcastle » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:25 pm

Unagi wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:13 pm
Newcastle wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:12 am
Just saying I am all in on Unagi tomorrow. ALL IN!

Who's with me?
By the way people - if I die tonight , DO NOT let this comment from Newcastle clear him in your books.
We both KNOW youre gonna live!!!
Scared? Should be, cuz I am bringing the hammer tomorrow!
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 15069
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Game On!

Post by Lassr » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:01 pm

The morning sun rises and the villagers gather at the town center. Holman rushes in, out of breath, "I found a body, or what's left of one!" The villagers follow him into the woods and there lays a mangled mess.
"Who was it?" Drazzil inquires.

Isgrimnur bends down, "I think it was the Swedish visitor, Lagom", He picks a pocket watch out of the mess, "I believe I saw him with this yesterday."

Unagi bends over and looks, "Huh, I guess after eating Lassr, they needed a Lite meal."

The villagers groan, "Really?" Newcastle says.

"Oh come now, that was funny." Unagi protests.

Newcastle glares at Unagi, "We need to vote."
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 15069
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Game On!

Post by Lassr » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:02 pm

Votes:
1. Isgrimnur-
2. El Guapo -
3. Newcastle
4. Holman
5. Unagi -
6. Lassr - eaten
7. Scoop -
8. Punisher - stabbed
9. Drazzil -
10. Lagom Lite - Swedish Meatballs
11. RMC - Scooped


7 remain. Majority is 4.
Current Vote Totals:


Scoop -
Holman -
Isgrminur -
Unagi -
Newcastle -
Drazzil -
El Guapo -
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Drazzil
Posts: 3071
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:54 pm

Re: Game On!

Post by Drazzil » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:51 pm

Lassr wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:01 pm
The morning sun rises and the villagers gather at the town center. Holman rushes in, out of breath, "I found a body, or what's left of one!" The villagers follow him into the woods and there lays a mangled mess.
"Who was it?" Drazzil inquires.

Isgrimnur bends down, "I think it was the Swedish visitor, Lagom", He picks a pocket watch out of the mess, "I believe I saw him with this yesterday."

Unagi bends over and looks, "Huh, I guess after eating Lassr, they needed a Lite meal."

The villagers groan, "Really?" Newcastle says.

"Oh come now, that was funny." Unagi protests.

Newcastle glares at Unagi, "We need to vote."
*sighs and shakes his head*
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Game On!

Post by Newcastle » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:07 am

  unagi  
 



as promised
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
Lagom Lite
Posts: 3067
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:18 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden

Re: Game On!

Post by Lagom Lite » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:09 am

:binky:
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?


"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club

Fellowship of the Ring I
Fellowship of the Ring II

User avatar
Holman
Posts: 21266
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: Game On!

Post by Holman » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:24 am

A miss today basically means we lose the game.

We would wake up tomorrow with three villagers and two wolves. As soon as any villager placed a vote on another villager, the wolves could pounce and nail it down.

If we still have a seer, maybe they should reveal today?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 17331
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Game On!

Post by Unagi » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:34 am

Newcastle wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:07 am
  unagi  
 



as promised
:roll:
seriously.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 17331
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Game On!

Post by Unagi » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:39 am

Holman wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:07 pm
I'm willing to take RMC to N-1. Newcastle has a point.
 Remove Newcastle 
 

 RMC 
 
So, Holman - I would like to point this out again - as you didn't feel like answering me it seems.

You had your vote on Newcastle and after I posted my reasoning for the RMC vote, you posted the above.

When I read that, it made me think that you weren't really paying attention to even your own Newcastle vote or to who I was, and that perhaps you looked at us all the same - just all not wolves.

Just bothered me. I'd love to hear you explain it away.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 17331
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Game On!

Post by Unagi » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:44 am

Holman wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:24 am
If we still have a seer, maybe they should reveal today?
I tend to agree, but they should let people post a little and let people kinda speak about their inclinations, just in the event it matters after a reveal.

User avatar
Holman
Posts: 21266
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: Game On!

