Gamestop closing 150 stores

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Isgrimnur

Re: Gamestop closing 150 stores

Post by Isgrimnur »

I meant for both, not each. $60 per game for both in one summer.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
tgb

Post by tgb »

hitbyambulance wrote:
tgb wrote:There was even an early space/4X game that shipped with a board and playing pieces for the Apple II. You played it like a board game, but the software handled all the overhead and computations. I forget the name.
Star Saga: One - Beyond The Boundary

i remember it due to the crazy price (i'm pretty sure it was $99.99) and size/weight of the box (and the lack of graphics - text only. even when it came out it seemed old.)
That seems like it, although '88 is later than I remember. I also remember the game being for the IIe, not the IIgs or DOS
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

tgb wrote:
hitbyambulance wrote:
tgb wrote:There was even an early space/4X game that shipped with a board and playing pieces for the Apple II. You played it like a board game, but the software handled all the overhead and computations. I forget the name.
Star Saga: One - Beyond The Boundary

i remember it due to the crazy price (i'm pretty sure it was $99.99) and size/weight of the box (and the lack of graphics - text only. even when it came out it seemed old.)
That seems like it, although '88 is later than I remember. I also remember the game being for the IIe, not the IIgs or DOS
the wikipedia article isn't quite accurate - it was for the Apple ][ family, so it ran on the ][gs as well (being backwards compatible)

(and MSRP was $79.99)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

You guys seem to have memories of these places like me so Ill post you a neat link I use a lot. Its a site with scans of the old store catalogs and stuff. Like 1994 Christmas ones even.

http://huguesjohnson.com/scans/
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

wow, did i forget about this one...

(and after seeing the let's play on youtube, no wonder it was forgotten. not one of David Crane's finer moments.)
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Daehawk wrote:You guys seem to have memories of these places like me so Ill post you a neat link I use a lot. Its a site with scans of the old store catalogs and stuff. Like 1994 Christmas ones even.

http://huguesjohnson.com/scans/
That brings back some great memories indeed. Sheesh, did I really pay $60 for F-117 Stealth Fighter for the PC? :doh:

And I got every edition of the Microsoft Flight Simulator up to and including MSFS X. That's how I can tell I've gotten older, I'm paying the same prices for PC games as I did then, but I'm not putting in dozens of hours flying ever so slowly from point A to point B because now I find it too boring :roll:
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold