World of WarCraft client

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

knob

World of WarCraft client

Post by knob »

The Stress Test is available for closed beta testers so you can get it downloaded before the test begins.

As I mentioned in other threads, I was banned from WoW since, being the overly nice guy I am, I let a friend play my account. When I decided I wanted the account back to myself, he went and gave my information (CD Key included) to the illegal server people. Atleast that's what I'm assuming what happened. Blizzard won't tell me anything other than "Involvement with illegal servers." Ah well, lessons learned. You can't even trust friends you've had for 2 - 3 years.

But, to the point -- I was banned, but I can still DL the client. Good stuff.
If I had a sig, would you read it?
Eightball

Post by Eightball »

Wow Val, you're serious?

Man, what a schmuck.
Coskesh

Post by Coskesh »

Can you post the installer so some of us can patchup early who anticipate being let in the OpenBeta?

EDIT: or can I just patch up my Stress Test install?
Sherpa

Post by Sherpa »

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/download ... loader.exe

I'll have to wait til I get home to try it, but it seems you don't have to be in the closed beta to get it...

According to Blizzard, it is the new (and correct) download - I don't think you'll be able to patch the ST version.
Interloper

Post by Interloper »

I've been dling it for hours now, and barely hit 100mb. This is gonna take at least a day and a half. Apparently, it's gonna be up on Fileplanet soon. See http://www.battle.net/forums/board.aspx ... ow-general and check the banner up top. Refresh enough and you'll see the banner about the Stress Test being on FP.
jonsauce

Post by jonsauce »

Thanks for the link to the download. I expect it'll take forever to DL which is why I am starting now :)
Now Playing:

WoW (PC)
LotRO (PC)
GH2 (360)
Sherpa

Post by Sherpa »

Apparently the Stress Test is only for Closed Beta Testers and Fileplanet subscribers... (www.worldofwarcraft.com)

Anyone in the final Stress Test will automatically get in to Open Beta while everyone else will have to sign up and get one of a limited number of keys.
obb

Post by obb »

Don't suppose there's a friendly OO with a fileplanet subscription but aversion to World of Warcraft who could help someone out?

And does anyone think they'll let the beta characters continue to exist on test servers at retail or do the unthinkable and let them exist on normal retail servers?
CSL

Post by CSL »

Interloper wrote:I've been dling it for hours now, and barely hit 100mb.
Sucker. :P

Been downloading for about 2 minutes and i've got 20 MB done.
knob

Post by knob »

306mb down, 2200 to go. I've put in about 5 - 6 hours. Reminds me of when beta started. It took me 36 hours to download the client. I hate BT.

I also signed up for the stress test through FP. I'm hoping FP will offer a non-BitTorrent option.
Jessan

Post by Jessan »

I've got about 900MB left to go.

Damn fileplanet people finally got me to sign up.
knob

Post by knob »

Jessan wrote:I've got about 900MB left to go.

Does that mean that FilePlanet has a non-BitTorrent method of downloading?
Jessan

Post by Jessan »

Valael wrote:
Jessan wrote:I've got about 900MB left to go.

Does that mean that FilePlanet has a non-BitTorrent method of downloading?
Yeah. They have a regular download. I think it's on their members only servers though.
knob

Post by knob »

Could you supply a link? I'm a subscriber, I have an account, but I didn't receive an email.
Jessan

Post by Jessan »

Try http://www.fileplanet.com/download.aspx?f=147141

If that doesn't work you can go through the signup on the main fileplanet page and it'll take you there.
knob

Post by knob »

Yeah, I'm looking for the download link. I've signed up a few times (It doesn't actually give you multiple accounts) in hopes of finding a missed download link. But I'm not seeing it.
monkyskunk

Post by monkyskunk »

After signing up for the Stess Test and getting accepted you have to wait for File Planet to send you the key and the link to download the client.
Jessan

Post by Jessan »

When I signed up it just gave me a page with the key and took me to the link I posted above.
monkyskunk

Post by monkyskunk »

When was that though? I believe now that there is a waiting list. If you check the FAQ you will find the following:

I’m on the waiting list, when will I get my key?

As soon as the next group is released. We cannot tell you a time, just that it will come soon! But make sure you used a valid email address and have your spam filters set to NOT block FilePlanet emails. Emailing us won’t get you your key faster. If you were assigned a key, you will find it on your Betacenter page. DO NOT try to get a key again, DO NOT try and press F5 over and over. Your key will be sent if you arrived at the Wait list page.
jonsauce

Post by jonsauce »

Took me 12 or 13 hours to get my key.
Now Playing:

WoW (PC)
LotRO (PC)
GH2 (360)
EngineNo9

Post by EngineNo9 »

Yeah, they never actually even emailed me my key, I had to check my Betakey page on FP to get it. It's been almost 36 hours and they still havne't emailed me. :?
SpicyJ

Post by SpicyJ »

Also of note, the client you download from fileplanet (or the blizzard one) is the final retail client. When you buy the game, all you will need is your CD key. (See here for details)
knob

Post by knob »

I got my CD key the day after I signed up at around 5am.

Unfortunately, after downloading it, I found I was still banned. Not that it matters, I have a FilePlanet Stress Test account.