Post by Holman » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:12 am

Unagi wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:39 am
Holman wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:07 pm
I'm willing to take RMC to N-1. Newcastle has a point.
 Remove Newcastle 
 

 RMC 
 
So, Holman - I would like to point this out again - as you didn't feel like answering me it seems.
In short, I thought Newcastle was smart in pointing out your opportunism.

(And I think "as you didn't feel like answering me it seems" is perhaps another example of it.)
You had your vote on Newcastle and after I posted my reasoning for the RMC vote, you posted the above.

When I read that, it made me think that you weren't really paying attention to even your own Newcastle vote or to who I was, and that perhaps you looked at us all the same - just all not wolves.

Just bothered me. I'd love to hear you explain it away.
I freely admit I have no grand theory of this particular game. The wolves--unless one of them is Scoop or Newcastle--are doing a good job of flying under the radar.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 32678
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Game On!

Post by El Guapo » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:38 am

Newcastle wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:07 am
  unagi  
 



as promised
What's your case against Unagi?

I would say I'm still most wary of Isgrimnur, though I'm still calibrating him on the scale of "low key wolf" vs. "villager with little time to participate". I feel reasonably good about Scoop not being a wolf (which of course virtually guarantees that he is). Newcastle if he's a wolf has balls of steel, but then I'm not sure that I've ever been in a game with Newcastle as a wolf - if he is, then presumably they decided early on for him to be aggressive and the other wolf to be laid back and more quiet.

Setting aside Scoop and Newcastle at least for now, that would leave two wolves in Isgrimnur / Holman / Unagi / Drazzil.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Game On!

Post by Newcastle » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:25 am

El Guapo wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:38 am
Newcastle wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:07 am
  unagi  
 



as promised
What's your case against Unagi?

UNAGI
Same argument as grund really, after a certain day you have to suspect why they've survived this long.

-Why wouldn't a wolf go after Unagi and kill him straight away on night 1 or 2? I know I would go after him, because historically Unagi has been really, really good at this stuff. And can usually do some of the heavy lifting for the village. Have you seen that this game? This seems more "hey i'm your pal unagi"...rather let's snifff out these wolves and take em down. Doesn't that seem odd to you?

-what train did he lead? Who has he pointed too...this is gloves off unagi.

-I've bragged about how Unagi has a few tells right? Well a while back I told Unagi what one of them was. He's by far doing his best to tamper down that tell....in a way that seems really, really suspicious. Secondly they others are starting percolate a bit. (this is my own 2 cents, but it's helping me feel good about unagi)

-if good unagi has a shelf life of 2-3 days...why hasn't he played like that and tried to make the most of it? This is...flexible unagi...lets go with the flow rather than let's find wolves.


-Scoop -
a. i dont like how he turned on a dime from the lagom & bullseye comment and then went to RMC (following lagom's lead in effect)...so he goes from your top suspect to someone who you are following. Doesn't add up logically. I am usually very flexible in these games, but this was waffle flip of a flop.
b. early in the game (day 1) scoop & i communicated. I playfully made an offer to him along the lines "lets go crazy with our playstyle and "fuck this shit up"". In a good way really, more to have fun..super fun RPing type of stuff. His response was..."can you withstand the heat?" It wasn't "cool lets do it" or "nah i am gonna do my own thing". it was more...can i take the heat. Now dig into that question a bit...why would he care if I could withstand the heat? It almost felt like he was probing to see if i was the seer. Why would he care about that? If you are an innocent villager, your prime directive is to protect the seer and keep em hidden.
c. see scoop's team mates comment w/ Unagi. That seems weird. I'll dig up the quote. Could he state it in a way to be ballsy maybe...but how does he really know unagi is good.

general thoughts
-Also, look along the lines of participation. Wolves tend to be active and involved to various degrees. (see scoop & unagi). This 1 quiet wolf & 1 loud wolf, is sometimes true, but not always. You can always have 2 active wolves.
-Bored villagers tend to be low key and not really into playing at times (this is how i see izzie & el guapo[if they are wolves, and they do win..it will not be a brilliant method, but really low key]). I think this is also what got RMC. He was bored and low key, people read into that he was "shifty".
-holman strikes me as human trying to flounder through this mess.
-i am giving a massive pass to drazzil this game (newbie's first time, much rather he have fun and enjoy the process than feeling the vote train bearing down on him). He could say..."hey i am a wolf, lynch me" and I would let him slide. Doesnt mean he shouldn't be lynched...just means i am not gonna jump on a train on him anytime soon.

