Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. Graphic options I don't understand

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

jpinard

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. Graphic options I don't understand

Post by jpinard »

These are options in Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 that I'm unfamiliar with. Anyone know what they do?

Aggressive Z-Bias?

Geometry Imposter Distance?

Scenery Visability Alpha?

Bloom?
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Bloom - I think thats the same thing that was in Deus Ex - Invisible War that made everything look shiny and bright. If you turn it on in RCT3 and then look at the roofs of buildings etc they look slick and shiny, almost like looking in a puddle.

The scenery alpha i think is how visible the scenery is, almost like it looks like it is fading away if its turned well up.

Use the z-bias value to prevent z-buffer problems with polygons that lie in the same plane _ cut and pasted from a google search, looks good but don`t know what it means :roll:
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Reemul wrote:Bloom - I think thats the same thing that was in Deus Ex - Invisible War that made everything look shiny and bright. If you turn it on in RCT3 and then look at the roofs of buildings etc they look slick and shiny, almost like looking in a puddle.
Actually, bloom normally refers to the lighting itself, not the reflections. Bloom results in lights that have sort of a fuzzy halo around them, the way real lights do. Soft glare, as opposed to shine with a sharp edge.

Does that make sense?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Ummagumma

Post by Ummagumma »

The bloom effect is really obnoxious at times. The balloons glow like they've been touched by the hand of God or something.