Warlords III: Darklords Rising just released...

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Archinerd

Re: Warlords III: Darklords Rising just released...

Post by Archinerd »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:57 am Archinerd is not playing very nice. I was just taking a nice stroll to explore down south and the next thing I know I open up my turn and one (?) of my armies is destroyed! Not cool!
I'm sorry, your request to explore down south needs to be submitted at least 24 hours in advance, in writing.

Also, it's my turn but I may not get to it tonight.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Archinerd wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:35 pm
Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:57 am Archinerd is not playing very nice. I was just taking a nice stroll to explore down south and the next thing I know I open up my turn and one (?) of my armies is destroyed! Not cool!
I'm sorry, your request to explore down south needs to be submitted at least 24 hours in advance, in writing.
That's what she said.
Black Lives Matter.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:51 pm
Archinerd wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:35 pm
That's what she said.
After you submitted her request, she then informed you she would have a headache then?
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Turn sent!
Sorry, no innuendos this time, but feel free to put words in my mouth.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Archinerd wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:47 pm Turn sent!
Sorry, no innuendos this time, but feel free to put words in my mouth.
Archinerd asked where the turn is at. He's eager to get to his next turn and see who is trying to wipe his ass out this turn! (Not sure if he understandsthat the violator is not really bringing TP over and literally wiping his ass out...).

That enough words in your mouth for one post?
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

HI all - this is in my queue I think. I just keep forgetting. Sorry.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

t28 sent to Nick.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Didn't get it for some reason, can you resend?
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

NickAragua wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:12 pm Didn't get it for some reason, can you resend?
Looks like it's stuck in my drafts folder on my other computer. Fcuk. Will send (re-send-ish) tonight.

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Turn sent along.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Turn sent along.

Honestly I've been doomed for so long that I'd like to resign, but it appears that doing so would literally wipe out all my cities from the map, which I don't love.
Black Lives Matter.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Turn 28 sent to Ralph.

PK, see you still have some fight left in you. Have to say that was a surprising round. :)

Guap, If you aren't getting wiped out at the moment, try to build a power stack with a hero and go collecting the 8 items of power (preferably starting w/ people you are already at war with rather than starting yet more wars). You might not win, but at least you have a chance. Do as many easy quests as you can before you send your hero off to get him/her leveled up a bit first.

Or just do like PK and show up with stacks unexpectedly and start plowing into your enemy's rear where their scattered units are slowing trickling forward.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

So I am getting wiped at the moment, and any 'power stack' that I can put together isn't as strong as literally anyone else's forces. I'm pretty sure that the problem is that I accidentally got my original hero killed on turn 1, and after I got a replacement I didn't understand the quest / searching system, so I never got a powerful hero, and importantly never got summoning spells that appear to be integral to building a large army (since it takes a long time for cities to build powerful units). Also rats are significantly better than I would have expected.

Anyway, too late for that now, but useful for later games.
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:29 am So I am getting wiped at the moment, and any 'power stack' that I can put together isn't as strong as literally anyone else's forces. I'm pretty sure that the problem is that I accidentally got my original hero killed on turn 1, and after I got a replacement I didn't understand the quest / searching system, so I never got a powerful hero, and importantly never got summoning spells that appear to be integral to building a large army (since it takes a long time for cities to build powerful units). Also rats are significantly better than I would have expected.

Probably the trespassing on my territory didn't help. Although I think it'd have gone differently if I didn't make peace with the blue-on-white flag guys. But yeah, the tier 1 infantry units seem pretty worthless.
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Zenn7 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:54 am Turn 28 sent to Ralph.

PK, see you still have some fight left in you. Have to say that was a surprising round. :)

Guap, If you aren't getting wiped out at the moment, try to build a power stack with a hero and go collecting the 8 items of power (preferably starting w/ people you are already at war with rather than starting yet more wars). You might not win, but at least you have a chance. Do as many easy quests as you can before you send your hero off to get him/her leveled up a bit first.

Or just do like PK and show up with stacks unexpectedly and start plowing into your enemy's rear where their scattered units are slowing trickling forward.
Funny thing is, I thought for sure you would have seen that stack coming last turn. Was just hoping I had kept it out of your vision/map view - had to guess! The turn before I had made a mistake with that stack's movement, otherwise I would have had 6-8 more moves in me.

Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Pyperkub wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:30 pm

Funny thing is, I thought for sure you would have seen that stack coming last turn. Was just hoping I had kept it out of your vision/map view - had to guess! The turn before I had made a mistake with that stack's movement, otherwise I would have had 6-8 more moves in me.
A) I am not doing enough scouting (relying too much on brute force).
B) You'll be unhappy in the north, but happy by your hero in regards to what I did this turn.
C) For some reason, you had a lone Pegasus that I was thinking was mine. Was rather disappointed to discover I was not going to be doing scouting with him when I got done moving everyone else.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Zenn7 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:40 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:30 pm

A) I am not doing enough scouting (relying too much on brute force).
B) You'll be unhappy in the north, but happy by your hero in regards to what I did this turn.
C) For some reason, you had a lone Pegasus that I was thinking was mine. Was rather disappointed to discover I was not going to be doing scouting with him when I got done moving everyone else.
LOL at C) !

Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

NickAragua wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:11 pm
El Guapo wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:29 am So I am getting wiped at the moment, and any 'power stack' that I can put together isn't as strong as literally anyone else's forces. I'm pretty sure that the problem is that I accidentally got my original hero killed on turn 1, and after I got a replacement I didn't understand the quest / searching system, so I never got a powerful hero, and importantly never got summoning spells that appear to be integral to building a large army (since it takes a long time for cities to build powerful units). Also rats are significantly better than I would have expected.

Probably the trespassing on my territory didn't help. Although I think it'd have gone differently if I didn't make peace with the blue-on-white flag guys. But yeah, the tier 1 infantry units seem pretty worthless.
Need to find the best of the Tier1 infantry and need to send some buffing units with them. Giant Rats with their banding rock. Dwarf Runners are also abnormally valuable (strength 1, but 4 health gives them lots of chances of that lucky shot). Throw in a couple units with Morale/Leadership (and/or Fear/Chaos/Siege to inflict some penalties on the other side), makes them go much further. Buffing is generally going to be Tier2 or higher units.

Your heroes can get usually get at least 1-2 buff/debuff abilities. Buff is generally better than debuff unless you know you are fighting a heavily buffed enemy (you can stack more positive benefits than you can negative penalties - but the penalties can stack enough to fully offset the other army's buffs). A good mix of both is best.

But yes, hopefully, this was overall, a good learning game for the newbs and a good refresher for more experienced players.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Looks like things are starting to pick up. Got smacked a bit by Archinerd last round, but got some payback this turn. And to think he once offered me peace. :x
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Where are we?

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Pyperkub wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:24 pm Where are we?
Checking again?

Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Sorry, we are at me and have been for days.
I actually have work I need to get done again and have been forgetting about it when I finally get a chance.
I'll write myself a note today.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

FYI, I sent the turn last night.
Happy Friday scumbags!
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

T29 sent to Nick!

Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Who's pit-stop are we in now?
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Where we at?

Knowing this game is going a little slow, anyone interested in starting a new game while we continue this one?
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Bump

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Last turn I got was may 8th
Black Lives Matter
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Zenn7, have you gotten a turn after May 8th?
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Dave Allen wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:27 pm Zenn7, have you gotten a turn after May 8th?
No. I think I get my turns from El Guapo.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

I just sent an inquiring email to El Guapo.
If someone drops out how do we handle it?
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I re0sent the most recent turn I completed to Zenn7. I think I had sent it to him previously, but maybe not.
Black Lives Matter.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I nominate El Guapo!
Black Lives Matter
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I just got email my turn, so I guess things are moving again!
Black Lives Matter
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Turn received overnight, completed and sent to Ralph.

Pyperkub and I have entered a trading cities phase. I take one from him, he takes one from me.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Zenn7 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:54 am Turn received overnight, completed and sent to Ralph.

Pyperkub and I have entered a trading cities phase. I take one from him, he takes one from me.
Trading cities sounds like fun.
Hey Archinerd, let's try it. I'll take one from you, you take one from Ralph-Wiggum.

Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Deal!

:doh:
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Dave Allen wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:31 pm
Zenn7 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:54 am Turn received overnight, completed and sent to Ralph.

Trading cities sounds like fun.
Hey Archinerd, let's try it. I'll take one from you, you take one from Ralph-Wiggum.
One of you needs to do it like I did, start by taking several of the other person's cities before you move to the trade deal. :)
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Dave Allen wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:31 pm Trading cities sounds like fun.
:(
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

I have a turn, but was AFK/personal email for the weekend, will get to it tonight!