-holman - active and participating...but i see him more as a villager.


So ...my vote is on unagi/scoop today. Dont care which one...i prefer by far unagi.....

So to reiterate...

  unagi  
 
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Game On!

Post by Newcastle » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:28 am

Then it comes to the question:

why lagom?
why lassr?

Did the wolves think they were the seer? What were they thinking? Were they planning on how to figure out the end game?



Next question:
IF UNAGI IS GOOD-why did I survive the night? It would have been sooooo easy to take me out last night (people knew i was coming at Unagi) and then pin the blame of my death on unagi...BAM pressure is on Unagi. Village does wolves dirty work. Or you could let both of us survive (if unagi good) and let us tear into each other.

So why Lagom? Why not Unagi? Why not someone else?
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 17331
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Game On!

Post by Unagi » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:46 am

Wow, so you don't see how your declaration that I was going to be the guy that you gunned for all day long is the reason why they don't feel like they need to kill me?

Also - to correct you a little here.

You told me that I had a tell (this was ages ago now) and you never once told me WHAT that tell was at all. Not at all dude - you didn't tell me what my tell was, you told me that I had a tell. Actually I think you sorta said it was some vague thing that you couldn't describe well, but you didn't say "You always X Y Z" - till this day I have no idea what you think my 'tell' is.

I'm totally confused by you. I thought you were doing this (in the PM you sent me) as a joke, or then I thought maybe you were doing it as a way to keep me alive for what ever reason - but until now I wasn't really sure at all what to make of your declarations. This is very weird.

I pointed my finger at RMC twice. I pointed it at Punisher for not voting. I pointed it at Drazzil for sounding like he thought Lagom was a villager while he was also proclaiming that he thought Lagom was a wolf. I pointed at Lagom for his bullseye comment. I pointed it at Issy and El Guapo for being in the shadows too much.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Game On!

Post by Newcastle » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:53 am

-You're too dangerous to be left alive as an opponent to wolves (general rule of thumb).

-But you are right there is a train of thought to have 2 villagers (if Good unagi & newcastle) go after it. But is that the best strategic move, when one of those is a very sharp tool in the shed and the other is a neon nerf gun? Very risky move then.

-i did tell you your tell. We both know we had that conversation. And you are masking it like hell this game, kind of overcompensating.

-that's a lot of lazy finger pointing though that you have flacidly pointed at. Also, the RMC case was super light.
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Game On!

Post by Newcastle » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:55 am

Why not kill you, then pin the blame on me? Very valid tactic there.

Much easier road to hew than risk the case of unagi V. newcastle and we both change our minds and go elsewhere.
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 17331
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Game On!

Post by Unagi » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:59 am

So you are just some idiot player, is that what you are trying to say.

and honestly, can't for the life of me remember what you said my tell was and I think that's because you didn't really have something... I feel like you said it was that "I really go for it as a wolf against someone else" or something like that, but I recall thinking at the time that what ever you said my tell was, was just something I did when I was both a villager and a wolf. And I'm not saying the above is really what you said, but it was something like that, and I didn't even have a plan 'to mask it'.

You are making me want to go back and see if all those old PMs are still there... but I think we are taking people down a road they don't need to take.

Sufice to say - you think I am hiding my tell. Roger.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Game On!

Post by Newcastle » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:00 pm

Unagi wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:49 am
Personally, I'm ok with either RMC or Issy today.


I'll go back to my day 1 choice of RMC.

 RMC 
 
-Vote 3 on the RMC train...super safe place....

-and this was a very, very convincing unagi like argument. "i'm ok with...."; you don think, you dont conclude, you dont surmise...youre ok with? flacciiiiiiiddddddd :D

Where's the action jackson Unagi wolf sniffer we've all come to know and love?
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 61440
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Chookity pok
Contact:
Isgrimnur’s avatar
Offline

Re: Game On!

Post by Isgrimnur » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:01 pm

I can jump on a  newcastle 
 
train.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Game On!

Post by Newcastle » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:02 pm

Unagi wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:59 am
So you are just some idiot player, is that what you are trying to say.

and honestly, can't for the life of me remember what you said my tell was and I think that's because you didn't really have something... I feel like you said it was that "I really go for it as a wolf against someone else" or something like that, but I recall thinking at the time that what ever you said my tell was, was just something I did when I was both a villager and a wolf. And I'm not saying the above is really what you said, but it was something like that, and I didn't even have a plan 'to mask it'.

You are making me want to go back and see if all those old PMs are still there... but I think we are taking people down a road they don't need to take.

Sufice to say - you think I am hiding my tell. Roger.
-compare to you in the wolf sniffing department...yes..

-i am perfectly willing to discuss other options Unagi; in fact I would love :wub: to see a thorough unagi analysis.
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Game On!

Post by Newcastle » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:02 pm

Isgrimnur wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:01 pm
I can jump on a  newcastle 
 
train.
welcome to the party izzy :dance:
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 61440
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Chookity pok
Contact:
Isgrimnur’s avatar
Offline

Re: Game On!

Post by Isgrimnur » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:18 pm

What did I miss? :shifty:

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 15069
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Game On!

Post by Lassr » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:18 pm

Votes:
1. Isgrimnur-Newcastle
2. El Guapo -
3. Newcastle-Unagi
4. Holman
5. Unagi -
6. Lassr - eaten
7. Scoop -
8. Punisher - stabbed
9. Drazzil -
10. Lagom Lite - Swedish Meatballs
11. RMC - Scooped


7 remain. Majority is 4.
Current Vote Totals:


Scoop -
Holman -
Isgrminur -
Unagi -1
Newcastle - 1
Drazzil -
El Guapo -
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 17331
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Game On!

Post by Unagi » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:41 am

Newcastle wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:28 am
Next question:
IF UNAGI IS GOOD-why did I survive the night? It would have been sooooo easy to take me out last night (people knew i was coming at Unagi) and then pin the blame of my death on unagi...BAM pressure is on Unagi.
Dude - stop it. You know that is more or less the most obvious 'set up' ever and most villagers would question such an vote handed to them on a plate like that. This is why everyone thought Lagom was weird for being worried he'd be blamed for Lassr's death.

But according to your case against me, if I am good, they should have said "Let's kill Newcastle, and then everyone will totally blame Unagi. That should be easy!" But since they killed Lagom, then I'm a witch.

But wait, look at what you created... You created the "I'm going to try with all my power to lynch Unagi tomorrow, and if I don't get killed tonight - that's probably the best reason yet to do it."

Sorry wolf. That's clever - but contrived as hell.


In fact, I wonder if I forced your hand when I actually thought you would kill me last night and try and say "OMG, I would never have done that as a wolf, I'd have looked guilty as hell!"
Unagi wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:13 pm
Newcastle wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:12 am
Just saying I am all in on Unagi tomorrow. ALL IN!

Who's with me?
By the way people - if I die tonight , DO NOT let this comment from Newcastle clear him in your books.
And I believe most villagers naturally fear that 'gotcha' and that has made it a rule of thumb for villagers to hold back on such 'declarations' at night. You, however, seem to have (had) a strategy in mind and were trying hard to get on record before any night killing took place, and apparently never once thought about how, as a villager - you could just be used for that comment ? I wonder why.

You have been on fire this entire game, and I think you have taken on the "MC wolf" role that is actually your MO. Balls of steel indeed.


 Newcastle 
 

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Game On!

Post by Newcastle » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:59 am

Welcome to the game canine-unagi!


So, if i am a wolf...per your belief...who's my partner? Who are you going after tomorrow?
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 32678
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Game On!

Post by El Guapo » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:11 am

ugh, this is the part of the game where I always get frustrated because things are complicated and I don't have much time to figure everything out to my satisfaction. But sans a deus ex seer-ina, I guess I will have to take a stab at it.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Game On!

Post by Newcastle » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:16 am

Unagi wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:41 am
Newcastle wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:28 am
Next question:
IF UNAGI IS GOOD-why did I survive the night? It would have been sooooo easy to take me out last night (people knew i was coming at Unagi) and then pin the blame of my death on unagi...BAM pressure is on Unagi.
Dude - stop it. You know that is more or less the most obvious 'set up' ever and most villagers would question such an vote handed to them on a plate like that. This is why everyone thought Lagom was weird for being worried he'd be blamed for Lassr's death.

But according to your case against me, if I am good, they should have said "Let's kill Newcastle, and then everyone will totally blame Unagi. That should be easy!" But since they killed Lagom, then I'm a witch.

But wait, look at what you created... You created the "I'm going to try with all my power to lynch Unagi tomorrow, and if I don't get killed tonight - that's probably the best reason yet to do it."
/jeopardy music wafts in
/Camera zooms in an languidly relaxed newcastle
/Gives a nod to Sir Alex Trebek

"Yes Alex, I will take Captain obvious for 1000"

"Oh great choice Newcastle!" Trebek replied "The answer is Unagi and not Lagom or Newcastle"


Newcastle replies "Who would the wolves prioritize for a night kill?"

-the real question is...why would a pair of wolves let you live between a choice of Unagi, Newcastle or Lagom? It's not that i survived the night because "i declared" you as my target. Who's got the better wolf sniffer? Unagi or Newcastle or Lagom?

-no offense to lagom...but it's not him...he's better at being a wolf..he can be easily elusive
-me no, i am way better at being a wolf, than a detective
-now we come to unagi...unagi is best at being the wolf sniffer V. being a wolf.


And I believe most villagers naturally fear that 'gotcha' and that has made it a rule of thumb for villagers to hold back on such 'declarations' at night. You, however, seem to have (had) a strategy in mind and were trying hard to get on record before any night killing took place, and apparently never once thought about how, as a villager - you could just be used for that comment ? I wonder why.
for starters....because you're a wolf unagi....

Because if I did die last night, then it would throw a massive bullseye on you unagi. That's why. And as wolf unagi the question is "Do i take out villager -newcastle at night because he is coming after me tomorrow? Or do I let him live and try to fend him off when I prefer 'lagom' " as a target? If I take him out, might get people upset and so far no one is coming after me but him. If he dies, then others might sniff around me. ?"

If say the wolf pairing is elguapo/izzie or something....they then validly can think " i can take out newcastle and we can put the heat on Unagi" or I take out Unagi and the village goes after newcastle" or i leave them to bicker and I take out lagom. BUT>.....the downside to that is they leave Unagi - the feared wolf sniffer of them all...alive.

-You have been on fire this entire game, and I think you have taken on the "MC wolf" role that is actually your MO. Balls of steel indeed.
Hah! Frankly I am happy I wasn't lynched on day 1, because it's been a while since I've been to the end game. It feels good to be alive and playing!
 Newcastle 
 
Lets rock! :dance: :tjg: :pop: :coffee: :mrgreen:
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 32678
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Game On!

Post by El Guapo » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:22 am

Newcastle wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:28 am
Then it comes to the question:

why lagom?
why lassr?

Did the wolves think they were the seer? What were they thinking? Were they planning on how to figure out the end game?



Next question:
IF UNAGI IS GOOD-why did I survive the night? It would have been sooooo easy to take me out last night (people knew i was coming at Unagi) and then pin the blame of my death on unagi...BAM pressure is on Unagi. Village does wolves dirty work. Or you could let both of us survive (if unagi good) and let us tear into each other.

So why Lagom? Why not Unagi? Why not someone else?
So I would say that the strong part of your case against Unagi is that I do kind of feel like I haven't seen the full on Unagi treatment yet (unless I've missed it). On that score I would be interested in hearing Unagi's answer to your question about who your wolf-partner might be (if you're a wolf).

The part above seems like the weak part of your argument. There are a number of ways that wolves might respond to "I'm going to drive a train on Player X tomorrow!". If you and Unagi were both good, they might well leave both of you alone to encourage the fight (in this scenario they would see one villager promising to go after another, which is all to the good for them). And if one of you were a wolf, I'm not sure why both of you surviving would point towards Unagi being a wolf rather than you. A wolf Newcastle (Wolfcastle, if you will) saying he's going to go after Villager Unagi and then night killing Villager Unagi would at least draw a spotlight of sorts on Wolfcastle. Similarly if VillagerCastle announces that he's going after Wolfnagi (Wolfunagi? Wolfagi?), killing VillagerCastle would put something of a spotlight on Wolfnagi. So it's not obvious to me that the wolves not night killing either of you is particularly useful information.

Actually what would be really awesome - and I kind of hope that this is the case - is if you're both wolves and this is all for show. That would be kind of amazing.

Anyway, on that score I would be interested in why you decided to announce your train on Unagi at the beginning of the night.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Game On!

Post by Newcastle » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:30 am

El Guapo-

-Why not if I have the firm belief he is a wolf. I am not the seer, i am a powerless villager. the only weapons I have is my voice.

-reason 2 I was actually trying to draw a bit of heat, so the wolves would consider targeting me in case the seer was alive and well they'd get another night (was worth a shot)
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Game On!

Post by Newcastle » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:36 am

Uhm Drazzil - if you are the SEER...TODAY is the day for you to reveal your information. Just saying. Even if it's a miss and an innocent...today is the day to say something. Every single villager will echo that sentiment. Any bit of data is helpful because we are at the end game!
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 32678
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Game On!

Post by El Guapo » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:37 am

Newcastle wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:30 am
El Guapo-

-Why not if I have the firm belief he is a wolf. I am not the seer, i am a powerless villager. the only weapons I have is my voice.

-reason 2 I was actually trying to draw a bit of heat, so the wolves would consider targeting me in case the seer was alive and well they'd get another night (was worth a shot)
In general I tend to think it's bad for the villagers to post at night. All that does is give the wolves more information when they're making their night kill decisions. I don't know if this would move the needle on the wolves' decision, but it seems like this type of thing lets them make more informed strategic decisions.

Unless your post was part of a ruse, but then that raises the question of whether it's a villager ruse or a wolf ruse.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 17331
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Game On!

Post by Unagi » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:17 pm

Newcastle wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:59 am
Welcome to the game canine-unagi!


So, if i am a wolf...per your belief...who's my partner? Who are you going after tomorrow?
I honestly have a few running theories, but they don't all hing on you being a wolf - sorry.

If you are trying to get me killed today, and you are - then I don't need to care all that much if you are a wolf, because I would certainly rather trade my life for yours.
If we are both a miss, it's because you can't lose your boner for me.

I was leaning Issy, but he started on you - so now I don't know. If you turn up wolf, then Issy doesn't look nearly as bad.
I was leaning Holman as a good guy, but he seems to me to have really like the idea you were working on the RMC vote (doubled down on calling me opportunistic for questioning him on it), but was also the one that took it to N-1 - so I don't know how someone could do that in 1 single breath like he did. Perhaps I'm totally missing his point, otherwise his play has been pretty 'good guy' to me.
Scoop - it could be Scoop, but I would seriously not expect the two of you to contact me and discuss your contacts with the other, etc. I don't see Scoop as your partner. But I don't have anything that makes me clear Scoop. I also didn't like his comment that he felt we were on the same side.
El Guapo - could be a if not Issy, then El Guapo thing. Could be both of them too.

not Drazzil, I believe drazzil is a villager.

My skills to sniff out wolves mostly stem from finding people who I have decided most certainly are NOT the wolf. And I just don't have that feeling for hardly anyone at this juncture. Sorry.

I do think that once there is a wolf found that a lot more will be clear. I think I could actually learn a bit from you being lynched and finally knowing what your game was about and then perhaps be better able to understand what other players reactions to your play could mean.

Post Reply