Can you say errection? (Halo2 boxshots - official!!!)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Roman

Can you say errection? (Halo2 boxshots - official!!!)

Post by Roman »

Here they are:

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=304562

I am pretty darn excited.
Roman
portnoy

Post by portnoy »

woot...

WOOT!!!

I have heard rumors that there are some stores that may break the street date this saturday. My hope is that if enough places break the street date, Gamestop will let me get my copy early as well *crosses gingers*

Really looking forward to some online halo goodness
DiscoJason

Post by DiscoJason »

Yes, I can, but you can't spell it. ;)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Devil

Post by Devil »

IN!
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

I betcha nobody breaks date on this one. MS is going to be watching like a hawk, and will probably come down like a ton of bricks on anyone who sells early.

That said, hopefully on Friday I can post some pics of what ~1000 copies of Halo 2 look like all piled up.

Of course, I won't be taking a copy home early. No siree Bob, not me...
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
naednek

Post by naednek »

looks like a box to me
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Yeah, MS has been REALLY picky.

Fun story. In holland there's an online games store that's set up by students. They sell games for a lower price than normal, because they don't really want to make a profit on the games, just enough to break even.

They've done this for about 3 years now, and it they are doing great. So, they started a pre-order deal for Halo 2, both for the regular edition and the limited edition. This preorder deal is usually another 3 to 4 euros cheaper than the normal price. Hundreds of people signed up, apparently, when Microsoft called them and said that they wouldn't get ANY Limited Editions. Not a limited number, like all other stores (a maximum of 30 per store, in Holland), but NO LE's at all. The reason? Halo 2 is Microsoft's number one title, and they don't want it to be sold cheaply. Even though this doesn't matter to microsoft's profits, because the gameshop pays the same as all other stores. The microsoft guy they talked to even said something along the lines of "Hey, if you do it to shit titles like Sudeki, we don't care, but not to Halo 2" Nice eh?

Anyway, a huge fuss was made, the NMA was notified, which is the dutch organization that guards against price agreements and Microsoft quickly backed down and apologized. Of course, the store still won't be getting any copies of the LE, because they've all been given away already.

But yeah...Microsoft is right on top of it with Halo 2 ;)
Where Cows Congregate - The Bovine Conspiracy
Thin_J

Post by Thin_J »

Well.. I'm already pre-sold. I'll be there at midnight monday evening to pick up my copy.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

<----- Of course, that couldn't be my hand... :wink:
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
Jancelot

Post by Jancelot »

Finally, it's actually being released! Woo-hoo!
TheMissingLink

Post by TheMissingLink »

I was playing this guy at ESPN NHL last night and he's like, "Yeah man, I've got Halo 2." and I'm calling bullshit on him and whatnot...so he starts telling me spoilers (which I had no clue at the time were spoilers) and I'm still like, whatever. So, he says that after our game, he's going to invite me to play a game of Halo 2 and I'm laughing at him!

So I whooped his ass and 5 minutes later I get an invite to play Halo 2 with him.

He says it's really good, btw :)
Member of the GG UT2k4 9000 Frag Club
Member of the GG UT2k4 Triple Digit Suicide Club
TheMissingLink on PSN
ArmyOfOne

Post by ArmyOfOne »

OMG WTF!!11!1! Teh dudes screen name wasn't BillyG316 was it? :D