PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

GreenGoo

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by GreenGoo »

I have my new driving glasses but my desk glasses won't be ready for another 1-2 weeks. The new driving glasses are causing some issues while on the computer as they are purely for distance/driving. Given that I am not driving while on the computer, I guess I'm not surprised there are issues. Not sure if I should try to get used to these new glasses or just stay using my old, wrong prescription glasses. Both are technically not appropriate for computer usage.

Should be weirdly interesting as I try to adjust.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I guess we can let you do all the driving for awhile.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Another 2nd. Despite never hitting the #1 player the final fight was closer than it seemed. He had much better armour than me, so even if his shots had been blocked by the metal bars covering the church windows like mine were (we were both about 5m from the window on either side) he almost certainly would have won any full auto attrition. I got 3 kills in the game, including #4. Unfortunately when #1 killed #3 I was inside the church and couldn't use the noise to move and take advantage of the distraction quickly enough.

I'm proud that I pulled out my silenced pistol near the end, as the fighting was very close quarters and any noise would bring down a hail of bullets from the rest. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to use it.

I parachuted about 2km to reach the powerplant, and just after I picked up an m16 and nothing else a jeep pulled in. I dinged the jeep from about 100m a few times but never touched the driver. He parked on the far side of the building and since I was out in the white tents I had to run my ass over to keep him on his back foot. I assumed he was weakly armed and I was right, however he did find an M16 before I reached him. He did one smart thing and that was ambush my likely path, but as with many people including myself, he aimed too close to the door and when I burst through he was firing behind me. We squared off, using the staircase over the piping to provide cover as we danced. He took a couple of shots but the staircase ate them. I found a frag at my feet so I picked it up and while I meant to cook it, I just threw it instead. He moved to get a bead on me and I aimed down my iron sights from about 25m and shot him in the head with a single 5.56 round. He had no helmet so he died to it. 3 seconds later my grenade went off right beside his corpse. Proud of the shot.

I ended up chasing the circle about 1/2 across the map, and dumby that I am, I left the dude's jeep and hoofed it.

I had 5 first aid kits and used them all by the end of the game, only using 1 for circle damage, so that means LOTS of people shot at me, but only the last guy could seal the deal.

There were a number of times while hiking cross country that I was sure I was going to be able to ambush someone from the sound of their shots, but whenever I arrived they had already moved on. I should note that the first few circles meant anyone near me would have had to be running hard to chase the circle or simply decide to give up and die to it.

Eventually I came to a field and thought I was completely screwed, when suddenly I see a buggy just sitting there. My choices were run across an open field knowing I will be seen or drive that same path. I chose the latter. It also allowed me to reposition to the top of the circle instead of the side, which turned out to be a productive move.

When I arrived at the top, I was able to heal with no issues, but as the circles continued to close, I started taking Kar fire from the perimeter. He wasn't great though, so I reached cover. Instead of Kar guy taking fire because he was loud and I was silent, I start taking fire from a nearby 5.56 AR. I can't find him, and now I've got shots from 2 LoS. I take a chance, running away from the Kar and putting a ridge between me and that shooter. I take fire from the AR but he gives me time to heal up, the fool. I check the circle and grin evilly. It's a full minute but I just wait and wait and wait. And then the circle is upon him. He runs, and zags, but I hit him and the circle is pure pain at this stage and he's outside it. He stops and lays into me hard but I have full health and he doesn't and I put him down with my M16 and red dot on burst.

The 3rd kill was nothing special but it is a fight that I usually lose, so I'm happy about it. The circle is closing on the church (oddly, it's not a church I have spent much if any time at) that overlooks Pochinki from the NW. I have a good little niche where the circle is behind me and I have high ridges on my left and right. I can peek over the tops and have good LoS in either direction. No one is close.

Eventually I have to move up the hill to the church, and I spot a dude coming towards the church from the other side. He moves behind a pillar (we're both on the stairs end) so I ADS with my DP28 and red dot and when he comes around the side he sees me but I get the drop and pour 7.62 rounds into him until he drops. I run into the church for cover and to get away from the noise I just made and just hoped against hope that no one was inside waiting for me. No one was.

The #1 and #3 shoot at each other outside but I can't see them and can't move easily so I just wait while peeking every window I think might give me LoS to them. I see #1 and we exchange fire but we both miss. The circle moves and the church is still inside. #1 lobs a grenade into the church which is a great idea but it's not close and he throws no more so I guess he's out. Dude is moving up and I'm moving trying to see him and eventually he knows where I am and I know where he is and I aim down sight and wait. He's scouting windows and can't get a LoS to me so he's narrowing down my locations. He slides sideways into sight and we both pull the trigger at the same time. He's got a groza, and slightly damaged lvl 3 helmet and armor. I have an M16, undamaged lvl 2 helmet and heavily damaged lvl 2 armour. His shots go through the window grill and mine don't. You can see my muzzle flash but no bullets hit. We're, as I said at the beginning, 10m away from each other with the window grill in the middle.

Mostly I'm just happy that bullets I fired hit the people I was firing at, mostly.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Won a fun one earlier today. Final circle was the Muni building and there were like 3 people camping in it and I was outside behind a wall. I kept chucking grenades at the building to annoy them and damaged the one guy with an air burst. :lol: The next circle was outside of the building so they were escaping through the sides like drowned rats from a ship. Only one guy made it out of the building and was promptly shot by someone waiting outside. I came bolting around the corner and lit the guy up, but not enough before he hopped over the wall. It turns out that's what won me the match. As he landed on the other side someone else coming from another direction starts shooting at him. This opens me up to easily take out the new shooter and then just BOLT at the remaining guy as I knew he couldn't have healed. He lit me up, but not before I got the one and only hit I needed. :horse:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Sweet. If I could have charged #1 after he and #3 fought, I very likely would have won for the same reason, as he was down around 35-40%.

Or not. Sometimes I just...miss.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Got panned twice while loading my m16.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Brilliantly outplayed an early opponent in two separate games, only to lose both due to not being able to hit someone < 10m away.

I'm not sure what is wrong, but it seems odd that I can't hit a player's model when it takes up a good 20% of the screen. Ok, 20% is an exaggeration but good lord, the entire cross hair, not just the dot, fits inside the model.

I just don't get it.

The obvious answer is I'm terrible, but decades of game playing and at times decent to good aim even in PUBG suggests otherwise.

It's like the game is just screwing with me and every once in awhile it will just decide that my bullets should disappear midflight.

With millions of players I can't believe that there is a problem with their netcode that is this frequently a problem and it hasn't been identified. It's like my latency is just good enough that I really don't see much problem with my movement but my shots are all just a smidge (technical term) off and that's enough to miss. All. The. Time.

Oh well, only played a couple games but already time for a break.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Hit detection can be off from time to time for sure, but lately I haven't had many complaints. My biggest problem is that people start shooting like half a second faster than me and that's why I lose the fight. I've been getting better at it, but that's with A LOT of practice. :lol: I try to not analysis the game too much at this point. If something shitty happens I shrug and move to the next match. The one nice thing is that I can say I have barely run into any cheating lately. At least if they are cheating I haven't noticed it. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I still struggle to win fights and it's because I can't hit anything, even at close range at times.

I'm not blaming the game, I'm trying to figure out what's happening so I can fix it. If I'm just a terrible shot, so be it. And there is lots of evidence for that. Just not enough to explain all the terribleness.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Could be your sensitivity. That's really the number one thing for me. In close fights do you always ADS or just hold down to aim? Only recently have I come back to the dark side of using the ADS by clicking (I love hold to ADS but the controls get too wonky).

In really close fights I am just holding down to aim and it works pretty well. If there is any distance I ADS. My sensitivity is pretty darn low. If you ever feel like you have to crawl your hand to get the aim JUST right then it's set too high and you will never get great at aiming. I still suck at reaction time (only coke could fix that now :shock: ), but I know my snap to aim will be pretty much dead on most of the time. That's because I can just flick to the right spot without having to try and fine tune the aim.

Also another tip get a HUGE mouse pad. It helps a lot. Something like below:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/razer-goli ... lsrc=aw.ds

The more you can smoothly move the mouse the better you aim will be. Not saying I'm any good, but I certainly know that for me lowering the mouse settings and a big mouse pad worked wonders.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Grabbed a new mousepad last mouth. I've turned down my sensitivity periodically over the last month. Just a little until things don't feel weird, and then a little more. I've dropped over "30" sensitivity since I started.

I actually think it might be due to my concentration. If true, I had a similar issue during my basketball days.

It might not be physical at all, it might be a lack of focus at the crucial trigger pull moment.

I'm not going to get into it here, but if I work on it and see improvement, I'll post. I'm not holding my breath though. :D
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

What DPI is your mouse at? I'm assuming you have mouse smoothing turned off right? This might have nothing to do with it, but when you know it's you it's easier to just deal with it or try and fix it. :D

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

It's a razer mouse so the damn app is controlling everything, so I'll have to look at it again. It doesn't overwrite the ingame sensitivity though, it just gives it a different starting spot before applying the sensitivity setting.

So if I set the mouse to x, in game would be x +/- 30 (PUBG sensitivity setting).

If I set the mouse to y, in game would be y +/- 30 (PUBG sensitivity setting).

I'll double check smoothing. Acceleration should be off unless one of the kids turned it on without me noticing. Unlikely though.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I have a razor mouse as well. The sensitivity settings mean nothing if the DPI is set super high. I believe mine is set to 950, but I would have to check. It's 100% the most important thing to have right. If the mouse settings suck no matter what you do you won't be consistent. Last night I headshot the same guy 3 times with a Winchester from 150m. His buddy just kept rezzing him. 0 chance I could make that shot if the sensitivity was too high.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Earlier tonight I hit someone at the longest distance I have ever done so, ~850m. And wonders never cease, it was a headshot. But of course, because why would it, he was not killed.

I was using an M416 with an 8x scope, nothing on the muzzle, an angled foregrip, an extended quickload mag and a tactical stock.

My first shot I tried using the dots on the scope. I was in autofire :roll: and a 2 round burst flew off into the nether.

My second shot I tried using the dots again, but they are so close together and there is nothing breaking them up so they kind of blur together for me (is this the 5th dot or the 6th? Oh, it moved slightly, is it still the 6th?). I see dust kick up at least in his vicinity. I decide this is asinine and zero the scope to 600m without checking the map and counting grids. Short. 700m. Short. 800 freakin' meters. Almost. 900m. Oh god he's stopped moving, hold breath, crosshair on head I think...Bang. Wtf? I hit him. That can't be right.

For the record, I am unsure if I zero'd to a max of 800 or 900m. I'm pretty sure it was 900m as 800m would have had me shoot low.

Later I reviewed the replay and counted the grid squares separating us. I didn't do it exactly but I think 850m is a good approximation. It was greater than 800m and less than 900m.

I watched from my view point and I watched from his viewpoint. He had his own 8x but only really started looking for me near the end and I was almost a kilometer away peeking from behind a tree. That's a LOT of space to cover.

It was a definite headshot and took about 60-70% of his health, leaving him with a sliver, and his lvl 2 helmet turned red.

So that's it. Took my time, risked getting whacked by a nearby player while I slowly and methodically shot closer and closer to my target until bam. Why was he there that whole time? I have no idea. He was constantly moving so most of the time I was just trying to put a bullet near him. Then he stopped moving.

Good stuff.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Down for a patch. Because of course it is. The test server has an event! Rile 8P. It's 8 person teams with some kind of rules. I'm not sure what they are because why explain them? At least they are starting to add some custom stuff. Seriously why is it so hard to mix it up a bit?

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Picked up a drop zone kill in La Bendita with a Tommy gun. Guy had me dead to rights when I came around the corner, but apparently was in single shot.

Got a VSS late, plunked a lot of rounds at a running guy, hit him a few times, then he took cover from the wrong direction and I got the headshot.

Ended up 4th.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Can't really get into the test server either. Takes like a million tries. Guess no PUBG tonight.

naednek

Post by naednek »

<removed>
Last edited by naednek on Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'm really tiring of this crap. I've never had a game where I so frequently can't actually play it.

naednek

Post by naednek »

Have PUBG on PC and suck big time. Downloaded on my S8 and my first game I get chicken dinner. WTF

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I can't even begin to understand how that would work on a phone.

naednek

Post by naednek »

Octavious wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:43 pm I can't even begin to understand how that would work on a phone.
it actually wasn't too bad. alot of standing still and shooting. I doubt I'll play much, just wanted to try it out
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:03 pm Picked up a drop zone kill in La Bendita with a Tommy gun. Guy had me dead to rights when I came around the corner, but apparently was in single shot.

Got a VSS late, plunked a lot of rounds at a running guy, hit him a few times, then he took cover from the wrong direction and I got the headshot.

Ended up 4th.
Very nice. Congrats.

I love the VSS. Obviously for the scope and suppressor, but the the speed of single fire and the low recoil means you can really pump out the lead at around 100-200m. Of course good players will just destroy you between 100-200m with any AR and a red dot, so...

But I'm not a good player, so I need all the benefits I can get at that range.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

8 man squads with randoms on the test server was super fun. Sadly that hasn't made the live server as I checked. :doh: Maybe next week when they take the servers down in prime time again? :P

Ibby

Post by Ibby »

Finally got back into it the other night. Hadn't played since the new map came out, but it sure as hell updated the game every god damn day with each new patch.

I got one, perhaps two top 10 finishes, but nothing noteworthy over a few hours other than some truly horrific deaths that shouldn't have happened. I had been landing far out of the way just so I could get used to the controls and keybinds (again), and to find a way to test some guns that I've not really had a chance to use before. I might get an easy early kill only to then die upon first contact with someone who can actually fight back.

1. Run into one of those long ranch houses while far away from the action. I'm just in loot mode, hoovering up what I can, when I run up a short staircase and start taking fire. Upstairs is a dead end, and my screen is just covered with bloodstains (my own presumably as I'm just firing blindly), and splinters of debris from the 2nd floor railing that's taking tons of shots for me. My fingers spasm uncontrollably in fright, and of course I've got my impact grenade equipped. I just toss it in the air and switch to my AKM a moment before I'm killed. I watch the killer run up to loot my corpse, and of course the grenade kills him with its revenge blast. The screen says in bright red "0 KILLS", so I didn't even get credit.

Turns out the dude had been laying prone on the first level of the staircase next to piles of trash, and I ran right over him in my single-minded quest for loot and never saw the head, legs, arms or gun that tracked me the entire way up.

2. Kill a person in the late game in a small house. Only about 15 players left. This person has much better gear, so I'm fighting the urge to take so long gearing up. I take this guy's M16 and Kar98 and ammo and I'm just scanning through his list of stuff one more time before moving on. I hear footsteps danger close, and I'm up and moving. Bad guy comes in the room I'm in and sprays an entire clip at me as I panic, realizing that neither of my two primary weapons are loaded BECAUSE I HAD JUST LOOTED THEM. I'm ducking and weaving and aiming at the guy while hearing the "click" of my empty rifle. I finally realize what's wrong and swap to the pistol right as I'm cut down.

I'm just going to give in to the idea that I need the fast-paced experience in game. I'll just spend a week jumping into the high octane landing zones with the expectation that I'm not living to see the first circle move. I need to get used to being shot at.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Go play Battlefield or Call of Duty. You’ll get used to dying quickly.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Killed someone with the Winchester from the motel to the 4 story building in the new map. I really need to start recording some of my sessions again.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Not seeing any real improvement in my aim+ reaction time. Still working on it.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Adderal? Coke? :D

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Had a suppressed sniper picking at me yesterday, I guessed/heard correctly and took cover, completely in cover, took a hit, so I moved back into the sniper's los and died shortly thereafter.

Unless it was a separate guy who hit me while in cover, the out of sync hit made me think I wasn't fully in cover. That's...annoying.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

That I have had happen a lot, but not as much lately since they starting the ping matching stuff. If you play on the AS you will run into it a ton. That's why they should f'n region lock China! I love a silenced 1911 with a red dot. You can do some serious damage if you get close enough. I wiped half a squad the other night with one. :mrgreen:

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:29 pm Had a suppressed sniper picking at me yesterday, I guessed/heard correctly and took cover, completely in cover, took a hit, so I moved back into the sniper's los and died shortly thereafter.

Unless it was a separate guy who hit me while in cover, the out of sync hit made me think I wasn't fully in cover. That's...annoying.
That's nothing. Last night I was shot in the head while I was in the lobby customizing my Avatar!
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Crazy. I was asleep with the computer off and had my lvl 3 helmet shot off during the middle of the night! The worst part? I didn't even hear the shot!

It's out of control.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Octavious wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:37 pm That I have had happen a lot, but not as much lately since they starting the ping matching stuff. If you play on the AS you will run into it a ton. That's why they should f'n region lock China! I love a silenced 1911 with a red dot. You can do some serious damage if you get close enough. I wiped half a squad the other night with one. :mrgreen:
Interestingly, I've started paying more attention to my pistol as well. Haven't had any great opportunities to use it yet though.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I've gotten two pistol kills in the last week.

I penned a guy in a building until the circle closed. He kept taking shotgun potshots at me. I eventually took him down with a silenced revolver. Turned out he had an UMP that he never equipped.

The second one was after I tailed a guy after he went into the horse barn, then up on the balcony of the 2-balcony buildings. Shot at him there, and he came out after me. Turns out the balcony had an AKM on it that I kept him from picking up.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:51 pm Crazy. I was asleep with the computer off and had my lvl 3 helmet shot off during the middle of the night! The worst part? I didn't even hear the shot!

It's out of control.
Yah, that's the worst. I've pretty much gotten around that by just not sleeping anymore. :shifty:
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

FYI, there will be a 4(!) Hour server maintenance tonight, starting at 10 pm EDT. Sigh.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Nice... I'll try and get on the test server, but maybe I'll just play some monster hunter. I was horrid last night playing with Thunderball. I couldn't get out of my own way. We did win a match, but I had little to do with it. :doh:

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Oh look they are adding weapon skins. Their priorities are shockingly out of wack. The whole event thing that they only ran for a few days is another bizarre move. I guess it was just a test, but considering the total lack of options they really shouldn't be teasing new modes and then taking them away. :doh: Or at least when they pull one they toss up a new one. Also they use their timezone for the timing of it expiring so it freaking expired in primetime on Sunday night for the US. :tjg: