CoH - What's the deal with Badges?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Jaymann

CoH - What's the deal with Badges?

Post by Jaymann »

I looked on the main site, but they only have some ambiguous story that hints some badges or combinations thereof may somehow enhance stats. A lot of people seem to be going for them. Is it just something else to do or are there tangible rewards? Is there a definitive list anywhere?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Gedd
Technical Admin

Post by Gedd »

Mostly it's something to do (an incentive for the folks crying for phat l3wt), but there are some combinations of badges that'll give you bonuses or extra powers. I don't have a good site link off the top of my head, but there's probably a good bit of info on the CoH boards (or at least a link to a site or three).

Badges come from all sorts of things like killing 100 Tsoo sorcerers, completing TFs, finishing certain missions, or even standing in certain locations. Sometimes you'll even get awarded for negative stuff that's happened. Just the other night I got a badge for spending an inordinate amount of time being held or slept (as a tanker I get stunned a lot).
none

Post by none »

i apologize in advance. ahem.

badges?! we don' need no steenking badges!
Phouka

Post by Phouka »

Gedd wrote:I don't have a good site link off the top of my head, but there's probably a good bit of info on the CoH boards (or at least a link to a site or three).
Hi. My name is Phouka and I'm a badge wh...hunter.

There is no real 'benefit' to badge hunting. It's just something to do. I hunt them because a) I enjoy the stories behind the history badges, b) Some of the exploration badges tell a nifty little factoid/story or are funny, and c) I just can't not do it. I'm obsessed.

Anyway, here's a link: http://coh.artphobia.net/index.html (and click on "Badge Collecting Guide").

The right 'collections' of badges (also outlined in the link I listed) will give you certain benefits, like an increase in hp, endurance, or a special power (like a Crey Freeze Pistol), but for the most part it's a minor improvement. A big exception, I think, might be one of the HP improvements if you're a tank (because I think it's percentage based -- 5% improvement as opposed to simply +XX HP).

Anyway, happy badge hunting.

Pooks

P.S. If it works like the Tuesday night test, the halloween event going on all weekend will also include 4-6 badges for hunting the halloween critters.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Alright Phouka, you deserve a steenking Badge for that!
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter