DOOM 3 question

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

username

DOOM 3 question

Post by username »

I just made the transition to Mars City at the beginning of the game. When I left the previous area, I had a pistol and a shotgun and I think I had just picked up a machinegun as well. When I arrived, I had a flashlight. Period. What's up with that? Is this normal? No explanation was given for my sudden loss of firepower, and there doesn't seem to be any way for me to advance since there's a shotgun-toting sergeant in my way who blows me back ten feet every time I try to wallop him with the flashlight. Did I hit a bug or what?
knob

Post by knob »

Sounds like a bug. I never had that happen to me.

*spoilerish*

Apparently, when you get to Hell, you lose everything. I never made it that far. Doom 3 was good, but it didn't hold my interest after about 5 - 10 hours of play.
If I had a sig, would you read it?
username

Post by username »

Valael wrote:Sounds like a bug. I never had that happen to me...Doom 3 was good, but it didn't hold my interest after about 5 - 10 hours of play.
Me, either, especially after this crap. I played the demo and didn't like it much, but somebody insisted that I'd like the full game if I just gave it a chance. So I've played it now and given it a chance and I still don't like it.
Windows95

Post by Windows95 »

I think you did get hit by a bug. I played the full game and don't recall that happening. I'd suggest using some cheat codes to get back the weapons you should still have.
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

I think you should try and make a go of it with the flashlight. I mean, it's got a SWITCH.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
username

Post by username »

SWITCHING was exactly my problem. Omigod, I'm such an idiot. Many mea culpas to id. I'll have to go play a little more of the game now as penance. I was hitting "F" to switch from my flashlight to my last used weapon instead of choosing the weapon with the number keys. Apparently, your "last used weapon" resets to "none" when you change levels.