Karoke Revolution 2

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

D.A.Lewis

Karoke Revolution 2

Post by D.A.Lewis »

Anybody have this?

I'm thinking this may be a good party game that would provide some fun and laughs. Input please.
Austin

Post by Austin »

My wife has the first one and loves it. I didn't know that 2 was out yet. Maybe I'll get it for her for her birthday... or part of her present anyway. Wow! Thanks for the reminder. Her birthday is next week! I completely forgot about it! Thanks D.A.Lewis!

Anyway, it could be a fun party game if your attendees will do it. I have tried with a few small crowds and everyone was too gunshy to do it. I think I am the only one that did it to get things started and I have a horrible, horrible voice. :o

I was at a party where they had an Xbox Karoke thing and people were clammoring for the mike.
D.A.Lewis

Post by D.A.Lewis »

Thanks Austin, I went ahead and got it even though the input here was minimal.

You also might want to check this out:

There is a board game called Hummables that is a blast to play. Basically you draw a card that has 5 catergories:
1) folk
2) movie/TV
3) contemporay
4) oldies
5) (something else i forget)

anyway, under each catergory is a song. The object is to pick a song on the card and hum (or la de da, or doo doo doo) it hoping somebody will name that tune. A terrific party or large family game.

for fun try humming Born to be Wild to your loved one and see if they get it.

dadadadadaaaada
Austin

Post by Austin »

D.A.Lewis wrote:Thanks Austin, I went ahead and got it even though the input here was minimal.

You also might want to check this out:

There is a board game called Hummables that is a blast to play. Basically you draw a card that has 5 catergories:
1) folk
2) movie/TV
3) contemporay
4) oldies
5) (something else i forget)

anyway, under each catergory is a song. The object is to pick a song on the card and hum (or la de da, or doo doo doo) it hoping somebody will name that tune. A terrific party or large family game.

for fun try humming Born to be Wild to your loved one and see if they get it.

dadadadadaaaada
She'd love that game! I'll check it out for sure. I would be soooo bad at it though. I have to admit that the wife and I are dorks sometimes. We make up car games all the time.

One is a game (only really works in near large towns/cities) where you hit the scan button and the person has to name (or at least know... honor system) the song playing. She gets 10 cracks, than I get 10 cracks. I almost always lose. (I listen to too much talk radio :P)

Another one is really dumb, but seems hilarious on long trips. It started around Christmas on a trip from CT to Upstate NY to see her parents. I took my empty Diet Coke bottle and blew Jingle Bells on it. (You know... like a jug) Of course it doesn't have any tone but she guessed it anyway. Than she tried another Christmas song and I had to try and guess... and so on and so forth. It is actually a running joke with us now... Oh man, the baby is going to hate us when he is older. :P

I think I'll pick this game up for her birthday as well maybe. :D Thanks again!
D.A.Lewis

Post by D.A.Lewis »

You wont be sorry. Hummables is a great game.

And thanks for the music can game. That might make an interesting variation on Hummables. I have a long car trip coming this Thanksgiving. BTW most people suck when it comes to humming, thats what makes the game so fun.

A typical response after someone try to hum a song and nobody guesses the tune is . . .

"You were humming that??????"
and everyone breaks out laughing.