Fundraising for 2019/2020. 12 Month renewal is up Oct 21/2019. $382.44 USD of roughly $1700 USD (CDN conversion) as of Aug 13/2019. Paypal Donation Link Here

Game On!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Game On!

Post by Newcastle » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:59 am

Isgrimnur wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:55 am
 Newcastle 
 
Izzie - think about it...why is unagi still alive? Why leave someone like that? You've been around enough to know how good he is...and he is the seer...and he's given us jack over the course of 3 full days!!!!!!

My guess is they spotted the seer on night 1 or 2; am guessing it was lagom.

Pull off your vote, or this loss is on you! Slap it on Unagi.

What do you want to hear to convince you?

(am trying for a last ditch save for the village)
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 61120
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Chookity pok
Contact:
Isgrimnur’s avatar
Snooze

Re: Game On!

Post by Isgrimnur » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:00 pm

Tally has been reached. It's all over for the day except the bookkeeping.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Game On!

Post by Newcastle » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:00 pm

PS - When i am a wolf...i take out unagi by night 2. That's my MO, because as a wolf (when i am a wolf) he scares the bejeezus out of me.

I would NOT let him live this long. NOT.
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Game On!

Post by Newcastle » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:01 pm

Nope can still withdraw
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Game On!

Post by Newcastle » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:02 pm

I thought he posted here somewhere that you can withdraw up until he posts the final kill. Just withdraw your vote. if i am wrong, i am wrong.
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Game "almost" On. Awaiting all PMs to be read.

Post by Newcastle » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:03 pm

Remus West wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:13 am
All roles have been opened. The game is a foot. Wait. Nope. That was just a small piece of kinetickid. The game is at hand.....er...well.....my bad again. Game On! It is day. 6 votes needed to have majority. There is NO lock. This game is back to the way it began so if you get more than the required number of votes but they are withdrawn before I check back in then you survive and we continue the game. Also, PMs are available at any time to anyone.

Votes:
1. Isgrimnur
2. El Guapo
3. Newcastle
4. Holman
5. Unagi
6. Lassr
7. Scoop
8. Punisher
9. Drazzil
10. Lagom Lite
11. RMC

Vote Totals:
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Game On!

Post by Newcastle » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:05 pm

Look at how EL G pounced after you dropped that vote. That's a pure wolf move!
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 32613
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Game On!

Post by El Guapo » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:07 pm

Newcastle wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:51 am
El guapo is teh final wolf.

Saying it now, saying it proud!

Unagi & El Guapo!

Its a loss folks.
Interesting. That's making me feel better about my decision.

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 32613
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Game On!

Post by El Guapo » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:11 pm

Newcastle wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:59 am
Isgrimnur wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:55 am
 Newcastle 
 
Izzie - think about it...why is unagi still alive? Why leave someone like that? You've been around enough to know how good he is...and he is the seer...and he's given us jack over the course of 3 full days!!!!!!

My guess is they spotted the seer on night 1 or 2; am guessing it was lagom.
Well, the first part isn't really true - he's given us a wolf (you) on day (night) 3. He apparently missed on the first two scans, but that doesn't seem shocking even for Unagi - day / night 1 especially there really isn't much to go on.

And there's no mechanism for the wolves to detect the seer in this game, and more importantly no way for them to know whether they have detected or killed the seer. Which makes claiming seer a shot in the dark, which seems risky. Unagi was under some fire from you, but not really anywhere else, which would make it a pretty aggressive wolf move. Not impossible, but unlikely.

I do apologize if I'm wrong, but this does seem like the best bet.

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 61120
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Chookity pok
Contact:
Isgrimnur’s avatar
Snooze

Re: Game On!

Post by Isgrimnur » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:12 pm

Newcastle wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:02 pm
I thought he posted here somewhere that you can withdraw up until he posts the final kill. Just withdraw your vote. if i am wrong, i am wrong.
Nah, I'm good.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Game On!

Post by Newcastle » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:14 pm

Isgrimnur wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:12 pm
Newcastle wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:02 pm
I thought he posted here somewhere that you can withdraw up until he posts the final kill. Just withdraw your vote. if i am wrong, i am wrong.
Nah, I'm good.
Alright on you.
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
Remus West
Posts: 32907
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 5:39 pm
Location: Not in Westland

Re: Game On!

Post by Remus West » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:39 pm

1. Isgrimnur - Newcastle
2. El Guapo - Newcastle
3. Newcastle - Unagi
4. Holman - strewn
5. Unagi - Newcastle
6. Lassr - eaten
7. Scoop - carried off by ants
8. Punisher - stabbed
9. Drazzil -
10. Lagom Lite - Swedish Meatballs
11. RMC - Scooped


5 remain. Majority is 3.
Current Vote Totals:

Isgrminur -
Unagi - 1
Newcastle - 3
Drazzil -
El Guapo -


Should be correct. As always, check my work.

El Guapo picked up a sharpened stick and stabbed it through Newcastle's skull just as he shouted "Why is Unagi still alive???" His corpse hit the ground in a bloody tattered mess and the group gathered around to watch and see what they felt had to be his transformation. Unagi knelt by the body and gently cradled the ruined skull in his hands. "I'm still alive because El Guapo would never kill his partner in the night."

With that El Guapo and Unagi both grinned and turned their lengthening fangs towards Isgrimnur and Drazzil. As the pair turned to run they were cut down by the enormous wolves and devoured.

WOLVES WIN!

El Guapo and Unagi were the wolves.
RMC was the Seer.

Which points out that villages should NEVER "scoop" anyone and also begs the question as to why Scoop led the train to lynch RMC given that Scoop was the first scan and RMC knew he was human. Did he never contact Scoop?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 61120
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Chookity pok
Contact:
Isgrimnur’s avatar
Snooze

Re: Game On!

Post by Isgrimnur » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:41 pm

Ah, well. Good game, wolves.

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 15059
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Game On!

Post by Lassr » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:54 pm

Newcastle, great game. Except for the scoop fascination you were on point. Seer should never come out on the last day. I was on unagi early and it's good he killed me on night one. He was my #1 guess to Remus after I died. Issy (Not Holamn as I originally typed) and lagom rounded out my top 3. El guapo would have been a tough find except for his pounce
at the end.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Lassr on Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Game On!

Post by Newcastle » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:29 pm

Congratulations Unagi & El Guapo. You deserve the win, well played. Seriously well done. :mrgreen:

I am curious why you folks took out holman at the end. I can see why keeping me alive for the last day fall guy. Interesting strategic choice.

My mind flipped on El G. at the start of this last day (to him being a wolf), but my focus was to try to logically refute Unagi-seer wolf's actions. It's kind of hard to reason with a village when 1 is MIA, therefore it was really 2 wolf voices V. my own to try to sway Issie. I dont blame Izzie in this. Wish he would have listened a bit more. But the game had draggggggeddddd on.

El G I had trusted implicitly throughout :doh: because I was obsessed w/ trying to nail Unagi near the end. And the scoop detour didn't help and i aided that. I had exchanged a series of PM's early in the game Day 2ish & 3ish w/ El Guapo, and I said I trusted him implicitly (at that time I did thinking it was a combination of holman/scoop/unagi as the wolf pairing).

I KNEW UNAGI was a wolf so my focus was trying to cut him down as much as possible. So I wasn't looking too hard or critically for wolf #2. I was thinking Unagi was wolf #1 and Scoop/Holman as wolf #2. I was actually really bummed I'd nuked Scoop. But was hoping that I could somehow get a train on Unagi.

AND FOR FFFFFINS SAKES PEOPLE...WHEN I SAY UNAGI is a WOLF ...PLEASE, PLEASE LISTEN TO ME!!! Those tells, are my my ace in this game- and just think its a weigh to balance our own little the WW universe; every superman (unagi) needs their kryptonite (me) for when they turn rogue!

Congratulations again to the wolves, and may my femur bone stick in your craw and you choke on it! :D :mrgreen:
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 15059
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Game On!

Post by Lassr » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:31 pm

And someone mentioned it earlier, yes I was drawing attention to myself with all the PM's since I was just a villager. I was still developing my strategy when I was killed. My plan was to start letting some know who I was pm'ing when I could get a feel for who to trust. So I did pm a wolf (El guapo) and that have put a Target on my back.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 32613
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Game On!

Post by El Guapo » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:46 pm

What a twist!

Yeah, that was a fun game. Apparently we got lucky with the village lynching the seer. Unagi came up with the idea of faking the seer early and PM'ing Drazzil about it. We deliberated for awhile, before ultimately settling on "what the hell".

Also I really wasn't sure how to handle the "votes can be revoked" policy at the end. Made it kind of difficult to figure out how to do the final vote, given that casting the final kill vote under any circumstances is bound to be at least a little suspicious. Feels a bit like it encourages meta-gaming strategy, insofar as I figured the ideal way to go about it would be to figure out Remus's log-in patterns and cast the kill vote shortly before I anticipated him being on (and ideally at a time when Isgrimnur would not be on). But then I wasn't sure whether anyone was aware of that rule change (rule reversion, I guess) so I figured I'd just do it and see what happened.

User avatar
Scoop20906
Posts: 11437
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 3:50 pm
Location: Stafford, VA
scoop20906’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Game On!

Post by Scoop20906 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:05 pm


Which points out that villages should NEVER "scoop" anyone and also begs the question as to why Scoop led the train to lynch RMC given that Scoop was the first scan and RMC knew he was human. Did he never contact Scoop?
WHAT?!??!??!!?!??!???



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906

User avatar
Scoop20906
Posts: 11437
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 3:50 pm
Location: Stafford, VA
scoop20906’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Game On!

Post by Scoop20906 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:07 pm

Fun game but what an utter disaster for the village. We are REALLY out of practice.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906

Drazzil
Posts: 3065
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:54 pm

Re: Game On!

Post by Drazzil » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:51 pm

I should've figured I was being played. GG Wolves.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 32613
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Game On!

Post by El Guapo » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:05 pm

Newcastle wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:29 pm
Congratulations Unagi & El Guapo. You deserve the win, well played. Seriously well done. :mrgreen:

I am curious why you folks took out holman at the end. I can see why keeping me alive for the last day fall guy. Interesting strategic choice.

My mind flipped on El G. at the start of this last day (to him being a wolf), but my focus was to try to logically refute Unagi-seer wolf's actions. It's kind of hard to reason with a village when 1 is MIA, therefore it was really 2 wolf voices V. my own to try to sway Issie. I dont blame Izzie in this. Wish he would have listened a bit more. But the game had draggggggeddddd on.

El G I had trusted implicitly throughout :doh: because I was obsessed w/ trying to nail Unagi near the end. And the scoop detour didn't help and i aided that. I had exchanged a series of PM's early in the game Day 2ish & 3ish w/ El Guapo, and I said I trusted him implicitly (at that time I did thinking it was a combination of holman/scoop/unagi as the wolf pairing).

I KNEW UNAGI was a wolf so my focus was trying to cut him down as much as possible. So I wasn't looking too hard or critically for wolf #2. I was thinking Unagi was wolf #1 and Scoop/Holman as wolf #2. I was actually really bummed I'd nuked Scoop. But was hoping that I could somehow get a train on Unagi.

AND FOR FFFFFINS SAKES PEOPLE...WHEN I SAY UNAGI is a WOLF ...PLEASE, PLEASE LISTEN TO ME!!! Those tells, are my my ace in this game- and just think its a weigh to balance our own little the WW universe; every superman (unagi) needs their kryptonite (me) for when they turn rogue!

Congratulations again to the wolves, and may my femur bone stick in your craw and you choke on it! :D :mrgreen:
Well, with you staying alive as the fall guy it was either Holman or Isgrimnur. Unagi favored Holman from the beginning; I deliberated a bit but ultimately figured that Isgrimnur was more likely to vote for you next day than Holman.

FWIW I was able to figure out from the very beginning that Unagi was a wolf. :wink:

User avatar
RMC
Posts: 6379
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:49 pm
Location: Elyria, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Game On!

Post by RMC » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:03 pm

I was never used to the you can message people thing.

And it was over the 4th of July holiday, I didn't think I would get scooped over the holiday.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat

User avatar
RMC
Posts: 6379
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:49 pm
Location: Elyria, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Game On!

Post by RMC » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:04 pm

Scoop20906 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:05 pm

Which points out that villages should NEVER "scoop" anyone and also begs the question as to why Scoop led the train to lynch RMC given that Scoop was the first scan and RMC knew he was human. Did he never contact Scoop?
WHAT?!??!??!!?!??!???



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I sent you a message after you died. You didn't reply... It hurt my feelings.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 17316
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Game On!

Post by Unagi » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:31 pm

Remus West wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:39 pm

RMC was the Seer.

LOLs THAT is very funny. I actually was leaning that it was Lagom.



Drazzil is honorary wolf! I demand that we didn't kill him and rather converted him into the pack!


And I'd like to make a few little statements.

First - good game folks, and thanks for running it.

Second, I didn't take advantage of Drazzil at all. I never once directed his vote and I only asked that he consider I was the Seer. I think his 'mistep' with sharing my information seems to some of you as 'part of the plan', but really I just wanted to keep everyone from joining Newcastle on an Unagi train, and was considering killing off Drazzil on the following night (and never actually even letting anyone know).


Third, IF I WAS THE SEER (and I really did try to pretend to myself I was) - I would have INDEED played it this way too. Certainly I didn't see Newcastles 'reason' for me to come out as being remotely valid. Honestly. What would the Seer have gained from announcing his identity yesterday? I didn't feel like making a big case about it in game - but I will now - There is no value in my coming out after you all a) were given the scan. and b) already more or less thought you knew who the Seer was. Scoop wasn't wrong in that opinion, IMO.


And I dare say that a Newcastle-Wolf may VERY WELL have found it hard to make me a Night-Kill and still survive the next day, and so trying to just get me lynched was indeed something I could see me (as a Seer) being forced to defend from a Wolf-Newcastle.

Fourth: "Why is Unagi still alive?!" Now I realize that arguements seems to make sense now in hind-sight, but the argument is assinine. Ask Grund. Oh no wait, he grew tired of that being the arguement played against him and stopped playing.

I target people who I think are SEERS when I am a wolf. I don't target Newcastle because he says "flacid" all the time. I dont target RMC because he's the devil. I don't target Lassr because he is good (he is). I target who I think is the SEER. Until I think the SEER is dead. and then it's about End-Game and that doesn't lead to any 'automatic' list of people either.

Lassr died because he seemed to vote like me, a wolf... and I was voting in a way that I thought was totally valid and how I would play normally... Day 1 - vote for either someone that isn't playing OR vote for someone you feel has a history for not being voted off at the end.

Lagom died because of the "Bullseye" statement.


rules comment:
Should NEVER be allowed to post the exact PMs of other players.

Votes should be final at N. No taking votes back. I don't think 'players' even want that... It's hard enough it seems to get anyone to N-2, N-1, N.... to think that we would walk it back down, etc - just seems like a horrible way to play and I'm glad it never creeped into our game. Kudos to Izzy for not doing it (and I don't mean that as a joke).

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 17316
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Game On!

Post by Unagi » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:34 pm

Drazzil wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:51 pm
I should've figured I was being played. GG Wolves.
HARDLY - You nearly ruined EVERYTHING! :evil:

Just Kidding..

but honestly - - - you had made yourself onto the "Good Guy" list and I needed to address that.


The irony now that you were actually the one to give me the Seer role (by killing RMC before he could tell us he was the Seer) is weird.

I 'confidently' claimed Seer under completely the wrong thought....
Last edited by Unagi on Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 17316
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Game On!

Post by Unagi » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:36 pm

Lassr wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:54 pm
Newcastle, great game. Except for the scoop fascination you were on point. Seer should never come out on the last day. I was on unagi early and it's good he killed me on night one. He was my #1 guess to Remus after I died. Holman and lagom rounded out my top 3. El guapo would have been a tough find except for his pounce
at the end.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Newcastle won't like this but - ya see Newcastle (* one can actually go and verify this) ALWAYS says I'm a wolf - so when I am , he is always right.... but you sir... you - you do actually tend to peg me.

So, while I took you out because I thought you were the Seer, I know I also wanted you just gone too.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 17316
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Game On!

Post by Unagi » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:44 pm

Newcastle wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:29 pm
I am curious why you folks took out holman at the end. I can see why keeping me alive for the last day fall guy. Interesting strategic choice.
There were very few options. Issy wasn't playing so I used that... Holman would have given it more thought.... I sent El Guapo this PM, and we made our choices from that:
I am thinking of setting up this stage:

MORNING:

Dead: Holman

Living:
You, Me, Drazzil, Newcastle and Izzy.

My Scan was:
A) Newcastle is a wolf and has had his whole goal been to avoid the lynch on day 1. Izzy joins cause he doesn't know if maybe you are the 2nd wolf. Same with you.

B) You are Human. Drazzil and you have PMs privately as humans, discussing your trust in me and we all vote for the obvious to people that are wolves eventually. Drazzil may be freaked out by the 'silver platter' nature of this win? also the two 'Wolve' (Izzy and Newcatle) will be crying bloody murder.

C) Issy is Human. See above, but I'd need to make them want to kill Newcastle Wolf before El Guaop Wolf. I don't like this idea.

D) Issy is Wolf. Complicated Issy complaining, Newcastle already hating me, and Drazzil wondering what is up.

E) Newcastle is Human. Also complicated. Would put You and Izzy as Wolves. I don't like this idead any more than the (C).

I like A the most.
I like B second.
I *REALLY* wanted to like choice E) - but yeah - as much as I'd love to know how that would have gone down, I wouldn't have risked that.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 17316
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Game On!

Post by Unagi » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:51 pm

Newcastle wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:29 pm
AND FOR FFFFFINS SAKES PEOPLE...WHEN I SAY UNAGI is a WOLF ...PLEASE, PLEASE LISTEN TO ME!!! Those tells, are my my ace in this game- and just think its a weigh to balance our own little the WW universe; every superman (unagi) needs their
No, this would not be fun, fair, or right.


For one thing. You sit here and "praise" my game as a Villager and say that the universe needs balance and that I must not be allowed to be good as a wolf? What kind of an asshole comment is that?

I mean it.


I don't know if I am nearly as good as you say. And I'm also pretty sure that your 'tell' is false... and I only say that because I've played all of like 2 games in 4 years. and my play style has never really gelled... Go back and read my games from 5 years back, and I can just simply GUARANTEE YOU that I just simply don't/can't play like that.


So, yes - while it would be annoying to "have a tell" and yes "it's utterly obnoxious in the way that you command that claim" I honesly just don't know what it would be that would have you THAT confident.... but - I'm happy you have something. Something "Unagi" to keep you happy at night. But honestly, it's become a massive turn-off for me.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 17316
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Game On!

Post by Unagi » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:51 pm

Scoop20906 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:05 pm

Which points out that villages should NEVER "scoop" anyone and also begs the question as to why Scoop led the train to lynch RMC given that Scoop was the first scan and RMC knew he was human. Did he never contact Scoop?
WHAT?!??!??!!?!??!???



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHOAA!

Yeah, cluster for the village.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 17316
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Game On!

Post by Unagi » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:13 pm

I FOUND IT


I found the PM from a good while back where Newcastle and I had a discussion after a game, and he claimed that I had a tell, and eventually wanted to share with me what it was.

So - Just so EVERYONE can be as Super-powered as Newcastle, (because it just wouldn't be fair if ONLY Newcastle was my kryptonite)

Without further adieu, one of our exchanges from 2 years ago, where in which Newcastle reveals my Tell to me:
Newcastle, July of 2017 wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Newcastle wrote:I am still on the fence revealing this...but I sent out the PM....so since I am busy today, i am going to come back to this tonight/next few days and look for specific examples that illustrate my point. But in a nutshell...and please, please dont take offense at this. I think your a swell guy and truly enjoy your "company"/presence on these forums.

So in a nutshell its this: you come across like a dick.

Very simple. I've been thinking how to say this as nicely as possible, but i figure direct is best. You act with impunity as if there are no consequences to your actions. I dont want to say a recklessness, maybe ruthlessness that's above and beyond good unagi. Its like you dont care if you are wrong. And your tone, and i can't stress this enough because this is the heart of what i pick up changes...to that of a "dick".

That's it. I'll try to find an example or two tonight or in the next couple of days.

Sorry, dont take offense to how i describe it. It's just thats how it comes across to me.
LOL
(it's much like that scene in X Men between Wolverine and Cyclops...)


First, I hope you aren't surprised to learn that I've always felt like you found me to be a dick, and hence why I've actively tried to engage you more recently... cause I'm really not.
Second - I am not offended as long as you still like me beyond that and take into account that I'm not. But- I'm probably guilty of coming across that way. I'm certain you aren't alone. heh.


I think in some ways, what you are describing is also partly what I was describing - Good Unagi doesn't mind being a dick about it. Bad Unagi says to himself more: "how should I put this", before I post and I come across as less a dick?
hehe, glad you dont mind being called a "dick"...well your game persona because in reality you arent.

bad unagi is a big dick, good unagi is more like a spock (aggresive yes, but has boundaries). bad unagi doesnt mind shirking those boundaries. As if bad unagi doesn't care about the consequences.

Its really also tone and feel in my mind when i read your posts. And the best way to describe it is bad unagi is a dick; good unagi isn't.

When I have time I'll look for a few posts that clued me in, so you can see what i am referring to.

And we're good by the way no hurt feelings or such.

And since I've given up my secret...any tells you can pass on to me or ways I can be a better detective in this game. I think i do ok as a wolf; but as a detective i suck.
So, the tell is basically that I'm a dick when I'm a wolf. But - I actually think I'm a dick most of the time, so... I think that was why I found his 'tell' not very compelling.

There ya have it folks.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Game On!

Post by Newcastle » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:04 pm

Unagi - I am sorry you feel that way. Peace be with you.
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
Holman
Posts: 21186
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: Game On!

Post by Holman » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:35 pm

Fun game! Thank you for running it, Remus.

El G definitely played it cool the whole time. I should remember never to trust that again.

I knew the wolf was Unagi as soon as I was killed in the night.

Unagi, did you get nervous when Drazzil posted your message? In retrospect, it made it pretty clear that you were claiming wolf. I kept wondering why you didn't come out and say it.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 17316
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Game On!

Post by Unagi » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:45 pm

Newcastle wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:04 pm
Unagi - I am sorry you feel that way. Peace be with you.
I probably over-reacted. And I prefer peace as well. with you.

And just to be clear, was it that you thought I was repressing and holding my tell back, so you didn't feel I was being a dick - or the reverse of that.

I honestly couldn't clearly follow if you were saying I was showing or not showing my tell, and now that I refreshed myself about the 'dick' thing, I'm curious if I was being a dick this game or not being a dick this game.

:think:

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 17316
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Game On!

