Joint Operations Stories

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Eduardo X

Joint Operations Stories

Post by Eduardo X »

Last night, I was playing on a server with no limit last night, and I saw some interesting stuff!
But, the stories you can tell in this game are incredible, thanks to the huge maps.

At our main base, whenever somebody would hop into a helicopter, they would recieve a large caliber bullet to the skull.
So I went sniper hunting.
I ran down to the water and found a dingy. I jumped in and hugged the coast so as to not get popped by the many overhead passing choppers. I leaped off my dingy and went straight for the hill. Scrambling. Striving to climb. I reached a point near the top where I thought I might be stuck.
A shot. I froze, guessing it was at me. I jumped to the ground. Wait.
Another shot. But not at me! Over my head, yes, but not at me.
So I threw grenades up the hill at the sniper.
They never killed anybody, so I tried to run further up the hill with no luck. I guess this was more cliff than hill. How would I get this sniper?
Along came the captain, who strutted up the hill with nary a pause, pops the sniper in the head, and that's that.
I turned around and got on a boat and got killed by one of those passing helicopters.

What's your story?
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I was in a tourney (InCon) and our BFCO was at the main spawn and told me over Teamspeak to man the .50 on a jeep he was driving. We were going to go around to the backdoor and help out a spec ops team. It's that map with a river going north-south and two flags on either side of a bridge. The spec ops team was harrassing their second spawn and trying to steal APCs.

Anyway, I hop in and we're cruising along going the LONG LONG way around, taking a southern bridge. Now this guy is the BFCO, a general, and it's my second week in the tourney and I'm a lowly private. But I notice he's driving like he's never done it before. We are flying along and get to the bridge and he promptly skids off the side and we fall into the river, in in the middle of nowhere. I started laughing my ass off over teamspeak. Telling him how maybe he should leave the driving to privates and he could lie down in the back seat and sleep off his whisky or read a driving manual.

Then I ask, "should we walk to the rendezvouz or just head north and engage?" and he says, "I'll meet the spec ops, you spawn at main and get a jeep." So I say, "Spawn at main? But I'm not..."
And he fires a nice, tight burst into my kevlar helmet and says, "You are now..."

We had a nice laugh over that one. The same guy flew a fully loaded blackhawk into a tree last week, too, and I was on it. I told him I hoped there were tricycles slated for the expansion so he would have a suitable vehicle.

Let's see, when I first started playing, I was trying to figure out how the target designator worked. I was in a FF server and just ran outside of the main spawn playing with the thing. I hit fire, which designates a target, and was playing with the zoom. Well, about 5 seconds later a barrage of mortar fire came whistling down and blew me up. I guess I was looking down when I painted the target and some kind engineer was kind enough to oblige.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

Two days ago, I was flying a fully loaded Blackhawk into a drop zone to the southeast of the hot base. As I approached, I noticed a lot of incoming fire, so I dropped down low.
I saw a friendly guy jump up out of the grass and begin shooting at me. I thought he wanted a ride, as shooting the helicopter you wish you were in seems to be the way to express what you want in the game.
So, this guy looked like he wanted a ride out of there.
However, as soon as I touched down and exploded, I realized that he was trying to signal to me to fly away, that the LZ was too hot to land.
I thanked him and stopped flying choppers for the round.
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

So how did the captain get up the hill? Enquiring minds want to know. We should try to play together sometime Ed X. I suck big time, but dying all the time wouldn't be so bad with somebody I know.

Ale
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Eduardo X wrote:Two days ago, I was flying a fully loaded Blackhawk into a drop zone to the southeast of the hot base.
Hey, I'd only had three. Maybe four.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Snow

Post by Snow »

What squads do you guys play with? I'm with JGC. It's a good group of guys and very relaxed on requirements. The problem at the moment is that it's so relaxed we never have any competitive play against other squads :)
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Snow wrote:What squads do you guys play with? I'm with JGC. It's a good group of guys and very relaxed on requirements. The problem at the moment is that it's so relaxed we never have any competitive play against other squads :)
I play in a MOTFS tourney at internationalconflict.com. We just had our beta run and start for real in a few weeks. We have optional practices every day and go pubbing often.

Last Sunday, we were playing Twin Islands. My group spawned at main and a pilot flew over to the clearing to pick us up. I got in the "passenger seat" and we were waiting for everyone to load up. I saw an enemy trying to sneak in for a shot. I didn't have time to warn anyone so I just jumped out, shot him dead and got back in. Half the chopper didn't even see it happen.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT