Sniper Elite 4

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

MonkeyFinger

Re: Sniper Elite 4 Announced: Arrives February 14, 2017

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Rip wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:24 pm I couldn't pass up 70% off the deluxe edition.
Where?
-mf
Rip

Post by Rip »

MonkeyFinger wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:35 pm
Rip wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:24 pm I couldn't pass up 70% off the deluxe edition.
Where?
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Ah... thanks Rip.
-mf
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I'm almost 11 hours in and about half way through the third mission. To say that I'm having a blast is a huge understatement. I do like how they've changed/modified the enemy AI for this version, I guess in recognition that you shooting random soldiers and others not reacting appropriately was a bit much. I've come to appreciate how they organize and come look for you, particularly if there's an officer there to rally them. They also seem to do a better job of flanking your assumed position and then searching for you in a way that makes sense.

Either way, nothing makes me happier than creeping around the map, spotting Nazis with the binoculars and then shooting them in their stupid Nazi faces. The environments are absolutely beautiful and playing so far has been a real treat.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Only did the first mission as I have no attention span as of late, but I greatly enjoyed it. Maybe I need to up the difficulty, but with zeroing and getting the range from the binoculars, I was just picking people off with ease. I would say I'm an above average sniper in any FPS so there is that too.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, on the regular difficulty level (which I play) it's a simplistic shooting model. Emptying your lung and following the targeting diamond will give you a hit. On the higher levels they don't provide assistance and you need to account for both the wind and bullet drop yourself. I just like shooting Nazis in their stupid faces so I keep it on normal. :D
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:59 pm Yeah, on the regular difficulty level (which I play) it's a simplistic shooting model. Emptying your lung and following the targeting diamond will give you a hit. On the higher levels they don't provide assistance and you need to account for both the wind and bullet drop yourself. I just like shooting Nazis in their stupid faces so I keep it on normal. :D
Yeah, but have you even tried shooting Nazis in their stupid testicles? :ninja:
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, I have. Also satisfying. :D

But when they're hiding behind something and they peek their stupid little Nazi heads out and I get to aerate their skulls? The X-ray slow mo camera never gets old.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I turned off all assists. I'm a ninja.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

I play as "Sniper Elite" because I like a challenge without being a masochist.
Cadet - ignores ballistics - the bullet will hit exactly where you aim, even across entire map. Your weapon deals high damage, enemies take longer to find you and are not as eager to thoroughly search every place. Recommended only for first time players.

Marksman - relatively easy, recommended for beginners who want something more. Includes some ballistics (bullet drop), does not recreate wind effects. Enemies aim better and deal more damage, friendly fire is possible (when in co-op).

Sniper Elite - suggested for long time players, stealth game fans, or those who like a good challenge. Enemies are much more alert, sometimes reacting even to slight movement in bushes, have more health (when using a weapon with suppressor / suppressed ammo, you may have problems with killing them with one shot over longer distances). You can still mark your targets using binoculars, but the aim assist is gone and fully implemented ballistics make shots longer than 300 meters extremely difficult.

Authentic - here's a real challenge - there's no assist and no interface whatsoever, and the AI is sharp as a German combat knife. Recommended only for Sniper Elite series veterans.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Wish I had a newer Sniper Elite. I just now reinstalled my best and its v2.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

On mission 8 and the game is definitely repetitive. All of the maps are circular. I work my way around the circle completing the optional missions until I get to the final mission requirement. Travelling only requires that I shoot all the Nazis in my path. Since they don't respawn I occasionally have to worry about the ambitious soldier looping around behind me.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

After ~34 hours, I finished the campaign - and I loved every stinking minute. Yeah, it's repetitive, but shooting Nazi scum never became tiresome. I enjoyed how the spotters, radiomen and officers mixed things up - in particular how the officers were able to rally troops and come to look for you. Additionally, the Jagers were a bit smarter and I was often fixed and flanked when I made risky decisions and had my cover blown. I've played all the Sniper games and while I wasn't sure if I was completely on board with this one after loving #3 so much, I'm happy to report it was just as enjoyable. I loved the gigantic maps and the ability to really figure out a plan that fit my play style.
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Spoiler:
How may ways have you killed Hitler? Did you manage to drop a submarine or a large bit of décor on him? Style points if you managed to shoot him trough his singular testicle..
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
persself

Post by persself »

Arise, thread ! I now have a shiny, new laptop (MSI GE75 Raider) with RTX 2060. It's finally my turn to play...if I ever get it downloaded, a whopping 47.4GB.

Imagine my state of ecstasy, when it popped up on Steam for 80% off. I got the deluxe version, so cost was 18 instead of 12. :horse:
Girl Gamer Extraordinaire-less/Redskins Fan
Isgrimnur

Re: Sniper Elite 4

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enjoy shooting people in the face!
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

Hopefully we get 5 sometime later this year.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Do you have to "tag" an enemy to retrieve the letter or document they have?
I'm all done with mission 1 except for 1 missing duty roster that I cant find.
I know where the officer holding it was, but I'm not sure I tagged him and I've searched high and low and cant find him or the document anywhere.
The completist in me is going nuts!!! (I have over 4 hours in on this mission alone....yeah.....I'm slow.....)
He/Him/His/Porcupine