Post by Unagi » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:13 pm

Holman wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:35 pm
Fun game! Thank you for running it, Remus.

El G definitely played it cool the whole time. I should remember never to trust that again.

I knew the wolf was Unagi as soon as I was killed in the night.

Unagi, did you get nervous when Drazzil posted your message? In retrospect, it made it pretty clear that you were claiming wolf. I kept wondering why you didn't come out and say it.
I think you mean 'seer' there...

So, how do I answer you here?
Do I answer "How, as a True Seer, would you not come out and say you were the Seer?"
I'll answer that first, because I did feel I had a reasonably sincere argument here, not to 'come out':

Answer: Why would I make it crystal clear that I was the Seer. I mean, the only value that would have served would have been to hand myself over to the wolves in a bow. You all had my scans... If I was killed at night, you all would likely figure it out, especially when Drazzil would have come in and decalred I was indeed the 'Dead-Seer'. 'Coming out" and 'Not coming out' didn't change, ANYTHING for you guys. Had I come out and said, "OK I am the Seer", then you would have all just... what?... Lynched me to see? Waited to see if I would live over the night? If it's the latter, what difference does it really make - meaning, it was going to come down to: "Do you really think that maybe Unagi was indeed the Seer?"... Remember - this Seer had 1 scan, that only confirmed what most players felt already... This Seer NEVER intended to even announce that he was alive that day (True statement, Drazill was instructed to not share that with anyone unless I asked him to, or if he felt he couldn't beleive me and needed to 'blow the whistle' - but that if he would be 'so kind to sit on it for a day'...)... So, really - I was a Seer that wanted another scan, and didn't appreciate Drazzil posting my PM to everyone in plain text. So really, and I didn't want to press this in the game - but as villagers, what was your plan to do with the information if I had come out and said "OK, OK, I am the guy that is the Seer in the PMs with Drazzil".... My guess is that you would all have: Lynched Scoop. and then.... wondered why I was alive the next day and wondered if Newcastle was indeed just trying to get me lynched as a 'fake Seer' when I was the real deal.


Now, if I answer "How, as a Fake-Seer, did you not come out and say you were the Seer?"

Well clearly that's motivated by 2 things, Mostly trying to 'play a certain seer role' … that's just "see above" + and then there is the wolf thing: "needed to keep options open". I never planned to come out as the Seer publicly on that day and didn't want to... If most people thought: "Ahhh geeze guessing that's Unagi... and what if he really is the Seer... " and that bought me a day, I was going to let it... But I didn't feel it was an 'unexpectable' take for the Seer in the least. I definetly played with a few ideas of coming out and admiting it, and seeing how that played out - like I said above, I suspect people would have likely moved in a direction like Issy or Scoop. And then the next day (which was inevitable any way) I would still need to defend "why is Unagi still alive".


So, the reason is the same for the Seer and for the Wolf pretending to be the Seer. I didn't say who I was, because I wanted to be there the next day saying that Newcastle has clearly been pressing the "Unagi Lynch" all game, etc, etc.




NOW, as yourself this... If I WAS the Seer.... and for all anyone knew (even Newcastle, sorry - I mean I know he was confident, but he himself played with the idea that he was wrong all along and just had blinders on...)
And so... let's say I WAS the Seer.... And lets say that Newcastle was also the human he was...


How horrible would THAT have been for this village too? Newcastle would have gunned for me all game. I contacted Drazzil with my scans - he regurgitates that secret too soon and I'm exposed... Newcastle is all over "Wolf Unagi" but is wrong... He lynches Scoop instead and then - that night A) Unagi is dead.... next day the heat is high on Newcastle and that's the last miss. B) Unagi is left alive and the wolves ACTUALLY watch as Human-Newcastle drags the Unagi-Seer down for a final village miss.


So, I would actually love to hear what it is that people feel they would have done differently had I come out and said, "it's me".

User avatar
Zarathud
Posts: 13748
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:29 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Game On!

Post by Zarathud » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:42 pm

My guess is Unagi and Drazzil, unless Drazzil is getting played and then I'd guess Newcastle.
Well, I saw it. Except I saw El Guapo as a villager, and thought the only way to make the Seer claim work was to have a partner operating on the lie.

It wasn’t Unagi being a dick. It was him not being useful in his thought process.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal. - Nixon
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867

User avatar
RMC
Posts: 6379
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:49 pm
Location: Elyria, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Game On!

Post by RMC » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:04 pm

Zarathud wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:42 pm
My guess is Unagi and Drazzil, unless Drazzil is getting played and then I'd guess Newcastle.
Well, I saw it. Except I saw El Guapo as a villager, and thought the only way to make the Seer claim work was to have a partner operating on the lie.

It wasn’t Unagi being a dick. It was him not being useful in his thought process.
Yup. I knew Unagi..I thought it was Draz though as well. Did not realize he was a patsy.. Thought he was playing the I am new, I made a mistake card..
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 15059
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Game On!

Post by Lassr » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:09 pm

Unagi wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:36 pm
Lassr wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:54 pm
Newcastle, great game. Except for the scoop fascination you were on point. Seer should never come out on the last day. I was on unagi early and it's good he killed me on night one. He was my #1 guess to Remus after I died. Holman and lagom rounded out my top 3. El guapo would have been a tough find except for his pounce
at the end.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Newcastle won't like this but - ya see Newcastle (* one can actually go and verify this) ALWAYS says I'm a wolf - so when I am , he is always right.... but you sir... you - you do actually tend to peg me.

So, while I took you out because I thought you were the Seer, I know I also wanted you just gone too.
You did something at the beginning of this game that made me go "Whoa, that sounds like a wolfy Unagi speaking." and instantly jumped you to the top of my list. (Hint: it was on page 7).
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

User avatar
Zarathud
Posts: 13748
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:29 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Re: Game On!

Post by Zarathud » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:55 am

The big tell at the end should have been Drazzil surviving. If the wolves killed him, no one would believe a Seer coming out.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal. - Nixon
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 32613
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Game On!

Post by El Guapo » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:05 am

Lassr wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:09 pm
Unagi wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:36 pm
Lassr wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:54 pm
Newcastle, great game. Except for the scoop fascination you were on point. Seer should never come out on the last day. I was on unagi early and it's good he killed me on night one. He was my #1 guess to Remus after I died. Holman and lagom rounded out my top 3. El guapo would have been a tough find except for his pounce
at the end.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Newcastle won't like this but - ya see Newcastle (* one can actually go and verify this) ALWAYS says I'm a wolf - so when I am , he is always right.... but you sir... you - you do actually tend to peg me.

So, while I took you out because I thought you were the Seer, I know I also wanted you just gone too.
You did something at the beginning of this game that made me go "Whoa, that sounds like a wolfy Unagi speaking." and instantly jumped you to the top of my list. (Hint: it was on page 7).
It's hard for me to know how I would have read Unagi this game if I were a villager, since obviously I was coming at this from the perspective of someone who knew that he was a wolf. But from that perspective, I thought Newcastle's strongest point was that Unagi is phenomenal at smoking out wolves, and he was never really 'on the scent' in this game the way that he usually is. But as I argued in this game (which I think is fair) using that as a basis for lynching Unagi is a little speculative, and I do think that it could have also plausibly been the result of Unagi being the seer (and so playing more low key to try to avoid drawing a wolf night kill).

User avatar
Remus West
Posts: 32907
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 5:39 pm
Location: Not in Westland

Re: Game On!

Post by Remus West » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:20 pm

Last comment but if it ever comes down to who to believe with our last miss (barring something like a day kill putting us in that position) a Seer claimant or his "wolf scan", I'm most likely to lynch the Seer claimant because they should have come out the previous day in order to allow us some certainty.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken

Post Reply